Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim Official Thread

Hi Hun
My mum has tried the original porridge and said it was quite nice :D I can't wait to try them both, unlike mum I like cinnamon so will try the other flavour too!! Let us know what you think.
I have that chesty cough too and cannot shake it :( ho hum!!
I shall pm you in a min with my facebook details.
Good luck back at work and keeping to CD remember we're all here if you need us hun xxx

Hi Dee
Hope you're ok!
I know some find it hard so I dont want to kinda put people's nose's out of joint by saying that I'm finding it easy.
Mentally, I just know that I have to do this, I mean, 24st 11lbs, thats sooooo bloody big, I get any bigger, then its a case of using curtains for shirts and wind socks for trousers!
Mentally, Im in a good place - but have no doubts that all in this team will (if not already) be in exactly the same boat. We will all reach our goals - we have made a committment, and all need to see it through!
Regarding facebook, not on it as it all goes back to the "fat photo's" thing. To embarressed for people to see even my face weighing what I do. I know it sounds crap, but thats how I feel.
Be good Dee

Hi Dee
Hope you're ok!
I know some find it hard so I dont want to kinda put people's nose's out of joint by saying that I'm finding it easy.
Mentally, I just know that I have to do this, I mean, 24st 11lbs, thats sooooo bloody big, I get any bigger, then its a case of using curtains for shirts and wind socks for trousers!
Mentally, Im in a good place - but have no doubts that all in this team will (if not already) be in exactly the same boat. We will all reach our goals - we have made a committment, and all need to see it through!
Regarding facebook, not on it as it all goes back to the "fat photo's" thing. To embarressed for people to see even my face weighing what I do. I know it sounds crap, but thats how I feel.
Be good Dee

Wow, you seem to be in a very similar place to me this time last year! I was so big when I started CD that I was at the top end of the clothes range. I too sailed through the first week where other people were having trouble, I was just sooo determined to lose the weight. Sadly I took a break from CD around July last year and had a lot of trouble getting back into it. If you hear people on this board talking about the first time being a golden time, believe them and keep going till you are at your goal! Or like me, you will still be here this time next year :p

I also completely get what you mean about facebook, although I have been on it for a couple of years I have only had pictures of me on there in the last couple of months. I have a number of 'facebook friends' that I went to school with and I didn't want them to know how much weight put on!
I also know that before you know it you will be showing your picture all over the place, you are going to be sooo proud of yourself. Trust me, you will :D

Dee xx

Hi Hun
My mum has tried the original porridge and said it was quite nice :D I can't wait to try them both, unlike mum I like cinnamon so will try the other flavour too!! Let us know what you think.
I have that chesty cough too and cannot shake it :( ho hum!!
I shall pm you in a min with my facebook details.
Good luck back at work and keeping to CD remember we're all here if you need us hun xxx

Ooh, I'll let you know when I have tried the porridge. Might have one for dinner :)

And I'll add you to Facebook in a min. Thanks honey xx

Yeah let us know Dee, I can't wait to try them, I usually have it for breakie anyway so it will be nice and warming to have as a meal instead of always a shake etc :) I also read on another thread that the soups are quite thick? I wasn't expecting this, thought they'd be really thin and watery which I hate, so also looking forward to these now. xx

Yeah let us know Dee, I can't wait to try them, I usually have it for breakie anyway so it will be nice and warming to have as a meal instead of always a shake etc :) I also read on another thread that the soups are quite thick? I wasn't expecting this, thought they'd be really thin and watery which I hate, so also looking forward to these now. xx

Ooh, I don't know, it depends how much water you put with them! I make them in a soup bowl (so more than the recomended amount of water I think) and they are like a creamy cuppa soup. I would definitely suggest trying the soups and shakes with different amounts of water until you find what you like. I have seen so many people posting that they don't like this or that, but you should definitely experiement a bit before deciding. I'll let you know what I think of the porridge xx

Hi guys, well I was obviously hungry today, for the next two weeks Im having 2 shakes and one healthy meal a day - back to previous health reasons. Must reintroduce slowly. Im hoping I will still have good losses but prob not as much. Either way im back on the ball.

I just watched Paul McKenna's I can make you think - I am gonna follow his plan to maintain when I've lost on CD, I think it makes sense. Eating only when you are hungry and only until your actually full, whether you finished everything on your plate or not.

Chugging through the water - still have a litre to go. Tomorrow I must finish my 3 litres earlier - cant keep getting up through the night!

BTW Bride SS+ is different to AAM. SS+ is having a small meal every day. AAM is having a small meal for one week every month. I'm sure your CDC will explain everything to you tomorrow. Im excited for you. I have never lost weight as quickly as I did on this one.

Dean- to echo DeeJay it's great that you're finding it easy to Stay on track. I have tried several times to restart.

Sane
Regarding your losses, hey, a loss is a loss - no matter what it may be - but as you say, your back on the ball, thats the main thing!
I know that you say that you have tried several times to re-start - the difference this time is that your part of
glitterfy054822T440D38.gif
so this time you'll be fine and WILL acheive your goals. We all will!

BTW Bride SS+ is different to AAM. SS+ is having a small meal every day. AAM is having a small meal for one week every month. I'm sure your CDC will explain everything to you tomorrow. Im excited for you. I have never lost weight as quickly as I did on this one.

Thanks hun :D I am really excited too. Can't wait. We had an indian for tea tonight, kinda like a last meal but I didn't enjoy it and we only ate like half of it each.....wonder if thats a sign that I am ready for this now and totally sick of food!!

Good luck with your re-start, I am sure you will do well, like Dean says, your with us lot now :D thats all ya need! :hug99:

Hey Sane, you'll still be losing doing CD the way you are, especially with us behind you! Good luck honey.

And Kate, it definitely sounds like you are in the perfect frame of mind for starting a diet! Am looking forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow. Ooh, and the porridge is lovely :p

And for no other reason than I can't stop laughing at this:

:banana dancer:

Love Dee xx

Do you know what I saw that yesterday and giggled, was looking forward to when I would get to use it so I think I will now like you just for the laugh :8855:

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

HAHA night all, speak tomorrow with an update although will probably log in before my meeting too!! xxx

IM HERE:happy036:
sorry guys, didn't realize that we had our own thread till i got Kate's message.
so, i guess i have so post catching up to do...

5 resons to loose:
1. to fit into my wedding dress without needing it altered
2. to feel great on the beach during my wedding week in mexico
3. to have the energy and fitness to really enjot traveling around costa rice on my honeymoon
4. to buy all those clothes i love but look sausagey in
5. to have that wonderful feeling of knowing that i can do anything i set my mind to

meet my CDC tonight so ill let you all know the plan after that, if i can get the hubby to be off the computer :sigh:

good news is, i have lost 5lb so far on atkins! does that count towards the mini challenge?

i need some help with the spreadsheet thingy - do i fill it out just for the mini challenge or is it our tracker for the whole time?

and who do i give my google account info to, and how? my google e-mail is [email protected].
im a bit of a dumbo when it comes to things like that so not sure what i am meant to do...Kate, can you send me instructions?

so now that i know where we are i will be in touch. dont fear team mates - i am well up for the challenges!

lots o love,
rachel

Hi Rachel:bliss:Your here :D YAY!!

Fantastic, great goals, its nice that we have similar goals to aim for too as we will have a good understanding of one anothers needs etc :D

I think as far as I understand the spreadsheet only needs you to fill in the yellow boxes for your starts weight, goal weight and also your start date.

The spreadsheet then fills everything else in for you and the dates for your weigh ins, you then just fill in your losses each week I think......Missyl or anyone else may wanna clarify this or confirm it.....

Missyl, I am meeting my CDC tonight, will try to book to get my first weigh in next Monday although not sure if my CDC will want me to have had one full week on it before WI or not.....so either way I won't have any loss to report on this Friday to you....that okay?

Hope your all okay and enjoying your days!

Hello all - how is everyone feeling today?

I've now added all your emails to the spreadsheet, and no one can view it except us (remember to be signed in)

Chilli - welcome :)
I think the 5lbs should count, regardless of how you lost it (as long as its healthy/safe) - if you lost it this month, then it should be cool.

Regarding the spreadsheet, this should go with you throughout the whole time you do the diet. It helps you keep track easily (its a lot simpler than it looks.)

All you need to fill in is your weight (in lbs), height, and start date. Then every week just update from there by typing in your new weight. The excel sheet does the rest for you

So I'm currently on day 10 SS restart. Doing well so far, not really been hungry thankfully, peeing like a racehorse (lol) but having been getting some back pains which is annoying. (I'm only 24!)

I've lost a total of 10lbs which I'm happy about (first week is always the bigger loss because of the water) Before I've tended to lose an average of 1.5kg a week - but I really want to aim for 2 (but its a lot slower for me now I think)

I also wanna get back into some exercises so it helps toning (I think that might also help the back pains)

Hows everyone else? Are we going to submit our results this week or next? (As some of you guys are gonna start later in the week?)

Well done hun, your doing well so far :) keep it up. Hope the back pains eases soon, do you suffer usually?

I don't think I will have my official WI until next week, like I said in my last post, so if you wanna start next Fri thats fine by me but up to you guys, if it helps starting with all of us rather than some then go for it.....but then me and Rachel have lost some lbs prior to beginning (I've lost 4lbs on my scales) so we could add that in :D

Up to you boss!! ;)

hmm well seeing as you've lost 4lb, no point wasting that ey :) (was that in the last week?)

I've never had back problems, I find that I only have some when on this diet. (sometimes) Need to figure out why

Good luck with your CDC, tell us how it goes ^_^

Ok hun use the 4lb loss I have had since last wed when I started my prep week! :)

Well.....I just got back from my meeting with CDC and I am fully stocked up to start SS this week, my next appt with her is next Tues 5.30pm :) can't wait.

I will edit my details later as about to rush out again now to go to the cinema :D I can't wait to get started, I have a good selection of porridge, soups, shakes and tetras :D let the fun begin.

Spoke to my mum earlier, she is coming to the end of day 3 and hasn't really had an side effects apart from a slight headache this morning, she has enjoyed all the tastes so far of soups and shakes which has pleasantly surprised her so I am hoping I can follow in her footsteps!!

Love to you all, hope your days are going well, speak later xx

Back