Thank goodness for my stop smoking buddy

Hi Ukquitter, hope you are doing OK.
I really found that it was mainly in my mind this time. My OH smokes and my friend is now smoking again too, although she did have a mighty tough time with personal things going on so I can understand it and I will be there for when she is ready to try again. I just have to keep reminding myself how much better my lungs are and I don't want to clog them up again, this really helps if I start to waiver. Try to stay focused on what is important to you personally and don't get distracted by others.
On a lighter note, we have just adopted a rescue puppy who is making sure I get my 10,000 steps in every day, to help me lose the weight I gained when I stopped smoking(only a little weight, so it is do able, thank goodness!) so I have a new stop smoking friend now. :D She is lovely, although quite a head strong little madam!

I'm on day 2 though I'm quitting with champix this time finding it ok so far but I have been keeping very busy!!! X

Well done Fionamcd, whichever ways suits you is the best way to give up!
I hope everything is going well for you and that you are starting to feel the benefits of not smoking. I still can't get off my e-cig but find that I am so much healthier and I spend less in a month on e-cigs than I did in a week on real cigarettes so definitely better for my finances. My friend is trying to give up again so I don't feel so isolated now. Stay positive, there are so many people who have stopped using Champix so it certainly works.

Katie1961 said:
Well done Fionamcd, whichever ways suits you is the best way to give up!
I hope everything is going well for you and that you are starting to feel the benefits of not smoking. I still can't get off my e-cig but find that I am so much healthier and I spend less in a month on e-cigs than I did in a week on real cigarettes so definitely better for my finances. My friend is trying to give up again so I don't feel so isolated now. Stay positive, there are so many people who have stopped using Champix so it certainly works.

I had to stop the tabs I fell pregnant lol. Must say slipped and had a couple cigs but I have an Allen Carr book in the post so shall try again :) x

I had to stop the tabs I fell pregnant lol. Must say slipped and had a couple cigs but I have an Allen Carr book in the post so shall try again :) x

Congratulations on your good news! It will be great motivation for you and with Allen Carr to help too, you will do it. Look after yourself.

Thanks very much. I need to give up the cigs for sure now plus just bought a car so need the fag money to pay for it :) x

Just a quick update, so chuffed that I have made it through Christmas & New Year and still smoke free :bunnydance: There were a few tempting moments but I made it through, I hope that this means I can keep going! :D Thanks for all your support, have a good 2013.

Well done Katie, glad you haven't had a cig in so long.

I've given up as well now , haven't smoked since the 16 december, even managed to resist new year when someone decided to bring some cigars to celebrate, but I just about mznaged to say no.

Hope your success carries on,

Nigel

Thanks & well done to you too, if you can manage Christmas & New Year you are on a winner. That's 1 month today, brilliant!!

Wow well done!

I am 12 months today smoke free! I am so pleased! It can be done and is such a great feeling! I done it with Allan Carr so didnt struggle with putting weight on.You too have done so well! Hope your friend is inspired by your success x

Wow well done!

I am 12 months today smoke free! I am so pleased! It can be done and is such a great feeling! I done it with Allan Carr so didnt struggle with putting weight on.You too have done so well! Hope your friend is inspired by your success x
Well done on 1 year smoke free, that is brilliant!!
I am now looking at ways to get off the e-cig but pretty sure I won't be going back to the tar & poisons I used to enjoy :confused:. I have been going to the gym since November so my weight is now getting under control again.
My friend has now stopped again because she is expecting her first baby in April so it gave her the push to stop again and I am so proud of her. She has used patches and has done so well, and looks great :D .

Keep up the great work.

Just an update, I'm still not smoking:D, hubby is:rolleyes: and my friend is still not smoking following the birth of her little boy Louie :D! Yeah, Keep going folks.

Quick update, coming up to 2 years since I smoked a real cigarette :bunnydance:, husband still smoking (inside the house now too:eek:). My stop smoking buddy is also still off them, following her blip and 2 more friends have stopped for over 4 months because they thought that if I can maybe they could!!

I am so pleased and I have finally realised that once my head was in the right place it did make things easier, although I have had some tough times along the way.

Just needed to log this for my own record - I started smoking again on Boxing day 2016 after 4 years and 11 months without a cigarette. I know the reason I crumbled but struggled to stop smoking again, the cost is ridiculous so today I am trying to stop again - here's hoping!

Back