lunch
ham salad

ate lunch too late and extremely hungry so salad never touched the sides :-(
Then things went down hill

roast beef
yog
pear

Tea
small amount of sausage hot pot and potato slices but not healthy sausages syns for 1 sausage 5 !!!!!!!!! (so not worth it and so greasy compared to the morrison's sausages i use normally)
1 tblsp peanut butter 4 1/2 syns
1 tsp nutella 1 1/2
1 slice of christmas cake :-( 15 syns
chilli rice cakes at pictures very small amount going to guess 4 syns
29 syns

1 hea (milk in tea)
0heb
29 syns so far

as i said a rubbish day

Well 1 and 1/2 pounds on why why why ?

Ok here are my thoughts

1) I was surprised last week how little i had gained over christmas so last weeks wi may just have been lucky

2) In all honesty this week I have had 5 or things that i guessed the syns christmas cake and apple pie,it really is not good enough to guess as all of them are hig energy density and i could easily have had 2 or 3 times as much as i guesstimated.

So this week here are my goals

1) only eat food that i can syn CORRECTLY. If i can't weigh and measure syns DO NOT eat

2) I am feeling quite bloated so will be buying activia yogurt this week and doing the scan bran challenge (5 scan bran at least 3 days this week) so hopefully that will get things moving.

3) DO not do red days, I am always hugry on red so green or EE.

Wednesday green day

breakfast
hi fi bar at weigh in (heb)
and been busy since then

lunch
chips chips chips SW style of course
beans and tinned toms and fried eggs

tea
scan bran (1 heb)
quark cheese and chive spread (1 hea), pickled onions
fruit

snack after group

Green and black choc mini 4 syns

summary
2 Hea
2 Heb
4 syns

Last edited:
Hi Teresa

Oh no, I'm sorry that you had a gain this week. Its possible some of that could be the actual weight of the food ? You've not gone over your syns but like you say if you dont weigh you dont know the accurate syn value. I'm sure your goals for this week will get you more focussed and motivated. I definitely agree with not doing red days (maybe thats because I only eat fish), but theres no point going red and being hungry when you can enjoy yourself on green (and have meat/fish as a HB) or extra easy :) Plus for me all my favourite foods are on green so it makes sense. As you've said before why have ok food when you can have things that you really love and have great meals you enjoy!

I too fell into the trap of weighing in between weighing and I dont think it does you any good. The only weigh in that counts in the one at class. Like you I sometimes let what the scales say wash over me, but sometimes I think subconsiously it stays in your mind a little. I'm thinking of forgetting about weighing this week and just put my focus on enjoying the plan and sticking to it. Its going to be a challenge not to weigh till WI, but I'm going to do it. You too ?

Your menu looks great for today. Do you feel back on track ? Any less bloated ? By the way, your G&B mini bar is it the size that you get in those boxes of 12 ? 4syns is definitely worth it for G&B, its my favourite :)

Here's to a good week x

Yes let's do it no mid week (or daily weigh ins) I am putting my scales out of sight.

Yes that is the bars that come in the 12 pack and they are 4 or 4.5 dpending on the type.

Just ate 5 scan bran hope that gets rid of the bloated feeling :-(

T

Thursday's Planned Menu

Thurs Green Day

I am trying to save syns for a mcflurry at the weekend so aiming for only 5 syns a day.

Breakfast

yogurt and fruit and hard boiled egg

lunch
pasta n sauce (1 syn) milk from HEA and cheese (HEa)
leeks and peppers mixed veg

dinner
BNS Soup
Scan Bran
cottage cheese with pineapple (3 syns)
yogurt

snack hi fi bar (heb)

Hea 2(milk in pasta and tea)
Heb 2
Syns 4
Syn total for week 8/70

Last edited:
Oh its nice to save for something nice ! I'm not going to make the no weighing till next tues, as I weighed again this morning (I'm excited to see the numbers go to 11's in the morning, its so close) but I need to remind myself its less about the numbers and more about feeling in control and sticking with a healthy plan!

Good news about the G&B's, I'm going to look out for these when they are on offer :)

I'm thinking they could go in the loft - very out of the way! Ok, we've got a deal, mine will be going away tonight :)

Friday EE menu

Breakfast
a few baked beans, yogurt, apple, pear

Lunch
Speed soup (giving it another try)

hi fi bar (heb)
satsuma
yog and quark with orange options (1 1/2 syns)

snacks
carrot pepper and cucumber
grapes

Dinner
Sausage casserole (1 syn)
scan bran carrot cake if i have time/inclination to make it 11 syns whole cake I will have 1/4 ( 3 syns)

Ended up having more scan bran cake :-( extra 3 syns

HEA 1 milk in tea
HEB 1
syns 5 1/2
Syn total for week 16 1/2/70 (so i can have my mcflurry tomorrow if i stick to my plan today :) )

Last edited:
Saturdays EE menu planned

Breakfast
scan bran cake and fruit (apple, pear and satsumas)(1/2 HEB+ 3 syns)

lunch
speed soup
pickled onions and beetroot
yogurt

dinner
roast chicken
roast potatoes
parsnips
brussel sprouts
carrots and swede
green beans
Gravy 2 syns

snack
mcflurry 16.5 :-( didn't happen hopefully tomorrow

HEB 1
HEA 1 half milk and 2 LC light cheese

syns 5

Total for week 21/70 with 3 days to go

Last edited:
7 days worth of Slimming World Dinners all planned :) and shooped for

Roast chicken
Spicy prawns in tomato sauce over pasta
Tuna with thai sweet chilli savoury rice
Veggie Lasagna
Chicken and Mushroom Pies
Chicken Curry
Quorn Steak Strips schezuan style

Lunches
tomato soup or speed soup with scan bran or scan bran cake/muffins

low fat super noodles

pasta n sauce

breakfast
yogurt and fruit

or egg and beans

Sunday EE which has now changed to green

Breakfast
eggs and baked beans
satsumas and pear

Delivering leaflets so will have a snack and then late lunch
yogurt , satsumas and
alpen light (HEB)
5 1/2 hours walking

lunch
mcflurry :) 16 1/2 syns

thai sweet chilli super noodles
yogurt

dinner
Lasagna (veggie)
beetroot and pickled onions
wedges

HEA milk in 3 cups of tea + 3 dairylea lights
HEB alpen light and rf cheddar on lasagna

Week total syns 37 1/2 /70 with 2 day to go !!

Last edited:
Woooah you've saved loads of syns this week! Well done. I hope the leaflets go well today and I really hope you get to have your Mcflurry, you really deserve one after saving so many syns :)

Nice planning for the week (I need to do this myself too). Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Monday's actual diary EE
Breakfast
baked beans and fried eggs on 2 scan bran
(no superfree here but will make sure I have extra superfree all day)

Lunch
tomato soup with 2 scan bran and dairylea light
cold roast chicken with 1 tbsp mango chutney (2 syns)
yogurt
2 teaspoons of rice pudding (2?)

Dinner
BNS soup if i have to work late if not chicken curry and rice.

snacks
scan bran carrot cake want to try out the recipe again (3 syns)

Summary
1 hea
1 heb
syns 7

syn total
44 1/2/70 1 day left

Last edited:
Well got tempted by that christmas cake again :-( I am going to count 20 syns which still leaves me with 5 1/2 for tomorrow to still be under my goal of 70 so should have a loss still... hopefully on wednesday.
Was also seriously tempted by the scales but just resisted.

Well done on avoiding the scales. Is the christmas cake nearly gone ? I think you did very well to stop at 20syns worth :) At least you've done really well with keeping syns low for the rest of the week gone by, plus plenty of walking yesterday should see you heading for a loss this week. Hope the carrot/scan bran cake turned out well, mine never seems to rise very much but tastes good, all the same!

Back