Teresa's 2011 diary

Do you think hi fi bars and cereal bars in general make you crave more sweet stuff? I just had a hi fi bar and i am now hungrier than before i had it. I have thought this in the past and stopped eating them for a while but just a thought to ponder. I may give them up for a week and see what happens (hard to do when i have hundreds in my spare room)

Meals looking good and so glad you're starting to feel better :) I definitely think cereal bars make you want more sweet stuff, thats why I find it difficult not to eat the whole box :D I must only buy them when I know I can limit myself, or I have enough people around me to share them! Also when thinking if I should get the fibre plus bars or alpen light bars, greedy me thought to myself mmmm alpen lights it is as I can have two of those for a healthy extra. I wonder if I had hundreds, I might feel different as I could never finish them all off, whereas with one box I can.

Perhaps a good idea is to make more of a mini-meal of a cereal bar and have it with a latte and a banana :)

I am not going to have any more hi fi bars until at least wednesday (i haven't got any other cereal bars ) as i think they are triggering cravings although i did fight the cravings today.

Here is my comfort food list

SW chips with chick pea dahl
SW chips with beans and egg
SW chips with synned tomato ketchup
SW wedges ....(do we see a theme here)
Pasta n sauce mac and cheese made with a he of reduced fat cheese (this is total decadence in my world !!!) 2 syns and a HE but so worth it
Pasta n sauce leek n ham or broc and cheese
Quark and or fromage frais with options (1 1/2 - 2 syns)

Will add more when i think of them

Good list! Mmmmm I've not tried the mac and cheese pasta n sauce. I always have mine with a HA of cheese -yum yum yum! I do love quark, fromage frais and options or highlights too. Is it the asda chick pea dahl that is free ? I've not tried that either.

Oh I love food :)

The cereal bars (and cereal in general) do trigger cravings for me to. Very good plan to not have them for a while. I've bought some today but thankfully my visitors have tucked into them too. But saying that I've had 4 today, which isnt too good.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Sunday EE day Real version

Breakfast poached eggs, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes

******(slept late and only had a satsuma and yogurt )

lunch
cracker bread and dairylea light ploughmans (hea and heb)
yogurt and fruit
********* actually had 4 ryvita and lc light and sweet chilli light philly oh delicous !!!!! (HEA HEB and 2 syns) and beetroot

dinner
sweet chilli chicken
Jacket fries potatoes roasted veg
sweet chilli philadelphia light 2 syns
******************* lemon and garlic tray bake from this months magazine this is delicous and i bet it would work wth quorn fillets but even just the potatoes and veg would be delicous without the chicken.
extra veg

syns (meeting a friend for coffee so may have a small cookie or cake ???) *************** only had one of those tiny free biscuits you get with a cup of coffee (1 syn?)

maltesers (9 1/2 syns)
quakr fromage frais with options
Hea Cheese
HEB cracker bread

syns milk in 3 teas (1 1/2) + syns for biscuit/cake with coffee (1) +(2) philly light maltesers (9 1/2) and options (2)= 16

Higher in syns then i like BUT i am proud of today :)

Monday EE day
breakfast
yogurt and fruit

lunch
BNS soup
savoury rice
tomatoes and cucumber

snack
HEB dried apricots

dinner
SW fish and chips
veg

quark fromage frais and options (2 syns)

HEA milk in tea
HEB dried apricots

Syns 2

HUGELY proud of myself today as i made butterfly cakes and did not even taste the batter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or the icing not even a lick of my fingers

Last edited:
Tuesday green day

Breakfast
SW quiche with pasta n sauce (1/2 syns + 1/2 heb for half of quiche eaten throughout the day)
yogurt and fruit

lunch
jacket and beans with salad

dinner
BNS soup
SW quiche salad pickled onions
baked beans or sweetcorn

cracker bread with sweet chilli philly

HEA (milk in 2 teas + cheese in quiche)
HEB cracker bread and philly

syns 1/2 + 1 ordinary size butterfly cake and one mini one .......

Last edited:
Wednesday

couldn't get to class weighed in on my SW scales at home and sts which is frustrating but better than a gain (my home scales had me up pound !!!)

Green day

breakfast
cracker bread (heb)
sweet chilli philly (heb)
yogurt

lunch
pasta n sauce quiche (1/2 syn)
(HEA)

early tea
low fat super noodles

supper
a treat (maltesers or cream egg)
+ lots of fruit and a yogurt

Hea (milk in tea and cheese in quiche)
Heb (crackerbread and philly light)
syns 1/2 + 8 1/2 or 9 1/2 for my treat had maltesers so 10 syns for the day yeah!!

Last edited:
Well done on your stay the same. It is so much better than a gain, but I agree at the same time it is frustrating!

I love the self analysis about the superfree! Sometimes all I really want is my free foods, A's and B's but this is only occasionally and normally I'm pretty good with fruit and veg so I dont think it does any harm in the grand scale of things.

Hope your classes go well!

I am going to aim for a week of green AND no hi fi bars until next wednesday when hopefully I will have a loss !

Thursday day 2 green day

breakfast
2 pears and 3 satsumas and a yogurt

lunch
low fat super noodles

tea
pasta and sauce mac and cheese made with milk and cheese (2 syns)(HEA rest used as milk in tea HEB cheese)
leeks and mushrooms

Post group snack
quark and options 2
crackerbread and dairylea triangles (HEA and HEB)

syns 4
HEA x 2
HEB x 2

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ! I have had my delivery of the new deluxe choc bars. I WILL NOT BUY ANY UNIL I LAUCH THEM IN GROUP!

Friday green day number 3

breakfast
pears and satsumas with yogurt

Lunch
CHIPS and sweet chilli baked beans(very hungry so putting this on now)

dinner
Smoked haddock (HEB 142 g portion)
Savoury rice
Veggies

snack
yellow plums
crackerbread and rf cheese (HEB and HEA)
pickled onions
quark and options (2 syns)
2 boiled eggs

Hea cheese and milk in teas
Heb crackerbread and fish
Syns a chocolate treat ??? or maybe even a mcflurry ! (will spend up to 20 syns !!!!) Had maltesers 9.5 plus 2 for options 11.5

Having a rough day today just can't seem to fill up on anything feel like the hungry caterpillar (i am still hungry whatever I eat)

Last edited:
Ideas for the next 4 days of green dinners

Quorn sausage casserole
Roast dinner (either just veg potatoes and gravy or a heb of chicken)
Mac n cheese with leeks and mushrooms
quorn steak strips stir fry

Lunches
BNS and parsnip soup
with either layered cheese salad :) or SW ploughman's
Or Frittata

Breakfast
yogurt and fruit or eggs and beans

Saturday day 4 green menu

Breakfast lots of fruit and yogurt

lunch
super noodles
snack
dried prunes (heb)

dinner
quorn sausage casserole and
wedges

treat
choc of some type yet to be decided (crunchie choc ice) 7 syns

Hea milk in 3 teas and 21 g rf cheese
HEB prunes and more cheese
7 syns

Last edited:
Oh no, I hope your back has settled a little this evening. Your menu ideas look great! Are you still resisting the choc deluxe HiFi's ? Do you launch them this week ? I bet they are going to go down like hot cakes (or cold HiFi bars!) :)

I have still not had a hifi bar ! Have told myself the samples are for my members so can't have one of those and I haven't opened the boxes yet so they are safe LOL I don't think I am going to launch them this week as we are having a taster party and the oaunch fo the Let's Beat Obesity Campaign so don't want the bars to get lost in the shuffle. Officially the launch date is march 14th but i know many groups have launched already.

Back is so much better today i even managed 20 minutes of stationery biking and 15 of walking on the treadmill pain free !

Back