The brutal truth...

Your body has got use to eating healthy foods and when you reintroduce the naughty high carb foods again you often find your body rebels...something subconsciously helped you say no to a dairy milk...I find that very positive.

Well, yesterday has happened and I enjoyed it. Now it's time to pick up where I left off. I'm feeling extremely tired today and wonder if it's some kind of junk food hangover...

Food for the day

Breakfast
2 hard boiled eggs
Blueberries

Lunch
2 small slices wholemeal (hexb)
4 slices thin ham
2 laughing cow light (2.5syns)
Sugar snap peas and tomatoes
Apple

Dinner
Home made meatballs
Homemade pasta sauce
Pasta
30g cheese (hexa)
Muller light

Snacks
Mozzarella and pesto curls 5syns.
Banana

Total
7.5 sysn

Enjoyed helping out with the school trip to the botanic gardens today. Breakfast was a rush and lunch was a picnic bit I think I did OK. Should probably be concentrating on sp & p foods this week but I'm finding that a bit tricky.

Breakfast
Pickled egg (told ya it was a rush!)

Lunch
2 small slices wholemeal bread (hexb)
Wafer thin ham
Philadelphia lightest (hexa I think)
Apple
Banana

Dinner
Linda McCartney sausages
Bacon
2 eggs
Roast sweet potato
Cherry tomatoes
Muller light

Snacks
3 custard creams (9 syns)
Sunbites sweet chilli crackers (5 syns)

Total of 14 syns. Isn't it amazing how quickly the syns rattle up when you use them on 'naughty' food?! I've seen the day when I'd eat a whole packet of biscuits while trying to decide what to have for a snack!!!

I'm walking around with knots in my stomach as I return to work tonight after 7 months off, following an accident where I shattered my lower leg! I know it'll be fine but I'm still full of nerves about it! I'm managing to control my eating. Before now I would've been comfort eating to get me through the day! I don't know what's changed in me but I feel like I can do this! Yummy menu planned for today...

Breakfast
Overnight oats (hexb) with muller light and frozen berries

Lunch
Jacket potato
Cottage cheese
Apple
Orange

Dinner
Roast salmon with couscous and broccoli

Snacks
Banana
Sunbite sweet chilli crackers (5.5syns)

Still a bit low on speed foods but 5.5 syns for the day isn't too bad.

Well, it was silly to be so nervous about work. It was fine and the girls were really good and looked after me well.
I've not got much food in. A big shop is needed!

Breakfast
Banana and yoghurt

Lunch
Ot for lunch so I'll probably have soup and a sandwich.

Dinner
Minute steak
Home made potato rosti
Broccoli

Snacks
Apple

Not sure of syns yet but lunch will probably take care of those as well as my hex's.

A one pound loss this week. Aiming for 2 next week!

Oh I'll take a pickled egg anytime of the day!

Need to be good this week to try and get my 2lb target.

Breakfast
Thin ham
Strawberries

Lunch
Cheese sandwich (hexa & b) mugshot
Apple

Dinner
Sw kedgeree
Salad
Fresh pineapple

Snacks
Banana
Kettle bites (5syns)
Curly wurly (6syns)

Total of 11 sync today. It's pizza Friday in our house...I'll need to stay strong!!

Stay strong! Food looks good and keep that target in your head :) It's pub Friday at work today so I am going to need will power to stick to lime and soda and ignore the fact that cheesy chips exist!

Thank you! Managed to avoid pizza so all good. Hope the cheesy chips weren't too much of a distraction for you!

At work until midnight tonight. Food today goes...
Breakfast
2 poached eggs
2slices nimble bread (hexb)

Lunch
Leftover kedgeree
Orange

Dinner
SW homemade chicken tikka & rice

Snacks
Cadbury caramel cake bar (6.5syns)
2 babybel lights (hexa)

Syns for today=6.5.

Last edited:
Well done on your loss hun, hope works ok, food sounds yummy xxxx

What an amazingly sunny day. We have enjoyed a wander round a local farm, had lunch in their cafe then pottered in the garden. It's what sunny Sundays are all about!

Breakfast
Banana
Muller light

Lunch
Lentil soup
Brown bread (hexb)
Salad
Ice cream cone

Dinner
Roast pork
Carrots, peas, beetroot and pickled onions (just because!)
Fresh pineapple and yoghurt

Syns maybe 9 for the ice cream? And will probably have a packet of my favorite maple bbq kettle bites later. 14.5 Syns in total.

Sounds like you had a lovely day hun xxxx

No cheesey chips but plenty of alcohol! Was the icecream a Mr Whippy? I'm sure my consultant said they were 8.5 syns fos a small, so you're probably about bang on with 9 :)

No cheesey chips but plenty of alcohol! Was the icecream a Mr Whippy? I'm sure my consultant said they were 8.5 syns fos a small, so you're probably about bang on with 9 :)

It was a mint choc chip small kids cone! I've probably gone a little bit over, never mind!

Now that the fog has lifted, it's lovely and sunny. Could be fooled into thinking summer is here!

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
Fresh pineapple

Lunch
2 slices nimble bread (hexb)
Philadelphia lightest (hexa)
Smoked salmon
Cucumber
Apple

Dinner
Pasta and homemade sauce
2 Tesco light Cumberland sausages (1 sync each? Need to check)
Salad

Snacks
Banana
Kettle bites 5syns
Curly wurly 6syns

13 syns for the day.

So busy today that I've literally not had time to eat! It's my sons 7th birthday on Thursday so I've been running about trying to sort that. Didn't pre plan so I've really not had much. I hope it doesn't affect my loss this week!

Breakfast
Nothing. I didn't have time before the school run and was away out straight after.

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (hexb) with ham and a little bit pickle (maybe half a syn?)

Dinner
Chicken, slimming world chips, salad
Muller light

Snacks
2 babybel lights (hexa)
Bbq maple bites (5syns)
Curly wurly (6syns)

Total of 11.5 syns today. Will do better tomorrow.

Another busy day happening here! No time for breakfast again but I did have the foresight to take a banana in my bag with me. However, I forgot it was there so never actually ate it!! I really hope my lack of foods won't affect my weight in tomorrow.

Breakfast
A big fat nothing

Lunch
Sushi (4.5 syns)

Dinner
Couscous, healthy living sausages (2syns), salad
Strawberries and blueberries

Snacks
Apple
4 laughing cow lights (hexa)
2 slices wholemeal bread (hexb)

Total of 6.5 syns today.