The brutal truth...

Still going strong and my sneaky Tuesday jump on the scales reveals a loss so I'm excited for Thursday now!

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
Asparagus

Lunch
Sandwich thin (hexb)
Baked beans
Apple

Dinner
Slimming world carbonara
Salad
Yoghurt

Snacks
Pop corners (4.5syns) - these are AMAZING for anyone who hasn't tried them!
Banana
2 babybel lights (hexa)

I'm doing a 12hr nightshirt tonight so not sure yet about what I'll be eating overnight. Might have to just take some free snacks with me.

Post nightshift is as tricky for eating as during nightshift! So I finished at half 7 and got home about 8, got the kids ready and packed off to school then had a yoghurt before going for a few hours kip. It's strange to get up and move straight to lunch. But I think I've managed, though I've possibly undereaten. Then of course there's the problem of where to put the food I've eaten overnight! Is it today's or yesterday's. I used to graze all night long and was convinced it was 'free'! Therefore the calories didn't count!! I wonder why I'm fat! So today's diary starts at 8am. The salad and banana I had overnight will just need to stay in its nightshift void!

Breakfast
Weight watchers yoghurt

Lunch
Chicken tikka chunks

Dinner
Omelette with cheese (hexa)
Sweet potato chips
Peas

Snacks
Tunnocks tea cake (5syns)
Pop corners (4.5syns)
Maybe a slice of toast if I'm hungry (hexb)

9.5 syns today. It's weigh in tomorrow and I'm very hopeful for a decent loss.

I'm stunned to have lost 6lbs this week!! It just goes to show what can be achieved if you stick with it. I find it so easy to resign myself to being fat, and start having the odd biscuit here and there but I haven't done that this week. I've stuck to it 100%.

My total loss so far is 33lbs. So happy :D

I'll be back later with my diary xx

I'm still on a high after today's loss! I was out for breakfast and out for lunch but was as good as I could be....until confronted by a packet of choc chip cookies. I'm might have indulged in one or five...o_O

I'm out at the pub tonight so will be having a few vodkas, with diet coke of course! Though I've not been bad bad today, I've gone off plan so will resume counting syns tomorrow. I promise :p

Breakfast
2 poached eggs and one slice brown toast

Lunch
Vegetable soup and cheese toasties

Dinner
SW chilli con carne and rice.

Snacks
Too many cookies
Probably too many vodkas

Syns - probably too many xx

Last edited:
Last night was fab. Caught up with a few friends and enjoyed a few drinks. I'm feeling a little sluggish and weary today and craving bad carbs. I've been ignoring the cravings and bashing on with the plan.

Breakfast
Oops...never managed due to the rush to get out the door but had a digestive biscuit that the nursery teacher gave me because I said I was starving! (4syns)

Lunch
Mugshot
Chicken tikka chunks
Pickled egg
Velvet crunch (5syns)

Dinner
Jacket potato with leftover chili and 40g reduced fat cheese (hexa)
Salad
Yoghurt

Snacks
2 alpen light bars (hexb)

It's our gala day tomorrow so I might not be here to post. But I'll be back soon x

The lost weekend!
It was our gala day on Saturday and we had a blast! After the parade, we went to a bbq and enjoyed lovely food and lots of gin! Sunday was an utterly write off and I indulged in buttered toast, crisps and a chippy dinner! Not so slimming world friendly though so I'm back on track today. I need to shift 2.5lbs to get into the teens but don't think I'll manage that after yesterday but I'll give it a good try!

Breakfast
Pickled eggs and ham

Lunch
Sweet chilli chicken and salad

Dinner
Tbc...maybe pasta

Snacks
Velvet crunch
Banana

*sigh* yesterday never went as planned either! So annoyed with myself! Lunch was in a soft play where I had a big plate of nachos. With cheese sour cream and guacamole. Breakfast, dinner and snacks were fine though so I really hope I've not done too much harm.

Trying to be extra good today as I've only got 2 days before weigh in. I'm not hopeful for a loss though!

Breakfast
Banana
Weight watchers yoghurt

Lunch
Ryvita and cottage cheese
Pickled egg
Ham
Strawberries

Dinner
Cajun chicken with roast peppers and slimming world wedges.
Fresh apricots

I'll wait and see what snacks are and only have if I need them. It's probably not the way to go about it, but I just don't want to eat for the sake of it x

What's going on with me this week?! Just can't seem to get my head back into it...totally craving carbs, and giving in to my cravings. I was fine yesterday until mid afternoon when I had 3 slices of white bread with peanut butter plus a packet of mini cheddars. Then didn't want my dinner so didn't have anything gets with the family. Of course, I was starving by 9pm and had cheese on toast and a packet of velvet crunch. I'm even struggling with doing a proper healthy shopping and meal plan. I just have zero motivation and can't think of decent meals to have! It's ferry frustrating. So my meals for today...

Breakfast
2 slices French toast made with 2 eggs and 2 small slices wholemeal bread (hexb)

Lunch
Couscous with 2 Linda McCartney sausages
Apple

Dinner
Jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad

Working nightshift so will take some cooked chicken and fruit to snack on overnight. Weigh in tomorrow...will let you know how that goes!

Hey Hun we all have ups an downs I think looking through old recipes an rembering what you enjoyed then you get that light bulb moment an think oh I want that for dinner an that an that have a read through you diary I bet there's things you have not had in a while that you will soon fancy my key is writing a dinner list for the week an sticking to it if i want it or not had to sit an dribble at my mate ordering Chinese earlier while I was coming home to my stew but hey 6lbs an 33 overall wowwwww go girl an good luck Hun for weigh in

Hey Hun we all have ups an downs I think looking through old recipes an rembering what you enjoyed then you get that light bulb moment an think oh I want that for dinner an that an that have a read through you diary I bet there's things you have not had in a while that you will soon fancy my key is writing a dinner list for the week an sticking to it if i want it or not had to sit an dribble at my mate ordering Chinese earlier while I was coming home to my stew but hey 6lbs an 33 overall wowwwww go girl an good luck Hun for weigh in

I'm going to sit down tonight and make a meal plan. I've just got the latest slimming world magazine so always find that quite motivating!
Thanks for the advice...much needed at this point!

It's no surprise rgat I've gained a pound this week. To be fair, I thought it would've been more! It's still disappointing though and I now need to dust myself down, and refocus!

I'm just up after night shift so meals tend to be fewer...

Breakfast/ lunch
Pickled egg and ham
Banana

Dinner
Mince and potatoes
Yoghurt

Snacks
2 alpen light bars (hexb)
2 babybel light (hexa)
4.5 syns on crisps
Apple

Total of 4.5 syns for the day.

It Friday and it's sunny! All good and I'm feeling positive and motivated today.
Did well yesterday so trying to carry that over the weekend.

Breakfast
Apple
Wafer thin ham

Lunch
Couscous with sweet chilli chicken chunks and sugar snap peas
Peach

Dinner
Homemade cheese burger (hexa and hexb)
Salad
Sweet potato wedges
Yoghurt and strawberries

Snacks
Pop corners (4.5 syns)
Curly wurly (6syns)

Totaling 10.5 syns today.

Sunny where it's cold an horrible where I live even had to put my coat on, looking good though Hun keep it up

Well last night's cloud was short lived and the sun is shining once again. Hurrah!

I was feeling all smug when I made pancakes for the kids breakfast and never ate any....until I was Hank Marvin while preparing lunch and scoffed the two that were leftover! Hey ho...

Breakfast
Big bowl of strawberries with natural yoghurt

Lunch
2 chicken heck sausages (1 syn)
Puy lentils
Sugars nap peas
Beetroot
Peach

Dinner
Chicken topped with cheese and tomato
Salad
Yoghurt

Snacks
Curly wurly (6syns)
Pop corners (4.5syns)

Total syns = 10.5 plus the pancakes!

I'm still here! Truly awful day yesterday as I was struck down with some horrible stomach bug! I slept all day and went to bed at 9pm and slept all night then woke up feeling brand new! Thank God for my friends who picked up my kids from school and delivered them to karate and fed them! On the plus side, I only ate two slices of toast yesterday and the scales are happy this morning. I hope I can keep the loss going this week. It's my birthday tomorrow so I'll need to be super restrained!! I haven't planned my meals for today yet so I'll be back later to update x

I've not gone awol...it just seems that way! My birthday was Wednesday so I was very indulgent but I'm back to my new way of eating today!

Breakfast
2 poached eggs and 1 slice toast (hexb)

Lunch
Mugshot
Frinton
Yoghurt

Dinner
Chicken and veg casserole

Night shift tonight solutions I'll take some eggs and meat to pick at. And some low syn crisps and babybel lights too.

Syns today 4.5.

Delighted to have lost 3 lbs this week. Another half pound and I'll be into the teens again! How exciting!! X

Writing from my sofa where I'm slobbing out, after being awake for 28hrs straight! When I've done night shift on a Friday, I feel cheated if I sleep all day Saturday so I didn't bother today...paying for it now! Matchsticks anyone??!

I've not eaten much today, but here's my diary any how.

Breakfast
Didn't have anything due to lack of appetite after work.

Lunch
Ham
Pickled egg
Apple

Dinner
Heck sausages (2syns)
Peas
Mini magnum (??syns)

I'll guess 10 syns for the magnum so 12 for the day.

Forgot to update yesterday!

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs (plus some of the kids leftover egg!)

Lunch
Spaghetti hoops on 2 small slices toast (hexb)

Dinner
Roast chicken
Singing swede
Mixed veg
Yorkshire pudding (2 syns)
Drizzle of gravy (1 syn)

Snacks
Packet of kettle bites 5syns

All good at 8 syns. Until....my in laws came home from their holidays and brought a box of lindor chocolates. My oh and I demolished the entire lot, mostly to get rid of them! Probably not the most clever of decisions, but they're gone now and I don't need to think about them again!! Will be better today!!

It's Monday so I'm refocused. The cupboards are bare and I've no car today to get out and restock so I'll make a big pot of soup from the scraps in the veg drawer which will do for lunches over the next few days.

Breakfast
Banana
Yoghurt

Lunch
Bowl of lentil and veg soup
Ham sandwich with hexb of bread
Apple

Dinner
Tuna pasta salad with hexa of cheese and 1 tbs extra light mayo (1syn)
Yoghurt

Snacks
Velvet crunch (5syns)

Total of 6 syns today.
I need to lose half a pound to get into the teens this week but a sneaky jump on the scales yesterday (pre chocolate binge) shows a gain! I've got work to do here!!

Back