>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Well I had originally planned my meals today but ended up going to my mother's where the pickings were slim and had a ham sandwich (heb and 4 syns for spread) and an apple for lunch, and picked up a Slender Choice syn free ready meal on the way home for dinner. Just about to have it now... chicken curry...mmmm. Already has exactly 1/3 superfree added. Handy!

Mummy Sarah said:
hi roziee can you update my weight loss. Iv lost 20lbs altogether now hun xxx

Hello love.. Updated for you! That's brilliant!!! X

Kenco said:
Afternoon ...... Breakfast for me today was half a grapefruit and i had a bowl of pineapple.Lunch i had a boiled egg and some salad.I can't make my mind up on dinner yet.Exercise for me is on the ex bike. Roziee,hope your day gets better.It's great to see everyone posting again.xx

Hey kenco :)

I'm shattered. I have my vitamin d injection in an hour- sitting on the couch and realllly trying not to sleep!

xMandyDx said:
Well I had originally planned my meals today but ended up going to my mother's where the pickings were slim and had a ham sandwich (heb and 4 syns for spread) and an apple for lunch, and picked up a Slender Choice syn free ready meal on the way home for dinner. Just about to have it now... chicken curry...mmmm. Already has exactly 1/3 superfree added. Handy!

That's very handy, being able to buy a syn free ready meal!

I haven't had chicken curry in agessssss. I'm gonna make some of the weekend for sure!

Evening :)

Had a manic day, fruit for brekkie. Mug shot and babybels for lunch, and snacked on fruit and 2 hifi light bars. Dinner will be pasta n sauce with added veg I think. Loads of pasts today lol.

Still on my lemon challenge and I think it is really working!

Mandy where do you get those syn free ready meals from, never heard of that brand but sounds great for those lazy days and emergencies! X

I get them from my local supermarket. They're made by a slimming world consultant and her butcher husband... If you do a search for them, you should find them easy enough!

It actually was really yummy. I wasn't expecting too much from it, because it's a ready meal, but I was pleasantly surprised! Filled me up without making me feel too full, and tasted just like any other chicken curry. The chicken was lovely too, you could tell it was really good quality meat. Other chicken curries sometimes use a lot of processed meats...but then again with it being a SW ready meal, I don't suppose they could use processed meat and call it syn-free.

I get them from my local supermarket. They're made by a slimming world consultant and her butcher husband... If you do a search for them, you should find them easy enough!

hi all, mandy, I've had a look but the shops that stock them aren't over here, might be cos you're in ireland that they only have them in shops there. (damn knew it was too good to be true)

roziee I feel for you with the 2 week period, mine's never stopped since I came on 2 weeks ago and it's looking like it's here to stay for a bit longer too.

Lucia, sorry to hear you've had a horrible time, glad to see you're back with us and although at times this thread can be quiet it's a wonderful place to be.
Now that certain judgmental people have left the thread, i know I can come on here and i can have a carp week/day/month but you are all here with your helpful suggestions, everyone is here to listen and everyone understands that life does get in the way at times.
The support on here is fantastic and it's here when we need it the most (when we are feeling crappy) I would not have re-started had it not been for that PM from roziee, so please remember we are here for you.

Well last week I lost 1lb of the 2lb I'd gained, went away feeling hopeful that I could have a good week, cos of this bloody period (no pun intended) I've been craving chocolate and trying to hold it off, been fairly successful, although meals and snacks weren't very well planned and the odd day I would have 3 or 4 HEB choices.
Went to see the red hot chilli peppers on sunday, took some food with me but ended up having curry and chips, a hotdog and 1 small bottle of cider.

I've put on 0.5lb and I'm back to feeling really bloated so I've looked at all my SW mags and have picked out a EE 7 day menu plan, I went shopping last night after class and got what I needed so I'm going to stick to it and see what happens.

Hoping to start doing some exercise, I should be around a bit more next week as I have a whole week off work :D

will catch you all later xx

Aw that's a shame about the meals... although maybe if you know someone who travels to and from here a bit you could get them to pick you up some!
I totally get what you mean about life getting in the way. It's going to get in the way for me for the next two weeks and I just can't see a way to avoid it. My mother's birthday is Monday and she wants me to go out with her Sunday night, pub, dancing the whole shebang.. and the week after that is my own birthday and dammit I am NOT going to be worrying about syns then!

loonylamb said:
hi all, mandy, I've had a look but the shops that stock them aren't over here, might be cos you're in ireland that they only have them in shops there. (damn knew it was too good to be true)

roziee I feel for you with the 2 week period, mine's never stopped since I came on 2 weeks ago and it's looking like it's here to stay for a bit longer too.

Lucia, sorry to hear you've had a horrible time, glad to see you're back with us and although at times this thread can be quiet it's a wonderful place to be.
Now that certain judgmental people have left the thread, i know I can come on here and i can have a carp week/day/month but you are all here with your helpful suggestions, everyone is here to listen and everyone understands that life does get in the way at times.
The support on here is fantastic and it's here when we need it the most (when we are feeling crappy) I would not have re-started had it not been for that PM from roziee, so please remember we are here for you.

Well last week I lost 1lb of the 2lb I'd gained, went away feeling hopeful that I could have a good week, cos of this bloody period (no pun intended) I've been craving chocolate and trying to hold it off, been fairly successful, although meals and snacks weren't very well planned and the odd day I would have 3 or 4 HEB choices.
Went to see the red hot chilli peppers on sunday, took some food with me but ended up having curry and chips, a hotdog and 1 small bottle of cider.

I've put on 0.5lb and I'm back to feeling really bloated so I've looked at all my SW mags and have picked out a EE 7 day menu plan, I went shopping last night after class and got what I needed so I'm going to stick to it and see what happens.

Hoping to start doing some exercise, I should be around a bit more next week as I have a whole week off work :D

will catch you all later xx

And I'm so glad I sent that PM too :) its lovely to see you posting again darling. Thank you for your lovely comments.

I think my period has stopped now. ive definitely been so hormonal recently. Crying at everything on the tv lol bloody ridiculous. Nothing ever used to make me cry on tv and now I sob my eyes out when the biggest loser is on ahaha.

I put on 5 lbs last week and I did a sneaky peak this morning and if I continue to have a good week I might have got rid of that weight in a week. Hope so. Definitely going to continue being carb free in the evening. Think that's helping a lot.

Whole week off work sounds brill. What's the plan for the week then?

xMandyDx said:
Aw that's a shame about the meals... although maybe if you know someone who travels to and from here a bit you could get them to pick you up some!
I totally get what you mean about life getting in the way. It's going to get in the way for me for the next two weeks and I just can't see a way to avoid it. My mother's birthday is Monday and she wants me to go out with her Sunday night, pub, dancing the whole shebang.. and the week after that is my own birthday and dammit I am NOT going to be worrying about syns then!

Exciting times ahead Mandy!!!! What do u have plans for your birthday? I hope hubby is organising an extravaganza like u did for him!

I have no firm plans for my birthday yet, Rozie... just going to pick a day and have some nice treats and a few drinks. Nothing major... OH won't have a chance to plan anything huge for me, since he's still in his mother's lol... I haven't given in to him yet and I won't until he learns his lesson.
I STS this week. Not surprised, but a bit disappointed, since it was only one night off plan and I was so, so good the rest of the time. C'est la vie. I'm know I'm going out this week for my mother's birthday, but I'm going to be good as gold the rest of the time and hopefully shift something next week. Be no hope of anything shifting the week after. So much for my stone goal for my birthday... but I have the rest of the year (apart from October, for my little one's birthday) to get some stones off.

Thankyou everyone for such a lovely welcome back in the fold x

WI for me today and Ihave a weighday routine (well it's fortnightly actually), are you all the same?

Toast and boiled eggs for brekkie. never have my bowl of fruit on a Thursday morning as I feel I will weigh it, I know thats daft but there you go!

Lunch today was scanbran and marmite and quark and an apple.

I weigh at 5:30 and then have a hifi and a options hot choc and a piece of fruit while waiting for class to start.

Then I go home and have a homemade lasagne(all in the hot hostess as I'm starvin marvin when I get through the door) and salad and a big bowl of fruit.

The second week I dont stay to group but we have a small pizza in pizza hut which is called a pizzetta and low cal with heaps of salad. The wierd thing is, I normally lose more weight when I have been to Pizza hut that when I havent. Intrestingly, this months losses are 1lb (no pizza hut), 4lbs (pizza hut) 2lbs (no pizza hut) so will be intresing to see what happens tonight as we had our pizza last Thurs!

Anyone else weighing today?

Good luck for wi hun!

My routine on wi day is cereal for brekkie, banana for snack, soup and crackerbread for lunch, hifi for afternoon snack and nothing after 4pm lol. Dinner does vary though, and if I'm really naughty after wi I normally can't get back on it the next day so in normally pretty good.

Tummy is very bad again today. Not sure why. Think I'm stressed as work is stressful but not in a bad way in a busy way. So I've kept up with the lemons in hope they help and bought some slimatee.

Hope everyone has a good evening x

No routine for me because I have my WIs in the mornings..

May I have your lasagne recipe Lucia? Not seen a sw recipe for that before.

Hope your tummy feels better jayde. Listen to your slim pods when you're feeling stressed Hun x

Thanks for the positive vibes cos they worked!4 off for me!!!! My total for this yr now, Roziee is 32lbs so I think I have a pound left of the holiday poundage so can you update please Roziee with this yrs loss as 32lbs, thanks hun.

Lasange, dead easy.

Pasata with garlic and herbs
tin toms
tomatopuree
oxo cube
extra lean mince
lots of onions, grated carrot,mushroom, cougette all chopped
pck colemans cheese sauce mix with hex a of milk (think its about 8 syns but remember to divide the synnage between the portions)
lasange sheets

cheddar cheese just weigh and syn and divide between the number of servings

dry fry mince and veg, add, oxo cube, passata, drained toms and reduce down and add tom puree for desired consistency.

layer in dish with lasange and make up the sauce mix and spread on the top and sprinkle on cheese and cook in a moderate oven.

Works out around 5 syns ish each depending on the number of servings and it's the real deal, not some yogurt and egg stuff on the top!

I didn't think of the cheddar sauces! I was wondering what you were gonna use as the white sauce! Thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna make some for my lunches next week now!

I've updated you. Well done on your continued amazing losses Lucia xx

Just had fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Going to my mother's around 11.30/12.00 so I need to think of lunch ideas to bring with me, that don't require too much prep.
I'm having chicken salad for dinner, so can't bring that.. perhaps I could bring the makings of beans on toast (no butter - I'm totally limiting my syns since I now have TWO nights to go out this weekend... the total feeling of despair, but I can't deny my mother on her birthday weekend!)
So I'm going to have no syns today apart from a few vodka and diet cokes later on. Going to try and stick with my syns, but if I go over, I'll just limit my syns tomorrow as well. And I'll do the same for Sunday night out.
I wasn't kidding about the feeling of despair, by the way. After my STS this week, I really, REALLY want something off next week. Going to give the weekly syns a go, I think and hope for the best.

Mandy once all your celebrations are over try a week of no carbs in the evening.

That's definitely going to help your losses. I can feel it this week that I'll had a good loss (fingers crossed) my sneaky peak was fantastic - would live to have that or more Monday and even though I've probably lose all the water retention I had from the 2 week period I'm positive this reduction in carbs have helped.

Worth a try if u new a shake up x

Hey Rozie, can you give me a sample menu?

Of course-

Breakfast:

Toast with LF marg
1/2 gala melon

Mid morning snack:
Strawberries and kiwi

Lunch:
Salad potatoes
Chicken
Salad

Rice and curry
Salad

Or anything else really that's SW friendly...

Supper:
Chicken tandoori
Lots and lots of salad with grated cheese..and sometimes with a boiled egg.

Salmon and veg

So have your carbs during the day so your body can process them... But just eat salad and meats.. Or boiled veg..

I'm not bloated as I used to be because I'm not eating as many carbs. I suppose this is a red day Mandy but I'm not following it religiously. Taking the pressure off altogether. You should too. Don't go mental. If I think about it I'm hardly having any syns... Just delicious nutritious sw meals :)

I've been having lattes this week from the coffee shop, had a couple of treats but nothing out of this world. I'm definitely continuing this. And most importantly exercising 30 mins every day.

Hi ladies hope you are having a lovely weekend :) no carbs sound like a good idea but not sure I could do it every day. Lemon water is going well and hoping for at least 2lbs off this week.

Had half a toasted muffin and a fried egg for breakfast felt like a real treat plus fruit and a yoghurt.

Made myself a chart counting down the 6st challenge into 1/2 stone awards to try and keep me going. Not sure I will make 6st by Xmas but gonna see how far I get!

Back