the girlfriend has made me go to SW...

and reluctant at first as i was, we are now into our third week and its great!

I've just discovered this site in the last week and have already picked off a few recipes. We've both started on the Extra Easy plan and it is that, easy. We both eat lots of the free foods and breakfast lunch and dinners have been constructed with little thought or hassle and nearly every day our meals have been syn free.

In my first week i'd lost 11lbs, 2nd week i've lost 5lbs so already i've seen unbelievable results.

However, this weekend i was on a stag and have drank copious amounts of alochol and there was barbeque food and then burgers and chips on the way home. Feel really guilty about this and am now worried that i've undone a lot of my good work. anyone any tips for a recovery after such a bad weekend?

also, are there many males on the forum or are we not welcome! :crazy:

Well done on your success so far, try not to beat yourself up so much because you may then turn that weekend into a week! I had the same thing.. I used 36syns on Sunday by eating camembert!.. I ate lots of speed foods so that includes fruits such as blueberries and raspberries, strawberries etc and lots of superfree foods which include those but also all your other fruits and veg. Drink lots of water and try to minimise the syns that you use. You should be able to bring it back.
You sound as though you are doing really well, just keep in mind the way in which you felt when you stepped on the scale and saw that 11lb loss and keep that as your motivation..

Also there are a few men around, including a couple of men who were finalists for this years Slimming World Man of the Year

Hello and Welcome!!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, SW is a great way of losing weight as you can still eat great food and when you are out you can make sensible choices!!

Dont worry about your weekend though, we all have them!!!!! :D I just get back onto plan straight away and keep syns to the minimum 5 a day.

My boyfriend also does SW with me and has lost over half a stone. He loves that he can still eat his favourite foods (just adapted a bit to make them SW)

Good luck and look forward to reading more of your posts! ;)

Ah best of luck. I tend to find that if I need to undo damage I will eat lots of vegetable rich foods and snack on free foods avoiding too many syns from snacks and sauces for a few days.

Of course men are welcome here!

Well done on your losses so far! Men have this annoying habit of loosing weight far quicker than women, but even so, thats an amazing achievement! :)
Keep up the good work!

Boys are welcome anyday- we all get girly and blush when you are around, or turn all clucky and motherly- you will be well looked after here!

Well done on your fabulous success so far- sounds like you are doing great. Your weekend is history now- no point in getting frantic about it- you can't expect to change old habits in a couple of weeks. Just move on and maybe plan a little better for next time- at least so you have learnt something for coping in the future

Good luck

xxxx

Well done on your losses so far.

Don't worry about a little slip up - it's only one day, and will not undo all the good work. Just get back into it, and think of this thing as a healthy eating plan for life.

Good luck ;)

A MAN??? ON HERE???? NOOOOOOOO!!!!! (kick him off! lol)

Of course you're welcome hun, not sure how many other male lurkers we have though, you'll have to have a poke about. Well done on joining and on your losses so far - i wouldn't worry too much about the stag weekend - we all have days where life just gets in the way, the secret (or not so secret) to not letting it ruin your hard work is to not dwell on it, draw a line and get back to the healthy stuff. Remember to drink loads of water too, just to flush out all the junk and you'll be fine. xx

thanks for all the replies and encouragement. Hopefully the good work will pay off in the long run, one bad week i suppose isnt going to ruin it... as i keep saying its a marathon and not a sprint, i'll get where i want to in the end..

I look forward to reading loads of new recipes and helpful and insightful tips..

when i put my mind to something i like to do it right, and with SW every effort is going to go into it, and this forum certainly seems like an excellent way to help and encourage reaching my goal.

and reluctant at first as i was, we are now into our third week and its great!

I've just discovered this site in the last week and have already picked off a few recipes. We've both started on the Extra Easy plan and it is that, easy. We both eat lots of the free foods and breakfast lunch and dinners have been constructed with little thought or hassle and nearly every day our meals have been syn free.

In my first week i'd lost 11lbs, 2nd week i've lost 5lbs so already i've seen unbelievable results.

However, this weekend i was on a stag and have drank copious amounts of alochol and there was barbeque food and then burgers and chips on the way home. Feel really guilty about this and am now worried that i've undone a lot of my good work. anyone any tips for a recovery after such a bad weekend?

congrats on the great start mate!! i am a male!!!! there are more of us on here, keep up the good work

Welcome Paulusmaximus! Lol (love the name) good luck to the both of you with your journey, you will find everyone lovely, and really helpful and there are some great tips and recipies on here :) x

I think there will always be times when you fall off the wagon at social occassions, holidays etc so you have to be realistic and not beat yourself up about it. The most important thing is to get straight back on track. I am terrible at saying, oh well i've ruined it now so i may as well have another drink, burger etc etc. Especially the day after when you feel a bit fragile and Mc Ds is calling!

Im new to the forum too and a bloke, and have been on a cycle of 2 pound on 2 pound off for a while. I have lost over 3 stone on SW since jan 09 and was close to my target, but put 8 pound on at xmas which hasnt seemed to want to go. My mum was recently unexpectedly hospitalised for over a week which led to nearly 2 weeks of being bad and a further 4 pound on. I started again properly last week and lost 2 pound this week, I am determined to get back to my target and have a stone to go.

My mum was recently unexpectedly hospitalised for over a week
Sorry to hear your mum has been poorly and well done for getting back on track! Good luck with the loss. xx

We're welcome - just not that numerous...

and welcome to the madhouse... :)

brilliant losses so far, well done and welcome to minis :D

You are spot on... this is a lifestyle thing and you will get to your target regardless so theres no need to worry about social events and blips. Its the long term that counts. GOOD LUCK xxx

hi and welcome.

wow your off to a good start.

as for your slip up at the weekend the most important thing as the girls have already mentioned , is that you stopped it there and it didnt turn into a bad week etc.

we all have little blips on our journey, its getting back on track thats important.

good luck on your journey

:D

welcome :grouphugg:

congratulations on the great weight loss

as for you weekend binge, forget about it, we all have been there and done that.

Back