Tania's Weight Loss Diary

Am doing actual work at work, but it's quickly turning into one of those afternoons where I search the internet for entertainment and someone to amuse me. 2 hours left...that's what I must repeat to myself.

I did the first of the new Zumba DVD's I got for Christmas yesterday, I really liked it but was surprised at how different (yet the same) it was to the PS3 game. Left me a bit sore later on at night, so at least I was working at it. Will do it again today...must get back into the routine.

Food for Thursday (EE)

Breakfast - yogurt, berries, cereal (HexB). Coffee...lots of coffee.

Lunch - leftovers from dinner yesterday (rice, pork, veggies). Carrot sticks to much on

Snacks - 2 chocolates someone brought in to work (5 syns...yummy, am trying not to go eat the last 2 in the box), orange (not so yummy, more sour than sweet). And half a yogurt and berries from the store because I was starving after work.

Dinner - tacos and rice, 6 syns for the shells, HexA for cheese, and another chocolate ( 2 syns). But no wine...so yay!?

Last edited:
Am dead from Zumba :D Haven't sweated this much in such a short time in forever. Have also pulled something in my elbow...hopefully a good night sleep will put it right...otherwise; left handed typing only tomorrow!

Oops, missed Friday.

WI was 3 pounds up, so I managed to shift 3 pounds since coming back from vacation. Not too bad.

Didn't go into work, our childcare lady had some problems with her oldest daughter the night before. So Jet and I hung out, took the Christmas stuff down (my exercise for the day), went out for lunch (oops) and then after work we all went over to the childcare ladys house for dinner and drinks so they could vent and take their minds off things.

So...breakfast was good. Lunch wasn't. Dinner was pizza, delicious, but not healthy :) I feel fine this morning, so must not have drank too much....actually...I think I drank a bottle of wine, but it was over 6 hours :)

Man, I just can't stop eating this weekend. Got the munchies big time :) Am also a little bored (doing laundry...yay!?), and watching American Football...and there's a big Christmas candy dish staring at me...

On the good side; we made breakfast this morning instead of getting take-away or doughnuts. And I made some potato-leek-bacon soup. 12 syns for the pot; and I think we got 12 cups...so about 1 syn per cup on EE. yummy and tons leftover for lunches this week.

May not get around to working out tonight...but tomorrow for sure.

Today I resolve to stop the pig-out that was the entire weekend :) Woke up this morning feeling bloated...yuck. So I only had a cup and a half of coffee and lots of water to drink...hopefully it will flush some stuff out.

Food for Monday (EE day)

Breakfast - yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, cereal (HexB). Coffee.

Lunch - green beans, some chicken, potato soup from yesterday (1 syn for the bacon).

Snack - blueberry tea and some more yogurt with berries. (guess at 4 syns for the yogurt since it was definitely not unsweetened)

Dinner - left over chicken, potatoes and salad. (2 syns for the tiny bit of gravy I put on the spuds) 2 Hershey kisses (2 syns)

Last edited:
Snowed huge puffy flakes this morning...would have been cute if it was a Saturday and I didn't have to drive into work :) Went to bed insanely early last night because I still had the munchies. I think I need to cut the sugar - full stop. Before Christmas I was fine and really that's the only thing that's changed...there's treats still in the house.

So...no more for me. No more nibbles, licks or tastes. How hard could that be? Ha!

Also need to finish this potato soup so that I can go back to Red days.

Food for Tuesday (EE...again)

Breakfast - yogurt, cereal blah, blah, blah (same as yesterday). Might make an omelet for tomorrow to break the rut.

Lunch - blueberry tea, potato-leek soup (2 syns for bacon), the insides of a chicken sandwich (chicken, corn, bell peppers, lettuce, cucumber, possibly onions...4 syns for dressing?) Raw carrots.

Dinner - spag bol and raw veggies. glass of wine 6 syns

Should also sneak some Zumba in there as well.

Last edited:
Trying to work out my 3 positives for today...besides being Wednesday and that much closer to the weekend I'm having a hard time. I will persevere though.

Did the toning Zumba workout last night, it was fun and a workout but I don't think it's intense enough to actually tone anything. I think I'll go back to the regular one tonight.

Food for Wednesday (Red day - I <3 red days)

Breakfast - coffee. more coffee. same stuff as yesterday...sigh.

Lunch - Tuna and chicken in a mini pita. Whole lot of raw veggies. Cheese HexA (need to work out the syns for the pita and the dressing. 1 for the pita and I'll say 4 for the dressing )

Snack - peppermint tea and some carrots.

Dinner - steak and some sauteed veggies and potatoes (hexb ) glass of wine 6 syns. 1 chocolate 2 syns.

Last edited:
Did the Zumba activate DVD yesterday...gah!!! It's getting more intense the more I do it...I think I'm spending less time watching the movements and more time actually...uh...moving.

Someone brought in a huge flipping box of Ferrero Rochers today at work. I took 2 :) and put them in my desk for emergencies.

Going to the community centre tonight to play family basketball. Should be interesting.

Food for Thursday (Red Day)

Breakfast - eggs and bacon and cheese (1/2 HexA) and coffee. I needed something different.

Lunch - Same as yesterday (5 syns and 1/2 HexA)

Snacks - yogurt and fruit. Peppermint tea, blueberry tea.

Dinner - Unsure. As long as it's not full of salt I'm okay; WI tomorrow...don't want to be all bloaty.

WI today and down 1.5 pounds, yay! 1/2 pound to re-get my 1 stone sticker (I would have worked harder if I had realized it was so close).

Realized that almost none of my day-to-day clothes fit anymore, which would excite most people but I really shouldn't be in charge of picking out what to wear everyday let alone purchasing anything new. Maybe I'll start small...a new pair of jeans and work trousers, before branching out to tops (which is the part I'm not really confident in...unless their teal green sweaters...those I know look okay).

...I also need a new pair of workout leggings as mine are starting to droop and I keep walking on them which pulls them down to uncomfortable levels.

Perhaps I'll take a look around after I get my haircut tomorrow...just a trim :)

I should work out tonight, but I slipped on some ice last night and my shoulder is a bit sore today. Stupid ice. Stupid family too for laughing at me.

And, since I'm all about the positives these days (I should add my things from the 3 positive thread here too), I'm not even going to mention what I've eaten. Because it's Friday. And payday. And my shoulder hurts.

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

Let's get this out of the way...it's -27 degrees C here today, and the forecast calls for snow and even colder temps tonight and tomorrow. That's COLD! But, as a good Western Canadian girl, I can't stay home and hibernate because we're supposed to be made of sterner stuff :)

Weekend was good, kind of busy running around, but we did get a chance to just relax which is nice. I even managed to go clothes shopping. What a chore that was; the shopping centre I went to had 2 kinds of clothing stores, one for teenagers and one for my grandma. Finally found things at the Gap that would work, so yay!

Food for Monday (Red day)

Breakfast - yogurt, strawberries, cereal (HexB)

Snack - Latte (HexA)

Lunch - green beans, meatballs. Raw bell pepper slices.

Dinner - pork and bns puree. Out of a box. small glass of wine 4 syns. Bit of cheese, hexa

Last edited:
Still brutally cold.:winter_brr: The forecast says above freezing temps for Saturday, but I think they do that just to give us something to look forward too.

Have decided that DH and DS need to do more around the house in the evenings so that I don't feel like I'm doing everything myself. Unsure how to put this plan into place...will ponder it some more this afternoon.

I've been chair dancing to Zumba songs all morning...makes me happy...if only I had a closed office, then I would get up and dance and then not be so darn cold.

Food for Tuesday (Red day)

Breakfast - Latte (HexA), scone (oops...it was really really good though, berry and white chocolate. A lot of syns.)

Lunch - green beans, slow cooked beef from the weekend. Yogurt and berries and cereal (HexB) (should have been breakfast). Tiny bit of cheese (part- HexA)

Will have peppermint and blueberry tea during the day.

Zumba BEFORE dinner tonight. Got a cramp last night when I did it after :rolleyes:

Dinner - Chicken. Salad. Green Beans (if they're still good)

Oops, kind of lost the plot today. Started out okay but the drive home was long and frusterating and instead of what was planned we're having pizza and wine and listening to random songs from iTunes.

Good news, I guess, is that I had 2 hexa, 1 hexb and 13 syns left when we walked in the door tonight. So at least some of the day was good.

Also, weather looks to break tomorow. Plus temps for the weekend!

So...1 pound up at WI this morning. Had a bad week staying on plan, I am kind of disappointed at myself, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it now except be more mindful going forward. And not eat crap most the week. And PLAN dinners, I think a lot of the bad choices were because we didn't have a plan for dinner that evening.

Looking forward to the weekend :)

Food for Friday (Red day)

Breakfast - yogurt, strawberries, cereal (Hexb), honey (2 syns). Coffee.

Lunch - chicken in a mini pita, raw veggies. (4 syns for the chicken thing)

Dinner - meat and veggies and salad. Just not sure on the specifics. And some wine.

Well; I *tried* to be good over the weekend, was probably only 50% on plan though. However, I did work out Saturday and Sunday, and I made a meal plan (kind of) for the rest of the week...so that's a plus.

I am some kind of cranky today too, possibly due to too much wine yesterday (american football playoffs, had to keep up with the boys), but I feel like telling people at work to stop being stupid and get to the point already. But I know that would be wrong, so I'm keeping my big mouth shut :)

Food for Monday - Red day

Breakfast - cereal 1/2 hexb, yogurt, mixed berries. and coffee.

Lunch - chicken and veggies in a pita. I ate less than half the pita and then ate the rest of the filling. I'm calling it the other 1/2 hexb and 3 syns.

Dinner - sausage and raw veggies, I think. I'm sure whatever it is will use up the last 12 syns. Should have someone calculate the actual value of the sausage for me...but not today.

Did the Zumba Rush DVD yesterday when i got home from work...for a 20 minute workout it was pretty intense...but fun, unlike some 30 day shred workouts I could mention. It will probably take a few more tries before I can do all the routines without looking like a fool though :)

One of my goals needs to be to try and drink more water. I do better than most people, but I find sometimes I'm not drinking as much as I should.

Food for Tuesday

Breakfast - same as always

Lunch - same as yesterday...odd, didn't really plan that.

Dinner - baked chicken, veggies and maybe rice. Which would make this an EE day.

Extras - Latte and half a piece of banana bread. Yummy, but was at the expense of my lunch time walk since it was a post-meeting follow up.

Wednesday and Thursday were good, except all Wednesday I honestly thought it was Thursday and every time was disappointed that I was wrong.

Gave myself a rest day from working out Wednesday, but I'm going to try and do the longer Zumba workout tonight while dinner is cooking.

Am going to do Green Thai Curry and rice for dinner (sauce is in a jar, will try and update this post to include the syns). If I'm going to workout I have to instruct DH on how to make rice...that should be interesting. I may have better luck teaching the 7 year old ;)

WI tomorrow! And Friday! And going to dinner and a show with my little sister!

I like the look of things tomorrow :)

Ooops, haven't been good with my diary (which is probably a reflection of haven't been good with the plan).

WI was 1.5 off, so back down to 141 lbs, yay. To celebrate I ate and drank everything in sight for the next 24 hours...but my sister and I had a great night out. Sneaky peak at the scales show a couple pounds up this morning...but a lot of that is probably water retention from the salty snacks that crept their way into my mouth :)

So starting fresh today...It is also Day One of my "no spend" month. In which I try to not do any spending outside of what I have budgeted for in advance. Which means bringing my breakfast and lunch to work every day, not buying coffee because I'm bored, and not letting the boys talk me into eating out.

We'll see how it goes.

Food for Monday (Red day)

Breakfast - yogurt, strawberries, cereal (1/2 HexB). Coffee. Tomorrow I'm going to change it up and have a banana.

Lunch - Tuna and Laughing Cow cheese (HexA) on Ryvita (HexB). Bell Peppers and Jicima.

Herbal Tea at work

Dinner - Quiche. I think. And salad maybe.

Back