The 20-30 minutes Exercise per day challenge!

I'm in - just started using a gym today - so I'm going to alternate between gym, swimming and xbox zumba at home :)
I've got a dog too who I go out with ?

Here`s mine for today

3 hrs cleaning

3 hours of cleaning! You're making me feel very neglectful. I get bored after 3 minutes! :D

Mine:

Couch 2 5k yesterday, so that's 20 minutes + 5min warm up and down

Today, I went swimming and did 20 lengths of front crawl in 30 minutes, which I'm so proud of. Also pleased that apparently that's at least 350 calories burned, if not more. Peanut butter sandwich here I come! :D

Yep I'm definitely up for this too! :) Hope I'm not too late to start!

I can definitely relate *Trying-again* and boggins. I comfort ate my way through depression too. But screw it, these things happen!

With regards to anti-depressants, the newer ones have fewer side effects. I'm on an anti-depressant called Valdoxan (that's the brand name-the drug is called Agomelatine). I've been on it for 2 months, so far so good, very few side effects. The only downside of it is that it's kind of pricey-I could go on Prozac and it would work out a lot cheaper. Not that I want this to be a conversation solely about anti-depressant medication but just to say that the standard really varies depending on what type of one your GP puts you on. I was on lexapro for anxiety years ago and it didn't really do very much so sometimes, it can be trial and error! Different things work for different people and all that :)

I've found CBT quite helpful for the depression-I found this online: Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) - Psychotherapy, Research, Training

It's good because it's not too waffley, just gets to the point.

The NHS do a longer online CBT course for depression Living Life To The Full

I think I might do the shorter course first and then work my way onto the NHS course afterwards..hope this helps x

Yep I'm definitely up for this too! :) Hope I'm not too late to start!

I can definitely relate *Trying-again* and boggins. I comfort ate my way through depression too. But screw it, these things happen!

With regards to anti-depressants, the newer ones have fewer side effects. I'm on an anti-depressant called Valdoxan (that's the brand name-the drug is called Agomelatine). I've been on it for 2 months, so far so good, very few side effects. The only downside of it is that it's kind of pricey-I could go on Prozac and it would work out a lot cheaper. Not that I want this to be a conversation solely about anti-depressant medication but just to say that the standard really varies depending on what type of one your GP puts you on. I was on lexapro for anxiety years ago and it didn't really do very much so sometimes, it can be trial and error! Different things work for different people and all that :)

I've found CBT quite helpful for the depression-I found this online: Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) - Psychotherapy, Research, Training

It's good because it's not too waffley, just gets to the point.

The NHS do a longer online CBT course for depression Living Life To The Full

I think I might do the shorter course first and then work my way onto the NHS course afterwards..hope this helps x

Hi :) Its never too late too start, welcome to the thread.

Thank you for the info Ill have a look at this later x

Hi Boggins- The 3 hrs cleaning unfortunately wasnt on my house it was what I do as one of my jobs. My house gets much less attention :)

Ive not been able to get on here for the last few days so here`s my weeks worth of exercise as of last wed.

Fri 2 hrs cleaning
sat 4 hrs gardening
sun 20 min walk + 1 hr housework
tues 10 mins dumbells
wed 6 hrs cleaning + 1 hr Zumba class
fri 3 hrs cleaning

Ill work out what bonus works out later (anything over 20 mins per day) im going from fri to fri as its my weigh in day.

Hey guys, not been on here much the past few days, been struggling staying on plan recently that and being in a stinker of a mood (like seriously snappy, my poor family have been feeling the brunt of it)

did 15 minutes on the exercise bike today, and did the stairs 7 times in a row (sounds strange but man its a like a mini work out!)

Hello everyone! I'm really up for joining in this :)

Am gonna do at least 30 mins of a dvd later, not sure which one yet.

@Begghead - the stairs sound fun! I have a 13 floor tower block near me :D

Well I managed it! Did 45 minutes of my Hannah Waterman dvd and worked up a sweat :D

well done you. 45 minutes is great.
yeah the stairs were fun especially the dog looking at me as if to say what the hell are you doing!

only managed to walk the dogs today. will have to increase my exercise this week.

Ta ^_^ dog walking is better than nowt! I love pooches but I'm happy with my cats lol. My flat's on the 1st floor so only 1 and a half flights of stairs here.

I have a Davina dvd to work on tonight; see how much I can do without dying! :D

I like the idea of this so could I join too please? I just joined the forums tonight and am looking for motivation so this is perfect for me
I'd like to aim for 30mins exercise per day to start off with for now then I will increase as I get used to my work outs :)

Hello Gym-Bunny! Good luck with your exercise :)
This board can be a bit slow I'm afraid!

I had a walk through the woods today, may do a dvd later as well.

Thank you Step-Up Fairy :) No probs if this one is a bit slow, I have also joined the other exercise thread and will hopefully post daily if I can so might liven the place up a little :D

Heyy! i think this i a great challenge and i would defo be over the moon if i stuck to this!
So todayyy i did 40 mins on Dance revolution on the Wii :D
Lets hope i keep it up and good luck to everyone and well done your all doing absolutely brill! :D x

Heyy everyone, this is my first day of doing this challenge. I was abit tired once i got home from work but i managed to do 20 mins dancing on the Wii. i will try to keep up to it. well done everyone! xx

Hi Lauren, welcome to the challenge, I am new here too and have had problems keeping motivated this week - think I need to visit Minimins more often to get some inspiration :D
I agree though, this thread is fab!

Believe me coming on this site really helps to motivate you. i come on it every night before i go to bed just to have a browse through to get me motivated for the next day. Keep up to the diet :) and good luck x

Back