The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

Woohoo! 4lb is amazing! Well done you! xx

4lbs off this morning - so that's the 3lbs I put on last week + a new lb :)

No time to post diary but just wanted to get my great news out there :D

Well done Alli! Woo Hoo!! :D x

Thanks all,

So my menu today has been a bit random but OK I think (I'll soon find out when I write it out ;))

B: Activia yogurt x 2
S: Clementines
L: Pork grill & bacon salad with poached egg
S: Twister (4), 2 slices w/m bread with cheese (HEA) and marmalade (1)
D: Spicy chicken & Couscous salad
S: Sugar free jelly

Actually looking pretty good - I wasn't very planned today as I was supposed to be travelling and had planned to go to M&S for food. Had to improvise at home instead but it worked out fine.

1 x 100% day done. I'm aiming for 6 this week. Sunday is DS birthday and we are going out for a chinese meal (his choice) so I know it will be a flexi day. I'm going to save 5 syns per day to help towards Sunday but having a chinese the day before weigh-in is never going to be great! ;).

Today's menu will be (green):

B: Chocolate weetabix (HEB + 2), milk (HEA)
L: Fruit platter, couscous salad (2.5)
S: Fibre + (HEB)
D: BNS Risotto
S: Yogurt

It's sunny again after last night's rain - YAY!! :)

Hi Alli,

Sounds like you've done some good planning. I hope DS has a lovely birthday out. I have seen some posting about the best SW choices for Chinese food, but I'll get you've already checked al that out!

I hope you have a lovely day and at work and loads of sunshine!

MM

I'm going to try your BNS risotto tonight Alli, hope you are managing to get some R and R in. xx

What's BNS Risotto??? :confused:

It's Butternut Squash risotto - just me being lazy not typing it all out :eek:

In case you are interested it's super easy (just a lot of stirring) - there's a recipe in the EE book that uses bacon but I do it this way:

*Chop up a leek or two
*Dice a BNS :p into small-ish dice and roast half in the oven until brown and crispy and steam / boil the other half and mash. I normally cut nice dice for roasting out of the top part of the BNS and then roughly cut up the bottom bit (deseeded) and microwave it with a little water until tender).
*put a couple of unpeeled garlic cloves into the roasting tin with the BNS.
*Fry the leeks and then add risotto rice. Ladle in stock (veg or chicken) and stir until absorbed. Keep going ladle by ladle until the rice is soft. When nearly done add the mashed BNS. Once completely done add the roasted BNS and squeeze in the roasted garlic. Add some parmesan and apply to face ;)

Instead of microwaving the BNS you could simply halve the bottom half of the BNS and roast it with the dice/garlic. Then just scrape it out of the skin and mash...

It's a lot easier to make than the description above - I could never write a cook book :rolleyes:

It's Butternut Squash risotto - just me being lazy not typing it all out :eek:

In case you are interested it's super easy (just a lot of stirring) - there's a recipe in the EE book that uses bacon but I do it this way:

*Chop up a leek or two
*Dice a BNS :p into small-ish dice and roast half in the oven until brown and crispy and steam / boil the other half and mash. I normally cut nice dice for roasting out of the top part of the BNS and then roughly cut up the bottom bit (deseeded) and microwave it with a little water until tender).
*put a couple of unpeeled garlic cloves into the roasting tin with the BNS.
*Fry the leeks and then add risotto rice. Ladle in stock (veg or chicken) and stir until absorbed. Keep going ladle by ladle until the rice is soft. When nearly done add the mashed BNS. Once completely done add the roasted BNS and squeeze in the roasted garlic. Add some parmesan and apply to face ;)

Instead of microwaving the BNS you could simply halve the bottom half of the BNS and roast it with the dice/garlic. Then just scrape it out of the skin and mash...

It's a lot easier to make than the description above - I could never write a cook book :rolleyes:
TVM, AOK, RSVP, LOL

Alli, have found your diary, just posting so I will be subscribed... I have read through all of it and feel hopeful seeing your food choices and ups & downs. Have been in denial for ages but think the SW diary thing is really going to help me.

xxx

Hi Alli,

I hope all is well with you. I think you are the SW goddess!

MM

you know, if you post once you get alerts in the user cp that someone has posted on that thread?

xxx

Hi Everyone,

LOL @ Mel. I'm so not a SW Goddess - at least not this week as I'm celebrating my week of no responsibilities (well, no children)! 3 meals out so far this week so plenty of flexi synning going on here :D.

Am living on free food inbetween though so am hoping I can STS this week and will try and make more of an effort next week when the kids are back but as I will be off work I suspect it will be a challenge.

Anyway - no meal out tonight so am having:

B: 2 Activia yogurts, fruit
L: Carrot & Lentil soup, w/m roll with ham (HEB)
D: Cajun spiced chicken with couscous (with chickpeas and preserved lemons)
S: Fruit, fruit and more fruit.

Went on a treasure hunt around Covent Garden / Soho yesterday after work. So much fun and it got pretty competitive - didn't win though but at least worked out enough clues to get us to the pub at the end ;) Might do something like that for the children this summer (without the pub) as it's a great way of exploring as well as working as a team.

Happy Friday everyone!

Morning Alli,

Treasure hunt sounds like a lot of fun. We used to do something similar, driving round the countryside finding clues and ending up at a pub somewhere. :D

Hope you have a good day today. xx

Would love to know if the flexi syn thing works... fab if it does. Good luck and report back! (And enjoy the quiet week!)

xxx

you know, if you post once you get alerts in the user cp that someone has posted on that thread?

xxx

um.....:eek:......in the user cp....right...:eek:. Only been using mini's for 2 years though
- gosh, I'm stupid.

I love preserved lemons Alli - DD1 did some ginger recently, loads of it, pickled - just lovely and nearly all gone. :)

The treasure hunt sounds fun, I love taking part in those.
I used to do them for the children's parties as well, using all sorts of daft clues - find the tree that looks like a rabbit - left 20 paces - jump over the huge river ( a small ditch), find a scrap of sheep's wool, a feather, a flower, a round pebble and so on. At each point there'd be another clue but they'd hare round it so quickly after I'd taken ages to do it! After about 1/2 a mile they'd be back and have to find a particular spot and dig for treasure - usually a tin full of chocolate money buried in the garden, once lots of 'jewels' from the charity shops. They loved it.

Have a great weekend. xx

Oh Bess... how did you find our posts before then? Aw.

The treasure hunts sound fab, I did some too, and a friend did the best ones ever... my kids still have little retro soft toys that they 'found' at the end of their particular trail in her garden!

xxx

Oh Bess... how did you find our posts before then? Aw.

The treasure hunts sound fab, I did some too, and a friend did the best ones ever... my kids still have little retro soft toys that they 'found' at the end of their particular trail in her garden!

xxx

Well the same way I do now, :eek:. I click onto to Mini's weigh loss support forum at the top up there ^ and scroll down 'til I find SW diaries, or 'our bit'.....Is it easier to click onto user CP then? I only use it to pm someone, which is very, very rare or to change my sig. (which is rarer still! :rolleyes: , but maybe not so rare from now on? :D) So slow.....:sigh: I've just given DD3 back her fancy phone as I really can't get on with it, gone back to my Asda £10 one and I'm having enough trouble with that as well. Everyone is getting one word texts....:rolleyes:

Back