Thank you ... and good night !

Quick update, I lost another 3lbs this week which I am delighted with - that means half a stone in two weeks and well and truly on track to hit my 10 st 7lbs for the bonfire challenge.

Thanks Irene, I am actually feeling pretty rotten, my stomach has been "off" tonight, and my throat is very sore. I am going to head to bed soon.

But I am a size 14 :) :) :) :)

Poor you Flopster with a nasty sore throat, but as you say very happy to be a size 14!!!

Good for you!

Don't let go of that lovely feeling of fitting into a size 14!!!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini, I am turning off now, it is actually the dodgy tum that is worse right now as I feel very icky, I just hope it doesn't lead to a night of throwing up ...

I won't let go of that feeling believe me, I am floating on air at the moment, I have hit my personal goal but am giving myself to complete the bonfire challenge before I start maintenance as I feel anything extra now is a bonus - despite still be classed as obese - I am very happy with how I look now!

Daily Record

First thing in the morning weight: 11st 6.5 lbs
Exercise: A few toning exercises but not much as my stomach is "off".
Water:5 litres at least.
Foodpacks: 3 - my stomach is too off to have the last.
Time out for me: No chance but roll on tomorrow - I get a whole day!
Other food consumed throughout the day: A slice of roast chicken (planned) and a teaspoon of chopped liver. One jaffa cake (duh - unplanned).

I think I think too much.

I don't know what to do! When do you know when to stop?

When I started LL on June 26th my main goal was to be able to walk into any shop and buy a size 14.

Well guess what I am there! My credit card and I are going shopping today and I am going to buy some things in a size 14 as my 16s are now too big.

But, my dilema is do I stop now or carry on?

A lot of people are now telling me to stop, including someone I trust implicitly who says that my face, neck and shoulders are looking tiny and that I am in danger of looking drawn and ill - in fact several times people have said that I look drawn and ill as I get quite peaky looking at the best of times, especially when tired and stressed.

But I still have a massive roll of fat on my tummy and my legs are dire!

OK I look great in clothes but I don't look great naked. I always knew that I wouldn't, I have been fat far too long and have always said (and still do) that I am fine with that really becauseI am happily married, I don't feel the need to parade round stark bollock naked (apart from at home) and in some ways my loose skin is a great reminder that I NEVER want to go back to where I have come from.

I am also very mindful that this can be really addictive and even though I have said that I am moving on to management after the bonfire challenge, I am already making noises that I may carry on for a bit longer.

I am borderline overweight/obese but I have always said that I have no desire whatsoever to hit normal BMI as I am sure that is too low for me.

I am going to take advice and go and get some decent fitting bras today (and I am having my hair cut and coloured as well), I am going to go on a personal shopping experience as well in a couple of weeks.

I am probably going to continue to see if I can shift this last stone or as near as damn it over the course of the next month as planned but am struggling to stay on the programme and have always said that I will stop when I am comfortably in a 14s.

Bah, I think I think too much!

Here are my reasons for doing this diet, copied directly from my first diary entry on DH:-

Having read a lot of the other diaries on here, I have decided to start my own, mainly for my own benefit as I like talking to myself but also I am hoping that others will help and encourage me as I go.

Firstly so that I don't lose focus on why I am doing this, here are my hopes/aims:-

* I want to be able to fit into size 14 per una or next clothes.
DONE!

* I want to go back after the school holidays and be the best part of three stone lighter - I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the other mums who just see me as the "blob". I am definately the fatest mum in both kids classes and that is one of my main motivators.
Well this didn't quite happen as we changed schools but I still see people from the old school and they can't get over the change. Today I had one of the new mums over for coffee whom I didn't know before the change in schools and I showed her my start picture and she couldn't believe that was ever me, she said it looked nothing like me now! Her reaction was very funny actually.

* I want to live - I know there are no guarantees that I won't get cancer but being this over weight will not be helping. I don't want to spend any more time worrying at night that I am going to get a blood clot in my leg because of inactivity.
Well who knows about this one - there are no guarantees in life at all.

* My legs got very chapped during the recent hot spell. I desparately hate that feeling and can't wait until the don't chaff.
Now I just have the loose skin flapping around! But my legs do look good in skinny jeans lol!

* I am sure that I will be taken more seriously as a business woman without the blubber - I know people see the fat when I walk into a room rather than the person inside the fat. It is time that changed.
Again this is a hard one to quantify, I certainly feel more confident in the business arena because of my appearance so that will probably impact positively on sales, etc.

I have had people telling me to stop the diet since I hit about 13 stone (I'm 10st 7lbs now) :D :rolleyes:

My trouble is that my top half lost the weight very quickly and that is what people see. They can't see my belly, bum or legs and I dress to make the most of my shape so these bits are diguised very nicely. As it was, once the weight had come off the top then it started to go off my waist, hips legs and bum and stopped coming off my top for a while so if I had stopped then I wouldn't have seen this.

The only way you are going to be able to tell when to stop is to be very honest about yourself.

Make sure that if you decide to stop it is for the right reasons rather than just a chance to eat again. I'm not saying that this will be an issue for you but it was certainly something I was mindful of :(

Also consider where your loses are now coming from. If they are coming from your skinny bits and not your larger bits then is it worth continuing? As I said, the weight started to come off my problem areas as I continued but if it doesn't then this could this just accentuate your problem areas because proportion is as important in the way you look as size or weight itself.

I also came to the conclusion that the diet wouldn't fix it all for me. The bits I need to sort out to get my proportions right are only going to be fixed by exercising and all the dieting in the world won't fix won't help which is a bummer because I can be bothered to diet and am not so good at the exercise portion (thank god for horse riding).

The risks to health are well know and documented and I don't think they are refuted (could be wrong there but I couldn't find anything). BMI, waist/hip ratio and body fat ratio are all factors. It is worth reducing your risks but not at the expense of other factors in my opinion.

For example I am slim, I can get into size 10's on my hips. My body fat is 30.2%, my BMI is 23 but my waist hip ratio is 0.833 which is above the 0.8 recommended ratio. There is not a bloody thing I can do to affect this too much. The ratio was actually better when I was heavier! :rolleyes: Typical!

In short, if you decide it is time to stop then make sure it is for the right reasons. I really wanted to eat with my family, I wanted to feel a part of life, I have a tendancy to self sbaotage...all of which could have led me down the wrong path. I knew this was a danger and so I analysed my reasons for stopping more than 1/2 stone above my target to make sure that I was making the right choice for me :)

Good luck flopster with whatever you decide. As always I'm here to back you up :D

Hmm so much to think about. I agree with chicken though about really being honest with yourself.
I keep saying i am going to stop now - i've lost enough. My mum especially is reinforcing this by telling me i'm getting 'too' thin.
In reality though i still have 2 stone to go. I know I havent achieved what i want to yet i'm just looking for a get out clause!!

If you can honestly say you are happy then good on you - you have achieved so much and I have no doubt you can maintain the slim you.

You know i'm here for you whatever your decision. :)

Wow, congratulations on meeting your targets hun :)

Not much I can add to the posts above, they cover everything so well.

I'd just say though, do it so you feel happy not because others think you should stop. It will stop any self doubt creeping in :)

Kitty xxx

I was in a similar postion. People were telling me to stop long before I felt ready. I still had the tum, though my ribs were sticking out :eek:

I did keep going and found that the last stone, stone and a half came just off my stomach. Nothing more off anywhere else :)

When I put on a few pounds on holiday, it went straight to my tum. Got it off again though.

To get the rest of my body looking less skinny, I'd have to put on a fair amount of weight. So, I've stuck to where I am cos I can see my stomach more than my face (not being a mirror person and all that:D)

There is a bit of a problem with listening to friends...even the most trustworthy, as they tend to see us from a different angle. They remember us bigger.

I always wanted to get the opinions from someone in the street who didn't know me as big.

As for the BMI, I was 100% convinced that I would never get in the normal range. Big hands, big feet, big head :D

Surprisingly I have done, and it's not as bad as I thought ;)

So yes, it's difficult isn't it. I remember feeling exactly the same. Just never sure when to stop. I guess that as long as you're in the overweight catagory, you shouldn't be too worried.

Maybe even try getting really close to it and re-evaluating. It's very easy to put the weight back on, not so easy to start again if you change your mind after coming off.

Sorry to reply to everyone all in one post like this but it is actually nice to have it all together iykwim?

I was in a similar postion. People were telling me to stop long before I felt ready. I still had the tum, though my ribs were sticking out :eek:

I did keep going and found that the last stone, stone and a half came just off my stomach. Nothing more off anywhere else :)

There is a bit of a problem with listening to friends...even the most trustworthy, as they tend to see us from a different angle. They remember us bigger.

Thank you for replying and sorry to chop your whole post down like that but these are the two issues that really stuck out for me.

Thank you for telling me the last stone or so came off your stomach, that is actually a massive help because that is where all the excess is now, right on my stomach.

The girl that told me enough was enough actually didn't know me at my heaviest and so was very neutral. I think that is why I was so bothered about it. She wasn't in a position where she would be worried about me as competition (I am going to explain more about that statement in my next diary thread) or have any other negative reason to say it.

I am going to stick with the plan until the 9th November as originally planned and take it from there. I go away for a weekend on the 10th so I make actually not head straight into management I may need an extra week or so if I put on a bit of weight whilst away.

Wow, congratulations on meeting your targets hun :)

Not much I can add to the posts above, they cover everything so well.

I'd just say though, do it so you feel happy not because others think you should stop. It will stop any self doubt creeping in :)

Kitty xxx

Thanks Kitty. You are of course 100% right and this is my journey nobody else's!

In reality though i still have 2 stone to go. I know I havent achieved what i want to yet i'm just looking for a get out clause!!

If you can honestly say you are happy then good on you - you have achieved so much and I have no doubt you can maintain the slim you.

You know i'm here for you whatever your decision. :)

Thanks Helen, I am going to continue down, until after the bonfire challenge and take it from there. I did achieve my original goals but maybe they need reassessing as maybe they weren't "low" enough.

I was happy last night, I had size 14s on from Next and half way through the night I had to ask my husband to check the size as they kept falling down and my friend commented that they were actually baggy on my bum. Maybe I should have tried the 12s on :eek:

I have had people telling me to stop the diet since I hit about 13 stone (I'm 10st 7lbs now) :D :rolleyes:

My trouble is that my top half lost the weight very quickly and that is what people see. They can't see my belly, bum or legs and I dress to make the most of my shape so these bits are diguised very nicely. As it was, once the weight had come off the top then it started to go off my waist, hips legs and bum and stopped coming off my top for a while so if I had stopped then I wouldn't have seen this.

The only way you are going to be able to tell when to stop is to be very honest about yourself.

Make sure that if you decide to stop it is for the right reasons rather than just a chance to eat again. I'm not saying that this will be an issue for you but it was certainly something I was mindful of :(

Also consider where your loses are now coming from. If they are coming from your skinny bits and not your larger bits then is it worth continuing? As I said, the weight started to come off my problem areas as I continued but if it doesn't then this could this just accentuate your problem areas because proportion is as important in the way you look as size or weight itself.

I also came to the conclusion that the diet wouldn't fix it all for me. The bits I need to sort out to get my proportions right are only going to be fixed by exercising and all the dieting in the world won't fix won't help which is a bummer because I can be bothered to diet and am not so good at the exercise portion (thank god for horse riding).

Good luck flopster with whatever you decide. As always I'm here to back you up :D

Crikey CoM you touched on a fair few raw nerves here with me lol!

I have said from the beginning this is MY journey and I am controlling it (or not as the case often is) MY way.

My mum has been warning me to stablise for a while, my husband pushing me to lose more. Both seem to be doing it to annoy the other and therefore I am ignoring both of their advice and cracking on with my journey my way lol!

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said about looking out of proportion and accentuating the problem areas. I will however get through to 9th November and take another decision then.

I have just been looking at all my photos from July through to those taken last night and the difference month on month is staggering. I can't wait to see how the next stone down actually looks and that is a major motivator.

I do need to exercise more, I am sure exercising will help tone because my belly is like a trampoline, it is so loose and flabby and the only way that is going to help is by toning. We were talking about that last night and we may join a gym as a family.

Thanks again for your support and a great reply.

What a fab day!

This is yesterday's daily record - note the ME time (whoohooo)!

Daily Record

First thing in the morning weight: 11st 6 lbs
Exercise: Walking miles and miles and miles round the shops!
Water:About 3.5 litres
Foodpacks: All 4.
Time out for me: A whole day. I got my hair done in the morning then got the tram into town and spent the whole day shopping.
Other food consumed throughout the day: NOTHING!!!

I had a lovely day clothes shopping yesterday, although found it quite frustrating that what I had in my minds eye to buy I couldn't find anywhere. But I tried on clothes in monsoon, next, wallis and M&S and had no problems fitting into anything.

I ended up with a size 14 jeans from Next which in retrospect were too big - I spent the night last night pulling them up and even wondered at one point if I had bought 16s instead. I also got a nice "going out" top from Next which was the first thing I tried on but didn't get because it wasn't what I had in mind - FIVE hours later though I went back for it lol.

I had my hair cut and coloured as well yesterday.

We went out with friends last night and something dawned on me - I am suddenly a "threat" where other women are concerned now - I have obviously gone from being someone that others can bob along with quite happily because there is no way anyone would fancy me to be someone who is held a bit at arms length where husbands are concerned - like I want or need someone else's husband when I have my own!!

I was told by my "friend" that I had lost enough, that it wasn't necessary to flaunt my cleavage (my top went to just about a centimeter lower than the very top of my cleavage) and that I was beginning to look drawn. I also wasn't allowed to sit next to her husband which has never been a problem before lol!

I took it all as a huge compliment. :) :) :)

I did look and feel great though, I can't believe MY legs looked so good in jeans!

Still on a major high today lol!

That is brilliant thread!! You finally got some you time - you went shopping for hours - you stuck to the plan - and you had a fab evening!! Doesnt get much better than that honey!!! :)

Keep at it you are doing so well - your head is still in the right place and that is so fantastic considering the hard time you've had recently.
Good on you and we'll have more threads like this please ;)

Thanks Helen, just read your thread, seems you have had a bit of a rough few days, hope you are feeling better soon.

Today was a "big day" for me. It was a planned meal out (shock horror) and I have been a little concerned about how I would cope with it!

I went down to London for a "women of achievement" lunch - which was an amazing experience, there were a lot of famous or influential people there and I was a little star struck to say the least!!

I got the train down and my ticket on the way there was for first class (which was actually cheaper than my standard return ticket). They were giving complimentary breakfasts and even though the sausage on toast (or vege sausage in my case) was shouting my name, I decided to treat myself on this special day to scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.

When I got to the very posh 5***** hotel I was offered a glass of champagne which I just took one sip of and walked round with.

Lunch was all fancy food (and thankfully tiny portions), there was a pepper and beansprout mix thing in a tiny noodle basket to start. Main course was some little pigeon thing (can't remember what it was now) but it wasn't cooked properly and was pink in the middle so I had literally a taste of that with the veg and a tiny taste of potatos.

I did however have a bread roll with butter which was my only none-sensible choice of the day.

I nibbled on the desert which was fruit brulie (or however it spelt). I finished with a black coffee and avoided the belgium chocolates and petit fours!

I have just had a soup and am about to go try out the recipie for a mars bar that I have just seen on the LL forum.

The day itself was brilliant and something that you only get to experience once in a lifetime.

Hi Flopster, I'm so glad you had a great day....Congrats on losing so much weight and making the sensible choices at the lunch!! I was reading wat you wrote a couple of days ago about people saying you have lost enough weight, stop when YOU feel like stopping, its your body and you can be whatever size and weight you want to be, regardless of what other people might say....bear in mind jealousy can come into play when people see you so much happier..

Oh, and well done on the size 14s slipping down, I will settle for my 16's actually fitting for the moment!!

Hi Ya

Its great you have a diary here because Im not a member of DH!!

It's all in the mind!

Thanks Happygirl and Kazz (Kazz size 16s will be there before you know it!!)

Today has been a hard day! I have spent the day starving believing I was out of ketosis, I had a lunch meeting and my chatterbox definately wanted me to have a chicken salad but I resisted and had a LL bar instead!

I could eat a scabby horse I am that hungry. My chatterbox insisted I did a ketostix probably so that I could say to myself well you are out of ketosis go on you have permission to eat something. So I duly pished on the stick and it turned BRIGHT PINK!! OMG! I am gobsmaked, the hunger is obviously emotional rather than physical and whilst I am still hungry I have noticed over the past half hour since pishing on that stick that I am not as starving as I was!

See it is all in the mind ...

I bought some cheapo clothes from Primark today for the first time ever - including a pair of size 12 combats - I haven't tried them on and don't expect them to fit but thought for the sake of a tenner I would get them anyway as an incentive to get them to fit. I also got a couple of tops and a coat for £15!!! I have never bought a coat for £15 before lol!

Daily Record

First thing in the morning weight: 11st 7 lbs (up 2lb on Sunday but what did I expect, after yesterday! Just weighed myself as well and I am up another 2lbs on that, grrrr!)
Exercise: Loads and loads of walking.
Water: Not great only about 2.5 litres so far.
Foodpacks: Just about to have my last pack.
Time out for me: Yes, I went shopping today in Primark both before and after my meeting!
Other food consumed throughout the day: None!!! (and I'm not going to either)

I bought some cheapo clothes from Primark today for the first time ever - including a pair of size 12 combats - I haven't tried them on and don't expect them to fit but thought for the sake of a tenner I would get them anyway as an incentive to get them to fit. I also got a couple of tops and a coat for £15!!! I have never bought a coat for £15 before lol!

I miss Primark..or Penneys as its called at home!! When I go back to Dublin at Christmas I will be stocking up on cheap as chips gear to see me through the next few months lol

You are doing so so fab....cant wait to read ur post when you reach goal!!

Back