:: TEAM MICASA SUCASA AUGUST CHALLENGE ^^. (everyone welcome) ::

Weighed myself this morning, so my starting weight for this month is 14st 6lbs.
Good luck everyone :)
xx

Weighed myself this morning and my starting weight is 254lbs. So hoping for -12 this month! fingers crossed!

good luck everyone!

xxxx

well im gunna go for 7lbs again!! Its realistic for me s mine doesnt come off as fast as alot! But i am V happy with 7lbs a month!

xxx

August start weight : 16 stone + 9 +3/4 lbs.
End of August Goal : 15 stone 13 + 3/4lbs. (or less)
Desired Loss : 10 lbs. or more.

:) goodluck everyone =D..

Lets get this show on the road..

nice to see a few oldies back , i mean old regulars not old as in age before anyone shouts at me lol..

x

OK I pretty much blew the July challenge with my holiday and not doing great the week before it.

So I'm making an extra effort for August.

Put me down for 10lbs please.

Piink, how often do you weigh? weekly or monthly? xx

Weekly on my scales , but i never update stats until have my monthly doctors appointments.. my scales are digital and weigh me 4-7lbs heavier then doctors .. although on mine i can still see the amount lost so its okay..

I'm aiming for a slow but sure 5lbs to take me back to 16 stone something - the lower the something the better!

Vanda

Right, if anyone's noticed I've changed my start weight! Not cheating.....I'll explain:

On my scales in the house I was 18 stone 6lb so 258lbs starting Xenical

On the doctors scales I was 18 stone 2lb so 254lbs starting Xenical

SO when I joined this site I used the doctors weight, BUT then I realised I'm gonna use MY scales more often than the doctors because I don't go bk to be weighed there until 12 weeks in, so I have changed my starting weight to use my scales instead!

And that's the scales I'll be using for this challenge! So my starting weight for August Challenge is 258lbs! And I hope to lose 12lbs, taking me to just under 17 1/2 stone!

good luck with your August challenges girlies (and guys)
xxxx

Well....I'm feeling a bit disheartened today :sigh: ,
*stood on the scales in the bathroom and I'd lost 4lb (6 days in, WI Wed)
*went bk up 2 hours later and stood on them and i'd lost 1lb!

*brought the scales downstairs and weighed in the kitchen and i'd gained 3lbs!
*weighed in the living room and i'd lost 4lb again!

Really wanna go with the 4lb loss but dont want it if its not real :(

Feeling disheartened coz how am i ever gonna know if its working if it fluctuates by this much?? i don't even know how much i really weigh! it's *****!

think i'm gonna just have to do what i said and weigh every fortnight on the one @ boots, at least that scale will be in the same place every time, (my mum reckons the fluctuations are to do with uneven flooring in our house, and to just put the scales in one place, weigh from there and dont move it each week....) don't think i can wait til wed to go to boots tho and then have to wait til NEXT wed to see if im loosing ne??
dilemmas dilemmas! i just wanna know if i AM loosing so that I can be motivated and spurred on! all soooo confuzzling :confused:

Does anyone else's scales fluctuate this much?

They ARE digital scales that i have at home and i've heard some people moan about digital, i thought those were best??

I'm just gonna have to go to Boots tonight, get a starting weight and then start from here aren't i?
Sorry to interrupt the "challenge post" but I thought if I posted this on this thread I may get some useful replies....

really depressed and loosing heart......

No 2 scales weigh the same, and depending on the surface the scales are on, the same scale will weigh the same person differently depending on the surface. My scales weigh me 3lb heavier when they are on the carpet in the living room, 1 lb lighter on the hall floor ( lino), so I stick to the reading in the bathroom ( carpet tiles). It doesn't matter if they're digital or not, they will never weigh the same. Also if you weigh yourself all the time, then you are potentially setting yourself up to sabotage your weight loss. I know its hard, and the majority of us are very guilty of it, but STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALES. Really try to stick to once a week, same time of day, same clothes and you will honestly get a true reading of your weight loss. I know it's hard, I'm the worlds worst for *just popping on the scales*:rolleyes:, but we honestly do ourselves no favours by doing so.
Hang in there hun
xxx

thanks hun, i think the best thing for me is to go and use the boots ones tonight, then stick to them, coz i wont be able to use them all the time then so will only be able to weigh once a week xx

Right! I've got a plan! gonna weigh in a different Boots, one that's about a 10-15min drive from my house tonight, as I think I'm getting a bit obsessed with this weighing lark! that way i'll be using the same set of scales every time i weigh, but the place isnt close enough to just pop to all the time! gonna banish the home scales to the attic and just use their's every Monday night, or every other Monday depending on how I'm feeling!

Right....my digital scales say i'm now 18 stone 5lb, lets see what Boots' scales say! lol!

gonna weigh same time each time and wearing same clothes! let's see some weight loss please!

let you know how i get on!
xxxx

Sorry, Piink! I've well and truly hijacked this post! Just gonna quickly let you all know what happened....

RIGHT.....SO i've been to Boots and weighed and i'm .... (drum roll please....) a hefty 18 stone 3lbs by Boots Scale!

So if i take all the scales into consideration:

*I've put a lb on from the doctors WI! :cry:

*but lost 5lbs from my home scales first WI! :0clapper:

my OH generously suggested that its prob the doctors weighing me less than i am, so just go by Boots from now on (once every week-he's being strict about that! lol!) and if in 12 weeks when i go bk, i've lost say 12lbs by boots scales then hopefully with their's weighing me lighter i'll have lost same AMOUNT of weight but doc's scales will weigh me as less?? makes sense in my otherwise senseless weighing existance!

SO gonna keep going to Boots every week (every fortnight if i can manage to stop myself going every week!) and i'm gonna keep the printouts in a scrap book with my before photos.....gonna take photos every month in my (gasp!) swimming costume!

hopefully will see a considerable difference in 12 weeks when i return to the doctor! (OH thinks keeping the printouts will be good to show the doctor too, incase any discrepencies on their scales!)

ne way, def last post about what scales i'm using/whats my real weight and so on!!

sorry for boring you all!
Good luck with the August challenge! bet we'll all do fab!!

WARNING WARNING!! SERIAL WEIGHER ALEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAH

xxx

Had my weigh in this morning and have lost the 6lbs I put on whilst on my hols so am very happy about that!! That leaves me only another 4 (I think I said I wanted a 10lb loss this month) for August), not many that really so think I'm going to up my target to 14, so a stone off in August, leaving me 8lbs to lose before the end of the month... Good luck everyone, onwards and downwards!! :p

Back