Team 4 is no more :-(

Morning Team 4, Happy Bank holiday! Hope all is well. I weighed in this morning and had gone back up a pound! I think it might be that i haven't been drinking enough water, so will try and up that today. But still it was a 8lb loss, so that's a good start (11% of my target so far!!). Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off for a bit of retail therapy and maybe go see a film xx

Hi everyone,

Oh how I love bank holidays! Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong! Looks like I am having a better week weight wise :D

Juju, if you do go to watch a film, let us know what you watched. Not sure what's out at the mo.

Well, have a good day everyone x

Hey guys

Had a bit of a blip yesterday, not OTT but a blip all the same, back on track this morning though, 2 litres and a soup down already.

Think blip came as a result of some news I've received. Just completed training as a nurse a month ago and was supposed to start job today, however, due to the fact I'm still waiting on my registration the unit have said no start until it comes through, which isn't till end October. Unfortunately, having a family and no bursary etc... this makes things difficult and I'm having to choose between this job and another I've applied for. Difficulty being, job I've got is in a more professional ward and will be easier to move on from if not right for me, other job I've worked in and love the people and the work, but it isn't as professional and may cause difficulties if I decide to move. Can I afford to wait another 2 months to start, 3 months for pay - will be at expense of CD and some other things.

Sorry for the long post, as you see I've been pondering way to long, still made no decision, at least if I can stick with CD just now I'll feel like I'm winning.

Hope everyone else is well, JuJu well done on the 8lbs, fab loss hun.

Hey mini - you poor thing, what an awful position to be in. Don't worry about your blip - it was just that, one day blip. Well done for getting back on it again.

I hope you manage to make the right decision for you x

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear about your tough decision mini. Good luck whatever you decide. :eek:

I'm back on SS today after a weekend of eating etc so wish me luck! Gotta get glugging now :tear_drop:

Hope everyone had a fab weekend.

Morning everyone, sorry about your job mini, what a dilemma. Life is not fair sometimes, I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason though so hang in there; sure it'll all sort itself out.

I was bad this weekend, I think it was because I knew I was started CD tomorrow!!! although I did do a 9.5 mile walk on Saturday (legs are still aching!)...

Wish me luck, my CDC appt tonight to pick up my stuff, will have my official start weight then.

Han - Good luck for CDC appt! I've offered a few teamly words of wisdom on your other thread! lol! What's the diff between w8 and CD then?

I've been good so far today:

choc tetra
1 litre of water (plan on having two more when i get home)
1 coke zero can (naughty me!)

Am starting to feel hungry now and my tummy is rumbling! Wanna go home from work!!

Hope everyone else is good?

Hey hun, saw that thanks so much. I've been on the regular plan with W8 where you have 4 shakes/soups a day and a green/white meal at night. Trouble is lack of counsellors I didn't have a local one had to drive 30 mins to pick up stuff but found my CDC is based in the same building at work so that's a lot easier! and I need the weekly weigh in to keep me on the straight and narrow, fear of getting my bum kicked!!! ha ha ...

W8 is £49 a week as well, so more expensive!

Forgot to say, I also want to try SS to enable me to break the habit of eating .... I feel like if I eliminate food it'll help me get stronger? if that makes sense!

Sure does! The only thing i will say to watch out for is developing a 'fear' of food! It sounds stupid but a lot of people get scared to eat and scared to come off diet at all! (I was the first time round!) But SS'ing really does work! It's tough but it gets results!

I'd never heard of w8 before really, now i know!

Hey team, i've just read Bev's post and she's leaving CD :cry:(good luck Bev if you're reading this!).

So, we need a new member! I'll start a new thread (hope that's ok with everyone!)

Aww Bev, good luck with your journey. I hope we can find a new team member - I am sure someone will step up. Thanks Loz for putting out a request :D

Hey guys, I'm so sorry, I come with bad news also. I have made my decision re job and I am taking the job which I'll start at the end of October. One of the first things I have to sacrifice is CD. I thought I had a months worth of stuff, but approx 2 weeks worth of stuff is out of date, so I have binned it, I have therefore decided to start with Scottish Slimmers plan immediately, so I don't have time to binge eat.

I'm happy to stay in the CD challenge this week as I done CD until end of yesterday, so should still have a loss on Thursday, however, should you manage to find someone to take my place before then I'll duly step down.

Like Bev, I'll be rooting for Team 4 and am gutted that just as I felt it was coming together, that something else got in my way.

Hanloe, hope CD is the right plan for you.
Loz stick with it, you know it works.
Bunny - not long til your hols, hope weigh in tomorrow goes well.
Bev - looks like I'm in same boat as you now hun.

Go Team 4, :bliss::bliss:thats me and bev cheering for you.

Aww Minime, totally understand. Good luck with scottish slimmers - what sort of diet is that?

I am going to need someone to do the calculations for me next Thursday (4th Sept) as I will be in Turkey - any volunteers? xx

Scottish Slimmers is really just healthy eating. You get so many checks per day depending on your weight, each check is = 25 calories. Got plenty of meal ideas in book or you can pick and choose. Picked this diet over WW as I find it easier to tailor to family meals. I'm going to start a daily menu post in the Scottish Slimmers area which is under General Slimming Clubs (I think), so hopefully that will keep me on track.

If your struggling for someone to do the weights for next thursday I'd be happy to help if no other team members volunteer.

Aww well good luck with it, I am sure you will be ok x

Thanks, that's really kind to offer if noone else does I will definitely take you up on the offer xx

Aw no :cry:Good luck with the scottish slimmers mini! Let us know how you get on!

I'm happy to do the maths if you like? May need some help from Leah but i'll oblige!

Wannabeskinny has PM'd me about being in the team, that ok with everyone?

That means one space left still though!

Last edited:
Oh no mini, but as you say you have to look after no 1 and find a plan that works, so very very good luck for it!!!!!

I'm doing ok so far, although very early days as yet obviously.

Back