>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Kenco said:
Morning all... I think i'm back again now lol they have finally fixed the connection problem i hope.Well done on all the losses :)

The fluid challenge is going okay 1 litre down so far today.Sf is going ok.Roziee good for you on the treadmill,i've got an ex bike i put my ipod on and blast the music.I have started having red grapefruit in the mornings and i love it.

T11cky that meal sounds lovely.

Have a great day x

I've still not started eating the grapefruit.. Better start that from tomorrow morning.. Actually I'm going to try some in a bit and see how I like it...

ellen83 said:
Well I thought I would put up today's food diary seeing at have it all planned out.

Breakfast
Scrambled egg (2 eggs, no milk as boys finished it off with weetabix this morning) on toast (2 slices Hovis Nimble-HexB) with 2 tsp flora light (2syns)
Banana (sf 1)

Lunch
Jacket spud (with 2tsp flora light - 2syns) with baked beans, cheese (HexA) and lots of salad (Lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and grated carrot - sf 2,3,4 and 5)

won't have any snacks before weigh in

Dinner (after weigh in)
Rice and kind of a stir fry beef and veggies (Red peppers, onion, mushrooms - sf 6 and 7

I get extra HexA's as I'm breastfeeding so generally don't worry about counting my milk

Total syns 4 but have little bread and butter pudding planned for after dinner which I'm not sure how many syns it is yet but sure it will use my quota for today (maybe more, but I would have already been weighed by then mwah ha ha!)

Ooo beef stir fry with rice.. Feel like having a stir fry.... Your diary looks delicious. Thank you for posting it :)

fatbgone said:
Eeeeek you're all doing so well!!

Superfree I find easy ish.. had fish veg and tagiatelle so crammed most of it there! Tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower. Got jacket potato with salad for tea followed by raspberries. Really trying now! I've got to keep going! And this thread really motivates me - thanks ladies and our man too... Let us know how the date goes, oooooooo wonder what you'll get for afters hehe!

I bought a powerball today so going to work my arms in the evenings and back to my running Friday. Giving myself a couple days off as I'm working 16 nights back to back, bank holiday is my next night and day off. Woohoooo. But don't do the afternoon job sat or Sunday so ill go for an early run Friday sat and Sunday and Monday ready for weigh in Tuesday.

I haven't bought meat this week, going to use up the fish in the freezer so that'll be interesting to see. Ooo and I'm about to start on my 2ltr water!! Had a diet coke so going to drink up shortly :)

Interested to see if the water will aid the losses on the scales! :)

What do you do for a living Beth?

I've ordered my treadmill :eek: soo excited!!!! Spent a fortune on it, so no excuses! :D

I will take pictures when u get it!

Eeeek when will it be delivered?? How exciting!!! :)

Ahhh what do I do for a living... Well, I am a trained housing officer. I tend to not tell as I've had people literally get very annoyed with me/glass bottles left under car wheels/ppl beg me to help them etc...hard going. But I lost my job , cut backs and all, so I'm currently cleaning to make ends meet. I worked in finance for 5 years and traffic control too before becoming housing officer but sadly in this day and age there's not enough jobs to go round. That's why we live back at home, I had to give our house up as I was redundant and couldn't pay the rent.. Ahhh don't I waffle on! :)

fatbgone said:
Eeeek when will it be delivered?? How exciting!!! :)

Ahhh what do I do for a living... Well, I am a trained housing officer. I tend to not tell as I've had people literally get very annoyed with me/glass bottles left under car wheels/ppl beg me to help them etc...hard going. But I lost my job , cut backs and all, so I'm currently cleaning to make ends meet. I worked in finance for 5 years and traffic control too before becoming housing officer but sadly in this day and age there's not enough jobs to go round. That's why we live back at home, I had to give our house up as I was redundant and couldn't pay the rent.. Ahhh don't I waffle on! :)

Should be here in a week, hopefully sooner :)

I'm in finance .. Well banking to be precise.

Yeah times are tough for a lot of people so I feel for you.. But good on you for getting work and not sitting on your bum!

I got my my iPhone too. Double woop!!

X

I've ordered my treadmill :eek: soo excited!!!! Spent a fortune on it, so no excuses! :D

I will take pictures when u get it!

No no roziee, you've got it all wrong! You're meant to walk on it love, not model it! ;)

Good on ya tho hun, I'm sure it'll make a difference for you :)

----------

I braved zumba tonight! Feel like a million sweaty dollars! Had a right laugh and got to watch a sexy black man dance into the bargain *fans herself*

Good day. Time for roulade!

rialrees said:
No no roziee, you've got it all wrong! You're meant to walk on it love, not model it! ;)

Good on ya tho hun, I'm sure it'll make a difference for you :)

----------

I braved zumba tonight! Feel like a million sweaty dollars! Had a right laugh and got to watch a sexy black man dance into the bargain *fans herself*

Good day. Time for roulade!

:giggle: ohhhhh that's what you're supposed to do on it? Silly me! Lol

I would love to do a Zumba class with all my friends. That would be so much fun! Well done for going hun x

Back from weigh in and 1lbs down. Means I have 16.5 pounds to get under 16st for my birthday in 9 weeks. Bring it on! So on it this week, also just won an elliptical trainer on eBay which I can hopefully pick up soon!

Hi rozie im back after a long break. Had a few tough months. been getting off half a pound a week off and put on 2 lb once. But today got my stone award. Not aiming for 6 stone this year but going for 2 and half!!! So far lost 14.5lbs xxx

Last edited:
rialrees said:
Gratz Ellen, and welcome back sarah!

Just thought I'd let you know that the adrenaline rush from zumba may have gone to my head. I've signed up for Race for Life again this year. July 22 here I come!

Fatty Von Chocolate's Slimming Adventure: Race For Life 2012

Wooohooo! I'm doing race for life this year too! Check us out!!!

Had loads super free today..

Tomatos, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lettuce, red cabage, beetroot, pineapple and raspberries.

Yay! And drank the water.. phew.

Going to bake sale in the morning so will have a cuppa n cake as my syns and be rigid rest of the day.

Really hoping I can get a 1lb off.. 1lb from that next award! So frustrating!! :)

Yay FBG! Time to get pumping! *Pops on an eighties number* ;)

I've had a bit of a weird one today... started on EE then shifted to green, but I'm still not so good with green and red, so I thought I'd pop this up and see if I've done it right... I have a feeling I havent lol - ham? erm.... yeah....

Food Diary:
Green Day?
  • B/F: Oatso Simple (HEX A + B) with Frozen Berries
  • Lunch: Ham Salad Platter (Ham, Lettuce, Cucumber, Carrot, Onion,Egg, Cheese (HEX A) and Coleslaw (3)
  • Dinner: Sweet and Sour Pork (Pork Fillet (HEX B), Balsamic Vinegar, Passata, Peppers, Carrot, Pineapple, Sugarsnap Peas) served with Noodles
  • Snacks: Banana, Pineapple
  • Treat: 3 slices Low-Fat Roulade (7)
Syns: about 10, depending on Green/EE confusion...

But, I did manage a lot of SF today, so even if I went over it's all good - PLUS, I managed to drink a litre of water! yay! (All consumed during zumba.... pmsl! Better have another glass before bed)

My font's gone all bold on me... sorry about that!

ellen83 said:
Back from weigh in and 1lbs down. Means I have 16.5 pounds to get under 16st for my birthday in 9 weeks. Bring it on! So on it this week, also just won an elliptical trainer on eBay which I can hopefully pick up soon!

That's brill! Once you start exercising it'll boost your loss for sure! X

Mummy Sarah said:
Hi rozie im back after a long break. Had a few tough months. been getting off half a pound a week off and put on 2 lb once. But today got my stone award. Not aiming for 6 stone this year but going for 2 and half!!! So far lost 14.5lbs xxx

Hello mummy- how are u? Good to see u back :)
Congratulations on your stone award, that's fab :)
Aim for as much as you like, you might surprise yourself and lose even more than u thought!

I'll update your stats for u x

rialrees said:
Gratz Ellen, and welcome back sarah!

Just thought I'd let you know that the adrenaline rush from zumba may have gone to my head. I've signed up for Race for Life again this year. July 22 here I come!

Fatty Von Chocolate's Slimming Adventure: Race For Life 2012

Hello darling- me and hubby were talking about marathons and stuff like this last night. He said we should sign up for something, even of its next year so we an build up to it once we get the treadmill. What length is the track for race for life and can u walk and run it? A huge congratulations for signing up for it. Brilliant incentive for weightless an stamina...

fatbgone said:
Wooohooo! I'm doing race for life this year too! Check us out!!!

Had loads super free today..

Tomatos, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lettuce, red cabage, beetroot, pineapple and raspberries.

Yay! And drank the water.. phew.

Going to bake sale in the morning so will have a cuppa n cake as my syns and be rigid rest of the day.

Really hoping I can get a 1lb off.. 1lb from that next award! So frustrating!! :)

2 of you doing the race! Fantastic! Take a picture of your baking and show us :D

rialrees said:
Yay FBG! Time to get pumping! *Pops on an eighties number* ;)

I've had a bit of a weird one today... started on EE then shifted to green, but I'm still not so good with green and red, so I thought I'd pop this up and see if I've done it right... I have a feeling I havent lol - ham? erm.... yeah....

Food Diary:
Green Day?

[*]B/F: Oatso Simple (HEX A + B) with Frozen Berries
[*]Lunch: Ham Salad Platter (Ham, Lettuce, Cucumber, Carrot, Onion,Egg, Cheese (HEX A) and Coleslaw (3)
[*]Dinner: Sweet and Sour Pork (Pork Fillet (HEX B), Balsamic Vinegar, Passata, Peppers, Carrot, Pineapple, Sugarsnap Peas) served with Noodles
[*]Snacks: Banana, Pineapple
[*]Treat: 3 slices Low-Fat Roulade (7)

Syns: about 10, depending on Green/EE confusion...

But, I did manage a lot of SF today, so even if I went over it's all good - PLUS, I managed to drink a litre of water! yay! (All consumed during zumba.... pmsl! Better have another glass before bed)

My font's gone all bold on me... sorry about that!

Thats- lol :giggle: that's neither EE or green love.. Unless u syn the ham? I think so anyway.. But still very good with the SF!

Hey all,

Well its never dull at my place, my 3 year old has caught chicken pox Which means he can't go to pre-school until they scab over! Great. He's very dramatic at the best of times so it's all fun. Wonder how long it will be before my 1 year old gets spotty!

Meal plan for today

Breakfast
Weetabix with skimmed Milk and 2 bananas (3yo donated his to me after one bite) (sf 1)

Lunch
Left over beef Stir fry (sf 2,3 and 4) with rice

Snack
Mullerlight and apple (sf 5)

Dinner
Pork chop with sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli and butternut squash (sf 6,7 and 8)

Not sure how I'll use my syns yet.

Have a great day ladies... And gent!

Hello darling- me and hubby were talking about marathons and stuff like this last night. He said we should sign up for something, even of its next year so we an build up to it once we get the treadmill. What length is the track for race for life and can u walk and run it? A huge congratulations for signing up for it. Brilliant incentive for weightless an stamina...

There's two kinds - one is 5k and the other is 10k. They let you walk, jog or run - and I found walking was actually very doable! I managed it in about an hour, you just get swept away by everyone! for the first forty minutes you barely realise you're walking, there's so many back signs to read and people to talk to - it's a great experience, highly recommend it!

Thats- lol :giggle: that's neither EE or green love.. Unless u syn the ham? I think so anyway.. But still very good with the SF!

LOL - ah poop. I thought the ham should have been synned... Ah well Never mind, maybe i'd better read the book again lmao!

I thought it depends on the ham? I don't really eat ham myself.

A few of us ladies have signed up for a 13 mile midnight walk in July. Fun fun

Yep walk or jog or run the 5k! I'm doing the 5k. I've done it twice before at a stone - 3 stone heavier than I am now and did it once in 55 mins and another time in 65 :) I'm aiming to do it in the 45 mins!

I can't recommend it enough, its quite moving and emotional I ve found. Everyone's running for the same reason. Amazing :)

I'm going to run then walk run the walk etc etc interval training it the whole time. Everyone sign up! It's fabulous! :).

Went to bake sale, I didn't bake anything hehe. But I enjoyed a slice of lemon drizzle cake (how many syns?) And sipped my water so still got both hea and hebs left! Yay.

Sooo tired. Finished work at 2 but now my body won't let me sleep! Grr!

hello girlies and boy :wavey:, well I'm off to my first class tonight, gonna pay for a 12 week countdown but gonna check with G.P first to see if they can do a referral (don't hold out much hope, I've asked before and been told they don't do it) so either way I'm starting tonight.
last few days I've eaten anything I wanted and not felt guilty but need to get the water into me as I've got a cold as well.

thinking for a little challenge, how about we each post up our favourite food/meal and others can post the recipe (if they have one) or point us to where we can get it as a lower syn version......reading about others favs might inspire us to try them.

or post our top 5 low syn treats

well done on all the losses tho peeps

Oopsss...I haven't popped my head around the door in forever! Still going strong..1stone 9.5lbs gone so far :D Been back 1 week now from Egypt and i've started back at boot camp..going to go jogging tonight, have a feeling it will hurt as haven't been for 2 weeks. hope you're all doing well! x

Hey people! (can't say girls anymore lol)

So far today I've been doing well.

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast with flora light (4 syns). Had used the last bits of fruit for kids' lunch so had no sf with breakfast.

Lunch: 3 slices ham with mixed salad leaves (not sure how many sf was in it since they were all different leaves...so just going to count as one) and light salad cream (2 syns)

Plans for dinner: Spag bol with extra mushrooms, onion, and salad (sf 2,3 and 4)

Gym after dinner (first time EVER!) and planning on a Muller Light with chopped apple, a banana and some raspberries (sf 5, 6 and 7) when I get home around 8pm or so.

That leaves me with 9 syns so I reckon I'll have either a curly wurly or a Hi-fi bar.

Have drank almost a litre of water so far. I'm not so good at drinking water. I just hate the nothing-taste of it, and absolutely despise diluted juice. I did buy some diluted stuff that I think I'll be better at drinking today in the food shop.... we'll see! I'm bound to drink gallons at the gym and love every drop lol

I'm the same mandy, really struggle with drinking the water!

Superfree I find quite do able! Have had
-raspberries
- broccoli
- red peppers
- pineapple
- carrots
- cauliflower

Hmmm not had anything else superfree! 6 will have to do. Going to drink my 2 ltr throughout evening as working til 2.

I'm not eating meat only fish this week so going to see if that helps!

Exercising again as of Saturday morning, I'm too tired doing the nights and afternoon job and juggling my boy.

Dreading tomorrow. Working til 2am and have to see the ex to discuss access regarding our boy after school run. I'll need willpower a plenty as when I'm stressed I eat! So think ill pop my running gear in the car and if i feel the urge to go to the cake shop ill go for a run instead!

My new toy, twenty quid ebay. Sorry awful pic, phone is crap. Off to bed as has been a VERY long day with the poxs and clingy boys. Only got about 4 hours broken sleep and am beyond drained, not even bothering with dinner, have just had 2 hi fi bars and an apple... Night peeps!

ForumRunner_20120503_210335.jpg

Back