The Curvy_Chicken Chronicles - I AM Gonna be Slim!!!!

Holidays and Diets Don't Mix

I am currently on holiday in Malta, visiting my family.

Feeling quite frustrated at the moment - I don't feel as though I have much control of my diet unless we eat out. Meal times feel wrong. Quite anxious now that I may be undoing some of the weight-loss I have achieved during the last two months. Trying hard to remind myself that this is only a week and that if I practise a certain amount of damage control hopefully I won't put any if much weight (I could live with a pound gain!).

I will be coming back in December for Christmas which I am quite worried about now. Have decided that when I come here I will have a budget of money to go food shopping with and I will ensure that I go shopping on first day for breakfasts and lunches - which are the problem areas at the moment. I will also have to endure some family buffets - which are mammoth here. I will try to have a meal before going to any of these and am hoping that I can get my mum to ask my family in advance not to feel offended if I don't eat any of their food (except fruit!).

Although I feel very relaxed and chilled from week here so far, I have also been feeling a bit low because I may have messed up my diet and a horrible shoe shopping experience...

I have never been particularly self conscious about my legs - but now I worry I have super huge calves :-( went shopping with my mum to buy some boots only to find that no zip up boots would zip up - not even half way. I did eventually get some - but I felt as though I had to make a compromise. GRRRR hate all shopping now - it feels as though everything out there is designed to make me feel like crap!

Looking forward to one day being and feeling normal. Now also further committed to blogging about every shop that caters for those us bigger and recording how crap it feels to be overweight/obese - even having lost some weight.

Back