The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Hi Girlygirl, I'm doing OK, not feeling hungry, not binging, but still not losing. I should be cutting down a bit on general intake, this low GI stuff is healthy but not exactly slimming in itself. I'm tempted to start having occasional days on the Dukan diet (a bit like Atkins) to help weight loss. Are you still drinking all the water or have you returned to a 'normal' intake?

My SIL is coming to lunch today which is a bit difficult dietwise, it will be lovely to see her but hard not to eat too much.

Good luck with the carb reintroduction, you sound well in control atm.

Coley, I've got my fingers crossed for you today.

I got hungry at 2am!

I only drank three pints of water plus tea and coffee yesterday - needed a break from that, too! But I'll try to drink four/five pints today.

Will try to have around half as many carbs today as I did y/day, to see if that helps prevent late night hunger. Might have one SF meal, one CD meal and a small but tasty and nutritious supper followed by a weensy late night snack if needed.

Hungry in the night, that sounds bad. How are you doing now? I am going to do Dukan tomorrow and Thursday and just GI sensible the other days next week, I'll see how it goes. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm good or bad, my scales say the same, I think they are just bringing up the weight from memory and not checking me at all!

The mission has gone quiet again. I'm still trying to be good, finally gone down one pound, but with my scales it is hard to know for sure. Just have to keep plugging away at it I think, I'm not trying too hard anyway, just keeping carbs lowish and making sure those I do have are low GI. I tried to do Dukan on
Monday but gave up by 5.00, it takes too much organisation. You have to hand it to CD on the simplicity front, shopping once a week and that's it.

How's the mission for the rest of you?

Hmm, have I made everyone disappear? Something nobody wants to tell me?

Well, just here to say I have been good but not lost any weight (sob), so I am wondering what to do now. I think I must try exercising more to try to get my metabolism moving faster. It is just the problem I had before starting Cambridge, eat less, weigh the same - I just didn't seem able to lose weight any more. Then I decided to do Cambridge because I couldn't think how else to proceed, and of course lost weight because you can't help it at that level of intake.

OK that is all that is going on here, apart from trying to decorate the bathroom (does that count as exercise?).

ok ok ok.......I'm baaaaaaad!! rather distracted with a very nice man :D ahhhhhh:cupid:

I am happy so not eating much??!! how does that work? so confusing.

Glad to see the mission is going well....ignore the stupid scales clairejen....they are evil and bad. Inches? any movement there?

Must not talk about carbs........evil sleepy food, but I still love them? how does that work?!! :confused:

Argh!! well.......I don't seem to be that bothered about my weight just now. It's fine, I'm not putting on and I have a nice man cooking lots of nice organic food for me. Yuuuuuuuum!!

Catch you guys later....keep plugging away!!:D

That sounds great Coley, nothing like love interest to stop food cravings, and energetic sex is fantastic exercise of course ;) .

I haven't measured, I really ought to do that, I am just feeling a bit down that I can only shift weight through starvation!

hi... i want to join your group too. I have under a stone to go and still ssing, I'm hoping it won't take too long, love my new body, it's such an inncentive to keep you going, we should all pat ourselves on the back for how well we have done. You've all lost loads.xxxx

That sounds great Coley, nothing like love interest to stop food cravings, and energetic sex is fantastic exercise of course ;) .

I haven't measured, I really ought to do that, I am just feeling a bit down that I can only shift weight through starvation!

Yeah, I know just what you mean. There has to be another way! I can't face a lifetime of starvation...

Hi Clairebear, welcome to the mission. If you are still ssing you should lose this last bit in no time. My problem is I had reached normal bmi so couldn't ss any more, came off Cambridge and have slowly gained half a stone. And I can't shift it.

Girlygirl, I'm totally with you, starving ourselves is wrong longterm, I know I have to get my metabolism and intake balanced, just not sure how to go about it. More exercise (but where is the time coming from?) has got to help, but the food thing is the problem, when I cut down my body adapts to the lower intake and weight stays the same. I am now looking at carb cycling, it is designed for body builders but should work for normal mortals too.

Hi guys, have not been on her for ages but really needing some motivation at the mo as it's all going horribly wrong :( First off, I haven't done any exercise in 3 weeks now (was doing something every week since Feb), went on holiday where I knew was going to eat like pig but was already over target when went due to sweets and Chinese, and since have come back have not been able to stop eating rubbish. Yesterday I had a KFC for lunch AND a pizza for dinner. Too scared of scales but know have put on at LEAST half a stone in the last couple of weeks alone - was 8 stone 12 at one point and feeling all squidgy and fat now. Currently blaming on horrid hormones and lying in bed feeling sorry for myself with a sore back and tummy. Have been maintaining for 5/6 months now but feel like I'm never going to get back to being good again and it's all the start of the inevitable slippery slope to weight gain. Maintenance is really hard sometimes and it really bugs me when people say 'but you look better with a few more lbs on because you were too skinny before' because they have no idea how devastating it feels to lose control of eating.

Right, moan over, going to have nice bath. Keep going guys, you're doing great.

Jubbly, you are so right, maintenance can be harder than actual dieting. Not that I am really managing either at the minute, no sooner do I start to get things right than something happens and I slide down the snake again.

I haven't been able to weigh myself for a few days, the scales went wrong and I have only just got them a new battery. Now I am scared of what they will say, I've been very bad this weekend. But I am determined to start trying again now, this has got to be possible.

Well I weighed myself yesterday finally and I was 9 and a half stone first thing, which is my absolute maximum (but could have been worse with totm and all I suppose). 9 stone 6 this morning but have just had plate of curry, although it was low fat and with turkey and only a spoon of brown rice. I'm sure I could get on top of it if only I didn't have 4 days off for drinking and eating over my bf's birthday from Thursday. Aaarrggh!!

Well here I am again, even if I am hogging someone else's thread. Started carb cycling this week, now on day 3. It is possibly the weirdest diet I have tried, a bit like doing Atkins one day then South Beach the next. It does seem to be working although it is very early days, at least the scales are moving down instead of sticking still or going up. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone else on the mission? Are you recovered from the celebrations Coley? How did the birthday go Jubbly?

OK, after trying carb cycling I found it way too complex so decided that JUDDD would have a similar effect stopping my body going into starvation mode so have swapped over to that. Going fine, lost a pound since Friday (2 UD and 1 DD) and not fretting for food. I would dearly love to lose a couple of pounds a week, but even one would do.
Anyone else still here?

OK, no-one else here, fine.
I've gone down another pound and a half, but expect to put some back by tomorrow as it is an UD. Vey happy and energetic, not feeling deprived at all. The only hard bit is remembering to eat enough on the up days. I want to get to my goal, another 8 lbs off, ideally before I go on holiday in 3 and a half weeks, but that is a bit optimistic. Comfortably under 10, where I was when I finished CD will do for now. That will allow me to gain a little while away without bursting back through the 10 st barrier.

Hey clairejen have you started yourself a diary then we could see where you are posting and be able to catch up with you.
If you go into the forum for the diet you are doing then click on new thread that will start up your own diary.

Back