the "i want to lose 50lb by 2011" thread

Thank you ronsy and I hope you have a fantastic break xx

colly, I'm sorry to hear of your sad news...hopefully you can take solace in the memories of the happy times you had together. My gran lives in a home as she has severe dementia - she hasn't recognised me for the past five or six years...so visiting is pretty upsetting. But I find it helps to remember better times, I hope you can take some comfort in the same :)

------------------

I'm up 3lbs this week - so going to have to be super strict with myself next week. Just feel fat and awful right now --am avoiding my friends and going out in general because I'm so self-conscious.

Well done on the loss brainsprain - I'd love to be down 4lbs!

i'm up 1lb this week so i know how deflating it can be- we will do it though! x

2lbs a week, I'd like to aim for that, so yes, I'll join you please. it's my 2nd wi tomorrow and I'm hoping to get to the first stone loss, think of me in the morning please

Good luck EmMUK and welcome.:D

well done maynie! and she's a bit better- it turns out the hospital were pumping her full of morphine when she wasnt able to eat or drink so basically it was building up cause she couldn't flush it out. they were effectively poisoning her. her macmillan nurse found out and was (obviously) not very happy about it, so now they've stopped doing it. she's 90% back to herself mentally, we don't know what the long term damage is now though. there's mutterings about her liver being damaged...so i've had another not great weekend on slimming world, sigh, i wish i could find the strength to get on track and stay there. x

Hi, mind if I join in?
I'm newish to the forum and would love to join a challenge and 50lbs by xmas would be a great start :)
Thanks

lost another 3lb tonight,thats my first half stone in just two weeks,
was slimmer of week too,
I have a long way to go but feeling positive now.
Colly,Im sorry bout your nan.

I've now lost.....50lbs :D:D Have lost 10lbs since joining this challenge and have another 46lbs to go before I get to my target.

Forgot to check in this week.. Stayed the same. Bit miffed but thats what I get for having some drinks! Hopefully shall do better this week :D

well done to all who have lost, you're all doing so well!

i havent been for an official wi, but i think i'm half a stone or so lighter than i was a month ago (hopped on someones bathroom scales). it's not much and i know this but all things considered i am pretty happy with this! i have to get there, whatever the speed, cause as conceited as it might sound sometimes i feel quite pretty until i see myself from the shoulders down. i should be able to feel pretty all the time!! x

hanz sts is better than a gain- and you've done so well you deserve to let your hair down and have a few (or many ;)) drinks now and then! x

also, just to hog the page a little more, i bought a skirt today in a size 18 and it FITS, i feel so slim when i manage to buy bits that are in the teen sizes, i can only imagine how i'll feel if i ever get past the teens even if it's just to a 12 :D

hi there, count me in on this one! 50 pounds by the new year is do-able and I need something to keep me focused!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Welcome sharkbait!

Grr I'm so annoyed, I was in work for about 2 mins before resident ***** made a comment about my weight. She knows I've been doing sw and trying to address my weight too, why are people so bloody nasty? :(

Back