Teresa's 2011 diary

Sunday Day 5 Green

I so nearly switched to EE today but decided i really want to try a full week of green as not sure I have ever done that and it makes me think a bit more about my food.

Breakfast
fruit and yogurt

Lunch
veggie soup
cheese (hea)
prunes (heb)
bag of revels (8)
2 mini green and black's organic choc (8)

Took a lot of willpower to stop at that as have more G and B and a bag of galaxy counters (big bag) in the kitchen and i was actually trying to convince myself i could open the bag and just have one or two (but i know this is a lie, an open bag is an empty bag)

Dinner
roast dinner
chicken (heb)
gravy 2 syns

HEB chicken and prunes
HEA cheese and milk in tea
Syns 18

I do love the green plan more than anything and if I wasn't cooking for my hubby i think I would do green mostly.

I am going to try for green all the way until friday morning and then i am taking friday and saturday off plan ! So want to really be good until then.

monday day 6 of my green week

Breakfast
fruit and yogurt

Lunch
roast potatoes/ parsnips
carrots swede green beans
HEB chicken

tea
sausage and meatball bean casserole with potato slices

snack
flake (8 1/2 syns)

HEB apricots
28g cheese HEA

HEA cheese and milk in teas
HEB apricots and chicken
Syns 2 for gravy 8 1/2 for flake

Last edited:
Tuesday Day 7 Green

breakfast
fruit and yogurt
3 scan bran (3/5ths of HEB)
laughing cow cheese (HEA)

Lunch
2 scan bran and egg mayo (1 syn el mayo)
roasted veg soup
satsuma and pear

Dinner
quorn steak strips stir fry (1 1/2 syns for sweet chilli sauce)

HEA milk in teas
HEB scan bran and cheese triangles
Syns 2 1/2 (may have a crunchie ice cream 7 syns)

wi day tomorrow. I am on a massive economy drive so i need to not be out of my target range :)

RUBBISH DAY but i am coming on here to say the rubbish eating stops right now! I WILL eat my SW planned tea and excep for the syns in the sweet chilli sauce i will have no more syns !

Note to self on tuesdays must have a snack planned when taking the girls to gym as waiting until 2 for my lunch resulted in me being a human hoover !

Well done for coming on here and declaring the synning stops! Good luck for weigh in :)

STS but woke up with swollen fingers so think * week is imminent.

Signed up for the 12 week slimathon too only want to lose 7 1/2 pounds but they are the tough 7 1/2

My main focus for this first week is to do damage control for this upcoming weekend :)

Teresa

STS is good if * week is on its way. Are you eating out somewhere nice on the weekend ?

Good luck for the slimathon, I missed all the information with not being at my class last week so hopefully I'll catch up next week. You're right its the hard 7.5, but you're sounding so determined at the moment, you can do it - go for it :)

Oh wow - that all sounds great :) The buffet sounds similar to the Cosmo buffet we went to on Tuesday. I tried hard with the main courses to stick to veggie and prawn things, but I did have puds too. Saving up ready for it is a sensible plan, hows the damage limitation going ?

Have got all behind with my diary (probably because most of it has been too off plan to share LOL)

I have a doctor's appointment this morning so I can not get to group. I will weigh on my SW scales before I go to the doctors.

Today's menu

breakfast
yogurt and fruit

lunch pasta n sauce with leeks and mushrooms

dinner
??? not sure yet

As of tomorrow I am doing a 5 day elimination diet which will mean i will be doing either red days or mix2 match. I have been having a lot of problems with IBS symptoms so I am trying to find out if i have food intolerances (i suspect wheat, beans :-(, and dairy :-() but I am not sure so I am going off all those foods and then re introducing them.

Will still be following SW principles at all times. But need to sort out my stomache issues.

Sorry that you've had a gain! It is small though (I've confirmed this as you said my 1/2 was small!) and if you're anything like me it makes you feel even more determined to shift the little half and more for next week. We can do this :)

I hope the elimination goes well and brings up some findings for you. Its tricky but hopefully you'll find whats triggering a bad tum.

:) you are right it must only be little gain as that si what I told you LOL

Day 1 of elimination diet

Has not been to bad I do feel hungry but i feel it i smore pshycological than anything else ... realising I can' t have any of my beloved mac and cheese or supernoodles for a few weeks let alone the sweet stuff and no cups of tea until next tuesday at least a I am off milk .

But I am determined and really want to see this through, I tried once before and ende up with a stomache bug on the 5th day so never did the reintroducing foods slowly as i just wanted certai things when i got better.

One of the things I am doing as this elimination will mainly be red days (boo hoo) is amking sure i have plenty of the food I am allowed

Breakfast
boiled eggs and tomatoes

lunch
Huge salad with 2 hard boiled eggs and a whole tin of tuna mixed with some natural yogurt (this is the only dairy allowed)

a big bowl of natural yogurt with cinnamon YUM

snack
more natural yogurt

dinner
basa fillets and veg 50 g brown rice as well

I had forgotten brown rice is not a HEB so today is EE

Teresa

Last edited:
Day 1 done -well done with the elimination, it cant be easy trying to follow 2 plans at the same time. Nice one swapping red to EE :) I need to try more EE days myself!

For the tough first 5 days of the elimination i am going to try and stay as close to SW as possible (but obvioulsy as i can't have dairy I will be missing out on the hea's and bs so strictly speaking i am not following the plan)

When I add more food in it will be gradually getting back to SW .

Day 2 elimination
Huge headache has just started had been told to expect this to happen

breakfast

eggs and tomatoes

lunch
vegetable soup
natural live yogurt with cinnamon (loving this)

snack
boiled eggs

dinner
prawn stir fry over brown rice
more yogurt

just ate dinner and after not being hungry until 5pm I am now starving !!!

didn't have the eggs for snack or the mackerel (which was actually sardines when i looked at it so may have that)

Hubby is having a snickers choc ice.....

Last edited:
I didn't end up eating anything else last night.

But got up quite early and had oats and natural yogurt.

Have had no stomache issues since doing this and even better no wind (sorry if tmi) so it is definitely improving things

Today is day 3

EE day

Breakfast
oats and natural yog with cinnamon (really missed sugar/fruit/sweetner in this today)

Lunch
salad with sardines and boiled eggs

Dinner
roast chicken
roast parsnips (with HEB olive oil)
carrots and swede
cabbage

snacks /puddings
natural yogurt or boiled eggs
may make a yog dip to have with carrot sticks

syns in some coconut cream I am using to make a bns curry never used it before it is so yummy. I know it is high syns but I am not using any at the moment.

Last edited:
OMG creamed coconut block is 68 syns ! I do think it will make 6 portions of curry so about 10 syns a serving! Wish I had figured it out before I had made it. It is delicous and at the moment I am using virtually no other syns.

Sunday day 4 elimination

breakfast
unsmoked bacon, eggs and tomatoes

lunch
chicken, swede and carrot and cabbage made inot bubble and squeak patties (fried in 1/2 HEB of olive oil)

Dinner
BNS squash curry (10 syns and 1/2 heb of olive oil)
over brown rice

snacks
eggs and natural yogurt

Back