Thank you ... and good night !

Daily Record

First thing in the morning weight: 11st 6 lbs Down two on yesterday.
Exercise: Just about to embark on a walk with my eldest daughter - I am walking her to a birthday party about 20 minutes away up a very steep hill (normally would take the car).
Water: Not great so far, about to up it!
Foodpacks: Just a bar so far, going to take my packs a bit later today to see if that helps with the evening hunger.
Time out for me: Sort of, not as much as I would have liked but I had a lie in this morning and I had a nice long shower and spent a good while dry brushing and moisturising!
Other food consumed throughout the day: None so far but as you all know it is early in the day yet !! :cool:

Hi Flopster,

Congrats on getting down to 11st. 6lbs. nice place to be and I think Claire has made some very good points in her posts and as FFNF has said you are in control!

You have to claim what you have already achieved this is so important as you have worked hard to get this far and now it is yours.

Water stave's off hunger and gives energy and you feel better for it.

How Fab! - you have made a decision about what you want to do, and are looking into how to do it - you know what this means don't you? YOU ARE STILL IN CONTROL!

You've done so brilliantly and you know what, if you have had enough of doing one thing and need to do another - hey, that's fine. :D

DO WHATEVER IS RIGHT FOR YOU!

You're a real star and need to know that too! :)

Don't be hard on yourself - you have spotted where you need to be going and how to get there and that is an immense step to doing it! :eek: :D

Awww thank you FFF, that is so kind of you, sometimes you just get lost in the "here and now" and you are right it is important to look back and evaluate where you have come from.

The time is definately right for me to move on to the next phase - this isn't a stop, it is just time for the next part of the journey.

Hi Ya

I was struggling yesterday because of what I have now termed emotional hunger. It was after a bit of a row with my other half and I just felt so low without energy and hungry. I eventually identitified it as emotional hunger and made myself CD crisps. But Im sure I will be needing your help and the help of others in the future, so you will hear my distant call!! :rolleyes:

As for you!! Wow what a job you have done. You have been able to SS in the past and cut out all conventional food. So what makes you think that you cant cut out bad foods and only have them on the odd occasion!! I think thats whats great about going on the journey with this diet. You have showed food who is boss and you will continue to be able to do that!! :)

So dont be fearful!! Smile and bask in your victory because your won the battle of the bulge!! :D :D :D

Do you know accepting and understanding that you were emotionally hungry is a massive lesson and learning curve - to get that so soon is incredible - well done!!

Do you know I honestly don't think I have won the battle of the buldge at all, I accept that I have lost weight and learnt a lot, I have generally made healthy and wise choices on the odd occasions when I have sat down to a meal but this is going to be a war I fight all my life, I am definately not "cured" - not by a long chalk.

Hi Flopster,

Congrats on getting down to 11st. 6lbs. nice place to be and I think Claire has made some very good points in her posts and as FFNF has said you are in control!

You have to claim what you have already achieved this is so important as you have worked hard to get this far and now it is yours.

Water stave's off hunger and gives energy and you feel better for it.

Thanks yet again Mini, I have just said to Happygal above, I really feel this is just phase 1 of the journey/battle that is going to last the rest of my life but I am happy to have got where I have got, so that is the first step in the right direction.

I am just going to go read your thread as I haven't had chance to do much reading this week and see how you are getting on, so no doubt we will talk again over there.

Other peoples reaction (again)!

OK I am back on my favourite subject again - other people's reactions. Couple of observations from today.

Firstly I was talking to a friend who needs to lose 6 stone so she can undergo IVF, she was commenting on how well I looked and I told her about LL and CD and told her that she could be having her first session in 4 or 5 months time if she wanted to do a VLCD. She wouldn't hear of it - it has taken her 3 months to lose a stone which is so frustrating as I know how desparate she is to have a baby. Her reasons for not doing CD (I actually think LL would be a waste for her at this point in her life as this would be a means to an end) - is that "she wouldn't like to just drink soup or milkshakes she enjoys food too much" - erm, no neither do I, I am a really "foody" but I wanted to lose the weight and this was the best and easiest way of doing it. I have the rest of my life to eat food. Especially given the reasons why she needs to lose weight if it were me I would want to do it the quickest and safest possible route so I could start the process of having a baby. This is the same conversation we had four months ago when I started LL - she could have been starting her IVF now rather than still having another 5 stone to go!

Right rant over, on to nicer things now.

My son had a party from a couple of boys from the old school today and of course a lot of the mums hadn't seen me since mid July when I was almost 4 stone heavier.

Their reactions were brilliant and helped my ego and morale no end - especially funny was the woman who asked me if I had lost weight because I was ill! When I said no through dieting she said she was so pleased but in this day and age you can never be sure!

I also walked my daughter to her party today - and back again despite several people offering me a lift home!

Other people's reactions are definately the best motivation on earth that is for sure.

"is that "she wouldn't like to just drink soup or milkshakes she enjoys food too much"

Hi flopster,

I get this all the time and I just wonder about it...how do they think I got fat?

On this journey I don't think I will be so complacent about over eating as now I know the damage that it can do and I do think I am going to have to be aware of what I eat..

In future I will eat to live instead of live to eat...I think this will be the big difference.

Hiya Flopster, well done on the walk, you are doing great, its like you said, its not over its another leg of your journey, and well done to you x x

Hiya Flopster, well done on the walk, you are doing great, its like you said, its not over its another leg of your journey, and well done to you x x

Thank you, it is funny what you have energy for whereby you wouldn't have contemplated it before. I guess a bit like you with your rollerblading (and major hats off to you for that).

In future I will eat to live instead of live to eat...I think this will be the big difference.

It is funny you have said that because my husband and I were just having this "discussion" over tea tonight because he holds that view - that in future I should eat to live not live to eat.

I have to say I argued this with him, as I think you can achieve both - you can eat and enjoy your food (which I fully intend to) by cooking and eating healthily but very tasty food. I still very much want to enjoy eating, I think to lose the pleasure of eating would be such a shame, what we need to do is relearn how we eat (slower and smaller portions), how we cook (low GI, much more veg, plenty of variety, lots of herbs and spicys) and we need to learn to appreicate our food and our bodies more.

I also think I need to make sure that my kids are educated and don't develop either eating phobias or poor eating habits.

I have really missed eating, I am a foody but that is a good thing because hopefully I can now appreciate food and not abuse it as I did do.

Having said all that there is a long, long, long way to go. I need to impliment some very very radical changes along the way in our household, rather stupidly I still have a big box full of chcolates and crisps for the kids and my hubby and I need to sort this out.

There is a lot of work to be done here.

No point in denying it

No point in trying to deny it any more, I am definately losing the plot right now, so need to take action.

Had a fab day yesterday until my husband went to pick my inlaws up from the airport at 10.45pm - so what did I do - eat - two mini crunchies and a mini bar of cadbury's (you know from the bag of mini's - not snack size but very small).

Morning weight this morning. 11 st 7lbs - so put on one pound again.

I just don't understand what I am doing to myself here, why oh why can't I get my head into gear to lose this last half stone?

I am out all day today with my mum, and have no intention of eating but lets see, I am just going to have to take each second or minute at a time.

:mad:

You have done so well .... and I'm sure you can find the willpower to do this last little bit!

Enjoy your day out with yr mum ... but buy yrself a bunch of flowers as a treat not a Mc D!!!

Hope to see that tomorrow you've lost the pound you put on today.

HI Honey. Have been spending time with DH this weekend so havent been on here. You should have called me!!!!!

To be honest you need to stop right now. Go into management NOW, today right this moment!!!!!

Give yourself a huge break this whole feeling guilty about nibbling is silly, eating is natural and you have got to the point now where you want to eat again. SO make the decision once and for all, realise how successful you've been, pat yourself on the back and then move on to working on the next part of the journey.

xx

Hi Flopster,

It is very difficult when that old chatterbox starts and I think you do need to make your mind up...for everytime you come out of ketosis it just makes it that bit harder to go back in again...

The hunger becomes like a huge monster lurking...

Hope all goes well for you today.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you and good night!

Well this is going to be my last "official" entry onto this thread as I have already started my maintenance diary!

I wanted to say a great big HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point!!

My journey to management hasn't been without its challenges but at the same time, I still maintain this has been the easiest diet I have ever done (well maybe not these last 10 days but certainly before that) and that if anyone who is contemplating starting a VLCD is reading this I have just one thing to say in the words of that sporting giant "Just do it"

Once again thank you to everyone for your support, I hope I can rely on it during my route through managaement?

Not sure if you will look at this but it's been a pleasure!!!

you know how similar our journeys are and i really feel like you have helped me more than you'll probably know!!
I am still plodding on with CD1000 so am hanging around here for a while. Will definately be a regular contributer to your maintanence thread though - you cant get rid of me i'm herer for the long term. :D

Not sure if you will look at this but it's been a pleasure!!!

you know how similar our journeys are and i really feel like you have helped me more than you'll probably know!!
I am still plodding on with CD1000 so am hanging around here for a while. Will definately be a regular contributer to your maintanence thread though - you cant get rid of me i'm herer for the long term. :D

Thanks Helen (and of course I still looked on here, I haven't "gone" just "moved" :p

I will be reading and pushing you along as you well know, and I am glad in a lot of ways we are approaching a new route together, somehow it would just seem wrong to move to a different phase without you.

Good luck to you sweetie,

Ive read your thread and you have been a great inspiration.

Will look out for your new thread!

xx

Aww thank you Mrs Bean, my new diary is in the management section just up there ^^!
:D OOOH CONGRATULATIONS FLOPSTER!!!

Maintenance - fantastic!:D :D

Will search out the thread and come and harrang you along! lol:D :p

Thanks FFnF, please do harrang me, I need it lol!

Back