The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Hi Folks

Same weight today.

Has been pouring down here - hate this miserable wet weather - hoping for a sunny day on the 21st - or at least dry!!!

Am getting very excited and hoping that tomorrow goes okay - have these horrifying images of the dress being back from the dry cleaners and having shrunk and the snooty girls in the shop saying its because I've gained weight :D - my paranoia I know.

Would hate to be without heating - feel the cold - put those woolleys on!!!!

What sort of dancing do you do?

12 sleeps to go :eek:

Looking forward to hearing how Tash's Wednesday weigh in and dress try on goes. I'm sure you'll look just perfect in the dress!

Still cool and sunny here, yet I hear that your rain is heading our way later today (thanks!). Yeah it's miserable not being in control of one's destiny where heat is concerned, and I too REALLY feel the cold these days. Once the building turns it on, however, we tend to lower ours and even turn it off in the bedroom so hot does it get with all the other flats blasting out their heat... but for now we shiver (and I wonder why on earth I didn't bring the plug in heater I do own back from the house last weekend!!). Hoping that the heating will be switched on earlier than the Oct 15 set date, but optimism running low now...

I vaguely recall Claire having asked me about mushrooming in the country, and I don't think I ever responded. Funnily enough, we do live in an area with lots of forests yet haven't walked in one yet... definitely on the cards! (Just not sure where one is allowed to go, and not go in hunting season etc so have played safe for now!!). BUT, at a friends place in the Jura, we did spend a fabulous Sunday morning mushrooming last year. We returned to the house with plenty. Our friend had confidently identified them for us in the forest, telling us which we could and couldn't pick, then once at home, she seemed to get cold feet... couldn't find her book to double check so we ended up keeping them overnight to show a chemist in the morning (they're good at identifying them apparently), but they wilted so we threw them all away. Such a shame. At the time, we thought we must buy ourselves a book / sign up for a class or something, but have never got round to doing so!

Scales show a minuscule downturn for me this morning, but not enough to register a change for my ticker, so not worth updating it. Bit miffed to be honest, as had a strict day yesterday yet today is probably my most fattening dinner (my OH's homemade sausages, and we always have three each - used to be FOUR!)

Morning all, no rain today and even a vague atempt at sunshine. The scales were all over the place again but I think I am about 9st10.5lbs, half a pound up after my UD which I have to admit was excessive. I think it is the rain, when everything is miserable outside I get the nibbles.

Tashy, I'm sure the dress will fit beautifully, they will have done this loads of times before, and you have lost weight too. It's hard not to panic though, I'm just the same. My dancing is mostly jazz, sort of Broadway style, although I sometimes do tap for shows.

Joanne, my father was a pharmacist and always impressed on me that there were some truly deadly fungi around so I have a fear of trying anything that isn't totally obvious. Such a pity your friend lost her nerve, but maybe as well if there was any risk. A class would be a great idea, especially now when the real thing is there to look at. We always seem to visit forests, come from having a dog to walk I suppose, aren't there usually "chasse" signs up when they are hunting?

I wouldn't worry too much about the scales today, I think it often takes a couple of days to show. Annoying though, when you have been good you want the rewards.

Well went to try on dress and it still fitted - even though - it HAD shrunk at the dry cleaners :eek::eek: - honestly - the girl at the shop said it had slightly before I even tried it on (least she did say that - if she hadnt I might have cried!!). It fits tighter than when I tried it before even though I am slightly lighter and doesnt even need any length taking off (due to shrinkage - it needed shortening before!!). Am picking it up Saturday.

So - is now very important that I get down to 11 stone. My boobs were a very snug fit - to snug for me to feel comfortable.

Think will have to SS for the next 10 days - hopefully lose 9-10 lbs.

Will look lovely though - am please with the dress - its fab.

Weight the same today 11/6 will let you know how I get on - wish me luck!!!

Hope its warmer with you both today - not bad here -sun is attempting to show its face.

Tashy - how amazing that your dream predicted that dry cleaning shrinkage! (Will you read my palm please?). SS for a week? Oh no! Poor you!

Claire - It's true that one does see the odd "chasse" sign here and there, but even in the field where we grew our veggies this year, you could hear the odd bang bang and goodness knows where that was coming from! I'm not sure I'd feel safe with that sort of thing going on!

Got images of Bugs Bunny being chased by that little guy with the gun!!!!!

Yeah I know - bummer - I couldnt believe it - am 1.5lbs lighter and it was bloody tighter!!!! I thought stuff DIDNT shrink when dry cleaning - isnt that the point?? The girl in the shop said they do shrink a small amount.

Oh well - least will feel skinny on wedding day after 10 days ssing!!

You'll feel skinny on your wedding day? You'll probably jump face down into your wedding banquet literally! Vaccuuming everything in sight!

Can you not do a low carb few days with food???! Atkins induction even? When does this SS start?

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Thats so funny - just got an image of me doing just that in front of the in-laws - diving mouth first into the wedding cake and desserts!!!

I think what I am going to do is have 3 sachets per day and a protein meal in the evening - salmon or chicken with veggies probably. Have meals with family and friends planned anyway so be very difficult (and depressing) to avoid food.

Feeling a bit better now - was very hot and flustered when I got to the dress shop - had rushed there from work, so that didnt help. Also just about to start TOTM and feeling pretty puffy from that. Am picking up dress on Saturday and will try on on Monday to see how am getting on.

God - I sound like a real Bridezilla - promise you I'm not :D

You have a field where you grow vegetables - how fab!!!!! Am very envious.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening - I am just about to have a warm bath!!!! Its chilly here in Gloucestershire

Tash - I think your new idea sounds more reasonable and more conducive to having a nice time socially with your family and friends... (lovely image of a bride diving headfirst into a cake though! mmm!)

Unfortunately the field in question is a neighbour's and not ours but we were chuffed to be allowed to grow our bits and pieces in a corner of their field, and while I didn't expect anything to grow for me, we've done pretty well and this coming weekend will be digging up the remainder of our carrots, parsnips, onions, beetroots etc for winter storage before the big FREEZE comes!

My scales are down another little smidgen, but not at 11 stone yet, so barely worth updating... oh go on, yes I will! In a minute.

I've been eating a boiled egg, piece of fruit, and low fat yoghurt for breakfast every day this week but had a change today and had a bowl of my homemade muesli and boy did that taste good! Funny how when you eat something every day you barely taste it... then have a break and you get all the flavours back again.

Hi, seriously busy today, trying to get a million things done at once so a very quick visit for now. Scales dead on 9st10lbs this morning, not as much as I'd hoped but better than nothing. I had an exhausting class last night, only four of us there for some reason andd all competent dancers so we were worked extra hard. I've got someone coming round to quote for replacement windows this afternoon so I have to do emergency housework - I am officially a slob when it comes to cleaning. We have sunshine at last, and so it is showing up how filthy the windows are too.

Tashy, I'm sure 10 days strict dieting will make a huge difference, the calorie saving would give you a good three pounds in fat loss, add in the water and glycogen and you could see half a stone easily.

Joanne, I know what you mean about food tastes, I remember how incredible food tasted after SS. It's one reason why I promised myself never to eat food replacements again, they are edible but no pleasure - to me at any rate.

I hadn't realised you were such a slob, Claire! (Fancy coming to clean my windows next? I can't remember when I last did them in the flat, and think I've only done the house ones properly once since buying it two years ago!! I bought those special lingettes that you can rub over quickly and they work well when you're just at the house for a weekend!! Keep meaning to do them when there for longer, but ...)

aaah replacement windows... so nice when they're done. Do you have double glazing now? We changed the two downstair windows in the house which weren't double glazed, had been in situ no doubt for years and one actually had a hole in the surround big enough for a little finger to get in - and the house is in an area where minus 10°C isn't unusual in the winter BRRRR! Those new windows have sooooooooo made a difference!

Hi Folks

Mine too please - trying to sell my house at the moment - could do with a good 'spring clean'!!

Claire am in awe of you having the confidence to dance - am useless - several left feet!

Even better having a field you can use but not have to maintain!! I love beetroot - I imagine its very rewarding growing and then eating your own produce.

Good day so far for me. Down half a lbs and had 1 vanilla sachet made in coffee and also one cup of tea. Having salmon fillets for tea with some salad and broccoli. Looking forward to it actually - am v hungry!!

Hang on in there Tashy, you can bear the hunger - just imagine it eating away at the fat! Funnily I will happily dance in class and on stage but have to have a few drinks before I'll dance at parties. Well done on losing half a pound already.

Joanne, good to know I have competition in the not cleaning stakes! The new back windows will be double glazed, the front ones are single because they are according to conservation area rules. I am sure having draught free windows will make a tremendous difference to the heat in here.

Finally my weight swung under another milestone... just under 11 stone by a smidgeon, but left ticker at 11 stone cos weight isn't 1/2lb under! That makes a glorious ONE pound loss for a week of deprivation but that's dieting life near target, I guess (and I did eat a bit too much last Sunday as usual!).

How's it going Tash? Not too hungry?

Claire - I definitely notice the difference with the double glazing but am (almost) hoping for a cold spell to double check. Last winter was so comparatively mild in our region that the big freeze was short lived and I certainly felt our kitchen was warmer, but there again it wasn't minus 14°C as it was for an entire weekend (when I had guests - poor people!) our first winter!

I think old houses tend to be a bit chilly though (don't they?). As we're not there all week, we leave the heating on lowest setting and now know that it's futile putting it up to maximum late on a Friday night when we're leaving Sunday evening, cos by the time it gets "to temperature" in the house, we're gone. So last year, following advice from the locals, we left the heating on medium but kept the woodburner going 24/7. That is an art in itself, not letting it go too fast and burn out, but that really did make a difference. It felt weird to me to be feeding logs into a fire when we weren't even in the room, but it definitely made a differnce to the entire house, particularly as we have two vents leading from the burner (one into our bedroom upstairs, one into the kitchen) so those two rooms benefit also.

At least in the UK you don't get these wild temperatures! Mind you, that was part of the attraction for me buying in the region. If I'd wanted UK-like weather, I'd have bought in Normandy!

waffle waffle - sorry - hope I've not sent you both back to sleep! Have good Fridays, weekends, and see you back here for confession weigh in on Monday! My weekend meals are planned, in theory, and small chocolate treat Sunday night...

Morning, I can barely keep my eyelids open. Our meeting last night went on till 11.00pm, there was so much business to discuss. So this morning I am feeling totally rubbish, and to top it all the scales have gone up again - hmph. For some reason I'm finding it hard to get back into dieting mode, I do the down days OK but I am just about keeping level on the weight front so must be having too much on UDs. I blame it on the dark mornings and colder weather.

Well done on the loss, under the bar is always satisfying, and you only have 7 pounds to go now. I do miss the cold winters I remember from my childhood, we never seem to get sharp frosts now. But minus 14 is excessive, don't think I could cope with that for long. Fires are temperamental things, but once you get to know their quirks they work well. It must be annoying having to relight it every weekend. Old houses always have draughts, and never have cavity wall insulation and stuff like the new ones do. But the walls tend to be thicker which should help a bit I suppose. Do you buy logs or fetch and cut them yourselves? I always notice huge woodpiles next to houses in France, seems like a national pastime.

Tashy, how were the scales this morning? I hope the salmon was good last night, these small meals help make sachets tolerable.

We get wood delivered by the metre cubed. City girl here, first year, ordered her wood and the man duly turned up with a truck and dumped five m3 outside our back door just as light was failing (we don't have artificial light out the back). And he waved as he drove off!

My OH tells me that my face was a picture! (I thought he'd bring it in and pile it all up for us!) Nope, we were at it until 9pm, in and out with armfuls of logs (I can only manage 2 or 3 at a time, 50cm long, pretty heavy); by then it was raining too and we didn't want to leave it outside!

We now know to ask for a morning delivery, giving us the rest of the day to get it in and stored, and if we can stop the rain falling, that's a bonus!

Isn't it amazing that no one pinches wood in France from those massive piles next to houses! OH has often said to me that in the UK, things have to be better protected than that from thieves!

Sorry you've been struggling with your UDs Claire. You're so close, and probably you're even already there (what is your BMI now?)...

Looking forward to hearing how Tash is doing... just think how excited we'll all be NEXT Friday posting to you!!

That sounds just like me with my first ever coal delivery - I thought they'd leave the sacks too but they just tipped it in the side alley leaving me with an hour's shovelling! We don't have fires these days although we have an open fireplace, it causes too many draughts. So we have temporarily blocked it, maybe we'll light one over Christmas (oh no, I said the C word, not going there, not yet anyway).

My bmi is just over 23 at the moment, aiming at 22.5.

Not saying the C word in October? Some of us booked our ferry home about six weeks ago (needs must!), organised who was doing the cooking this year back in July, and yesterday a friend from my home town was asking me to decide where I wanted to eat out on C* Eve so that she can book (else we'll not get in, she reckons!!). I'm well into it!!

As a dancer, as you said, a low BMI is probably good (standing in a leotard in front of a full length mirror would fill me with dread)!!!

I guess a log burner might work for you too? It's far more economical to run too than an open fire in terms of log consumption!

I wonder if that Tash is having a good munch somewhere...

:party0016:Ho Ho Ho Ho - Ding Dong Merrily and all that!!!!!

Bit late today - was mad at work - just got home after stopping at the Chippy to get the kids usual Friday night treat (fish and chips for one and chicken pie and chips for the other)

11 st 4.5 lbs this morning so going the right way.

Had 1 vanilla pack yesterday, 2 pears and 2 salmon fillets wrapped in bacon with a few peas for tea - Yum!

Today no packs, 2 pears, 3 slices of ham and 1 small milky way. Going to have some hot smoked salmon for tea with some fennel (if its not gone off!!!!) and maybe a vanilla pack with coffee and cinnamon before bed.

Am still drinking tea and coffee so not ss-ing at all really - just trying to eat small and stay off the starchy carbs.

Thanks for showing an interest guys :) - 9 sleeps OMG :eek:

Well done on being under 11 Joanne - I cant wait to be there - and Claire a 23 BMI - WOOHOO!!!!

I have a wood burner - its great - last year we have some trees cut down in our garden and they kept us going all winter.

Have a wonderful weekend :D

Tasha

Weight 11/3 - still going down!!

Eating very little - yesterday 1/2 a vanilla pack, 2 apples and 1 chicken breast with salad!! Am feeling a bit faint but hope this will pass. Dress still tight and am 4.5lbs lighter than when first tried on!!! and it wasnt tight then):eek:.

Hope another 3lbs by next weekend.

Hope you are both having a great weekend!

Tasha:)

Back