Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim Official Thread

Afternoon everyone!

Dean your right, thats whats getting me through. I had a little bicker with a friend earlier and I drove home thinking usually I'd stop off and buy some food to gorge on, taking my emotions out on what I eat. But today no, I kept driving, got home saw OH had a lie down for a while and when I woke I felt so much better for not having cheated. I now have 2 meals left for the day, thinking of trying a different soup to planned, maybe the spicy tom or oriental chilli for something with a bit more taste.

Rach- I have messaged you back on your profile. I'm glad your feeling better today and like you say food will still be there in 5 months and we can eat what we like in moderation, but difference will be, we shall be stones lighter :)

I need to go buy me some of those ketostix!!

Hi Team
Just thought I'd report back on my afternoon/evening.
It was my nephews 2nd birthday today so the family gathered round the in-laws for his presents etc.
Then they all decided to have fish n chips, then a couple had kebabs, then another couple had chinese, then another had a curry - must admit, it was hard, but whilst they ate, I sat on the stairs away from them - there was loads of food and loads of different aromas.
Ah well, I got through it - wasnt hungry anyway, I was full up, I took a banana shake with me, lol!!!!
If I can do it guys, we all can, AND WILL!!
Looking forward to my porridge in an hour or so!
Hope everyones well and still on track!
Spk soon team
Dean

well done Dean! I find the smell always the hardest, not hunger - but that lovely smell. Wouldn't it be a great time to get a stuffy nose lol

But you stuck it out mate, yey! We can beat this diet!

Well done Dean really brilliant of you. I had the same dilemma on my first day of SS, I support a lady with a learning disability and she needs support to eat, I fed her both her meals that day and boy was it tempting :( but I got through it and didn't mind too much.

Day 2 complete, got a little headache and my mouth seems to be watering a bit, not sure why. Home from work now though and off to bed soon!!

Hi team,
Just wanted to share - day 3 and i am in proper ketosis!!!! Bright pink on the stick!
no weight loss today though:sigh: (yesterday was 4 pounds off but i didnt get to excited since i know its all water. still felt nice)
I know i shouldn't be weighting myself everyday but i cant help it.
Speaking of which, are we waiting next friday to post results or are we doing it today? if so i will try to :sick0019: and see if i can shed another pound :8855:

Dean, that was amazing. I dont know if i could have coped. I told the H2B that he is off chinese and indian till i can eat real food, as you said missy, i just couldn't deal with the smells. its bad enough that i work in a restaurant, home is the only place i can get away from food.

last night i had the strongest craving for a baby bel. My mind kpt saying "go on, have one, it wont knock you out of ketosis" but my will power won :copon:
Spoke to my man about it and he said it was probably down to habit, having snacks at night, and i think he is right. so no cheating, even if it wont affect my weight cause the point of doing this is to break those habits that got me here in the first place.
hope everyone is doing well today. let us celebrate that we have finished one more day and started a new one!
GO TEAM!!!!

Well done Rach, I felt a little the same last night because of a lady at work talking about food (see my blog for yesterday) I came home thinking of food more than I had since I began which didn't help but I won :) I got a self help book the other day about emotional eating and plan on reading through it during my time on abstainence, hoping it will then help me once I start up the steps :D

I've decided not to go to the gym this week, but I am going dog walking, thought it won't push me too much although I'm not feeling tired or anything.

Missyl I have edited my spreadsheet in case your taking results today, as I am working until late tonight :(

Since a week ago Wed I have lost 9lbs :D very happy! Since tues alone I've gone from 18.1 to 17.9 feel very happy :bliss:

So onto Day 3- not feeling hungry or headachey as yet, so hope the days remains that way. I am going to buy some ketostix from boots later although I have ordered 50 off that website, but wanna no if I'm in Ketosis now!! :8855:

Hope your all okay and have a good day.

Dee- I know you will have been busy last few nights, but hope your okay and staying strong honey. Speak soon!

Keep going team!! :grouphugg:

I think its best we do it next friday to get everyone sorted, but you'll have to send me the results morning/afternoon or early evening - because I'm going away for the weekend so won't be online later than that.

Hi guys
Hope all's well with everyone!
Thanks for the comments on last nights "grub fest", really appreciate it.
Chilli - well done on beating your cravings - it has to be a mind over matter thing - you did it though and thats a massive plus!
Missy - hope your well, and still going strong. In your last post, you said about us sending outr results to you, is this by way of the chart that you designed or do we send seperate? Sorry for being a div!!!
Kate - how's the head today, better I hope.Well done on the 9lbs, thats brill - you keep it going chick!
Sane/Dee, hope all's well guys and that your still kicking on and doing well.

1st weigh in tomorrow am, and cant wait - will update once I get back.
All the best guys, spk soon.
Dean x

hey bigfella, all results need to be sent to me on fridays (not today/this week tho) - just pm me on here. The excel sheet is for you to fill out and keep track, you can base it on your own dates of start/weigh-ins etc..

I just tried the plain porridge for the first time (with a sweetner tablet melted in the water), it was really yummy :) Tho somewhat moreish, I wanted another ^_^

Missy
Thanks, will pm you!
I am quite sure that if it wasnt for the porridge, I wouldnt be on cambridge - it makes such a nice change!
I cant do the soup, just cant get to grips with it, so its nice to eat something hot that I enjoy.
Cheers Missy
Take care

I think its best we do it next friday to get everyone sorted, but you'll have to send me the results morning/afternoon or early evening - because I'm going away for the weekend so won't be online later than that.

I may have to send mine on the thurs to you as we're going home the fri so won't have online access all day/night, but I will get them too you Missy!

I'm glad its nearly bedtime, feeding my client tonight was hell, I just wanted to tuck into her dinner :sigh::cry:even though I knew I didn't need it or really want it. I need to just keep thinking of why I am doing this, its just at some points today I have thought can I really do this!? Is this not madness. But then I think 9lbs lost in 1.5 week....woo hoo!! I have to carry on, its only day 3 and even though I'm officially in ketosis, I still need to give it a few more days before I'll properly be in the swing of things!!

Dean, like you, so far I can't get to grips with the soups either :( and I really love soup normally. They just taste too strong of the nutrients for me!

I like the shakes etc but find them a bit bitty...but thats prob my lack of skill in making them.

Can't wait to start eating the bars!

Hope your all well and enjoy your weekend! 2 x 13 hr shifts for me :8855: woop woop!!! NOT!!

Kate,
you are crazy, lack of food must be getting to your head, OF COURSE YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
Not only can you do this, but you will do this. If not for yourself, then for me :D, i need all the help i can get and i dont know what i would do without my bride-to-be buddy:girlpower:
I have been adding lots of spices to my soups, but i love spicy food and if you put enough chilli flakes into anything its all you can taste. only one that i have really liked is the oriental chilli. brocoli cheese and tattie leek are not that great. we shall see what tomorrow brings.
Hope everyone is well and on track.
Dee and Sane - where are ya? Hope your having an easy time of it. Pop in and let us know how your getting on.
xx

LOL sorry babe. I will stay strong. I am trying. I just find it so hard at work, food is all around me and I can hear it calling my name! I started reading my self help book in a bid to stop myself but my head is a little achey so I didn't get very far. But your right, we have one another and our team :talk017: and us brides to be need to stick together!! :girlpower:

I will try watering down my next soup a bit more and adding some pepper etc :)

Do you know if we can have peppermint tea? I just fancy some. Dave bought me some calorie free sweeteners earlier should I need them. Must remember to take them with me!

I tried freezing my banana tetra today, it didn't freeze properly more like a slush puppy, but it was different and quite nice I guess. It took me longer to eat at least!

any leaf tea is fine, including peppermint. you just cant have anything made with fruit or flowers. I have been drinking peppermint at night and green tea during the day. Also drinking vanilla red bush tea. I know the red bush part is ok but not sure about the vanilla. it has natural vanilla extract, no sugar, so im assuming i can have it but will check with CDC when i see her on monday. not having much of it though, just one a day.
I know what you mean, food is all around me at work too, I am a manger in the restaurant and cafe at John Lewis. I have to see and smell both breakfast and dinner. its hard but the good thing is that i have told everyone at work I am doing this diet so I cant cheat out of pride, wouldn't want them to see me cheat.
Can you do the same at your work?

Yeah, I have told the girls I work with about it and they are being supportive. The thing is because lady I support needs assistance in eating, I'm sat there feeding her all these delicious meals which I would ordinarily eat too :( its hard but I just keep thinking of the goal and if 9lbs is gone after only 1 week then what will the total be after 1 month :D We go on holiday the first week of feb, a walking holiday and I really would love to buy some new walking clothes in a size smaller or at least feel comfy in whatever size I do buy :) so I'm using that as something to aim for too!

I might get some more teas then, they'll be a nice change to have every now and then :D

Hi Guys
Just been to see my cdc and I've lost 13lbs, woo hoo!!!!!
Am happy with that, this is what makes this all worth while!
Just got some of those apple/cinamon porridge, so will give one of them a try later and report back.
Thanks team for the continued support - damn it helps!
Spk soon guys "KEEEEEEP LOOOOOSING"

Back