The Journey of H - depression

Thank you so much everyone
I am home I gave the grandma the package and she burst into tears (at work) the Mum was rushed into hospital had blood transfusions and was sent home but is supposed to be on bed rest
apparently now the threat is to the Mum not the bady as the baby should be fine the lungs are developed nicely (thanks to the steriods)
and when they sent her home they did say it would happen again - its just a case of when - and yes she is frightened - not surprising really

Hope all goes well for mum and baby,H

Good to see things a little more 'up'for you-even on a down day LOL.

thanks everyone
MF
the meds will kick in - sometimes it can take 6 weeks - then the dose might need to be tweaked - but while you are waiting do what is right for you - if you need to spend time hiding under the duvet then do it - there is not much point in fighting TRUE depression - there is little you can do and sometimes pushing yourself makes it worse (been there done that :) )

as for the weigh in today down another 0.9 this is so good for me - I have now lost week for two weeks :)

today is an UD and I can eat what I like
I have made a spinach and ricotta cannelloni with tomato and mushroom sauce for tonight (using healthy b)
dinner with be jacket with beans and mushrooms
breakfast was an oats so simple using healthy a and b

right off to get my boots on and find an umbrella before leaving the house for work :)

Mine too Cat

well I am just home from work-and I still feel really good this is the second day so I am really hoping it means I am through the worst - I know not all days will be good days but having no good days is really wearing - it would be good to have a few of them

Glad to see that you are having a good day H - I've just looked out of the window at work and it is throwing it down - not good for Puppy training tonight..
Thanks for the advice on the meds - went back to the docs yesterday and he has given me a repeat prescription and another appointment for 5 weeks time so he doesn't appear to be concerned..

Have a great evening and enjoy your tea

T
x

MF
glad your doc is so supportive

I do find knitting very therapeutic its almost meditative so if you suffer from any stressy type symptoms get the knitting out
I take mine to work for quiet moments - everyone has got used to it now and they just want to know the latest project

todays project will be with the fabric I have cut and sewn end to end to make a yarn
bath mat in progress :):)

today I again feel good
it will be a dd for me but as you know a slimming world dd
I will be having home made soup (all free foods many super free) with healthy b of bread for my dinner
I have some 10 cal soups at work if I need something during the day and some mug shots too

plenty of fruit tea to keep the fluids up

I just KNOW today will be a good day
did I say yesterday that I lost another 0.9lb cant remember but I am really pleased with that

Morning H, its so good to hear you so positive again!!

My MIL has just given me a knitting pattern to knit little blankets. They are for memory boxes for the parents of babies that pass away, she has a connection with SANDS ( the study of sudden and neonatal deaths) so i think when i get some wool i will be joining you,especially as its for such a good cause

Morning H, its so good to hear you so positive again!!

My MIL has just given me a knitting pattern to knit little blankets. They are for memory boxes for the parents of babies that pass away, she has a connection with SANDS ( the study of sudden and neonatal deaths) so i think when i get some wool i will be joining you,especially as its for such a good cause

can you scan and email me the pattern - I will then look aout any yarn I have that will be suitable and can send it to you and your MIL to use for the blankets

MF start with something small - do some childrens fingerless mittens
knit a rectangle that when folded in half will fit round their hand - snugly kit it in 2x2 rib then when it is long enough to go from fingers to just beyond the rib sew up the seam leaving a hole for the thumb - really simple can be knit on short or childrens needles - using any yarn being a small project you can keep it on you - if you find yourself somewhere and you have to wait - get it out and do it - saves talking to strangers if you dont feel up to it :):)

you WILL feel better - get some extra sleep if you can and eat lots of foods high in tryptophan its the amino acid the body needs to make seretonin - for some reason in the likes of me and you - our bodies have decided to stop making it - so we need help to recycle more of what we have :):)

its like being a diabetic who needs insulin we need help with our seretonin levels - you WILL get better you need to hold onto that - it will take time - and it will take even more time if the AD is not the right one for you - BUT dont give up

Morning H
Thanks for visiting me yesterday and for your advice.
Really pleased you are feeling much better and glad the knitting is going great guns...
Have a lovely day today x

MF and Fuzzy you are both more than welcome

for both of you doc H recommends rest sleep is a good healer for Fuzzy I recommend not only the movelat but also heat pads on the sore joints - not sure it really does much for the joint but it is comforting :)

as for me I have awoken in the night - came down and started to look through the christmas recipes and drank some fruit tea
got back to bed just as DH was getting up
went back to sleep for a couple of house got up and had a nice bath not just deciding what might be for my down day food
think I will make carrot and corriander soup for my main mean and have either some low fat creme frais with it or some sour cream :) do they do a light version

weather not too good here either
joints feel totally shot today
depression hit hard (to be expected after so many good days) no really sure why - it could be self induced anxiety attack that didnt help
but today is NOT a good day so far

off to ikea and the chinese supermarket :) then an afternoon of cooking christmas treats (trial run as adapting and modifying recipes)

Back