Teresa's 2011 diary

Hope the elimination is going well, are you introducing things back yet ? I hope you find out what exactly was troubling you.

Your BNS curry sounds fab. I tend to use low fat tinned coconut milk but then that can sometimes be a bit watery. I might try the coconut block next time :)

Hope you had a good weekend.

The curry was delish BUT did not agree with me. I think onions may be an issue for me and other veggies and legumes the more I think about it (some of my favourite foods) But whenever i try extra speed food or success express i end up bloated and feeling miserable (exactly how i felt after the BNS curry)

So have been doing more research and I am going to watch my fruit and veg intake and slowly introduce foods so i can see how i react to them. Tomorrow I will add either banana or potato ! (or milk) i can't decide. LOL

today day 5

breakfast
oats and yogurt with cinnamon

lunch
chicken and egg salad with beetroot

snack
boiled eggs
natural yog with ginger

dinner
basa fillet with lemon and pepper
asparagus

Oh - its so tricky! I hope you can pinpoint exactly what it is, then all your patience will pay off. (I have a feeling raw onions give me a bloaty belly). I really think you're doing great sticking with it :)

Adding a new food today, think it will be cheese and milk but may be fruit LOL

Breakfast
oats and natural yogurt (2 HEB)

Lunch
ham salad

snack
boiled eggs and natural yogurt

dinner
asparagus and cheese (2 hea)

cautiously optomistic for tomorrows weigh in

Last edited:
Good luck for weigh in :) Optimism is good!!!

How did you feel after adding cheese back in ? Mmmmm just spotted your asparagus, I love it!

Felt fine adding the cheese which is good as i thought dairy might of been my problem :) but will watch it carefully i think the live natural yogurt is helping a lot.

I lost 3 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very happy back in target and feeling good.

I have added bananas today which is a bit soon but i seriously don't think i have an issue with bananas so not concerned

Red Day

breakfast
babybels and a banana at weigh in (2 hea)

lunch
beef stir fry YUM (3 syns for olive oil)

snack
yogurt and oats with cinnamon (2 HEB)

dinner
either rest of beef stir fry or bns curry want to try again but depends how brave i feel **** had stir fry

syns either 3 or 13 depending on whether i have curry or not ***** 3 syns

Last edited:
Woohoo!!! Well done with the new additions and woohoo wow thats a fab loss :) :) :)

Sounds like things are going very well. Is your class going well too? I must say the HiFis are very nice and I'm glad I've tried them but thats it I wont be having them every week!

Thursday's menu

Annoyingly as i came to write this I realised i had messed up my red day by having half a can of sweetcorn on my salad :-(

breakfast
oats (2 heb) yog and banana

lunch
cheese (2 hea) salad with sweetcorn and eggs
yog and mixed spice

tea
tuna salad

maybe some boiled eggs

so i have to either syn a hea and heb (12 syns) or syn the sweetcorn which will be way less i think.
****** 4 1/2 syns for the whole tin so will have the rest for tea
Teresa

well yesterday was going well until I baked red nose cupcakes with the kids :-( I avoided the lovely cake batter but failed when faced with lots of leftover buttercream icing

Then when i got home from work late i was starving and had SW chips

So today is back to getting sugar out my system I am still feeling better from the elimination diet but having had sugar want more today but I will not cave.

My day so far has been red but if i get too hungry may turn to EE

breakfast
banana

lunch
huge bacon, leek , tomato and cheese omelette (hea)

snack
oats (heb) yogurt and banana

dinner
chicken
swedes and carrot
cabbage
parsnips (HEB unless i change to EE)
oxo gravy

Well done for getting straight back on track. Hope today has gone well! I've bought the ingredients for some cakes that I'm making soon, the week after next and the week after that. Its extremely difficult with baking!

Oats yog and banana sounds lovely for a snack. Have you been avoiding potatoes ? Any more ideas about what exactly was the culprit for the stomach issues ?

I'm so glad its Friday, hope you have a good weekend :)

I hadn't added potatoes back until yesterday was supposed to be waiting for the weekend but have had no adverse reactions to anything besides the veggie curry so I am still thinking it is certain vegetables and fruit the only fruit I am on at the moment is bananas.

Have had a rough day today with really wanting sugar in fact have been craving diet coke !! I have not had any artificial sweetner or sugar until yesterday and wasn't suffering too much today I just want something sweet but especially diet coke LOL probably the caffeine too as i am quite tired.

In some ways it is nice going back to a no processed food diet but in other ways it is just hard LOL

I am going to continue slowly adding things .. probably whole wheat pasta this weekend. I am enjoying not having the tummy troubles as is my husband (par tof the problem was chronic gas sorry if tmi)

Hi, hows it going with you ? Not TMI at all !!! I think alot of people find the sw plan makes them gassy......its great if you can pin point what triggers this for you. I'm pretty sure that alpen lights, fibre plus and even HiFis give me gassy problems (perhaps because if I eat them I eat too many of them, perhpas one every couple of days would be ok for me).

I like herbal teas (nettle, peppermint, dandelion, green tea with nettle and peppermint is my favourite). I dont like fruity teas so much as they smell soooo lovely and never taste as strong as they smell ! Mind you making them with 3 bags might be a nice idea.

Hope you're ok and had a weekend :)

Hi Teresa

Where are you ? Hope everything is ok,

hopefully 'see' you on here soon :)

Hey are you feeling any better ?

Hi Gobolino

still not quite myself, very very very tired. But have had a whole week back on plan so feel good from that side of it. I will still show a gain tomorrow but hopefully just a pound or two as i haven't weighed in since 3 weeks ago and at one point i was 4 or 5 pounds heavier than today !!

Sorry to hear you're still not right. Sounds like you've made a good job of turning your gain around this week. Good luck for weigh in.

Well as expected 2 pounds gain (better than the 6 !! it would of been had i been well enough to get to group last week)

I now have 7 pounds and 7 weeks to get to my slimathon pledge YIKES so no messing about.

Today's green menu

breakfast
banana

lunch low fat super noodles
strawberries and yog
meringue mix (3 syns) making raspberry kisses for group (which were a disaster ..) choc muffin mix 2syns)

snack
hi fi maybe (2 butterscotch)

dinner big omelette with potatoes. mushrooms and peppers
ketchup (1 syn)

Hea milk in tea
heb cheese and hi fi

syns 6/105 (99 remaining)

Last edited:
Tuesday's plan

EE day

breakfast
banana and ben's butterscotch hifi (1/2 heb)

pineapple and fromage frais

lunch
rice and chilli with cucumber and carrots and tomatoes
other hi fi (1/2 heb)

dinner
fish (smoked river cobbler)
mixed veg
potatoes or rice

heb
milk in tea

syns?

Back