Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim Official Thread

Dean,
AMAZING RESULT!!!!! 24lb in two weeks!!:happy096:
jus shows, the diet works! so when we are feeling low,having a hard time with our cravings, we just have to remember our losses. We are all doing so well. We are sure to win the challenge!
keep up the good work team.
xx

Hi everyone
Thanks for your words of support you guys are great :D I know that it is all emotional eating, I am addicted to food and I don't wanna let it get in the way of my success but yesterday was so hard. Your right Rach, I have been working mega loads I have been stressing, worrying about my parents (financial reasons) and seeing them for first time since xmas just a lot to deal with. Plus I always feel emotional about coming home because I miss family and friends SO much!!!

Anyway I do want to stick with it. I have had porridge today so far, got tetra for in a bit and then two others to chose from for later on. We're also going out for a drink with family friends later which will be good as it will kill some of the evening :D

Well done dean on your loss, your really totting up those points for our team and I know your right, I just need to keep thinking about that wedding dress and looking better in it :)

Rach- if the net stays on long enough for me to post this I shall also check my pm's :D thanks honey, your such a love :hug99:

Loads of love to you all xxx

Hi All

Just been looking at the spreadsheet, wow guys! We have all done brilliantly, go us! I definitely think we deserve a little victory dance :party0048:

Kate honey, I'm so sorry to see that you are having a hard time, but really glad that you are able to log on here while you are away. Keep your head up and be strong girl and it will be so worthwhile.

I think the thing to remember is that although a lot of us (myself especially) have an emotional attachement to food that needs to be dealt with, eating is also our nature and something we NEED to do to survive. It's not like breaking a drug addiction where you could go cold turkey and never touch the stuff again. There is always going to be a struggle to some degree on this diet while our bodies adjust and while we break our habits, but I believe that it gets easier over time and once you understand that this is what is happening.

Kate you are doing so so well, make sure you reward yourself for it! Go buy those jeans in the next size down and be prepared for them to be too big soon too:p. And although I completely believe in getting rid of clothes once they get too big, keep at least one pair to remind you how far you have come.

Are you guys all on week three now? The bars are a life saver for me, having something chewy and sweet and easy to carry around helps a lot. Also yesterday I made the most delicious trifle (sort of). I don't use the mix-a-mousse but rather just get gelatine from the supermarket. Its about the same calories-wise and much easier to use. So I made two small bowls of jelly with the gelatine, summer berry water flavouring and red food dye. Then when it had set I mixed it up with a spoon. I added some more gelatine to a chocolate tetra and then poured it into the jelly. It went into all the cracks and set in a kind of marble effect. So delicious and it feels like adding another meal to my day. And I still have the second one waiting for me to eat today, yay!

Any of you getting creative with your CD products?

I hope you are all getting on well and it's so great to see all the results on the graph. Dean - you are doing amazingly! You must be (and thoroughly deserve to be) so proud of yourself.

And on a final note - I just trawled through some old posts to find this. It's something that really struck a chord with me when it was originally posted and I was having a hard time with 'cheating'. It's a really interesting analogy and I thought you guys might think so too.
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/66741-whos-better-person.html

Love to you all
Dee xx

hey guys sorry to do this, but I'm not able to be part of this team anymore. I've been super busy, and I'm trying a new 'weigh a month' thing, so its not really gonna work out with the group.

But you guys are doing great, and you really inspire eachother - so I hope it works out for all of us.

A lot of you are good leaders in yourselves, and its not like I've done much - so I'm sure any of you could easily be a leader.

Anyhoo keep up the great work, I'm still gonna be on this forum - just not weighing myself every week =P

Missy, thanks for everything and good luck, hope it works out for you!
Kate/Dee/Chilli - dont know what you guys want to do here?
Havent heard from Sane for over a week, hope all is ok there - and now Missy has left us.
Do you guys wanna split from the group or are you all happy to continue our quest together?
I am more that happy to carry on, and if you guys are too, lets kick some bum!
Only thing is, a leader, over to one of you, I speak a good game but as far as leading goes, thats not me!
Hope all's well guys, once again, Missy - thanks and good luck!

Hi all. I havent fallen off the face of the earth I have just had a mega busy week. Unfortunately, what with having 2 shakes and a meal my scales say i STS. Think my scales might be messing up as my jeans are a little looser (I think). Not due an official weigh in until next Saturday but I've decided to SS from Monday. Need to shift this weight and i know that SS will mean that im losing whether my scales say so or not! - My only dilemma is that it's my b'day 1st Feb and I had already arranged a meal. Im Hoping that coz I will have been SS for 2 weeks that I can have a small protein based meal and still stay on track.

Missy - Sorry you're going so soon - stay in touch on the forum. Im happy to continue with the group. I still believe that being part of a team will help us all reach our goals.

BTW Bride if you can be strict with SS+ then it might help your mindset. I found it helpful but then I went to a family wedding and meant to stick with small protein based meals and instead I binged and couldnt get back on track til now and that was in August.

Im glad to see how well everyone's been doing. It's very encouraging. We will smash our 1st challenge of losing a stone by valentines day.

A little inspiring mantra for you all

" Nothing tastes as good as being slim"

We are on the way.

Hi all!

Brief post from me- doing okay, thanks for all your words of support, Dee :hug99:

I am happy to go along with the group I don't wanna split it really :( I love you guys. Sorry to see Missy go. How about we advertise so to speak for a new member to replace Missy and then decide amongst us who will replace as leader?

We also by the looks of the last post need to tell Irene what our losses were this week.

I would be leader, but I am working mega long hrs each week and don't always have enough time to dedicate to the forum as I'd like, I am also as easy as it probably is crap with numbers and %'s only confuse me, lol! I know, silly isn't it!!! I guess Dave would help me if I did get a little confuzzled!! ;)

Anyway, I vote Dean for leader, you say your not a leader but I think so far you have shown very good signs of leadership qualities and would be a great guy to show us the way :D:D:D

Speak soon xxxx

Ps, am considering SS+ but will see how I get on this next week. I have my AAM week, a week on tues so may just extend that for 2 weeks as the week after it we're on holiday for 1 week, a walking and riding holiday at that so I will need the extra cal boost I'm sure!! But we shall see, certainly don't wanna give up!!

Last edited:
Ps, have just realised we've missed deadline for this week, oh well, we will have to re-start next week with entering our results :D

Dee thanks for that thread, I am going to have a lookey through it now :)

xxx

Kate
Hi Chick, how ya doing?
Hey, if you feel that SS+ is the one for you and will enable you to achieve your goals, then go for it.
Like I said before, only you can decide whats right for you!
You need to be doing something that will enable you to get to where you want to be in the timespan that you have set.
Saying that, I know that you can do SS, you have a great reason to lose the weight - together as a team, we will get there.
With this in mind, I counter vote for you to be our leader, I think that the little extra responsibility will kick you on to achieve your goals, pulling us along with you!
I think I have the willpower but when it comes to leading, my bottom flaps and I panic!
But having you as leader, I will give every bit of support that I can, and I am sure that the other guys will be the same.
You have had a few small doubts recently, again, I think as leader you will step up to the plate, doubts will disappear, and you WILL lead us on to achieve our targets.
We all need eacthother!
Take care

I vote for Kate too!!!!!
Do we need a new member or are we ok with 5?
I defo dont want to split up. then again, break ups always help me loose weight;)

i say we stay in the group and if Kate is worried about time issues we can have 2 leaders who split the responsabilities fro posting results when the other is too busy.

i vote for kate and dean.
xx

Aww Dean, your comment was so sweet :D really nice and encouraging, thank you. Thanks Rach too for your vote of confidence.

I will be leader if you guys, Dee and Sane are happy with it?!

Dean, I agree that having this responsibility will help me in my own journey.

I'll post a thread asking if anyone wants to join our team as 6th member as you need 6 members for a team!

Love to you all

xxx

Right team- just so you know, I work 2 in 4 weekends (12 hr shifts) and work other weekends on top as I have no choice but to take overtime, so I will need your WI results by Friday as Missy set up and then I will send our details over to Irene H Sat night whether working or not okay with you guys?! :)

You can all pm me via minis, or my googlemail addy or failing that my hotmail addy which is [email protected]

I will try logging in everyday, even if its late on cus a lot of time I finish work 10pm. Even if you guys aren't online then I will post on here and in my own diary and answer any queries.

Hopefully second time round we can hit this thing running and smash our goals!

Are we all still doing the lose 1 stone for valentines day? I think its a great goal and I am doing it. We will have to think of new goals to set after this one, to keep the motivation going and our team spirit up :D

Love to you all once again.

Thanks for being a sh!t hot team!!

Hi Andrea

So long as its okay with the rest of the team then by all means join our group :D

Welcome to CD and to the forum.

All of us are also new to CD apart from Dee, she is our experienced little fairy who always drops by with pearls of wisdom :) we are a mainly all female team with the addition of our lovely bloke Dean :D whom we love muchly!

It would be great if you would stick around and we can share your journey, helping you through the tough times and celebrate the good! :hug99:

Kate xx

Kate, "Dean, who we love muchly"?!? I have seen and heard some expressions in my time, that is right up there! Wicked.
Not too sure about this Andrea caracter, have heard she is abit of a trouble maker...............LOL, only playing, have no probs with Andrea joining our gang!
Thanks for thoses words, I know that you'll do a wicked job for the team and I also know that as leader, it'll inspire you to finish this quest and kick ass in that wedding dress! When you do, I wanna see the pics!
Hope everyone are cool and still kicking butt!
Love ya's
Dean

Hehe, but we do love ya hun :D your our fave blokey :)

We're just about to set off home, should be back by 9pm hopefully knowing Dave's driving anyway!! ;)

I will speak to you all later on.

Doing okay today, 2 weeks on it today :D I have had 2 x porridge and strawberry shake, got one banana tetra for later on which I am saving for the journey.

You guys all okay?

xxx

Hi Guys, I am so glad we all agreed to stick together. I vote for Andrea to join the team. Im also happy for Kate to be team leader. Im sure you'll do a great job. My weight this week will be unofficial as i dont have my first weigh in until saturday - is that ok?

Yeah thats fine hun. I am always using my own scales for WI's anyway as its more accurate as I weigh in the nude ;) so its fine for you to enter your result :)

I am working 3-10pm this fri, so I shall sit down and work numbers out once I get home and pm them on to those in the need to know ready for Sat.....So are you all okay keeping to the Friday WI deadline?

Well we just got home :D thankfully. I am so cold, the house is freezing!! I have had 2 x porridge today and my strawberry shake, decided against the tetra in the end as I didn't feel I needed it :) save it for tomorrow me thinks!

Hope your all okay!

xxx

Kate
I weigh in on a Sat morning, so I guess you want my last Sat result?
If so, it was 10.75lbs.
Hope all is well with everyone, off now to drive around London all day in the Taxi(my god, traffic is a mare all bloody day long, rush hour lasts for 10 hours here). Ah well, us Black Cab Drivers are an institution, should be institutionalised!
Take care peeps, Kate, we didnt give you and enalgerisation, inorgarisation, enoragarisation, oh, one of them things that Obama got yesterday did we!
Sorry, but we do love ya!
See ya's
Dean

Hi Andrea and welcome to the team!!!
I was really bad yesterday. dont know if i told you guys but im american and i was so excited about obama that i had a glass of champagne. then another. then another. skipped 2 shakes and wound up making myself some food. I wasn't too bad with the food, steamed prawns and spinach so at least my drunk brain knew that I had to stay away from fat and carbs. Still i feel sh!t about it. but then again, at least i learned that alcohol is going to be a problem for me cause when i drink, i want to eat.
im hoping it wont affect my WI too much since i have been walking to work every day this week (its a 2 mile walk up hill) so that should make up for it, i hope.
how is everyone else doing?

Back