Tania's Weight Loss Diary

Much better today, didn't wake up puffy :) Rings were loose and everything. Did 45 minutes of Zumba and had fun doing it.

Today was kind of busy at work, which makes the time go by faster, but limits my internet time. Quick drive home, started dinner, made the boys unload the dishwasher (they filled it up too...bonus), did Rush Zumba, finished dinner and am hanging out :)

Food for Tuesday (Green day)

Breakfast - banana, yogurt, cereal (HexB). Coffee.

Lunch - bell pepper quiche (HexA), potato soup.

Snack - 1/2 left over meeting scone (the knife jumped into my hand and before I knew it I was walking away with it...but as least I left the other half behind). Don't know the syns

Dinner - Chicken, linguini, alfredo sauce (HexB, 5 syns). Glass of wine (8 syns).

So not too bad, all things considered. Would be within syns if everyone in the meeting had eaten and not had stuff leftover for me to be tempted with.

My no-spend month is going okay, but I'm finding all kinds of stuff I want to buy...and my e-reader cracked beyond repair so at some point I need to replace that too. I have decided that I'll get an allowance of $10 a week that I can spend how I want...because, just like food, if I know I can't have something I want it even more.

Not going to workout tonight, my Achilles tendon is a bit sore, I aggravated it last May in somehow and every once in a while it flares up. Did a walk at lunch to loosen it a bit, but don't want to Zumba myself injured :)

Food for Wednesday (EE day)

Breakfast - yogurt, 1/2 banana, strawberries and cereal (HexB). Coffee.

Lunch - left over chicken and pasta (2 syns), salad, 1/2 banana

Dinner - pork and rice bake. 2 syns for the soup that's used instead of water, and HexA for the cheese I might throw on the top. Salad. Possibly a glass of wine (8 syns).

Going to have another cup of herbal tea. Hopefully there's not leftover treats again in the kitchen. I don't know if I'm that strong...

(speaking of which...was linked to a recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough dip. Which I want...badly)

0.5 lbs down for me today, yay :) Could have been better throughout , but at least it wasn't a gain. Going out to a friends for his birthday party tonight, food will be horrid (fingers crossed that someone will bring a veggie tray) but I'm driving so there won't be any (well, maybe one) drinks.

Doing my "I'm so bored" song and dance at work. It's not helping the last 3 hours go by any faster.

Going to grab another cup of tea, maybe someone will ask me a question on the way to the kitchen, that should kill a couple minutes...

Party went well, there was a veggie tray and she made some awesome salad rolls (I watched, it was way easier than I thought...I'm going to have to give it a try). There was also pizza (I had a tiny slice) and a couple cookies.

I drove home, so had one "drink" when we first got there (wayyyy too sweet for me, made my teeth hurt) and one glass of ginger ale. Feel excellent this morning lol

oops...forgetting my diary is not a good sign.

The weekend was full of things that shouldn't be eaten and not a single lick of exercise to balance it out. So I'm trying to be very good for the rest of the week and attempt to get my head back in the game. This line of thinking worked until 4:05 yesterday afternoon when I bought a huge ginger snap cookie and scarfed 3/4ths of it in the car while waiting for DH to get done work.

So today I have 2 lunches (one was supposed to be breakfast, but I bought some eggs instead) and I'll see if that helps the 4 o'clock munchies.

Food for Tuesday (?? day - depends on what's for dinner)

Breakfast - scrambled eggs, a tiny bit of cheese and ham was also in there.

Lunch - yogurt, berries, cereal (HexB).

2nd Lunch - green beans and cheese (HexA)

Snack - nectarine and jicama sticks

Dinner - Fish stick and chips. Part of the clean out the freezer initiative. And a glass of wine.

Last edited:
Wednesday was a good day. Realized I don't like Butter Chicken, I gave it two tries and it just isn't for me. Give me a green Thai curry and we're rocking though :)

Today has been okay so far. I found out that I can read my SW Magazines on both my phone and my PC...which made me happy almost all morning. We've got a family dance at DS's school tonight, he's looking forward to it but DH is decidedly not but he's going anyway.

WI tomorrow! Looking like either a small gain or STS, which isn't too bad considering how off track the weekend was.

Alright...no more excuses...here's my update for Monday in my DAILY diary. I don't know why my motivation has gotten up and left, but neglecting my diary (and exercise) is not helping. So I will update daily, and I will exercise daily...even if it's only my walk at lunch.

Today should have been an easy day, meetings all morning and then another in the afternoon which would keep me busy and preoccupied so that I didn't fool myself into thinking I was hungry.

But then in the 2nd meeting I started to get a migraine. They suck. By the end of the meeting I could see again (always a bonus), but the pain started and lasted until the end of the afternoon meeting.

Good side is that instead of buying a cookie and coffee because I felt sorry for myself, I had more tea and bought a yogurt with fruit. Actually, the really good side is that it only lasted a couple hours and not days (I'm pretty sure it was weather related...we went from -20C to above freezing in a few hours)

...oh. And I gave up coffee (and all it's accoutrements) for Lent. It was a rough Wednesday.

Food for Monday - Red day

Breakfast - yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, honey (1 syn), cereal (HexB)

Lunch - Steak and green beans

Snack - Yogurt with berries and granola. (at least 5 syns...probably more, there's no label)

20 minutes Zumba.

Dinner - More steak and green bean leftovers probably. Little bit of Onion Soup with cheese (HexA)

Snack - more cheese (HexA...I even measured it)

Last edited:
Today was so full of meetings, but it made the day go by quickly.

Exercise: 30 minute walk at lunch.

Food for Tuesday (green day)

Breakfast: Eggs and a few potato chunks. Will say Hexb for the cheese and ham in the eggs.

Lunch: yogurt, berries, cereal and honey. Hexb and 1 syn for the honey.

Snack: green beans and jicama

Dinner: Risotto and salad. 4 syns for risotto and 2 syns for salad dressing. Hexa for cheese.

Yucky day. Was up all night with a sick little buddy :( now we're hanging out at home and I think we're both a little bored.

Food is kind of sparse so far: cup of tea, little bit of yogurt and cereal and a bowl of chicken noodle soup with crackers.

And a mini muffin.

Dinner is chicken meatballs and potatoes.

Doubt I'll exercise, too tired.

Better today :) And almost the weekend! Weigh in tomorrow and, this morning, I was down a bunch. But I'm pretty sure that was due to yesterday not being normal.

We're trying to eat from the freezer so that we can defrost it properly...tonight I need to throw away the old stuff that's been in there for way too long. Wonder what I'll find...

Food for Thursday (Green day, I think):

Breakfast: yogurt, berries, cereal (HexB) and honey (1 syn). Tea.

Lunch: Leftover risotto with bell peppers.

Snack: Hot chocolate if I'm still freezing after this meeting (5 syns)

Dinner: Fish and chips from the freezer. And possibly some frozen veggies. Will calculate the syns once I'm home.

Going to also try and do a short Zumba session before dinner.

Hrmph...DS's sickness didn't pass me by as I'd hoped. Had a bout of yucky tummy last night and into this morning. Stupid virus. So WI was a bit off, I'm saying 139 and accepting that I may have a STS next week to make up for it.

So far I've had lots of peppermint tea, some ginger tea, water, cinnamon raisin toast, bit of yogurt and half a scone. Appetite is coming back but I doubt I'll have dinner other than some chicken broth.

Not how I planned to spend my Friday.

Wound up mostly unwell all weekend, but feel almost 100% today. Except that I'm not hungry at all and kind of afraid that if I do eat I'll start to feel yucky again.

So I had a muffin around 9 and it's half way through lunch and I'm thinking I might try and eat my berries and yogurt. I did go for a walk at lunch, it snowed during the morning and nobody was out...very peaceful.

Dinner might be some left-over chicken from the weekend. We'll see...

Much better today :) And firmly back on track I think.

Snowed a ton last night which made the drive into work twice as long as normal. I brought my boots and mitts and hat so there was no excuse to not go for a walk at lunch. It was brisk, but nice.

We get a new channel on television now which shows sporting events from places other than North America and we've been watching Rugby (Aussie and NZ version, as far as I can tell) which has been a hoot. We don't know the rules, but any sport where half the team was involved in a fist fight while the other half kept on playing is okay in my books. (However, trying to find a NRL for Dummies description on the 'net has eluded me so far.)

Food for Tuesday (Red)

Breakfast - Bacon (6 syns and wonderful), eggs and cheese (part HexA)

Lunch - Potato (HexB measured and everything) and cheese (HexA measured and everything)

Snack - Banana

Dinner - Chicken Meatballs and syn free gravy (really just oxo and gravy granules) and more potatoes(?) I don't know...will figure out something. Raw veggies to much on and probably a small glass of wine (4 syns).

Hungry today, must be back to normal! Went for a walk at lunch, it was a little brisk but nice to be outside. Read a textbook at work re: Well Log Interpretation....it made the day go by quickly, but not really entertaining reading.

Did NOT drink enough water though, and because I was hungry I ate a huge puffed wheat square which is making me feel a bit yucky. But oh well, I'll have a smaller (good) dinner and it will hopefully even out.

Food for Wednesday (Red?)

Breakfast - yogurt with honey (1 syn), banana and cereal (HexB)

Lunch - Potato (HexB), chicken, 2 laughing cow lights (part HexA) and some bell peppers.

Snack - yogurt and berries. And a huge puffed wheat square (all my syns???)

Dinner - don't know

Down a pound this week! Nice to see, and let's hope I can keep it off this week :) Off to a dubious start, as I had fast food for lunch and we're going out with friends tonight. I'm going to attempt to be good for the rest of the day. And the rest of the weekend :)

Wow, it's been a while. Weekend was fun, and the rest of the week has been kind of tiring. We put our clocks forward on Sunday and I'm still feeling it.

I've tried to stay on-plan (well, staring on Sunday and then ignoring the pizza we had on Wednesday), so we'll see what happens tomorrow at WI.

I've got an hour to go and then lunch and I'm starving! Then I need to magic something up for dinner since I didn't take anything out of the freezer...oops. Perhaps mac and cheese with tuna :)

Yikes. Have been amazingly bad at logging food, and it shows on the scales :) Although, I think I'm retaining fluid because I haven't been *that* bad. Anyhoo...today will be a running list of food and exercise (possibly even random feelings), I'll edit as needed.

Pasta and chicken for dinner, so will be a green day.

8:15 - Breakfast; yogurt, cereal (HexB) and strawberries. Tea (chocolate mint...yummy).

9:51 - Handful of frozen grapes and blueberry tea before going to a meeting.

12:15 - Lunch; leftover risotto and peas. Raw bell peppers and a salad (I forgot about that until I looked). Water.

No walk at lunch because it's *snowing*.

2:15 peppermint tea and more grapes before another meeting.

5:30 throw dinner in the oven and do a 25 minute "rush" Zumba workout

6:30 Dinner; chicken penne alfredo (chicken HexB, Cheese HexA). It was yucky :yuk:and not worth the 10 syns I gave it (estimating because no NI). 2 biscuits (5 syns) and peach tea for after dinner.

Last edited:
Tuesday and it's still snowing off and on and generally being gross out. I want Spring to be here now!!!!!

Dh has decided he wants to be involved in the household budget again. This usually happens once or twice a year, until he wants something expensive and then it becomes inconvenient and he forgets about it. Slightly frustrating for me because most of what he's saying I tried to get him to do years ago...I guess it just needs to be his idea :)

Food for Tuesday ( Taco night!!!! So excited :) )

Breakfast - strawberries yogurt and cereal (Hexb)

Lunch - salad, mini pitas, raw veggies. 4 syns for dressing and pita. Hexa for cheese.

Snack - grapes. Kind of hungry still, but want to save my pennies and save my syns for dinner.

Dinner - Tacos! 2 shells are a Hexb here so yay! checked the pack and the shells are only 2.5 syns each, bargin! Will use cheese as Hexa and add lettuce and tomatoes.

I wanted to stay away from the wine this week, but may need some if there's budget talk. If no wine, then I'll add some avacado to the tacos :)

Back