Taz's diary - Need to do this!

I bet they wont have them tonight when i go :(

That's what I thought on Sunday but when I went in they had extra stocks so they should have some

They have a long enough date on them!

Heh! I didn't mean to eat them all at once, I just get bored faced with similar food choices for too long...and yoghurt isn't really one of my fave foods...apart from in cooking or frozen as a dessert from time to time...my kids love yoghurt though...

Grrrr scales are showing a 3lb gain this morning. I have no chance of losing that by tomorrow morning. Although, I'm not sure how accurate my scales are as I changed them after WI last week so I'm not too sure if they are the same as my old ones. I will have to wait til tomorrow to see what the REAL damage is! Aunt Flo is due to visit so that can't be helping.

I have my exercise into a good routine now so I just have to sort out the food side of it. I don't really know why I have lost grip on the food. All I seem to be doing at the moment is putting weight ON!

Phhh, I reckon it's the new scales hun, be extra good and eat loads of speed foods between now and WI and you'll be fine. x

If it is a 3lb water gain then that can be lost overnight...fingers crossed it's water and glycogen which shift fairly fast if you eat light...

Well I realised that moping about it isn't going to do me any good so I decided to plan the week ahead. I always have low Syn treats in the house so I can still have treats without it being too damaging. The trouble is, I have been having too many of those treats lately and others as well!

Sooo I went to the kitchen and got 6 bags out and into each I put crisps and chocolate adding up to 13 Syns and labeled them Thursday to Tuesday. So add to that the 2 HE B Alpen lights and I have all my snacks for the day!

So here are all the bags and what I will have on Thursday:

Attachments

• Photo-0059.jpg
    Photo-0059.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Photo-0060.jpg
    Photo-0060.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 43
Brilliant idea Taz...I tend to measure out nuts and things into little containers for when I need to take them out with me...I also carry protein bars with me in case I am out and about at meal times and get peckish...and those ready to drink protein shakes sometimes...yeah some of my food comes in ready measured portions too and I am pretty much maintaining weight now, so the 'tricks' (shortcuts?) and things do work even for those of us who have lost the weight and are at goal, etc...

Thanks Nex, I think sometimes it helps to be a bit like a child about things, I can have my rations in the morning and when they're gone they're gone

how organised are you! x

Thanks girls, I think it's what I have to do to make sure i don't lose track of what I am having. I think it's too easy to just 'grab another chocolate' from the cupboard but if I have my allowance for the day then once it's gone it's gone. It will be interesting to see what a difference that makes. I have even prepared and Synned my post WI munch for today! Which, I have to say, includes a Galaxy bar that Mr Taz bought home for me yesterday that I haven't touched yet!

Making sure you have some treats among the allowance will help with the craving thing that a lot of people get from deprivation and counting them in will make sure they are not damaging your weight loss. Good luck for the weigh in Tazzy x

Thanks Gem, my 'treat packs' contain crisps and chocolate! I KNOW I will have a gain this morning so there's no point getting too down about it. I will go straight from WI to the gym and get that gain shifting!

I have a friend who lost 8 stone after replacing PND with an obsession for exercise. She was running every night about 6 miles and during the day walking everywhere with her pushchair. She looked great when she lost the weight but it was always in the back of my mind that the way she did it was unhealthy and left her vulnerable to crash back in the other direction. I've been thinking more about her in the last month since I joined the gym as I am now exercising about 10 hours a week. I see a councellor every couple of weeks and yesterday I spoke with him about it as I was a little worrried that at some point I may fall down in the same way my friend did and undo all my hard work. He told me that I don't have an addiction to exercise and my attitude towards it is very healthy and the structure is good. I was so pleased with this, I now realise that I have nothing to worry about and this is now my lifestyle and I won't be undoing my work. I know that I will have to cut down the hours when I return to work for practicality reasons but I only commit to 2 sessions a week at the gym anyway so the extras are just a bonus at the moment

Sorry for the long ramble there!

Perfectly OK Taz - you're allowed to ramble on YOUR diary (or even mine if you want to). While I would say take care not to over-do it I think exercise is a good thing. My mum lived her life in fear of it, telling my dad off for even doing yoga!!! (mind you, he was standing on his head in his late 60s). She used to shout "Jim, you silly old fool - you'll do yourself a mischief with all that blood rushing to your head at your age" and he used to laugh and say "Ah you silly thing - I'll be alright" and he was - "fit as a flea" as he always used to say!!!

Exercise is good. It was just good to get it confirmed that my attitude towards it is healthy and I'm not overdoing it

Morning Taz,
Good luck for your wi this morning. Its a great idea what you have done with all your treats for the day.
Maybe i will do that, but i dont tend to cheat on syns i always just have extra fruit now.
I have my wi tonight but feeling down over the whole thing as been good for the past weeks and put on both weeks.
So lets see how i do tonight. x

Well I knew it would be a gain but I thought it would be more! It was only 1.5lb! I am really happy with that

Back