Target Slim

you just have a shake for breakfast, dinner and tea and drink lots of water. the first 2 days are tough as you still feel the urge to eat but after that its easy. when you see your weight loss on the weigh in its really good and gives you a boost. its basically 450 calories per day.

there is a wider range of flavours than lipotrim(which only had chock, strawberry and vanilla)
they are

chocolate, mint chocolate, strawberry, banana, vanilla and fruit salad.

they are working on soups too but im not sure when they come out. the shakes are tasty though. its a really good diet. when you are near your target weight, you then go on to stage two which consists of 2 shakes and a low calorie meal but you do get a handy recipy booklet to give you an idea. then gradually wean yourself onto food and eat healthy.

good luck if you go for it. its worth every penny. xxx:D:D:D

Finding it tough

Hiya girls - just started the target slim 3 days ago & finding it tough. maybe it's just me but i miss not being able to eat ANYTHING and dont find the shakes very filling. Maybe its just me :(

Giving it a go for the 1st 7 days till weigh in and then maybe I'll get a boost from that!!

Hiya girls - just started the target slim 3 days ago & finding it tough. maybe it's just me but i miss not being able to eat ANYTHING and dont find the shakes very filling. Maybe its just me :(

Giving it a go for the 1st 7 days till weigh in and then maybe I'll get a boost from that!!

Hang in there. The first week of any VCLD is usually tough to the point of hellish at times, as you run out of glycogen stores and your body is shouting at you to be fed. It'll ease up by the end of the week and you should stop feeling quite so hungry.

You will miss food - it's quite normal, and not at all surprising. However stick with it and it'll begin to pass. I won't say it goes away completely, but it certainly gets easier. Things worth doing don't come easy!

In short, it really is not just you... Difficult to believe with everyone saying how 'wonderful' 'great' and 'fabulous' things are - I was starting to wonder whether it was 'just me' too in my first week, but a chat with a mate (formerly on LL) soon made me realise it wasn't.

Sometimes I think the people who are struggling don't post out of embarrassment or also thinking 'it's just me'; which is a shame as they're exactly the people who ought to shout out for support. Then we never see them again.

So, I only really wanted to say... you are not alone. :)

Hello! I have just started my diet today...I need to lose 3 st. Found the first diet surprisingly easy! :)

How much can I expect to lose in the first week?? x

im glad that other people struggle at first too. i found it hard for the first week but when you go to your weigh in and see you have lost 7lb, its all worth it and it does get a lot easier. now i think its great and dont think about food. xx

Hi all havent posted in 2 weeks. In that time i have lost another 10 pounds. Thats 35 pounds in 5 weeks.Had a bit of a blowout at the weekend and had a few drinks and a meal out,felt i needed to blow off a bit of steam.Felt full and sick very quickly.and had a awful hangover the next day. One good thing about it,all out of my system now,realise im not missing out and never want to drink again. Hope the weigh goes ok Friday but i will confess all and take my punishment on the scales

Starting /target slim

Hi Everyone,

I see that no one has posted since march and hope that i get some replies. I am hoping to start Target Slim on Friday and as i am off on holidays in 5 weeks, i am 13st 8lbs and really want to loose 3st. I did Lipotrim a few years ago and lost 2st in 5 weeks but put the weight back on now from breaking up from an old relationship and getting comfortable in a new one, if anyone is still on it i would like to know how you are all getting on as i remember when i was on Lipotrim i was on a forum everyday and it was an amazing support to get me through!

:p

Hello Bright Eyes. I started Targetslim on 21st June so I'm nearly finished week 4 now. I'm on step 1, which is the 3 shakes a day. I've stuck to it religiously 100% and have lost 12lb on week 1, 3lb on week 2 and 2lb on week 3. Not exactly as much as I was hoping for but when they add together it seems a bit better! The chemist told me last week to reduce my water intake from 3litres to 2 litres as she felt I may be retaining fluid. I'm a bit confused by this because I thought the remedy for fluid retention was to drink more water. I've reduced this week though so I'll see how it goes.

I'm finding the shakes fine. There's plenty of choice and another four flavours were available this week.

I could honestly stay on this diet for as long as it took to lose the weight. I know you have to take a break after 3 months though. Best of luck - its great to have someone else to have a chat with. I've been reading the lipotrim forum as it seems very similar but I'm delighted to have found someone else on the same programme as me.

Last edited:
Hi Buzzwhiz,

I'm so happy someone is on here, i thought i would get no replies as the last post was ages ago. I went into Bradleys in Blanch yesterday and got my first week of step 1 also, i told her i did LT in the past so she explained the differences, first i was so happy with the selection of flavours i got cookies and cream, honeycomb, mint choc, lemon, fruit salad, choc carmel and a few more!!! the second thing i liked was that she said you could have sugar free chewing gum because when i did LT a few years ago they said i could only have listerine strips as the gum would knock me out of keitosis. I am starting on monday as i am going on holiday in 5 weeks and aim to loose as much as possible. As for you she said to me about the water also so give that a try for a week or so don't go over the 2 litres as you are also getting water in your shakes, also when i did LT i remember loosing 11lb on week 1 then 7lb, then only 2lb for 2 weeks i was so dissapointed but don't panic as the next week after that i lost 5lb, then 6lb the next! It can go up and down sometimes and yes you do get angry and feel why did i only loose 2lb when i've on been on shakes, but you'll do it!! /i weighed in at 89kg/196lb so i in around the same as you, i want to loose about 50lb or 3st so will probe start up again after my holiday! It's great to have someone in the same boat to chat to, i used LT forums in the past and it helped get me through!!!

Hello Brighteyes. Well I've had my fourth weigh in and have lost another 3lbs. I think that's 20 altogether in 4 weeks so I'm happy with that. Hope your first week is going ok. I very nearly gave up after the first few days. But before the first week was over, my appetite went away completely and I had plenty of energy. Let me know how you get on at your first weigh in. Best of luck.

Hi Buzzwhiz,

Today is my first day so only had one shake so far. Yesterday i had an exam so after had a bit of a pig out and ate loads of goodies before today but felt sick after it and honestly couldn't wait to see the back of food!! I have bout a bikini to aim for getting into in 5 weeks!! well done on your weight loss thats great, how are you feeling now, are you hungry at all??

Hi Brighteyes. I swear to God. Not even a small bit hungry and I can't remember the last time I was. Only part that's hard is the social side of things. I do feel a bit left out but can't think of one thing that I would like to eat. Absolutely no cravings whatsoever. Its like food has nothing to do with me anymore! Really weird! The first 4 or 5 days was really tough though. I thought I was going to eat a chair leg I was so hungry. I just went to bed really early and swore if it didn't improve I would give up after a week. I don't think anybody could stick it if it felt like that long-term. Best of luck. Keep the bikini in mind - Eyes on the prize!!!!

Hi Buzzwhizz,

Thats great that your not hungry or craving, hope i won't, i agree the social end of things is hard and we'd always have a bottle of wine and a take away at the weekend but thats gone now, that might be hard alright but hope i get through it, have you any favorite flavors or do you like them all? The bikini is going up on a hanger to look at everytime i might be tempted at all!!!

I love the lemon flavour, cookies and cream and chocolate honeycomb. They're my favorites. I make sure I get at least 5 each of chocolate and mint chocolate so that I can make hot chocolate with them for a change. My least favorite is strawberry but that might be because I hate strawberry flavored things anyway and I found the caramel one very very sweet. I like all of the others and love the variety. We used to get a takeaway and wine on Friday nights too and it was part of the start of the weekend ritual. I find Fridays most difficult. Not because I want a takeaway or wine (it would probably make me sick now) its just that I haven't found something yet to replace that Friday feeling. My poor hubby is fantastic. He is one of those people who never have to worry about his weight. Tall and slim - exact opposite to me. He hasn't had a takeaway in four weeks either and has done without his glass of wine too. It will all be worth it in the end though.

Oh my god thats so like me, just having a cookies and cream one now it's nice, i know what you mean with the friday ritual thats was me and my boyfriend, don't know how we can replace it now, even going to the cinema is hard with no popcorn! He is being very supportive to me i have to say he knows how much i want to loose weight, i was eating brown rice and veg and exercising like mad and only lost 4lb in 3 weeks so he knows i've tried other options. I just can't wait to get past this first week and see a weight loss, what clothes size were you when you started, have they gotten loose on you after dropping 20lb? I'm a size 16 sometimes an 18!!!:mad:

When I started I was mostly size 16 and sometimes 18 too. Now size 16 is looser and more comfortable. I wouldn't dream of buying 14 yet. I know I haven't shrunk that much but size 16 is definitely looser now and hopefully size 18 is gone forever!

Ah thats great, how long are you planning on staying on the diet, what is your target?

Back