Thank you ... and good night !

Feeling much more positive!

Today has been a much better day so far. My mindset is far more positive and I have sailed through the day without hearing from my chatterbox once!

I have the dreaded Friday night dinner but no matter what I am NOT going to eat chicken tonight, I am going to have two weeks of complete abstinence before I go into Management.

Feeling a bit peev'd because I have just realised that I have booked our holiday to centre parcs the same weekend as my daughters dance exams which happen twice yearly and she started the week after the last lot and will be desparately unhappy that she is going to miss it. So it looks as if I will have to drive her back an hour and a half for a half hour exam to drive back up to the lakes for an hour and a half afterwards :mad: :mad: :mad:

Daily Record

First thing in the morning weight: 11st 8 lbs Down one on yesterday.
Exercise: None so far but plan on a walk later and will definately be doing half hours worth of toning before I go to bed (planned on doing them this morning before I got dressed but got a knock on the door and had to run up to get dressed as some fella needed advice on setting up a business)
Water: Good so far done over 2 litres.
Foodpacks: About to have my second but then it is only lunch time. Did all four yesterday.
Time out for me: Nope!
Other food consumed throughout the day: None but today is a hard day as it is our Friday night dinner tonight and I always struggle. I am determined to stay abstinent and will be going for a walk when everyone else is eating.

wheyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyyy
WELL DONE YOU HUN YOUR BACK ON TRACK :D :D :D

The Friday Night Dinner thingy just think how you have got through it in the past few months and try and see it will be over so quickly.Last night I wanted crisps allllllllll evening it was terrible then I thought if I do I will blow it!
You can get through this just save a pack for the friday night meal and try imagion your having the same thing.
Im so so pleased your back in the ss land,shows me we can do this
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
XXc

wheyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyyy
WELL DONE YOU HUN YOUR BACK ON TRACK :D :D :D

The Friday Night Dinner thingy just think how you have got through it in the past few months and try and see it will be over so quickly.Last night I wanted crisps allllllllll evening it was terrible then I thought if I do I will blow it!
You can get through this just save a pack for the friday night meal and try imagion your having the same thing.
Im so so pleased your back in the ss land,shows me we can do this
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
XXc

I certainly am back on track!! Friday's have been difficult all the way through, because we have a big family dinner and I hate it, I don't sit down with everyone because I find then that I feel deprived so I tend to play with my niece instead. The past two Fridays I have eaten a slice of chicken but want to stay abstinent today and that is therefore going to be a real challenge.

I normally don't have a problem with SSing - but I realised last night when talking to my LLC that part of the problem was my inability to stop beating myself up because I had a bread roll - for some reason my crooked thinking had turned that into the thing that would make me fail - because I had some bread and butter when actually all I did was have a small roll and a tiny scraping of butter - nothing more than that and certainly not the thing to have "blown it" which is how I was thinking.

This is why the counselling has been so invaluable for me - because without that I would have indeed blown it - I was teetering right on the edge.

Sorry that reply got a bit long didn't it??

Hi flopster,

I found when I got down to 11st. 6lbs. I was not ready for the slim body...it is a strange think the mind and I felt naked without my fat suit and I guess in a way I panicked:eek:

Never could I have imagined that I could go back into the thirteens again and back to being obese...but this is what happened.

So thread carefully now over the next few weeks and give your head time to catch up and adjust to the new you.

Your CBT will be now of more value probably than at any other time to sort out what is happening...I would be very interested in the feed back as I know I could learn from it.

Love Mini xxx

I certainly am back on track!! Friday's have been difficult all the way through, because we have a big family dinner and I hate it, I don't sit down with everyone because I find then that I feel deprived so I tend to play with my niece instead. The past two Fridays I have eaten a slice of chicken but want to stay abstinent today and that is therefore going to be a real challenge.

I normally don't have a problem with SSing - but I realised last night when talking to my LLC that part of the problem was my inability to stop beating myself up because I had a bread roll - for some reason my crooked thinking had turned that into the thing that would make me fail - because I had some bread and butter when actually all I did was have a small roll and a tiny scraping of butter - nothing more than that and certainly not the thing to have "blown it" which is how I was thinking.

This is why the counselling has been so invaluable for me - because without that I would have indeed blown it - I was teetering right on the edge.

Sorry that reply got a bit long didn't it??

That was a great reply that explained how your feeling.Can you not come on here when everyones eating?Or is there no net access?You felt you'd blown it because you ate what were not meant to I can see the logic in that,everyday I wrestle with my willpower and My chatterbox and my will power is winning :) but today is really hard for me :confused: maybe because were buying a house and it looks like theres problems and were meant to be moving in 3-4 weeks or maybe because its got colder?
You know your not alone here and tonight will be gone in a flash along with all those other Fridays you have got through :) Is it at your house?If so can you explain to your family you need to go out until the meal is over?Can you go round a friends house or go for a walk?
I'll be thinking of you as Im having a wobbly day to
((((HUGS))))
xxc

Hi flopster,

I found when I got down to 11st. 6lbs. I was not ready for the slim body...it is a strange think the mind and I felt naked without my fat suit and I guess in a way I panicked:eek:

Never could I have imagined that I could go back into the thirteens again and back to being obese...but this is what happened.

So thread carefully now over the next few weeks and give your head time to catch up and adjust to the new you.

Your CBT will be now of more value probably than at any other time to sort out what is happening...I would be very interested in the feed back as I know I could learn from it.

Love Mini xxx

The CBT has been very invaluable to me (as you know I am fairly passionate about it) and I think that having done thought records on this and looking at my situation and my own personal standpoint logically I know that I am ready for management.

I can always opt to loose more weight at a slower rate "after" and my life plan actually includes joining weightwatchers to maintain my weight (or similar I am still looking into the options).

I would much rather go into management and learn to reintroduce food now than struggle on for a while and maybe destroy the good work I have done so far and even not make management - last night I *really* didn't want to go for the weigh in - it was on my mind all day and I was on the verge of completely totally and utterly losing the plot and that for me could be the worst thing that happens.

I am happy with my body image - I wanted to lose some weight but I just don't have a hankering to be "thin" it is so hard to describe why not though but my problem is that I always have been comfortable with who I am, it hasn't held back any success being over weight and it never inhibited me but I was very aware that other people's perceptions were more of a problem than my own.

In LL you are shown a DVD each week and there are always stories of these poor down troden overweight women whose lives were transformed by losing the weight but I have never felt like a victim because of my weight, if anything it helped me in many ways as I wasn't a "threat" to any of my buyers and it meant that I could be "bigger" in terms of personality and dnyamicness and I think that people always saw me as a bit excentric (which I suppose I am). I was a clothes addict before and had loads of lovely clothes and I am still a clothes addict now!

I lost weight as I suffer from health anxieties since losing someone close to me and thought this may help those if nothing else although I don't actually think it will really make a huge difference, I think the thought records will help more with that!!

Writing this diary has been very very cathartic for me (is that the right word - probably not lol) - I feel "accountable" by writing it all down but it has also meant that I have a great record on my thoughts and really nothing has changed all the way through although the final figure has gone up or down a bit depending on my mood but my real outcomes are exactly the same!

Thanks for showing an interest :)

That was a great reply that explained how your feeling.Can you not come on here when everyones eating?Or is there no net access?You felt you'd blown it because you ate what were not meant to I can see the logic in that,everyday I wrestle with my willpower and My chatterbox and my will power is winning :) but today is really hard for me :confused: maybe because were buying a house and it looks like theres problems and were meant to be moving in 3-4 weeks or maybe because its got colder?
You know your not alone here and tonight will be gone in a flash along with all those other Fridays you have got through :) Is it at your house?If so can you explain to your family you need to go out until the meal is over?Can you go round a friends house or go for a walk?
I'll be thinking of you as Im having a wobbly day to
((((HUGS))))
xxc

I came home - I dropped the kids, helped my mum set the table and I have come home - my husband will bring the kids home later. I am going to go have a long hot bath in peace and quiet.

Are you ok?

You will be fine

Whats this mission everyone is talking about? I cant find the post. If its anything about losing weight then I want to join it too if I can!!

Whats this mission everyone is talking about? I cant find the post. If its anything about losing weight then I want to join it too if I can!!

I posted a bit of a mammoth post last night - here it is - basically I asked for help to keep me on the straight and narrow:-

I lost a pound, not earth shattering or ground breaking, but it was a loss and not the suspected gain!

I had a good long chat with my LLC about going into management and she thought my reasons were sound and made in adult mode. For the record they are:-
  • I am happy with the size I am.
  • I have achieved all my goals that I set at the beginning
  • I am happy to re-evaluate the goals I set at the beginning but don't feel any great need to get lower.
  • There is a difference between LIKING to get lower and WANTING to get lower. I would like to go lower but don't want to (ie, I'm not hungry for it).
  • My reasons for going lower would be to please other people - my husband, the doctors (in terms of getting into a normal BMI), but for me I am happy where I am.
  • I have very loose skin and so won't be able to wear a bikini or mini skirt anyway.
  • I am happily married and I don't feel the need to have a body perfect for him - where I am now is a huge improvement on where I was and he is happy with that too.
  • The only way my boobs and tummy are going to shrink considerably is by having surgery - I may loose a bit more but not a significant amount as the skin is now predominately loose.
  • My face and neck are now very slim - too much more and I am going to look ill and drawn - people are already beginning to comment that I look drawn.
I am now comfortable that at some point soon I am going into Management. I am going to see how I get on this week, I would like to loose another half stone to give me a buffer and therefore if I can work hard at this and manage to loose that half stone I will be delighted.

So that is my plan, to work hard at this for the next couple of weeks which takes me through to the end of the bonfire challenge when I said I would go into Management anyway. I am also going to take the pressure off myself to get to 10 and a half stone because you know ... I don't really want to, it was just a figure I decided sounded nice and rounded anyway :)

So your mission should you choose to accept it, is to keep me on the straight and narrow for the next couple of weeks!!

I posted a bit of a mammoth post last night - here it is - basically I asked for help to keep me on the straight and narrow:-

Hi Flopster

Im a bit of Newbie but will do my very very best! ;)

I think you are doing the right thing though. If your happy then there is no reason for you continue. You started off to make yourself happy and now that you are happy with the weight you are, that means you have reached Goal!

So Congratulations for reaching Goal and Hope Management Goes well!!

You all failed your mission!!

Ho hum, was doing really well today, lots of water, no nibbling, nice walk in a park with friends, then I invited them back for tea - stopping at Asda on the way home as I had nothing in!

Picked up a couple of big pizzas and made a pasta bake with lots of cream and cheese thrown in for good measure.

And of course I nibbled - I probably had the equivalent of two or three table spoons full (a piece of pasta ata time) and two bites of pizza.

Then to top it all off I had a couple of pieces of cadbury's chocolate treat size (so not a huge amount of chocolate by any stretch of the imagination but still disappointing).

I just don't know what the matter with me is, but, I just don't seem to be able to get back onto the wagon.

I think the time has come to go into management and then I think I will be trying to lose the last half stone/stone by traditional dieting methods - I have bought a couple of dieting magazines today and think I am going to follow a low GI type food system and trying to adapt it for life. I was just reading about superfoods and it sems to be very similar to low GI which I think more and more is the way for me to go - tasty and colourful food that is healthy and good for you.

I am feeling very dispondent and disappointed that I haven't shifted this last half stone but there is no point in continuing if I am going to nibble and pick all the time, I would rather shift gear and get onto a healthy eating and living plan asap.

I am feeling very dispondent and disappointed that I haven't shifted this last half stone but there is no point in continuing if I am going to nibble and pick all the time, I would rather shift gear and get onto a healthy eating and living plan asap.

Sounds like a plan - better to decide to do this than to fall into it.

Hi Flopster,

The last bit is always the hardest, so near to goal.

Maybe your body is telling you that it is time to do management, you might even lose the half stone this way.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Ya Flopster

I dont understand why you say you failed. Look at how much weight you have lost already!! And you have said that you are now happy with your weight and would only be doing it for others. If your happy with your weight then that was your goal.

Get into management and stop beating yourself up!! You have done what many people who start VLCDs struggle to do. You made it your lifestyle until you got the bulk of the weight off and that is admirable!!

PS. Sorry if I sound like Im being harsh, its just you have already done what I am struggling to do right now. So Im looking at a different perspective.

Sounds like a plan - better to decide to do this than to fall into it.

Thanks DQ, I think that in order to be successful on a VLCD you have to be 100% committed to it mentally and I'm not feeling that way at all which means that it is probably time to move on. I think I will see how I get on between now and Thursday (either my next development class or my first managemet class) and make a decision then. I don't want to just nibble my way into a weight gain and need to take control again.

Hi Flopster,

The last bit is always the hardest, so near to goal.

Maybe your body is telling you that it is time to do management, you might even lose the half stone this way.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini, I think you are right. I have lost another lb this morning taking me to 11st 6 lbs (probably all the walking) and today I am going to take it hour by hour, minute by minute which is all any of us can do really. I feel encouraged by the small overnight loss. I have started to plan a low GI and superfoods lifestyle for us all, I am going to go buy a scrap book so that I can start by putting together some fabulous recipies "after" - I have now felt a major shift in thinking now and feel ready to move on, do management then see about losing the last half stone or so.

Hi Ya Flopster

I dont understand why you say you failed. Look at how much weight you have lost already!! And you have said that you are now happy with your weight and would only be doing it for others. If your happy with your weight then that was your goal.

Get into management and stop beating yourself up!! You have done what many people who start VLCDs struggle to do. You made it your lifestyle until you got the bulk of the weight off and that is admirable!!

PS. Sorry if I sound like Im being harsh, its just you have already done what I am struggling to do right now. So Im looking at a different perspective.

Hi Happygal, you aren't sounding harsh at all, you are damn right in the grand scheme of things I have achieved what I set out to do. It is the here and now I am struggling with and am really worried that I am going to lose the plot now which is probably most dieters fears.

I will be heading into management, I feel that the time is right, although it is a couple of weeks earlier than I had planned, I think I would rather do that than carry on battling and struggling for the next couple of weeks and go in with a poor mental attitude.

You say you are struggling - is there anything I can do to help you?

Daily Record

First thing in the morning weight: 11st 6 lbs Down two on yesterday.
Exercise: Just about to embark on a walk with my eldest daughter - I am walking her to a birthday party about 20 minutes away up a very steep hill (normally would take the car).
Water: Not great so far, about to up it!
Foodpacks: Just a bar so far, going to take my packs a bit later today to see if that helps with the evening hunger.
Time out for me: Sort of, not as much as I would have liked but I had a lie in this morning and I had a nice long shower and spent a good while dry brushing and moisturising!
Other food consumed throughout the day: None so far but as you all know it is early in the day yet !! :cool:

You ARE still in control floppy one!

How Fab! - you have made a decision about what you want to do, and are looking into how to do it - you know what this means don't you? YOU ARE STILL IN CONTROL!

You've done so brilliantly and you know what, if you have had enough of doing one thing and need to do another - hey, that's fine. :D

DO WHATEVER IS RIGHT FOR YOU!

You're a real star and need to know that too! :)

Don't be hard on yourself - you have spotted where you need to be going and how to get there and that is an immense step to doing it! :eek: :D

Thanks DQ, I think that in order to be successful on a VLCD you have to be 100% committed to it mentally and I'm not feeling that way at all which means that it is probably time to move on. I think I will see how I get on between now and Thursday (either my next development class or my first managemet class) and make a decision then. I don't want to just nibble my way into a weight gain and need to take control again.

Thanks Mini, I think you are right. I have lost another lb this morning taking me to 11st 6 lbs (probably all the walking) and today I am going to take it hour by hour, minute by minute which is all any of us can do really. I feel encouraged by the small overnight loss. I have started to plan a low GI and superfoods lifestyle for us all, I am going to go buy a scrap book so that I can start by putting together some fabulous recipies "after" - I have now felt a major shift in thinking now and feel ready to move on, do management then see about losing the last half stone or so.

Hi Happygal, you aren't sounding harsh at all, you are damn right in the grand scheme of things I have achieved what I set out to do. It is the here and now I am struggling with and am really worried that I am going to lose the plot now which is probably most dieters fears.

I will be heading into management, I feel that the time is right, although it is a couple of weeks earlier than I had planned, I think I would rather do that than carry on battling and struggling for the next couple of weeks and go in with a poor mental attitude.

You say you are struggling - is there anything I can do to help you?

Hi Ya

I was struggling yesterday because of what I have now termed emotional hunger. It was after a bit of a row with my other half and I just felt so low without energy and hungry. I eventually identitified it as emotional hunger and made myself CD crisps. But Im sure I will be needing your help and the help of others in the future, so you will hear my distant call!! :rolleyes:

As for you!! Wow what a job you have done. You have been able to SS in the past and cut out all conventional food. So what makes you think that you cant cut out bad foods and only have them on the odd occasion!! I think thats whats great about going on the journey with this diet. You have showed food who is boss and you will continue to be able to do that!! :)

So dont be fearful!! Smile and bask in your victory because your won the battle of the bulge!! :D :D :D

Back