Team 30 **The Meltaways**

oooh what grotty horrible weather we're having today.

Sorry to hear the bars aren't working for you Lisa. Myabe having one as a treat once a week will work.

Have a lovely holiday Claire, enjoy yourself!!

Had a realy struggle day yesterday, just wanted to eat constantly. I ended up having a little tuna in the evening which I don't think is too bad really when I actually wanted a KFC.

The weirdest thing is I have craved KFC since starting this diet and yet I've only ever eaten 2 KFC meals in my entire life! I don't get why of everything I have eaten in my life its that I'm craving for.

Strange!

Hi girls. Hope everyone's doing okay in the horrible weather..

Had my first weigh in tonight, I only lost 2lbs. It's better than nothing but me and my CDC were both really surprised especially as I haven't gone off plan at all aside from 1 Diet Coke.

As I'm 5'8" I've now been told I have to strictly eat 4 portions a day (the cost!!!) and maybe cut down my water to 3 litres (I was drinking up to 4 litres).

It is TOTM and I have been feeling bloated the last couple of days so hopefully it'll drop off by the next time I get weighed which is 10th August as my CDC is on holiday.

Trying to not get demotivated and am determined to still lose a stone before 21st August, by hook or by crook!

Hope everyone else is doing okay :)

Dont worry, its going the right way, if you have been 100% you will have lost more fat but are probs retaining fluid. Im sure you have fab losses over the coming weeks.

Did your CD tell you, you have to have 4 a day? My boyfriend was a stone and a half over his slimming world target so he did CD for a 2 and a half weeks as he wanted quick results. He only had 3 shakes a day and had amazing! losses (week1,-15lbs, week 2, -4lb) , he's 6ft tall. He didnt want to pay for 4 a day, as you say, its quite a bit more a week. She said he should be having 4 a day but said to see how he felt.

Please dont be disheartened, this is a fab plan and in sure you will lose a stone by 21st Aug. :hug99:

Should have been weighed today but my counsellor is away so I'm putting myself as STS. My scales at home weigh me different depending on where they're situated in the kitched lol.

Hope everyone is well xxx

Thanks Becky, I got really disheartened last night so it was good to read your message.

Yeah my CDC said I should definitely do 4 a day. The cost is so much more and I really don't feel like I need to eat 4, I'm not hungry for another one. I'll see over this next couple of weeks. It just seems like something they say to sell more packs. I might ask on the main board.

I'm going to go for a long walk this weekend to get everything moving. I'm joining a martial arts class in September with a friend who's away for August so I suppose I better do a bit of training for that anyway!

Would it be anything to do with my metobolism slowing after stopping drinking caffeine or is that just my crazy science?

Hi Katie,

I wouldn't worry about a small weight loss either. Although it's nice to have a good first week, that's mainly just water that people are losing. You're probably just hanging on to your water - especially with TOTM. Also, the body can slow its metabolism down as a response to thinking you're in starvation mode. This might be why your CDC suggested 4 packs? I'm 5'8" too and have been given four packs but, like you, don't really feel the need to eat that many (unless they're bars, oops :ashamed0005:). I was chatting to a lady at work who lost 6 stone this year (!) and she said that she did SS+ with the milk allowance (3 packs plus 200ml skimmed milk) and it didn't affect her weight loss at all. So I've now started doing that and it seems to be working really well. I whip up the milk to make a cappuccino and its a real treat, plus I think the extra calories have stopped my body going into low metabolism/starvation mode (I'm guessing this by the fact I don't have to wear four jumpers any more!). Also, then you're only having three packs so the cost is better. Simples!

Rhiana - my scales are exactly the same! If I lean one way or the other, I can make a difference of about five pounds....

Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday. I'm getting increasingly stressed as now having problems with estate agent dealing with the house I want to rent. They want four references (not friends or family), reference from previous landlord, letter from bank stating I can afford to pay, contact with my department at work to confirm I work there (even though I'm not rotating there until next week), FULL bank details, National insurance number, salary, tax code and the rights to my first born child*. I'm not happy with giving all that information given that I'm also paying for a credit check. Grr. Am on the case and also preparing for a busy afternoon at work. Ah well.

Lisa xx

* That last one has not been confirmed... :)

Jees Lisa, tha sounds like a bit of a hastle. I hope you manage to get everything sorted. Four references! Id have no chance as ive never really lived anywhere else.

Thats a really good idea just adding the milk in, as an extra 7 packs takes the cost up to £52, thats without anything like mousse mix, water flavourings or bars. I think either way if you have 3 or 4, with or without milk you will lose weight, your body cant live off of that many calories a day. Let us know how you get on.

The exercise will help a great deal and also help you when you get to target. I seriously need to do some more exercise. I remember going to Karate once, they did circuit training before the class, its definately a good workout. What type of Martial Arts will you be doing?

My scales at home are spot on, They are the glass weight watchers ones. They are the same as my CD's. I try not to weigh myself too much as it can become a bit obsessive!lol!

I hope everyone is having a good day, im off to do some gardening (if the weather stays fair)! x

Last edited:
Rhiana,

Just wanted to say well done for staying the same weight! When is your official WI? Maybe those scales will show a loss - and reward you for resisting the KFC.... :)

Lisa xx

I might know why you are craving KFC's, there are so many adverts on the TV at the moment.

Im really craving one too, I do like KFC though! I wont do it dont worry!lol!

I am really thinking about food a lot at the moment though. Im not sure why. I really want stuff but luckily I have the motivation at the moment to resist. I hope this feeling goes soon, its enough to drive you crazy. x

Thanks Lisa, my official weigh in are wednesdays, skipped this week so my next proper one will be next wednesday.

So not looking forward to next week, have had to rush an assignment so expecting a fail or scrape through mark for that and am giving evidence in court on tuesday so crappy week for me to come :(

Becky you could be right about the adverts, I pass a billboard everyday which has a KFC banner on it at the moment so it's probably that

xxx

Rhiana,

I'm sure that the assignment mark won't be as bad as you think! Some of my best marks were from last minute rush jobs. Hope that the evidence thing isn't too stressful too. Xx

Hope everyone has a fun weekend, whatever you're up to! I'm moving half my stuff up to my parents in preparation for moving next week (sorted things out with the estate agents). I think on Monday I'm going to buy a couple or maybe three weeks worth of CD as not sure when I'll be able to meet a new CDC and don't want any excuse to cheat!

Lisa xx

Becky,

I'm the same as you with thinking about food a lot too! Not sure why either. I ended up having some tuna last night as was just really wanting something other than CD. I think it's because I was in the 'Friday' mode and so my body/mind was expecting some kind of naughty treat. Took all my motivation to not pop into the WHSmiths we have on the way to the carpark, I actually went a longer way so I wouldn't have to directly walk past! So sad!

I hope everything goes OK for you giving evidence. It mustnt be an easy thing to do. As Lisa said sometimes its hard to judge how you have done on essays. Im the same too, sometimes I get better marks when I have left it until later on. Sometimes I think the pressure helps, in a strange way.

Well done lisa for just having the tuna and avoiding the shops. Im stll craving foods, but keep thinking to myself just a little longer, keep it up.

Well I went for my weigh in and I lost 2lb. Thats a good loss but we always hope for more.lol! I cant wait to get down into the next stone barrier, only 6lb. It could be two weeks! Im going to try my hardest and keep drinking lots of water.

I am so cold today! What miserable weather, its no fun being off Uni when the weather is so crap. Anyhow, im off to work tonight. Is anyone else doing anythig nice. xx

Morning everyone! No news from me really, still sticking to CD 100% so that's all I can ask for aside from a nice weight loss of course : )

I'm not getting weighed until the 10th, it's a bit frustrating really as I'd like to know how I'm getting on.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend. Good luck with the move Lise!

Hi Eveyone.

Firstly please let me apologise for not being online at all :eek:

I have decided that CD is really not for me after all so I have rejoined Slimming World.

I haven't read back but I hope you have already replaced me and wasn't keeping the spot open in case I came back :eek:

I think I am the only person who has actually gained weight whilst trying to do to the CD, I was doing great for days and then I would binge and so on and so on..........so I have come to the conclusion that I can either continue doing what I am doing (putting on weight in a rather expensive way lol) or I could go at a snails pace and at least start losing again and feeling less deprived.

Oh I wish I was a strong as you girls, who are doing great by the way!

I was very tempted by the amazing losses but jeez, I just can't hack it!!!

Anyway I'm heading off to the SW boards now but thanks for having me and good luck, I will be green with envy when you all hit your target a year before me!! :D

Mrs H
x

Hiya Mrs Heffalump,

Of course we never replaced you, Im not sure how it works but think you have to let Rhiana know if you are leaving(or on here, of course)lol!. I just assumed you were busy etc..

I am sorry we are losing you, but hope you do well on slimming world. You can get fab results on this diet but I do feel you have to be in the right frame of mind to suceed. As you say its better to be losing something. I will be going back to slimming world at some point. So I might see you over in that section at some point. Be sure to pop in and let usknow how you are doing.

Good Luck

Becky. x

Hi Mrs H,

Sorry to hear that CD didn't work out for you. Some diets just suit people differently, it's just finding the right one for you! Best of luck with SW though and, like Becky said, please let us know how you're doing.

Hope everyone else is doing OK, well done Becky for your 2Ib loss! :bliss:

Lisa xx

Thanks Lisa, I am hoping for a biggie next week, I have even started the dreaded exercise. eeek!

Well done Claire on sticking in there. Im sure you will see great results as you are being so good.

I like to get weighed each week, if I have to wait two weeks it kills me. I think that the weigh in keeps me motivated in the short term. Im sure the 10th will come around soon enough, I bet you have a massive loss!

I dont know whats wrong with me today, im at work and am freezing, my hands and nose are so so cold. For once the sun is shining too.

I have been told by my CD I can basically do whichever plan I want to now (up to the 1000kcals), which surprised me, but im trying not to have a meal too often. This week not at all unless I have serious cravings. The last couple of weeks I have had two meals a week (the so called green and white meal). Has been such a treat and has helped to keep me sane without cheating.

How is everyone else feeling? I never had cravings this bad in the first 6 weeks.lol! Im glad my will power is sticking in there. x

Hi girls,

sorry I've kinda abandoned you the last few days loads going on and hubby decided to password our internet so that even we couldn't get online lol :rolleyes:

Well done Lisa this weeks biggest loser xx

Thanks for all your good wishes, I'm dreading giving evidence and I'm literally shaking.

The assignment I've decided I'm nto too bothered about just need to pass it hopefully the 40% pass rate is low enough for me.

Been a good girl this weekend stuck to the plan and even noticed my tummy shrinking just over the weekend.

Sorry to hear you're leaving us Mrs Heffalump, good luck with your weightloss journey, please let us know how you're getting on.

Well done to everyone on your losses this week. Here's to another good week!!

xxx

oh my god my typing is terrible!!

Back