The last of the Mohicans

Also need to add, went to bed early yesterday because I was woozy! This happened to me the first time I did CWP aka "doing the diet correctly without picking!" I don't know if it's because I wait until later on in the day/evening to eat my packs, but I def do not enjoy feeling like that!
Well break's over - it's not because we work from home that we necessarily slack off right?

Thanks Darcy, taking a quick break as my brain is trying to trick me into eating.. after all TGIF right? WHY is it so hard on weekends? Gosh.. I wonder if it makes a difference to have 4 packs or even maybe 3.5 - it has to be better than falling off that wagon... But all in all, I want to turn that "it's the weekend so I can eat whatever I want" mentality for when I get to goal, so I don't come back here and say I've failed the maintenance bit :(

OK so overtime I lift my head out of my work, all I'm thinking is "it's friday night" why? I don't even have the excuse of having to cook tonight, no one's home - cry - I'm taking my work with me and marching up to my bedroom until it's time for my last pack!

Finally in bed! This was a 17hr workday... Just feel gross - had an extra meal - coconut shake... Nothing in there tasted like coconut - wtf?!?

Just catching up on your diary, you sound very determined! :)

My weigh in is Sunday too, roll on tomorrow!!

Good luck with your journey x

So, just had a cruise in the diary section and saw angie-bum's post which resonated very deeply in my head

So let's talk about head games... and weekends
Just had a read through the last 3 posts and YUP - I recognize myself setting up an excuse for the weekend.
It started with the Thursday wooziness - Am I eating enough, Am I not making myself sick? etc.
Friday - My husband and my son went on a 3day weekend ski trip, my daughter is away as well - Oh goody, I don't have to be in the kitchen... yet I am! even more so than necessary as I was working from home...

2pm - full blown TGIF syndrome has set in, I've already had one curry and cut up and frozen a chocolate coconut bar in bits
4pm - bar all gone, so that's 2 packs down one to go
6pm -my water is done - check
I am still working and I have a lot still to do before calling it a day... And i'm thinking how everyone is out and having fun and feeling sorry for myself.
7pm - second curry eaten and I hit panic mode because I've basically only 2 packs of it left, the rest are shakes, soups and noodles packs which make me cringe when I think about them
I immerse myself in work and 3.5 hours have passed!
Then the mind games start, rationalizing the extra pack because i worked long hours, because I felt faint the day before, because I'm tall my body couldn't possibly sustain itself on 3 packs... because ___( fill in the blank - I went through the whole gamut of excuses). So to the kitchen I go and decide to try the coconut shake with my husband's Promixx blender - so here I am, having rationalized that 4 packs are better than cheating (yet there is nothing in my house worth eating anyway).
Result : Disappointment all around - what kind of toy mixer is this?
Should have known that a 2 AAA battery operated apparatus wouldn't make anything creamy out of water and a pack of 100% PURE chemical tasting powder :( Nothing was right about that last pack - the consistency, the taste what about that shake tastes creamy or even of coconut? (marketing ploy if ever!)
I decide to chuck it out (well the last 1/3 of it), brush my teeth and continue my work upstairs.
Went to bed late - but guess what? I survived Friday night which is my personal weakness...

Was it worth it? NO
will it effect my weightloss? Probably not
Will it happen again? Probably so, but I will be able to truly see the signals of me setting myself up, and find ways to prevent it at least do some damage control. Which is important to me when i get to the maintenance part

OK ramble over!

Hi :banana_dancer:

So I've just read your diary - now I've found it.
You are doing brilliantly. I relate so much to the 'excuses' as this is what I've been doing flitting between SW and Exante. I talk myself into eating and chocolate binges. Completely ridiculous.
Also I definitely feel stronger at this diet when I have a support system.
My diet bestie is now maintaining and doing fab in SW and texts me everything she puts in her mouth - that probably doesn't help, but I can't ask her not too as it's selfish. I still need to support her as maintaining is blooming hard!

I think weekends will always be tough, I think if it's a choice between an extra pack or a slice of chicken, etc or going off plan then do what you need to do to stay on track as long as it doesn't turn into a daily occurrence a 100-200 calories aren't going to make a huge difference to weight loss.
Good luck for today X

Oh, I've gone through all those thoughts too - many times :rolleyes:

At long last though, for me, the penny has finally dropped - it is not worth it! :confused:

I made myself fat, and only I can deal with it

.........the only thing that has ever worked has been a VLCD, and I have made myself a promise to follow this now through to the end :)

Oh, I've gone through all those thoughts too - many times :rolleyes:

At long last though, for me, the penny has finally dropped - it is not worth it! :confused:

I made myself fat, and only I can deal with it

.........the only thing that has ever worked has been a VLCD, and I have made myself a promise to follow this now through to the end :)

Snap, everything else just fails. I just need to get on with it and stop moaning haha X

Snap, everything else just fails. I just need to get on with it and stop moaning haha X

Hello EL :) , I echo what Darcy and Lil have said. I feel exactly the same, time to get on with it and stay focused. I know it's hard especially on weekends. I think we can all relate to that. What's great is we've all got each other, and I often come on mins, when I'm feeling a moment of weakness and there's always someone here to talk me out of it :D . Well done for staying strong, your doing so well on your journey so far hun. I would have made the same choice and gone for a fourth pack instead of food.

I was going to order Coconut shake on my next order, you've got me worried now :p, hope the SnS one doesn't taste as bad. I was going to order x2 but I think I'll just go with one after hearing your experience. I was hoping for a fresh coconut taste, but it could go the other way and have that fake coconut taste like you get in toiletries :eek: .

Hope your having a fab Saturday ! :)

Kay xx

All right ladies? Very very busy day! Bed late, up early - so 5 hrs sleep. But that's ok. Worked, went to my weekly hair appointment - by the time I got back home, it was 5:30 - that's the time I had my first pack - curry of course! As my Exante hasn't arrived yet, I have only 2 of those left... I'll have one over the next days.
So 2nd pack less than 2 hours after, the ham mushroom soup. Edible, I just don't like those noodles they put in there, but the taste isn't bad.
I'm not sure I'll have that 3rd pack, but it'll probably balance out the 4 packs I had yesterday.
Today's mindframe is totally dedicated to this - Also the fact that I can button my jeans up again without struggling and looking stuffed in them has a lot to do with it.
Weigh in is tomorrow - have stayed off the scales so I will update my numbers, I'm aiming for 16lbs this month (but of course secretly aiming for more):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up, I don't think a third of an extra shake will be a problem :) Wouldn't suggest skipping a pack today to make up for it! Good luck for tomorrow!

Wow busy day. First pack at 5:30? Err I was hungry at 10 haha.
Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in i think you'll smash it X

Ended up having 1/2 choc bar and 1/2 PB. I want to follow this correctly so I'm going by the rules. It's just that I didn't think I could fit all that in one evening.

Wow well done!! X

Fantastic, well done :) :)

So I ran some numbers (old habits die hard) - and taking a look at my lifestyle, my planned breaks etc, if I have an average loss of 3 lbs a week, I should be at goal right in time for my birthday is September, if I bring down to 2lbs, its more like mid-November.
Of course when I look at the big picture it seems very far away with numerous variables that could get in the way, but I won't know unless I stick it out right? And I want to make good on my promise to myself, so I will just focus on my micro goals, one week at a time - I said I'm in no rush, but of course that's a lie! o_O

Back