the "i want to lose 50lb by 2011" thread

didn't make it in the end, i am a failure and a dropout :( i was just too bloody tired. so all those lovely men are safe. for now...

on a brighter note i'm going to the czech republic for christmas! yaaaay!! now, just to get slim so i fit in the plane seats. ;)

I stayed the same this week - was the tail end of TOTM and am on WW and having looked at my tracker I saved a few points every day and then did not eat them at the end of the week! My fault really! Oh well - am still very focused on the main goal and have made the changes I need to make to see a loss on the scales next week!

Hope everyone is having or has had a good week!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

WI for me today and I'm down 4lbs. Went to the diet club and as a reward they gave me a £25.00 gift voucher against beauty treatments:D:D I'm going to get pampered.

Sharkbait STS is better than putting on so be proud of your achievement totm can be tricky to get though with out putting any weight on, so well done :0clapper:

Well done Meltdown enjoy your treat.
:talk017:

Colly after some of your posts I can well believe that your a bit of a dropout :D but you are certainly NOT a failure. Life gets in the way and it has been so hot and humid (amongst the rain) that it take it's toll on us. I'm tired and I havent done anything. :nightf:

Ohhh!! a holiday. :cool: You now have something to look forward to so you will fit in the seats as you have time to get yourself organised for the gym and thus slim-line for the seats!! :character00255:

So glad my broadband :pcwhack: is working again I missed you guys!!

Well totm is over and payday is tomorrow, so ill be down the gym tomorrow night hopefully. My prob is my life is so so busy I feel I don't have time to breathe!! Glad you're back I missed you :(

Deep breathes Babes you can do this, life will be easier once we lose more weight. It's tiring lugging all this lard about and just think of the eye candy you will see at the gym :rolleyes:

Well after putting on 10lbs of water :faint2: and 4lbs of fat during my totm, holiday and birthday treats I have been good for the last week and lost 5lbs (plus the water). But in reality it means I have only lost 1lb in three weeks as 4lbs were due to stupidity (but fun).

I have learned a BIG lesson this month and it explains why I was a serial yoyo dieter before. :nono:

I won't be doing this again as I scared myself :fear:

Hi all sorry haven't posted for a while, but have been really ill (stomach cramps, fever, ketones ++++ and really really weak have been in bed most of the time and have not been drinking much water or eating the cd packs however starting to pick back up now. This week I have lost 4lbs (probably thru starvation cos just couldn't keep anything down) so will have a low loss next week!

Well done on your losses

Sorry you're so unwell pound princess.:( Hope you feel better soon.

5.5 off for me last night so 20lbs towards goal.

laura i can't believe how well you are doing, its absolutely amazing!!

welcome to you slimmer, be sure to let us know how you're getting on!

i've been so so again lately, i think i've sts for 2-3 weeks now which all things considered i am happy with. im going away this weekend, but am going to try and be good (famous last words) and am going to the gym tonight and tomorrow to try and compensate for what might not be a great weekend.

ronsy im glad your water weight went- what a relief it must have been.

i got a gorge coat from the asos curve sale through the other day, size 20, its a *bit* tight so i reckon by the end of august i could have it fitting like a glove! hopefully anyway!

Princess hope your feeling better?
Laura well done you are putting me to shame this month!
Slimmer welcome to our group good luck for tomorrow.
Collie what colour is your coat? have fun at the gym.

I'm so glad the water has gone it was so bad this time that I could not bend my fingers without hurting and even my eyes were puffy!! Oh well such is life (and the joys of age). Had bad news about a job yesterday so cooked a big pot of brown rice and spices and a huge portion of poched salmon as I needed to comfort eat. I use this meal to stop me completely losing the plot and am back on track today (leftovers frozen for next time).

Hello Everyone

I found this thread in the maintenance section from Poppypoo. Its worth checking out as it tells you how many cals we each need to lose weight or maintain.

R x

BMR Calculator

Harris Benedict Equation

......................................................................................................

Calculate how many calories you need to stay in bed all day and not gain weight!
Hi everyone.

Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the number of calories your body requires to function when sleeping or lying in bed all day doing nothing.

It is calculated using a formula which considers your gender, age, height and weight.

I'm not advocating lying around in bed all day, but we all have days like that now and again where we're a bit run down or just feel like we deserve a rest because we've been doing too much.

Well here's a fab little tool that I've shared in one of the other forums that might be of use here too as I would think it could come in pretty handy for maintainers.

You can also use it as a base rate for when you are active, by taking your BMR and applying another formula that tells you the total amount of calories your body needs depending on your level of activity from sedentary to extra active.

Calculate your BMR here: BMR Calculator

And the Harris Benedict Formula that you use to estimate your further calorie needs depending on your level of daily activity is at: Harris Benedict Equation

Sorry if this info is a bore to anyone that already knows but not everyone knows about this so I thought it would be good to share.

Xxx

Ooooh! I like that!! I have never seen this site before so have added it to my bookmarks as it looks to have some nice stuff.

Bet you will look cute in the pink! :)

their sale stuff is fab sometimes and its so much nicer/more modern than a lot of the rubbish evans etc seem to have all the time! the coat is gooorgeous on and very flattering, as i say its a bit tight at the moment but nothing i can't slim into by the time it's autumn coat weather!

have you got facebook ronsy? if so private message me the url and i shall add you (if you want of course)- this also goes for any of you lovely wemitts,its always nice to put names/faces to conversation :) xx

i also bought ASOS | ASOS CURVE Lace Bow Bandeau Dress at ASOS but again it's a bit snug at the moment, i'm hoping it'll be a comfortable fit by christmas and that i look remotely like the model in the pic! :8855: what can i say, my dreams stretch far!!

I have lost another 3lbs,woohoo,
thats 12lbs in four weeks,
chuffed to bits especially as clothes are becoming noticeably looser.

Well done Brainsprain your on a roll :superwoman:

Collie love the dress you are going to look fab for Christmas Hols :wee:

Back