>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Roziee said:
Hope the family member a speedy recovery kenco..

I did another 10 mins of Trevor..wanted to do more but the back of my foot is hurting from this morning and really don't want to make it worse.. So did ten minutes in my fop flops.. Not ideal but oh well.

Kenco hope ur family member makes a speedy recovery soon.. xx

Roziee invest in some trainers, I find flip flops make my feet hurt if I do a lot of walking anyway. I got mine from sportsdirect, £15 and sooo comfy! And they're bright red and shiny... Bonus! Hehe. Well done you tho doing all that body magic today. Trev must be loving all the attention! :)

Weigh in for me tomorrow morning... Hoping for a loss. Have stuck to plan and maintained last week so hoping it'll show this week. Had lots of speed food and have used lemons this week so we ll see if they work!

Had them squeezed onto salads and also in my diet coke, lol if that helps!? And had them in my mushroom strogonoff.. so we ll see. Not had one everyday but maybe it'll help??

Going to have a 100% juice lolly shortly for the rest of my syns and then off to work. :)

Fingers crossed for all Monday weighers!

fatbgone said:
Kenco hope ur family member makes a speedy recovery soon.. xx

Roziee invest in some trainers, I find flip flops make my feet hurt if I do a lot of walking anyway. I got mine from sportsdirect, £15 and sooo comfy! And they're bright red and shiny... Bonus! Hehe. Well done you tho doing all that body magic today. Trev must be loving all the attention! :)

Weigh in for me tomorrow morning... Hoping for a loss. Have stuck to plan and maintained last week so hoping it'll show this week. Had lots of speed food and have used lemons this week so we ll see if they work!

Had them squeezed onto salads and also in my diet coke, lol if that helps!? And had them in my mushroom strogonoff.. so we ll see. Not had one everyday but maybe it'll help??

Going to have a 100% juice lolly shortly for the rest of my syns and then off to work. :)

Fingers crossed for all Monday weighers!

I have some, but I didn't wear socks this morning and they chafed the back of my right ankle.. Won't be doing that again!

Lemon in diet coke! Yes!! You are a super star Beth.. I'm gonna do that haha I love lemon in diet coke...

Hope work is ok love x

Hi hope you are all well.

I haven't been on for a few weeks and things have kind of stalled but trying to get back on track this week. I put on 3lbs 2 weeks ago then lost 1lb and this week 2lbs so still a 1lb of the 2 1/2 stone. Gonna try really hard to get there and get back to the gym as well. People are noticing the weight loss now so thats good. My son and his fiance are coming to visit in June - actually it is on our 20th wedding anniversay- so I want to get to 3 stone lost by then. Will be trying green tea, water, lemons - whatever it takes!

Hope you all have a good week.

I reckon the lemons work!!

Managed a loss of..... 3.5lbs!!

4 stone award recieved AND slimmer of the week and officially the slimmest I've been since I was 17!!! :)

I'm so delighted... ! Proud as punch!

And a massive thank you to all of you for all your support, helps sooooo much <3

Aiming for a 2lb loss this week. Eeeek... Bouncing off the walls!

fatbgone said:

4 stone award recieved AND slimmer of the week and officially the slimmest I've been since I was 17!!! :)

And a massive thank you to all of you for all your support, helps sooooo much <3

Woohoo totally amazing! What an inspiring read :) maybe I should try the lemons! X

Well Im back, gained all my weight back after a very stressful last few months. So here I go again, really going to do it this time. I just feel it.

brosav said:
Hi hope you are all well.

I haven't been on for a few weeks and things have kind of stalled but trying to get back on track this week. I put on 3lbs 2 weeks ago then lost 1lb and this week 2lbs so still a 1lb of the 2 1/2 stone. Gonna try really hard to get there and get back to the gym as well. People are noticing the weight loss now so thats good. My son and his fiance are coming to visit in June - actually it is on our 20th wedding anniversay- so I want to get to 3 stone lost by then. Will be trying green tea, water, lemons - whatever it takes!

Hope you all have a good week.

Hello darling,

Hope you're feeling better. Lots of support here if u need it x

fatbgone said:

That's absolutely bloody brilliant. Couldn't be more prouder of u Beth!!! Now log in from your iPhone on the minimins forum using safari and update your figures!!! Let people know how well you have done. Fantastic. Youve worked really hard and it's paying off. Really well done Hun xx

How did you incorporate the lemons into your food?

Abigail'sMummy said:
Well Im back, gained all my weight back after a very stressful last few months. So here I go again, really going to do it this time. I just feel it.

:wavey:

How are you hun? You will do this :hug99: welcome back x

Quick pop in as I'm at group but lost 2.5lbs :)

Fantastic, you're obviously doing something right.

Quick pop in as I'm at group but lost 2.5lbs :)

Well done hun!

Well done jayde!

I've put a tablespoon of lemon juice in my diet coke and that's okay... Should I drink diet come every day to see if I lose weight with lemons? :eek:

Thanks Roziee and Fatbgone (((hugs))) Welcome back Brosav and Abigail's mummy:)

Fantastic losses Fatbgone and Jayde :D

Roziee,Trevor sounds great.How you finding it?

Trevor is good kenco- I did 50 mins yesterday.. My back is really sore today so takin a rest but I enjoy it :) and it doesn't feel like exercise because I'm watching telly whilst I'm doing it...

Trevor is good kenco- I did 50 mins yesterday.. My back is really sore today so takin a rest but I enjoy it :) and it doesn't feel like exercise because I'm watching telly whilst I'm doing it...

Wow 50 mins is fab!!! well done. I love the fact that i can ride my ex bike whilst watching tv or blasting the music on my ipod,makes me peddle faster hehe.Loving the name Trevor.

Awwwwww thanks for all the lovely messages :)

I use a fresh lemon, 6 for a £1 I think? I slice one in half and pour all the juice from one half into my diet can of coke. I then use the other half over my salad.. so if I have two salads a day or even in any cooking, like my mushroom strogonoff, I put a lemon in that . My tip is a squeeze of lemon over salad and then 1 tsp of honey drizzled over... Mmmm. Sooooo lovely!! I have honey on jackets, everything! It's 1 syn per tsp but really goes far if u have the runny clear one. Yummmm!!

I'm going to use the lemons again this week as I do love the taste. Also if the suns shining its refreshing! Brilliant tip too, when you've used your lemon juice etc don't throw it away. Rub it on elbows/knees any dry skin and within a few days ur knees/ elbows will look fabulous! :)

Also fab for nails and I also rub it on my teeth.. along with strawberries!!! Supposedly makes them whiter.

Aiming for 2 lb this week, although 3.5 lb would be fabulous as I'd be in the 16s then!! I've never been in the 16s!!!!!!!! I'll cry when I do it. Eeek. But realistically its not going to happen after a big loss this week. Can't wait for it to happen though :)

In group my sw consultant said how does having lost 4 stone make u feel and honestly I said first thing I thought of. I said I have much more energy.. I used to be the mum sat on the bench at the park, now I'm playing it and climbing up frames.. I have my drive for life again. It's just amazing. And I'm still chunky! But I feel like a 25 yo should, yanno? But I honestly want to say on bad weeks and good weeks keep going.. it will eventually pay off. I always stay now too and find it fab.. if your consultants rubbish go find another group. I think its so unfair that some members of sw have rubbish group meetings / consultants.

Anyways.. roziee well done, Trev is a lucky guy! Hope your foot is healing and your back doesn't hurt for long xxx

Decided my new WI will be on Thursday morning when I go down the town to do the shopping. Really no idea what to expect for this first WI away from group, but whatever those scales say I'll just get on with it. Hope there's not a massive difference between the group and chemist scales.
Had another BBQ to go to yesterday evening in my friend's house. I brought over some Smash Pizza and coleslaw. The pizza was a major hit, as always lol. My friend is notorious for making her own sauces and practically everything homecooked, and she loves, LOVES her food, so for her to say that was the nicest pizza she's ever tasted was cool lol

Great losses this week! Lemons... I must try lemons. I have my eye on a maxi dress in town. I'm going to reward myself with it in a few weeks time... I want another stone off before I buy it. I'll throw a tenner off it and ask her to hold it for me. It's a "one size fits all" dress... but the boob part looks pretty small, so I'm hoping with another stone off it'll look nice on. If not, it'll be incentive to lose a further stone.

Aw mandy, what's the dress like!? I had my maxi on today.. was sooo nice and breezy lol. They're so flattering too. Def go buy it!!

Smash pizza is lovely!!!!! I could eat it all day and night.

I did my food shop this morning so fridge full.. would you believe I forgot my lemons!!?! So had to do a dash and buy 2 loose lemons from the local shop. So must buy some tomorrow! I love the juice of it as a salad dressing... Lovely!

Speed foods so far;
Beetroot
Lettuce
Red cabbage
Carrot
Tomatoes
Melon
Pineapple

And I've had mango and sweetcorn too but never sure if their speed?? Tbh the speed food and super free still confuses me a bit! :)

Going to work shortly but having a jacket and more salad for tea. Just so much easier!

In Asda they're selling ready sliced bags of mixed mushrooms with parsley in for £1. No butter or oil. So going to make mushroom stroganoff for lunch tomorrow!! Yumm.. much cheaper too then buying loads of different mushrooms and them going all sweaty and ick!

Not looking forward to work but oh well...! Who does!? 3 nights down, 19 to go til a few days off! I have saturday off tho!

Think us living at home has reached crisis point now.. my parents seem fed up of me and my lad and I'm getting just as fed up with them! Really struggle to cope with it at mo tbh so its nice being able to control my diet atleast. :(

Last edited:
Hi ladies, been a bit quiet on here lately! I have 10 pages to read so will look back on them when I'm on the laptop :)

Gained 3.5 last week after 2 full days of basically no food and all alcohol! Went to York to see my friend at uni there. Didn't feel remotely guilty though, I very very rarely go out drinking and we had a fab weekend!

Good news is I lost 5.5lbs this week- only 1lb away from my 2 stone award. Total loss now 1st 13lbs.

Well done you lot- keep going!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

fatbgone said:
Awwwwww thanks for all the lovely messages :)

I use a fresh lemon, 6 for a £1 I think? I slice one in half and pour all the juice from one half into my diet can of coke. I then use the other half over my salad.. so if I have two salads a day or even in any cooking, like my mushroom strogonoff, I put a lemon in that . My tip is a squeeze of lemon over salad and then 1 tsp of honey drizzled over... Mmmm. Sooooo lovely!! I have honey on jackets, everything! It's 1 syn per tsp but really goes far if u have the runny clear one. Yummmm!!

I'm going to use the lemons again this week as I do love the taste. Also if the suns shining its refreshing! Brilliant tip too, when you've used your lemon juice etc don't throw it away. Rub it on elbows/knees any dry skin and within a few days ur knees/ elbows will look fabulous! :)

Also fab for nails and I also rub it on my teeth.. along with strawberries!!! Supposedly makes them whiter.

Aiming for 2 lb this week, although 3.5 lb would be fabulous as I'd be in the 16s then!! I've never been in the 16s!!!!!!!! I'll cry when I do it. Eeek. But realistically its not going to happen after a big loss this week. Can't wait for it to happen though :)

In group my sw consultant said how does having lost 4 stone make u feel and honestly I said first thing I thought of. I said I have much more energy.. I used to be the mum sat on the bench at the park, now I'm playing it and climbing up frames.. I have my drive for life again. It's just amazing. And I'm still chunky! But I feel like a 25 yo should, yanno? But I honestly want to say on bad weeks and good weeks keep going.. it will eventually pay off. I always stay now too and find it fab.. if your consultants rubbish go find another group. I think its so unfair that some members of sw have rubbish group meetings / consultants.

Anyways.. roziee well done, Trev is a lucky guy! Hope your foot is healing and your back doesn't hurt for long xxx

May I have your recipe for the mushroom stroganoff pls?

I've been having a tablespoon of lemon juice from the bottle in my diet coke in the evening and I mixed honey and lemon with salt and pepper and drizzled that over my salad in the evening and what a lowly surprise! I really really liked it!! The honey is lovely!!! Thank you for the tip. I will definitely be using that more often now and means I can have lemon in my day now! :)

I can imagine you're bags of energy now. As the weight comes off you'll have more and more energy x

xMandyDx said:
Decided my new WI will be on Thursday morning when I go down the town to do the shopping. Really no idea what to expect for this first WI away from group, but whatever those scales say I'll just get on with it. Hope there's not a massive difference between the group and chemist scales.
Had another BBQ to go to yesterday evening in my friend's house. I brought over some Smash Pizza and coleslaw. The pizza was a major hit, as always lol. My friend is notorious for making her own sauces and practically everything homecooked, and she loves, LOVES her food, so for her to say that was the nicest pizza she's ever tasted was cool lol

Great losses this week! Lemons... I must try lemons. I have my eye on a maxi dress in town. I'm going to reward myself with it in a few weeks time... I want another stone off before I buy it. I'll throw a tenner off it and ask her to hold it for me. It's a "one size fits all" dress... but the boob part looks pretty small, so I'm hoping with another stone off it'll look nice on. If not, it'll be incentive to lose a further stone.

It shouldn't be too much different Mandy- if you can, weigh yourself the same time you used to at group to get a more accurate reading? If not just take the reading and crack on. I'm sure you'll still continue to lose regardless what it says. We are still here as your group so don't forget.

How are you feeling? I read on Facebook that you weren't feeling well?
X

fatbgone said:
Aw mandy, what's the dress like!? I had my maxi on today.. was sooo nice and breezy lol. They're so flattering too. Def go buy it!!

Smash pizza is lovely!!!!! I could eat it all day and night.

I did my food shop this morning so fridge full.. would you believe I forgot my lemons!!?! So had to do a dash and buy 2 loose lemons from the local shop. So must buy some tomorrow! I love the juice of it as a salad dressing... Lovely!

Speed foods so far;
Beetroot
Lettuce
Red cabbage
Carrot
Tomatoes
Melon
Pineapple

And I've had mango and sweetcorn too but never sure if their speed?? Tbh the speed food and super free still confuses me a bit! :)

Going to work shortly but having a jacket and more salad for tea. Just so much easier!

In Asda they're selling ready sliced bags of mixed mushrooms with parsley in for £1. No butter or oil. So going to make mushroom stroganoff for lunch tomorrow!! Yumm.. much cheaper too then buying loads of different mushrooms and them going all sweaty and ick!

Not looking forward to work but oh well...! Who does!? 3 nights down, 19 to go til a few days off! I have saturday off tho!

Think us living at home has reached crisis point now.. my parents seem fed up of me and my lad and I'm getting just as fed up with them! Really struggle to cope with it at mo tbh so its nice being able to control my diet atleast. :(

I still haven't tried the smash pizza- I should really shouldn't I? I might make it on Saturday with a nice big salad for lunch.. Does it refrigerate well and ok when warmed up? Thinking of making take it to work..

xJoanneJJx said:
Hi ladies, been a bit quiet on here lately! I have 10 pages to read so will look back on them when I'm on the laptop :)

Gained 3.5 last week after 2 full days of basically no food and all alcohol! Went to York to see my friend at uni there. Didn't feel remotely guilty though, I very very rarely go out drinking and we had a fab weekend!

Good news is I lost 5.5lbs this week- only 1lb away from my 2 stone award. Total loss now 1st 13lbs.

Well done you lot- keep going!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello darling- welcome back xxx

I did 30 mins of Trevor after work today :) I really hope the effects of him show on the scale on Monday- I still have 28 days to give him back haha nah I wouldn't now :) I enjoying our time together after work.. I was breaking out in a sweat today which is good. Hubbys rest day from the gym tomorrow so he's going to train me he said lol no idea how one trains you on a treadmill haha

Can't be bothered to make lunch tomorrow so going to have my salmon salad from itsu tomorrow for lunch and then meatballs, 4 salad potatoes and salad.

The salad potatoes helps me curb the amount of carbs I have and it actually fills me up nicely with a big salad. So I don't want to buy the big potatoes from now on. Only when I want to have some sw chips. I can eat so many chips so it's good that I'm eating the salad potatoes.

Anyway, it's Wednesday tomorrow. Oh before I forget, I've ordered some dresses and trousers from simplybe- they will be delivered on Thursday so if everything fits my clothing dilemma will be sorted. Came up to 200 quid :eek: fat peoples clothes are so expensive :( really hope that they fit and look good.. Want to start wearing colour again! Mentioned doing overtime to hubby to pay for them and bless him.. He said don't worry about the money. I will do the over time though. An hour extra a day for a few weeks isnt going to hard for me.

I hate summer because I never have anything decent to wear :( black is horrible in the scorching heat in London.. Really hoping the clothes I've ordered fit well..

Ok better stop rambling. Speak to you all in the morning x

Back