Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim Official Thread

Morning Dee

Fantastic post, well done you for losing that 9.5 stone already. :talk017:
Try not to worry too much hun about what you think you may have put on since xmas, just try to down tonnes of water :waterbottle: between now and Monday, cut down on carbs and see how it helps. I put half a stone back on over xmas but after only 4 days of eating slightly healthier and drinking water I have gone from 18.4 to 17.13 on my scales of course. So don't be disheartened. Like you say, it makes you realise that this is a life changing experience :innocent0002: else we'l all put the weight back on, maybe this xmas has been the turning point for you?! and maybe you'l never go back....start as you mean to go on gal and remember your doing so well so far, we're all here for you whenever and for whatever so lets get crackin!!! :grouphugg:

Much love being sent to you hun!! :wavey:

xxx

Thanks honey. That's completely fab that you are losing already before starting CD, keep that sort of enthusiasm up and you'll be at your goal before you know it!

So, my job for today is cleaning out my kitchen of all food and temptation so that when I start tomorrow I have nothing around to lead me astray. I'm really excited about it, so glad to be back in the 'zone' I was worried that I just wouldn't have the same drive to diet this time around.

Good luck for tomorrow

Love Dee xx

Hi Guys, I guess we're an official team now. How exciting. Like others I originally started CD in July, but stopped in Sept due to unrelated illness. I now weigh 2 stone more than I did then, and im at my all time heaviest. My unofficial start weight is 230lbs and my goal is 133lbs, preferably by June.

My weigh ins will be sat mornings so i will post then

My 5 reasons are
to stop weight related aches and pains
to be more confident
to be able to shop anywhere
to play more games with the kids
to look good

My ideal outfits would be skinny jeans and high boots (not necessarily together, but I cant always fit into high boots so this would be an achievement for me).

By the way how do I add the signature to my posts permanently? I pasted this one into this message but I assume there's a way to add it to profile. When I went to my profile I was told i didnt have permission?

glitterfy054822T440D38.gif

Mini Challenge?

Hi guys, I've been looking at some of the old challenges and there was a 3 months to lose 3 stone for Christmas. I thought something like that might be motivating for us. The only thing that sprang to mind was 1.5 stone to lose for valentines day, which is 1.5 months away. What do you all think?

Also how much water is everyone else drinking/aiming to drink. I've been going for 3 litres a day, I dont start CD until tomorrow but i'm hoping to eventually make it to 4 litres.

glitterfy054822T440D38.gif

Mini Challenge?

Hi guys, I've been looking at some of the old challenges and there was a 3 months to lose 3 stone for Christmas. I thought something like that might be motivating for us. The only thing that sprang to mind was 1.5 stone to lose for valentines day, which is 1.5 months away. What do you all think?

Also how much water is everyone else drinking/aiming to drink. I've been going for 3 litres a day, I dont start CD until tomorrow but i'm hoping to eventually make it to 4 litres.

Ooh, a mini challenge, I love the sound of that! And I definitely think that a stone and a half by valentines day is achievable. I like it especially as my birthday is two days later and so I'm going to think of it as my birthday challenge too :D

As for the water, the general concensus is that you only really need as much as CD recommend. So I would aim for 2 and a half litres a day, and drink more only if you feel you need it. The old adage that the more you drink the more you shrink has been found to be rubbish so I wouldn't push it. And you can do yourself damage so just be careful :eek:

Ooh, and the signature thing, I think you have to have posted 50 posts before you can add a signature. There are a few word game type threads that you can use to get your numbers up or you can keep chatting here :p

So what's everyone up to? I have just discovered that the Watch channel is doing the entire series of Pride and Prejudice one after the other today. And as my only plans are housework related, I'm spending an afternoon in with the Bennets!

Love Dee xx

Hi Deejay. I find that the more I drink the thirstier I get so 3 litres is ok with me but I may not bother with the 4th.

My birthday is 1st feb so I too am thinking of this as a birthday challenge.

Missyl is this ok as an official team challenge? We dont want to usurp your authority

Im so looking forward to losing with you guys

Hi guys
Hope all's well today!
I'm bang up for a challenge, maybe get Missyl to throw down a challenge against another team - to add a bit of spice and to encourage us all to pull together as a unit?
Alot have told me that men tend to lose faster than women (sorry), but as I have so much to lose, I am hoping that I will be able to lose that bit more to help bump up our team score. Lets see if it works.
I have just come back from the hospital, had to have an MRI scan. Wont get the results for a few weeks, am not that concerned though as the consultant didnt seem worried, he said it was routine. The scan was on my gall bladder, which they say they cant remove at the mo due to my size. Another resaon to shed the lard!
The machine wasnt as bad as people have said, although being my size, I only just fitted in after having a shoe horn and vaseline to ease me in, lol.
Plans for today, what aprt from lunchtime at the pub followed by a kebab???????????
Absolutely nothing, taking it easy before the working week starts up again.
And Kate, regarding your earlier post, Yeah, I knew it was LaToya, not Janet...........was just seeing how alert you were!!! Not!! They all bloody look the same, and that includes the pet dog, thats also had that stupid nose surgey to make it look like a clone freak!
As ever, take care team, spk soon!

Sane, I love the idea of the 1.5 mini challenge, it would be great to have lost that amount by 14th Feb :D If Missyl reakons its good enough I certainly think we should push for it, especially as by the end of this week we will all have started CD properly :)

Dee, great idea for an afternoon, we just got back from a walk at Padstow with the dog so going to chill out now for a few hours until I go to work at 7pm, only doing 3 hrs to fill in the gap and kinda wish I hadn't said I'd do it now but hey ho!!

Hey Dean,
Sounds like you have had a busy day, I hope the MRI comes back with the right result for you hun! Haha, they do all look alike don't they, they seem a strange family to me those Jacksons, no offence if anyone loves em....they kinda give me the hebbiejeebies!! ;)

Right off to have a shower and relax until work, speak soon guys

xxx

Kate
Enjoy the relax, hope you aint getting a cab to work, who knows what type of oddjob man you may get, lol!!
You take it easy

Just thought, how funny would it be to get a cab and find a politician driving it, I'd have to do double lottery numbers. On that subject, and be honest....... dont lie...... you call a cab, you hear a bib, you go to get in the cab and notice that Verne is driving.........would you get in ????????
I'd be crapping myself, I'd feel like I was on senakot!!!!!
I'm not knocking the dude, but since seeing him, I have tried to look at things through his eyes, goes to show how much we all take things for granted!

Lots of great info here ppl, I'm so encouraged by all of you - and I def think we can reach our goals!

That mini-challenge is a great idea, but how dareth thee suggest an idea without first-eth approaching me lol! :p come on ppl, this is a group thing - I'm not a whip-on leader, we are a democracy :)

At the same time through some experience with this, I don't want to over-do a target (esp at the beginning for some of us) so why not start with a slightly simpler 1 stone challenge for this month? Anything above is just a bonus :)

As for weigh-in days, looks like everyone has quite varying times for these, so could we make it a little more simple for this team - and have them on fridays?

Offcourse your official weigh-ins for yourself can be different, but if we align ourselves for friday weigh-ins for this team - that would be easiest. (Then you'll PM me your results)

I hope you all have gmail accounts, or if you could set some up? Because using the excel sheet of weight records from this forum, I've placed a google document that only we can access/edit - online. So wherever you have internet access you can edit and view it.

If you all give me your gmail address I can add you to the edit/view list. For now I have set it so that anyone can see, just so you can take a look at it
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pHD8QXJmG-qkKr4_1bl8_CQ&hl=en

You only change the yellow fields (weight in lb/start date/height) and then it does everything else for you.

If you guys can then fill in your details, I've filled in as much as I could from the details you gave.

Btw we are still waiting on chilli-chilli, some come on up :D

Missyl
How ya doin?
Blinding work sheet.
Didnt have a gmail account, but.... just opened one.
[email protected]
My official start date was the 1st jan, but my weigh in is gonna be on the 10th, so should i change the start date to the 3rd to enable all the other dates to fit in with my weigh in dates?

I haven't looked at the spreadsheet yet nor opened a gmail account, but cannot believe you have set all this up, I wouldn't have known where to start LOL!! Well done hun!

Yeah where is Chilli-Chilli.....there was another lady earlier on in the thread who asked if she could join, has anyone got back to her to say so far we have no vacancies?

Dean, lol, that would be so funny re: politician cab driver, as for Verne, bless him it does make you realise how lucky you are, he must struggle at times. I think I would worry if I opened the cab door to him though.

Worry.......... I think I would jump on my son, Jacks', bmx and head off!
I agree with you regarding Missyl, what a leader!
Hope your reading this Missy, we're bigging you up here.
Regarding the whereabouts of one of our team-mates, Chilli may be upstairs in my house, the radiators have stopped working and its freezing, lol.

I'm good thanks, though having a bit of a backpain which is annoying - I noticed I had this before on the diet, trying to figure out why.

I've just added your email bigfella so you can update your details - and yeh prob better to stick to the 3rd so it doesn't get confusing.

I just realised that you can use any email for accessing the excel file, so the rest of you can give me your regular emails.

I only just saw HazeyBlue's post - sorry about not responding. I'll pm her

lol thanks guys - I'm here to help when I can (and oh yeh.. lose weight! lol)

Btw I like your idea of challenging another team bigfella - raise our motivation and agression hehe. Will post a thread now

Missy, I have set up a gmail a/c now [email protected] - So may as well use this one I guess. Also not sure about the dates on spreadsheet. I start tomorrow (5th Jan) but officially weigh ins on saturdays - dates on spreadsheet are thursdays. I only mention it because when spreadshet says 7 days done I will only have done 3. - Or is this what you meant by our team weighing in on Fridays? Im up for unofficially weighing on Fridays and contacting you - btw how do you PM?

Congrats on an amazing spreadsheet. You are definately a leader. Thanks.

Back