Teresa's Up and down Diary to Goal and beyond

Today is the first day in 5 weeks where I just don't want to follow the day I am on :-( I am supposed to be fasting until 5 pm

I am disappointed with my STS and know that I have to go back to alternate days so part of me is thinking well why not start today with an up day (as can't do a d d as out to dinner tonight then another up day tomorrow and then down on sunday

* = wi day
Friday 150.4 DDU *
Saturday 150.4 UUU
Sunday DNW overnight at work UUD
Monday 152.4 DDU
Tuesday 151.2 UUD
Wednesday 150.2 DDU
Thursday 150 UUD
Friday DDU 150.4 DDU * STS

Ok Have had a good think and I know if I change today to an all UP day I will be disappointed in myself so it is only 6 hours left and i still have 362 calories left so that is a bowl of soup or two, a hot choc and some yogurt LUXURY ;-)

Also had a think on why the scales are not co operating at the moment and think it is a combo of things

1) I am at the weight my body quite likes as it's lowest weight (in the past have maintained this weight for long periods)

2) When doing 5 to 5 on UUD even if i try not to I end up snacking (just in case i get hungry) between lunch and 5 and it is usually rubbish at this time

3) When I fast 5 to 5 I actually have been eating very little (mainly drinking tea and a light hot choc) I don't think my body likes this

So my choices are

1) Just accept I have a healthy BMI and maintain at this weight (not ready to do this just yet as go on a 10 day holiday in 3 weeks time and woudl like to be a litttle less)

2) Stay with 5 to 5 and make sure I only snack if really necessary between lunch and 5 (a possibility but my favourite thing about Juddd is not having to overthink it)

3) Go back to alternate days ..... seems obvious doesnt it?

well if anyone is still reading it seems like i have it all worked out.
:)

Will continue on with today as planned DDU
Then tomorrow Up all day and sunday up all day

m w f down days

It does mean i am having an extra long UP weekend as will still be up for Sunday evening instead of down but I think that will be fine

I think its always going to be hard when you're a healthy weight already. You've lost 4.6 lbs is that right in 5 weeks? I think thats damn well amazing at the weight you are! I'm planning way ahead with my weight loss but once I get to a 'healthy' weight of around 11 st 5 lbs I'm going to attempt to lose 3 lbs a month, until I get down to 10. Anymore than that will be a bonus.

I tried the 5-5 thing too and it messed with my head a little last week, I preferred this week doing 5:2 as I knew where I was more. there are so many different ways of doing it and I guess trying to find the way that suits you can be the hardest bit! I think as long as you stick with at least one of the methods you can't fail to lose weight though.

Maybe WI every week isn't good? I was thinking this today. I felt sick worrying before I weighed myself, and although I had a good result this week I don't want to feel like that every week. I'm considering WI once a month. Guaranteed to see a budge but not getting bogged down with weekly fluctuations, which being female often has no rhyme or reason to yet we punish ourselves trying to analyse them!

Oh and well done for running 3 miles in the rain! I do all my running on treadmill. I am too embarrassed to do it outside! I hope to get to that point one day though.

You are doing very well and yes I should be greatful for the weight I have lost. I think it is frustrating though that until I canged to 5 to 5 i was doing great and I even dipped below my beloved 10st 10 but now alternate days seems hard but in general i love love love Judd and after literally dieting or bingeing for 34 years I feel like I have freedome to enjoy my life (sounds dramatic but so true) And the fact that I can do it and make it good for my health is even better.

As for running outside even at 3 stone heavier i never really cared what others think. I have occasionly run on a treadmill but get bored very easily and don't have access to one at the moment. Once I am outside i don't really care about the weather but it is getting cold afterwards that is miserable. A shivering drive home from running club always thinking to myself i should bring a change of clothes LOL

You are doing very well and yes I should be greatful for the weight I have lost. I think it is frustrating though that until I canged to 5 to 5 i was doing great and I even dipped below my beloved 10st 10 but now alternate days seems hard but in general i love love love Judd and after literally dieting or bingeing for 34 years I feel like I have freedome to enjoy my life (sounds dramatic but so true) And the fact that I can do it and make it good for my health is even better.

As for running outside even at 3 stone heavier i never really cared what others think. I have occasionly run on a treadmill but get bored very easily and don't have access to one at the moment. Once I am outside i don't really care about the weather but it is getting cold afterwards that is miserable. A shivering drive home from running club always thinking to myself i should bring a change of clothes LOL

No id doesn't sound dramatic I can totally identify with it! I was thinking of all the things I've eaten on this diet so far and how easy it is. At the weekend I went to someones house for a coffee and when I got there there was a full buffet spread! Usually I'd have picked at something and made excuses about being on a diet but I just ate what I wanted (which actually wasn't that much in the end but it was nice to find that out for myself). It just makes life so much easier and only someone who's suffered with weight issues can really understand that. And like you say on top of all of that the health benefits are amazing!

So the first week you did 5-5 you put on, this week you sts, maybe you need to do it one more week for your body to fully adjust and see a loss? Or try 5:2?

Whatever you follow this week I hope you have a good one and a loss next week! X

You really are doing amazingly well - don't let a sts get you down! I only lost 0.4lbs and I was sure this week was going to be a really good one - lol! Even if you haven't lost this week, there are so many other benefits. You are doing a really good thing for your body and your state of mind (if JUDDD helps you get out of the binge/diet vicious circle).

I think it's just a case of finding out what works best with trial and error - I really admire the people who are doing 5-5 UUD, but I know I couldn't do it! I'm doing Sun, Tues, Thurs as DDs. The DDs are tough, but manageable. What I would struggle with on 5-5 UUD is having some element of fasting most days, rather than knowing that I can have complete freedom 4 days out of 7. Maybe you're the same?

So, focus on what you've achieved and be kind to yourself!

Such nice messages thank you both

Wavy cat how funny that you say that you worry about the fact you are fasting a part of every day. I had never thought about that instead thought about the fact i am eating some part of every day LOL

The fast parts are so easy i just don't even think about them anymore hoping i will feel the same as i go back to full day fasts. Two of the up up down days I am busy at work and head straight to running club afterwards so when I am feeding the kids tea at work i start picking worrying I will be hungry later (which i am but hunger doesn't scare me anymore lol as it normally passes . )

The only reason i wanted to turn today into an UP day was because i was feeling sorry for myself but soon realised that stuffing choclates in (which is whay i wanted to do wouldn't make me weigh less on the sclaes next week) AND if i want i can have chocolates at 5 pm AND I am going out for dinner :)

Such nice messages thank you both

Wavy cat how funny that you say that you worry about the fact you are fasting a part of every day. I had never thought about that instead thought about the fact i am eating some part of every day LOL

The fast parts are so easy i just don't even think about them anymore hoping i will feel the same as i go back to full day fasts. Two of the up up down days I am busy at work and head straight to running club afterwards so when I am feeding the kids tea at work i start picking worrying I will be hungry later (which i am but hunger doesn't scare me anymore lol as it normally passes . )

The only reason i wanted to turn today into an UP day was because i was feeling sorry for myself but soon realised that stuffing choclates in (which is whay i wanted to do wouldn't make me weigh less on the sclaes next week) AND if i want i can have chocolates at 5 pm AND I am going out for dinner :)

It sounds like you've got it sorted! Lucky you going out for dinner - that's one of the best things about JUDDD I think, being able to go out and enjoy yourself guilt free. Hope you have a fantastic night and a lovely weekend!

I'm jealous I havent been out for dinner since I started fasting! Imagine being able to choose what I wanted rather than something I've worked the calories out for beforehand. Must go out soon!

Hi Teresa, sorry I've not been about :(

Don't focus on the STS........ You've made good progress,
you might just need time for you body to adjust to the 5-5, so far, I've not even thought about that, and am quite comfortable with the alternate days, I'm do
Sun, Tue & Thur as DD, as I love Friday nights in the pub, and always find enough time to cook something nice for us both on a Saturday, guess it's just a case of finding the right format, I'm sure you said you was going to trythe 5-5 for 3 weeks so you could settle into it.

I know you mentioned that using SW on your UD was too difficult, I think it depends on what you would normally eat whether you're SWing, JUDDDing or not even thinking about it, my downful is beer, so, by tring to stick to SW, I don't drink too much (normally!!)

Not sure I could cope with 5-5, and not having a problem with complete fast DD, but maybe because I'm still new to this, only 2 weeks so far, so time will tell.

One thing that did cross my mind, on your UD, are you actually eating enough? I don't mean chocolate and stuff, but food, food, as the amount of excercise you do might have an impact if you're not eating enough.

Hang in there, you'll suss it out

Where you off to for dinner??? Have fun, and enjoy

Thank you again for all your support.
Well after posting that i was fine with today's DDU I went into binge mode a bit diappointed with myself BUT I have deicded to just turn it into an up and and have a down day tomororw. Not the healthiest of up days BUT not stressing as that will get me nowhere :)

Suddenly remembered Hubby is gone all day tomorrow so it will be an easy day for me to fast all day and then just have a meal with him when he gets home :)

Then Sunday can be an up day and we are going to have our christmas dinner a bit early LOL We are away for christmas and sometime next week we will lose cooking facilities in our kitchen and hubby really wanrs an aldi four bird roast so that will be sunday then kitcehn closed for 3 to 6 weeks YIKES

Will do :) we have had a 3 bird from there and loved it.

Ok diner was ok last night ate far too much and felt sick and horrible afterwards :-( and I left loads :-( just don't think I can eat the quantity of good I used to which is a good thing .

Have a sugar/junk food hangover this am . Have planned out my dd but won't eat at all until about 2 or 3

Friday DDU 150.4 UD * STS Going back to alternate days
Saturday 24th 153 !!!! (oops) DD

Well that was quite the UP day not sure a nutritious thing passed my lips from 2 pm onwards but it is over with and has left me feeling quite horrible so maybe a lesson kearned :)

Back to alternate days so plans for the next 2 weeks and I am doing something radical for me as working next weekend (fform friday am to sunday pm) so no scales and I am not going to have an official weigh in for 2 weeks !!! I know i obviously know how to live life on the wild side !! this gives me time to get back into the routine of proper alternates and fits in with plans i have for work and some social events coming up.

sat dd
sun ud
mon dd
tues ud
wed dd
thurs ud
fri dd
sat ud
sun dd
mon ud
tues dd
wed ud
thurs dd
FRIDAY dec 7th UD and offical wi day

Todays DD plans

Looks like a well planned DD

Well, we went shopping/browsing today in Aldi & Lidls (looking for bargains) had planned steak & SW chips for dinner - bought the 4 bird roast, and as you can cook it from frozen we had it tonight - really lovely & filling - I weighed out 200g of it, and is was plenty! As you know I'm still following SW style, so 2 syns & 292 cals....will buy it again.

I must admit, I never weigh myself daily, and only do so once a week at my SW class, I think you going back to alternate days, and leaving WI for 2 weeks is a great idea - hope it works for you

Back