Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

The weight loss has not been great this last month. I won't meet the October challenge. I was supposed to have an MRI scan before my op but was not able to go through with it due to claustrophobia and feeling sick in that horrible machine :sigh: . I now am having an MRI in a more advanced machine at London's Harley Street, which is an open scanner, but its going to cost be a fortune ! :( I can't have the op until the scan is done. I don't know how people are able to go in those closed MRI scanners without feeling sick, it's like lying in your coffin ! and they wanted me to lie still for 30 mins so the machine could take the images, I couldn't even last 3 seconds ! I pressed the panic button and told them to get me the hell out! The ceiling was right on my face, I felt so dizzy and faint.

With all this going on in my life right now, its no wonder my losses have come to a stand still. I'm finding it so hard to focus. Plus all the meds they are giving me gets me so bloated. Anyway sorry for hijacking your diary with my ramblings :p, how is your back and treatment going ?

Kay xx

Thanks chick - Did a taxi run earlier now Im just chilling with daughter and son in law. They will be off home soon ,then ill pop my pjs on and watch rubbish tv lol

The weight loss has not been great this last month. I won't meet the October challenge. I was supposed to have an MRI scan before my op but was not able to go through with it due to claustrophobia and feeling sick in that horrible machine :sigh: . I now am having an MRI in a more advanced machine at London's Harley Street, which is an open scanner, but its going to cost be a fortune ! :( I can't have the op until the scan is done. I don't know how people are able to go in those closed MRI scanners without feeling sick, it's like lying in your coffin ! and they wanted me to lie still for 30 mins so the machine could take the images, I couldn't even last 3 seconds ! I pressed the panic button and told them to get me the hell out! The ceiling was right on my face, I felt so dizzy and faint.

With all this going on in my life right now, its no wonder my losses have come to a stand still. I'm finding it so hard to focus. Plus all the meds they are giving me gets me so bloated. Anyway sorry for hijacking your diary with my ramblings :p, how is your back and treatment going ?

Kay xx

Awww sorry to hear about your experience with the MRI hunni. Mine lasted 25mins I was fine, but I know not everyone can cope with it. Im just waiting for my letter to come through now with my results, I know the consultant has got them cos his secretary confirmed it for me on Friday.

The gabapentin are doing no good, ive upped them to 9 a day on top of paracetamols. I really think they have been the cause of my STS and gain last week. I cant just stop taking them I have to be weaned off them booo.

I hope your next scan goes well and they can get you sorted, it will be worth the money if it helps you xx keep ya chin up hunni

Thanks hun, I hope to have the scan soon so I can get this op done as soon as possible. Best of luck with your results hun, I hope its all good news for you .

Kay xx

I know you've prob posted this somewhere before but , how do you do your rice pud? x

I know you've prob posted this somewhere before but , how do you do your rice pud? x

Hi kitty

I use pudding rice, enough to cover the bottom of the pan, fill almost to the top with cold water and boil. As the water soaks up to the sloppy stage I add vanilla essence and sweetener. If I want it firmer I then transfer to the oven in a pyrex dish and then add some of my milk allowance. Once it begins to get a skin on the top I remove and have it hot with the rest of my milk allowance poured over nom nom. I have also eaten it firmed up with Jam yummy and used my milk for teas.

Hello Texty, how has your weekend been? I see you've been fighting the pain to cook up some scrummy delights your quiche looks delightful. The soup is gorgeous, I made a batch just before I set off to Wolverhampton yesterday and it was gorgeous. I think for the rest of the week we'll be eating meals out the freezer as its full of nice meals I've built up over the last few weeks.

Are you getting a new bed / mattress to help your back? Xxx

Evening Cookie - glad your back safely hun.

I had the soup earlier as a starter followed by my quiche and SW chips nom nom. Im working on a new bed. I know it may help, a good one is just so expensive but gotta think long term.

Just been taxiing grrrr I thought id only have 1 journey to do today seems not. Ive put them a pizza in each then im hoping they go to bed

Back