ProPoints Ten stone here I come :)

Going out for another big walk tonight :D
Have barely eaten anything today, am dying for a nice dinner!!

30/1/12

Pretty happy with today, I skipped lunch so had a lot of points left after dinner!

Two poached eggs (4) two slices of brown bread (4) low fat butter (1) grilled tomato (0)

pack of velvet crunch (2)
diet energy drink (0)

one pickle (0) :rolleyes:
diet cola (0)

Tesco light choices tikka masala (10) I took away one point because I didn't finish it!

One slice of brown bread (2) with low fat butter (1) and one cheese slice infused with herbs, chili and garlic (2) this was amazing! love those cheese slices they taste yum! :eatdrink012:
Chocolate spiral bar (3)

TOTAL: 29/29
no more weeklies used :innocent0002:

Skipped breakfast today because it was the day of the interview and I was too nervous! Good news is- I got the job!!!!! :D:D:D:D They sell really nice dresses so might inspire me to keep at my diet so I can show off my new clothes :):p

31/1/12

Two slices of brown bread (4) low fat butter (1) two cheese slices (4)

Velvet crunch crisps (2)
Diet energy drink (0)

Three meatballs in tomato pasta sauce (10??)
Cous cous (5)

Small glass of white wine (3)

TOTAL: 29/29

Bye bye January! Feb should be a good month :) Another big, fast walk with my Mam today feeling really refreshed!

well done chick xxx

Wow-Well done on job hon. Congrats. Ah ya-it will be great motivation for u! :)
Diary looking great! Yum!
Was looking at those cheese slices with flavours in tesco last week and never picked them up but 2 pp is really good... must get me some of those. Being very very strict for nxt few days tho cos ive totally pulled p**s last few days but when im allowing myself nice things again-def! :) xx

Thanks guys! Feb will be a great month!! Yeah the cheese slices were amazing I got them in Aldi :D

Anyone have advice on the post about my OH? :confused: Still a big problem..

hey hon. sorry i didnt respond to that but im single at the moment and in fairness my last boyfriend ate healthier than i did...
But..... When he gets motivated and goes to gym or eats well for a day or two... does he ever say why he doesnt keep goin? in fairness, it is hard to get into the way of eating well and dieting. Im finding it hard to get rid of cravings again (they come back so quickly) so unfortunately unless he wants to do it you'll find it hard to get him there bcos he needs to want to ignore the cravings.
You could certainly say that you would like some support and that him choosing the worst thing on menu doesnt help you and getting chocolate after a meal doesnt help you and see what he says. It may just get him thinking about the choices hes making with snacks and choices in meals out.
Again were so used to this (not saying were experts), that maybe he needs a subtle nudge to choosing healthier options without feeling he has to live on salads.
He may think that its all boring food, salad, fruit, veg (though he prob doesnt if hes looking at your days), and men freak out at the thought of this. If he did go down the line of following WW he would be on high points and would still be able to eat loads...

So... would he walk with you? or do some other activity together (not that!! ;) ) - hikin, sport that he would enjoy.
Does he cook with you-if he saw what he could have and how easy it is then maybe hed get into it..... And a healthy meal-you could have 1/3 and hed have 2/3 and feel like hes still eating more.....
And then maybe ye could get some nice healthier sweet treat / cake recipes and make them. and maybe have low pp crisps and popcorn in the house also. Have them in the house and he may choose them rather than goin to shop...

I also do feel that you should let your family know that its not your responsibility to change his diet. It may be putting more pressure on you which you dont need. Im sure they mean well but still......

Last edited:
Thanks a million for your reply! It's really helpful! I think some of the main reasons he stops are he doesn't really seem to realize whats healthy and whats not..he would think a big bowl of pasta salad and coleslaw etc would have barely any calories coz it's "salad". He just cen't seem to resist when he fancies something, and his portion sizes are HUGE. He's afraid of not being full, like when I make a healthy dinner for us he's like..is that gonna be enough for the two of us...

I don't think he's good at moderation and he gets fed up of "trying to be good" so fast....

I really wish he would do something like WW but I don't think he'd be able to. I was trying to convince him to start a food diary before (so he would realize how much he was eating, like 10 biscuits instead of one or two) but it just didn't work because he'd see a piece of bread or one biscuit or something as irrelevant he doesn't realize they all add up!

Ok, rant over!! :eek:

01/02/2012

Two slices of honey and spelt bread (4) with light cream cheese (2)

Another two slices of bread (4) with more cream cheese (2) need to do the shopping in my apartment!!

Aero mousse (3)
diet drink (0)

Pasta (6) with WW garlic and tomato pasta sauce (2) small bit of chicken (2) and Parmesan (3)

chocolate spiral bar (3)

TOTAL: 31/29
2 points over
29/49 weeklies used so far

another big walk! The cold nearly killed me!!!

I'm actually excited to weigh myself tomorrow! And change my ticker :D:D:D I had a few secret weigh ins during the week (I know!!) and I'm definitely less than the 11 stone 10 pounds I was last week.
Training for new job starts tomorrow. It's on all day Friday and Sat which is gonna be loooong. It's basically just two full days of work but they call it training! And I'm not even sure if I get paid for it, fingers crossed that I do!
I hate starting new jobs, I like going to work when I know everyone and I'm completely comfortable. There's nothing worse than being a stranger and not having a clue what your doing! Hopefully I'll have settled in by this day next week.
Gonna try and stick to my dailies today even though I have a good few weeklies left coz I don't wanna ruin my weigh in tomorrow morning!!:angel09:

well done lovely xxx

well done lovely xxx

Thanks!!

So today wasn't too bad (I hope!)

02/02/12

Two slices of brown bread (4) low fat butter (1) cherry tomatoes (0) sprinkle of low fat cheese (1) two thin slices of salami (2)

Four multigrain crackers (2) with a tablespoon of light mayo (1) slice of chicken (1) reduced fat cheddar (2)
diet drink (0)

WW chicken curry (8) with steamed mixed veg (0)

3 small glasses of white wine (9)

TOTAL: 31/29
two points over
31/49 weeklies used altogether

New week starts tomorrow! Glad I didn't use all my weeklies! I'll report back tomorrow eve with my new weight, have to have lunch in the shopping centre tomorrow though :/ hope I can find something that isn't really high in points!!

So weighed myself Friday morning and I was 11 stone 7 :) so down 3 pounds from last week. My daily points have gone down to 28 according to my calculator!! I'm kinda sad about that :cry:

I was very bold Friday and Sat after my training for work..I won't go into the gorey details but takeaway, alcohol and chocolate was involved.
Anyway back today and went for an hour long fast walk. Gonna bring lunch with me to my first day of work tomorrow so I behave! Bought loads of WW stuff today it was all reduced yum :)

05/02/2012

Two pancakes (4) with low fat butter (1)

Pack of cheese popcorn (4)
7up free (0)

WW pepperoni pizza (13) Spoon of light mayo (1)
WW chocolate eclair (2)

Small glass of white wine (3) had to celebrate my last day of my old job!!!

TOTAL: 28/28
no weeklies left after the last two days!

First day of work today, think I did ok food wise!! Gonna write what i had so far and update with my dinner later :D

06/02/2012

Two slices of WW bread (3) with slice of cheese (2) low fat butter (1)

O'Brien's veg soup (6?) slice of brown bread (2) low fat butter (1)

Two slices of WW bread (3) with cheese (2) thin slice of turkey and tomato chutney (1 for both)

TOTAL: 21/28

will update with dinner later!

Going on another walk, I calculated that the walk earns 3 activity points.. I never usually use my activity points but I'm gonna have to this evening because I have very few points left for dinner!!

Okayyy..so this evening ended up not being as good as I thought. I snacked a bit on pineapple and gerkins (0) then went for my walk but was STARVING when I got back. Had WW spag bol (8) with a good bit of grated parmasan AND a glass of red wine. Which I never ever drink. I only had a tiny glass but it was worth it because it was so nice with my dinner!!

Had a WW eclair after (2), so even including the 3 AP I earned I still went slightly over my dailies..and I've no weeklies left...uh oh! Hope I can redeem myself by Fri!!!

Made a WW pitta full of stuff for work tomorrow :D Tomorrow will be good. Getting up extra early to have a good breakfast before I leave.

Was wayyy too tired for a walk tonight, I'm wrecked from my new job and I have loads of college work due at the end of the week on top of that!! Today was a pretty good day food wise! I'm happy enough, I'm gonna have to be very careful with my points tomorrow during the day because I'm going to my granny's for dinner which usually involves big yummy plates of dinner and several glasses of wine! She will not take no for an answer when it comes to wine :p

07/02/2012

Two slices of WW bread (3) with low fat butter (1) and mushrooms cooked in lemon juice (0)

WW pitta (3) with chutney and turkey slice (1) low low cheese (2) tomato (0) green salad (0)
Smoothie from smoothie bar (5??)

WW creamy chicken and pasta dish (9)

2 WW homemade cookies (2)
WW eclair (2)

TOTAL: 28/28

Still have a lot of WW brand stuff in the house it's coming in really handy for counting points. I was suprised I didn't go over as I was up insanely early then had to work hard all day then was very annoyed going home as my bus was delayed and I was freezing :gen125: I usually binge eat if I'm tired or fed up!
Another full day of work tomorrow, when am I ever going to get my college work done!!
Anyway, enough complaining! What's everyone doing for Valentines? Are points out the window for just the one day? :cupid:

Uhhhh..add a small glass of red wine to the above list..whoops :eek:

Hope works goin good hon and ur settling in. Diaries looking great. And ur walks. :)
What are ur plans for valentines? I can live vicariously thru u! :)

Back