The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Well done on your weight loss. You must be really pleased.

yeah i am really please 5 stone and 6 lbs loss in 8 weeks and 4 days is quite an achievement. but i still got 4 stone to go b4 im not obese no more. i gone from really fat, to moderately fat to really chubby lol. id love to get my old disgusting pic up here with my new improved me but i dont realy know how to get them on or whatever.

hmm I'm not very good with the techie stuff, but I think if you click on the link next to your name where it says "Gallery: One hot minute", you'll come to a screen where you can upload a photo if you've got it on your computer where you are now...

You're over halfway now, so it should be downhill sailing from here and you should be at target some time this year which is fabulous!

I remember going on the beach when I first got to "really chubby". I felt "very slim" cos I'd lost several stone. It's all really in the head and, as you've lost five stone, you must be feeling good in yourself which is far more important than the numbers on the scale.

Well done again, and welcome!

To look at someone's gallery, you simply click on their "Gallery: [whatever their name is]" next to a posting they've made.

Wow! I just looked at yours and what a difference already! You look younger now; others will know how to look at your photos.

Ben, I know this thread is a bit confusing because it is in the VLCD part of the forum. That's because it was started by someone in the final stages of CD, a lot of people have posted here because these last few pounds are very difficult, and seem to keep coming back. It's quite true what you say about glycogen, and I think on most diets it is best to aim a few pounds below your eventual target. You've done really well to lose so much, at this rate you'll hit target by the end of the summer. Your pics show a fantastic difference, I'm well impressed.

Maintainer, well done for getting the weight moving down again, I have been keeping DD diariy, but let the UDs flow (a bit too much at times!) Whereabouts in France do you live?

I wouldn't worry about putting others off, this thread has been pretty quiet lately and it is good to see it coming back to life.

Perhaps we should ask to get the thread moved to somewhere more appropriate?

Nearly home time thank goodness. Just eaten a lovely apple (Pink Lady) which is a relief because yesterday's one was horrid! Nothing worse than having woollly apple!

I have had a sorely tempting downday, there was a French market came to the town, how could I resist a pain au chocolat straight from the oven? I couldn't say "have it tomorrow" because it won't be there. So I succumbed, it will mean nothing but lettuce for the rest of the day but it was worth it, absolutely delicious. Otherwise the weight does seem to be slowly JUDDDering downwards, officially weigh myself tomorrow so I will post then.

Apples can vary so much, I hate woolly ones too, I'm afraid they go straight in the compost. Can you get Jazz, they are a lovely sweet crisp variety? It's hard to know where the thread would go so maybe best for it to stay where people are used to it.

No I've never heard of Jazz...

I just settled down happily at work to have my orange snack. Nice big round orange beast. Horror of horrors it was as dry as a bone. I mournfully nibbled at a couple of segments but couldn't even swallow it, so just made myself a plastic cupful of muesli! Not the same, and I probably had far more calories.

I see what you mean about pain au chocolat. They are one of my trigger foods, as I'm sure you understand(!), and I can and have eaten quite a few in one session more than once! Hot from the oven they are to die for...

As it's Friday, I'm off in about 10 mins, so have a good JUDDD weekend, hope I find lots of nice tasting strawberries, raspberries etc to help pad out my weekend food. Strict diet plus fruit treats is how I hope to play this weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks for the JUDDD explanation, makes sense but I had never heard of it before. Not sure at this stage I would be able to trust myself and all days would become very up days.

I have had a good week and not cheated. as we speka have a tin of biscuits atthe side of me which my daughters brought in so could have a digestive and a glass of milk before bed. I think ought to put away in cupboard to prevent any crooked thoughts!!!!

As I am on LL, have drank plenty of water and tried to up it this week to speed things along. Will just have to see for Saturday weigh in. Whatever happens will be closer to my goal.

Hows your chosen diet plans going everybody?

Must say very impressed with the Jazz dancing

Sam

Biscuits have to be isolated, preferably under lock and key, or they will sing their siren song. You are being very good and resolute, and are so close to goal, with LL losses you will probably see it before I do. But I don't mind, I need this last bit to be slow because I have to learn to keep the weight off this time. That is why my struggle with updays is important, I can have anything I want to but it doesn't mean I should have everything!

Weighing myself tomorrow, and hoping for a pound and a half loss, but one pound would do. We shall see.

My biscuit tin was washed up five weeks ago and put away, empty... my other half was peering in it miserably over the weekend but I told him if he opened any more biscuits, he'd have to eat the entire packet (else I would!). He refrained!

Hope your weigh ins went well... how did your weekend food go?

I stuck to plan, with fruit treats, but had too much vanilla icecream on my strawberries no doubt. What started as one spoonful ONCE over the course of the weekend has turned into two spoonfuls each time I see a strawberry! Darn! And I admit that I had quite a few "what can I eat now?" thoughts, but resisted... will make a note of the time of month this happened, as first time this month that I've struggled, and see whether there's a pattern at all...

I agree Claire re last bit of weight loss needing to be slow as we don't want it to go straight back on again. SBSIT - with LL, do you stay on food packs right to target? Or do you have "food" too? I have no idea!

Anyone else struggling with their last stone?

Hi Joanne, it's amazing how much you can fit into a spoon when you are only allowing yourself one spoon isn't it! Icecream isn't too bad on the calorie scale, unless you have the really good quality kind. Congratulations on resisting the chatterbox, I find I can resist until I have eaten a few carbs, they seem to release the demons. Luckily my DH gave up biscuits (largely) several months ago, after a lifetime of not having to think about his weight he gave up smoking and then had to be more careful. He does still have cake, as does my dog, so there is still temptation. I lost one and a quarter pounds this week, which is pretty good when you think that you only actually diet for three days in that time. Have you braved the scales yet?

Sam, how did the weigh in go?

Sorry I didn't mention weigh in, as it really wasn't worth mentioning! I weigh in on Fridays so hadn't bothered altering my signature with the 1/2lb loss I saw on Friday morning. Wish I had now though as 1lb was back on this morning! I never drink as much water at the weekend, so oughtn't get on the scales Mondays (or Tuesdays, or Wed etc!!!).

So Friday's weigh in only counts... although I'll be on those darned thing trillions of times in between Fridays!

Well done Claire on your loss. I'd be really interested to see what you're eating on your JUDDD thing. Would you post daily? Or aren't you comfortable with that? I'd understand. I can post too, and you can make suggestions!

Half a pound down is fine, it's going in the right direction, and the extra pound from the weekend will soon disappear. Scales are devious things, mine have misled me countless times.

I've thought about a food diary, I do keep one for myself but it is very boring. But if you are interested we could share a thread rather than gum up this one with endless lists of salad and strawberries! It does help to admit to things publicly I'm sure. Where would be the place to put it? Maybe the main section of "All Other Diets" as we are doing different things.

I'd probably forget to check another thread, knowing me! I had trouble enough finding this one again!! Let's see how/if it takes off with other people, and if it's just a few of us, it might be interesting to see how much/little people are eating to lose those elusive last pounds.

My scales are my best friend... and my worst enemy... the tone of their voice in the morning can make or break a day for me! (mind you, so can my other half's voice!!!)

I'm hungry... not lunchtime yet, grrr... must guzzle more water

OK, fine by me, if anyone objects we can always move then.

Right, today is a DD, the Monday one is always hardest because I have two UDs in a row over the weekend. So far I've had 100g strawberries for breakfast, about 26 calories, I don't know how I'll cope when the season ends. I plan on having a prawn salad for lunch, and maybe a mini solero, then some fromage blanc cake at 5.00. After that I haven't decided, depends on the weather and how I feel.

The toughest thing is knowing there is food left over from last night, some filo tarts and a large piece of zuccotto. I'm trying to avoid the fridge!

Hi Sonya, things are going fine with me, weight slowly but surely getting off. How about you?

ooh I love that fromage blanc cake... haven't had that in ages. Strawberries are already hard to find here at a decent price so I fear they're already on their way out. Must be all that rain!

For me, method: healthy eating (on a budget!). I lost my weight previously eating this way(ish), and I am a big creature of habit, but am having trouble this time since quitting smoking.

B: large bowl of homemade muesli, few Fitnesse flakes on top for crunch and half ss milk / half water (need to watch size of portion on this, I think!)

L: chicken breast with lots of undressed salad, one spoonful coleslaw and half a boiled egg
1 x Taillefine yoghurt (oranges are nasty at the moment, so thought I'd try these...)

Snack later: 1 apple

D: three lean homemade grilled sausages with salad

3L water

Hi Sonya - we must have posted simultaneously. I'm still reading your thread and glad things are going well again for you. I love your new avator pic.

That looks like a good, healthy and low calorie diet. As you say the muesli can be a bit loaded, but it is a good start to the day. I'm very impressed that you make your own sausages, especially living somewhere where you can buy really good artisan made food. I make the fromage blanc cake, no chance of buying it here, and by using fat free fromage frais (we can't get fb here so I use ff and strain it well) and granulated splenda I can get it down under 60 cals a slice!

Does your DH have to watch his weight or is he one of those annoying eat anything he wants and get away with it sort of people?

Back