Taz's diary - Need to do this!

You're doing well Taz - don't knock it. You'll get that loss sooner than you think x

That's not quite true - the general trend has been down except for the last year when you've had SO much going on. Even before that you had your knee problem and enforced lack of exercise, operation and recovery period. Don't be so hard on yourself - you'll be fine x

Well as much as I'd love to say I will lose all my weight this year, I know that's not realistic for me. I am only planning on losing 2 stone this year and I'm not ever sure how acheivable that is!

I lost 2.5lb which is good (considering I was captive to Synful food on the weekend)

Whoop! Forget the synful food, forget the regimented stuff for a minute...I think it really is stress doing your weight loss down...you seem very determined (which is good) but with a kind of stressful force of wanting to do better...I think you are doing really well, exercising and losing weight...it does take time and it isn't easy peasy for everybody unfortunately.

Today at the gym I have had my plan tweaked a little! I have had the reps of the resistance equipment upped so I get a better workout. I have a full review due in a month so I will see how that goes!

Are you also upping the weights every two to four weeks to strengthen your muscles as well, or do you do the weights purely as a cardio workout? Even then your body will pateau because it gets used to the same weight all the time and the stronger you get, even if you don't want to build muscle, the more weight you should use...well that is my opinion. More weight less reps is a far better workout in my humble...it gets the heart rate up and tires the muscles right out...

Don't be afraid to lift heavy, as women we don't bulk up as men do (unless supplementing with protein and other more dubious things) as we don't have testosterone...

:wavey:

Are you also upping the weights every two to four weeks to strengthen your muscles as well, or do you do the weights purely as a cardio workout? Even then your body will pateau because it gets used to the same weight all the time and the stronger you get, even if you don't want to build muscle, the more weight you should use...well that is my opinion. More weight less reps is a far better workout in my humble...it gets the heart rate up and tires the muscles right out.....

My first trainer at my gym said that but when he left the guy that replaced him said the opposite. It appears there are varying opinions on the subject. I may tackle him again about the subject!

Whoop! Forget the synful food, forget the regimented stuff for a minute...I think it really is stress doing your weight loss down...you seem very determined (which is good) but with a kind of stressful force of wanting to do better...I think you are doing really well, exercising and losing weight...it does take time and it isn't easy peasy for everybody unfortunately.

Are you also upping the weights every two to four weeks to strengthen your muscles as well, or do you do the weights purely as a cardio workout? Even then your body will pateau because it gets used to the same weight all the time and the stronger you get, even if you don't want to build muscle, the more weight you should use...well that is my opinion. More weight less reps is a far better workout in my humble...it gets the heart rate up and tires the muscles right out...

Don't be afraid to lift heavy, as women we don't bulk up as men do (unless supplementing with protein and other more dubious things) as we don't have testosterone...
You speak such sense! Yes I will increase the weight at my next review, he said it would bee too much to increase everything in one go so by the end of March I will be used to the reps and ready to go up in weights

My first trainer at my gym said that but when he left the guy that replaced him said the opposite. It appears there are varying opinions on the subject. I may tackle him again about the subject!
Wouldn't hurt to ask again

hey hon. i think that's fab. and you've only gotten into gear recently so sod the monthly thing. the monthly trend that is important is from now when you are starting a new month with a new plan. there's no reason why you can't finish this month with a good loss if you stick with it.

abz xx

Yeah I hope so Abz. I have had quite a few Syns today but that is usual for after WI. I had a free dinner and I plan to limit my Syns more this week. I have a couple of day trips planned so I might have to take a picnic!

Hi Taz

2.5 lbs is great in circumstances. Also are you still measuring yourself as if you are training hard you may be building up muscle which obviously weighs more than fat, but will be toning up and losing inches.

I have to agree with Nexangelus, I think the stress really affects us and our weight loss, I know when I get all obsessed and upset about my lack of progress the scales just stick - weird but true, when I stop stressing about it everything seems to improve. 2.5 lbs is brilliant in a week - you will get there.

Keep your chin up hun

Carol x

Reactions: Taz
Thanks Carol, I know I should be really happy about the 2.5 and I really would be if it hadn't been for last weeks gain!

Forgot to says congrats on the loss this week. Well done. x x

Reactions: Taz
Hey Hun,

Well Done on 2.5off....

try not to look back at previous weeks and start fresh from now, your now sorted with all your gym and MA's, you know SW works... just try not too get too stressed.... the only way is down!!!

hugs Nas x

Hey Hun,

Well Done on 2.5off....

try not to look back at previous weeks and start fresh from now, your now sorted with all your gym and MA's, you know SW works... just try not too get too stressed.... the only way is down!!!

hugs Nas x
Thanks Nas, onwards and downwards eh?!

Back