The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Well done Tashy, your weight is dropping like a stone. If the dress is still tight near the end of the week why not ring the people who made it (and shrank it) and tell them to sort it out? After all it is their fault, and you don't want to spend your wedding day feeling uncomfortable.

I'm being really bad again this weekend, getting to be a habit I'm afraid. Currently on 9st10lbs and really ought to get my head in the right place, but I have a lot on my mind at the moment. Nothing earth-shattering, just loads of small things.

Although it's good to hear you're doing so well Tash... don't take it too far though, will you? I don't like the sound of your feeling faint. Just imagine if you collapse in a heap (in that wedding cake of course!) on D Day!

I agree with Claire - I think that shop ought to help you out here. You need your food to give you energy for everything I'm sure you need to get sorted this week.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well Claire. Your weight is great. Your BMI is midway in the normal range. You are FINE! Just, you wanna go further ;)

I had a good weekend, enjoyed beating the French at rugby (although am more of a footy girl myself - just don't understand the rules of rugby!!). We resisted the urge to put our little English flag on our car Saturday night!

Foodwise wasn't bad at all and had some carbs: some pasta with my meal on Saturday (no sauce); piece of homemade quiche yesterday; and my chocolate treat in the car on the way back to the City last night. Kept off the scales in case this morning, as Monday mornings aren't the best weigh ins for me, so hopefull for tomorrow that I didn't gain at least!

Not many sleeps now Tash!!

Well I am keeping away from the scales too, I am going to try to forget weight except once a week (although this little voice in my head keeps saying "just because you don't know about it doesn't stop the weight going up") and just concentrate on sensible food. For some reason I have been stuffing rubbish down myself on UDs, luckily my DDs have been OK so I am keeping level - just about. But it isn't the right way to go so I'm now going to try to sort myself out - didn't I say something like that last Monday?

I don't understand rugby or football, DH is not interested in either and I come from an anti-sports family. We used to enjoy the hurling when on holiday in Ireland, it is such a skilled, if dangerous, game. Have all the Kiwis gone home now? I wonder if that explains all the antipodeans in Carcassonne, I can't tell the difference between NZers and Ozzies so maybe a lot were having holidays as well as coming for the Rugby.

Must go and write myself a To Do list, I have loads of theings floating around in what passes for my brain and they will fade away if I don't get them in black and white. Have a good day everyone.

Hi Folks

Had a lovely day yesterday - went to Mums for lunch and had roast lamb with mangetout and carrots. Then V small portion of Christmas pud ( Mum makes loads and I think that was the last one of last year - delicious!)

Same weight this morning - today had small bar galaxy :eek:, some chicken with a few oven chips and some doritos and an apple - not healthy or low carb I know - but not many calories overall about 850.

Dont beat yourself up Claire - as Joanne said your a pefectly healthy weight. Lists are good though - always make me feel better when I wake up at night in a panic!

Not many sleeps now at all - eek!!!!!!! 5 after tonight :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sleep well

Tasha

Mmm Tash - I like the sound of what you got for your 850 calories! I obviously spent mine less wisely yesterday as have INFURIATINGLY gained 1/2lb! GRRRR!

Like you, Claire, I sometimes wonder about keeping off the darned scales, at least (for me) at the beginning of the week after a carby weekend! I thought I'd done well to resist on Monday but not getting on two days running??? (Well four actually, cos at the weekend I'm using different scales at the house!)

I used to keep a pad and pencil by my bed at one time when I used to regularly wake up in the middle of the night thinking of something I needed to do next day at work! Hasn't happened to me in ages though. Are you particularly stressed at the moment, Claire? That does it for me... I was awoken at 5.15am though. My 16 month old cat was on the window sill looking out at birds (I presume!); the three month old kitten, obviously looking up longingly, wishing that she too could get up there, must have made a leap for the curtains, then slowly slithered down the radiator on her claws (scccrreeeeetch!)... before landing in a heap on the floor somewhat surprised! Awh!

Tash - 5 sleeps after last night? Are you getting married on Sunday? (Or can't I count?)

Speaking of counting - on "holiday" a week on Friday and VERY VERY unlikely to make my target :(

Hi, I am soooo tired this morning, I was awake for ages in the night with dance steps going round and round in my head. We were put in our official positions for the second dance and I am at the front, I hate that, nobody to follow if you forget! I'm not sure if I am more stressed than usual, I just have lots of different things going on so I seem constantly busy.

I know I said I was avoiding the scales, but I couldn't do it, my habit is too strong. I'm back to 9st9.25lbs, the least I've been since our holiday. Surely another two pounds can't be that hard to lose? Or a bit more, I can't decide what I ought to be because it is how you look and feel that matters. It would be nice to look at myself in the studio mirror and think that I look good rather than just OK - even good for my age would do!

Joanne do you think your gain was due to some difference between the two sets of scales? They can vary quite a bit. My current ones weigh up to 6 pounds differently depending which way they face! So they sit in the "average" position. Your cats sound a hoot, but not ideal when you need your sleep. Are they still playing together happily?

Tashy, the big day is so close, are you still aiming to lose a couple of pounds or will you ring the dress-maker? If it is the bust size which is the problem you can't even guarantee that's where any weight loss would go from, I lose from everywhere else first.

Hi Girls

Yes - wedding day is Sunday!!! 5 sleeps!!!

I aim to lose a couple more lbs by then. Scale stuck again today - probably not helped by the carbs over the last couple of days. Am not going to call wedding shop - dont think there is much they can do now. I tried the dress on at my Mums on Sunday and it looked good!!! Fitted better - think my boobs were smaller because TOTM come and gone. Hoping I will feel good this Sunday!

Must be catching this early morning insomnia!!

Have a good day :)

Morning all,

Only minuscule downturn on the scales so not delighted given how seemingly little I'm eating (leastwise nothing "fattening"). I reminded myself sternly this morning that I don't look bad actually at this weight and this is actually the "target weight" set for me when I saw the hospital nutritionist and then surgeon in 2003 when they measured with calipers and an electronic machine my excess skin. I just hate feeling there's no leeway and of course hate the fact that my trouser suits etc don't fit! I will persist but am seriously considering drastic measures before Christmas!! How hard can it be to lose the last 7lbs?!!

Claire - unfortunately, while I keep an eye on my weight at the house, the scales do indeed weight me slightly heavier there so I do take that into account!

The cats are lovely together. I think Misha (16 months old) was bored rigid living alone and has strong maternal feelings; Minnie (3 months) was used to the rough and tumble of five MALE littermates and of course came to us straight from her Mum and so has found a replacement Mum! That's not to say that they don't get quite boisterous at times together! But it seems in good humour (so far at least!!). They always sleep curled up together by my feet... awh!

Tash - GREAT news that your dress is fitting better. I can't believe that you two have actually kept your boobs! I'm very jealous cos mine left me about a stone ago! Not many sleeps now! When do you go on honeymoon? Will we get a report and photo before you go? Hope so! Are you having a hen night?

Big transport strike tomorrow so will have to walk to and from work no doubt so am having extra carbs today and tomorrow... maybe I'd better stay off the scales tomorrow morning though.

Hi, my scales have bounced back up again, I'm now the same as last Wed. But I'm not exactly trying hard, my DDs are about 700 cals but my UDs are probably way too high. Maybe if I concentrate on what I will look like for the dancing show I may be able to have more control.

That last 7lbs can be enormously hard to lose Joanne, I don't know why. It seems to be taking me for ever, whether it is because we lose any sense of urgency, or because the remaining fat really is more tenacious, I can't say. It's lovely that your cats are so happy together, my mother would be very jealous as hers hate each other. I heard about the strike on the radio, what a pain. Like our postal strike, just annoying the hell out of everyone. I really don't think people should be paid according to how much irritation they can cause by not working.

It's odd where weight stays and goes, my thighs are the hardest to lose from, boobs second hardest, a basic body shape thing I suppose. I'm looking forwards to seeing the dress pics too Tashy, does it seem real yet? You are forecast good weather, I hope they have it right for once.

After extra carbs yesterday to help with the walk this morning(!), another slight upshift on the scales, again not enough to change ticker but very infuriating nonetheless. I managed my 5km walk this morning to work. Quite a good atmosphere out there with people clutching their maps and striding out into the unknown! Bikes galore, particularly now that you can rent them from pick up points. Rollerbladers. Skateboarders. I saw it all this morning! But most of all, remarkably I saw solidarity (cars stopping and calling out where they were going). Unheard of! That won't last if the strikers go back to work tomorrow!!

Having lived through this in 1995 (same dispute, no transport etc for three weeks then the Government backed down, grrrr!), I'm fearful for a prolongation BUT I'd be annoyed if the Gov't caved in again! Right to strike? Fire the lot of them and hire some people who WANT to work! (Just my take on it!!).

You're probably right that the will to "diet" is slightly dropping. I don't look bad in my clothes. I'm enjoying my food. Haven't binged since July. And feel good about my food choices. I just wish the scales would drop into line!

How are you Tash?

That must have been quite a walk, about three quarters of an hour by my reckoning - OK in pleasant weather but not so good in the rain. It's nice that everyone is pulling together, the traffic must be even more nightmarish than usual. It does seem odd that there are lots of people who want jobs but those who have them are so dissatisfied. Maybe a "behave yourselves or we'll let the Romanians in" ultimatum would work - although it would probably just result in a national strike! Funny to think this is how it used to be here before the Thatcher years crushed the unions.

My weight has gone down a bit but not as low as Tuesday, I really should stick to once a week weighing. At the moment I'm happy just to carry on and see what happens, like you I'm not too bad, a few bulges but nothing excessive. We both seem to have reached a comfortable maintenance level, just wishing it had happened a few pounds further down.

I've got a busy day ahead, I have to get on with making some props for the play next week. They would be fun if I had the time and equipment, as it is I am finding it quite frustrating. It is always weird things which have to be made, the normal stuff you can borrow. So I am making a fake salmon - all set out cold-buffet style with cucumber and lemon slices etc. Not too bad a job, I'm quite enjoying that one. And a stone frog garden ornament, this requires woodwork which is not one of my talents.

Any more losses for you Tashy?

Scales were stuck yesterday but down 1/2 lbs this morning. Bit frustrating as am eating very little - still hoping for another 1lb by Sunday!!!

SOunds like you have both reached a good place weight-wise and in mind set. It's always nice to lose another 1/2 stone but somethings are more important - life is for living and all that - constantly trying to diet (rather than enjoying food but being sensible) gets pretty tiring. I am looking forward to some toast and butter after my wedding!!!!

Hope the weather was good for your walk this morning - its glorious here - chilly but sunny - hope it continues!

Have a good day

Tasha

(3 sleeps!:eek:)

Walked back home last night (UGH!!). Boy does it feel a long way (4.7km, 50 mins with all the road crossing, waiting for lights to change, SLOW walkers needing overtaking). This morning, up early, checked the website and my line is only working 1 train out of 5, so walked again! Muscles hurting now! I admit that I did jump a bus for about a kilometre this morning, AND got a seat, so that was nice but alas it only helped a little!

Ironically, after all that exercise yesterday, I gained 0.1K! It HAS to be a carb thing where I'm concerned so think might consider including carbs henceforth more regularly so as not to have these gains whenever I do eat them (which of course does happen in "real life"). It's all very well eliminating them, or reducing them to the bone, to diet and see the correct figures on the scales, but if they're just going to be reading those numbers until first slice of bread or whatever, pretty futile.

Anyway some pondering on that I will do.

Pile of work waiting for me, and evening secretary stayed until 2am, so getting on... city weekend unfortunately!

Have a great weekend Claire and, as for you, Tash, I really hope Sunday goes fabulously. I will be thinking of you and hope you'll get a chance to post to let us know how it all went before you disappear on honeymoon! GOOD LUCK!!

Lovely morning here, I don't envy you all that walking, it means such long days and early starts. Aching muscles are GOOD, it means increased fitness and more calorie burning as the muscle builds - that's what I tell myself as I can barely crawl out of bed after tough classes. I don't understand the carb thing either, they don't sabotage my weight too much but they are so addictive. I've heard other people say that as soon as they start to have them they just want more. I hope they don't expect you to stay late with all that work to do.

My weight is down to 9st10lbs again so I am hoping for a loss of some kind for the week when I weigh tomorrow. Even half a pound a week would be encouraging since I am still only on 700 for my down days and the maintenance level should be 1000-1100.

Tasha, it sounds like you'll be comfortably in your dress on Sunday, nerves will help your losses over the next couple of days. I hope it all goes really well, and am looking forwards to seeing pics when you get the chance. You are right about life being more than just diets, but I get very miserable when I let things slide, I want to be able to enjoy food treats knowing that my eating plans can accommodate them so I don't get guilty (and fatter). Here's hoping you get your promised sunshine on Sunday.

Thankyou girls!!!

Am very nervous :eek: Lost 1lb over night so am now 11/1.5!!! Woohoo!!!

You are right about carbs though - really fancy some toast but know that will put on 2lbs overnight!!!!! And belly bloat!!

Good for you all that walking - if only you could work 2 hours less to take account of the extra time!! Its lovely walking if the weather is fine.

Have a great weekend and I will try and do a quick post Sunday night before we shoot off!!

Tasha

Tasha, how are you feeling this morning? Only a day to go, I bet you'll see that magic 11st 0lbs by morning! Have a fantastic weekend, and honeymoon and everything.

Hi Claire

Thanks for the good wishes!

Am 11/1 this morning so 1lb away!!!

Doubt it will go overnight but to be honest am happy with what I have achieved. Be interesting to see how much I put on during my honeymoon - loads I would imagine :eek:

Thanks for your support over the last couple of weeks - its been lovely to have you and Joanne to chat to.

Will post pics week after next!! (If I can manage to work out how!)

Tasha:)

I'm at work Tash (yeah on a Sunday, but I negotiated to have Friday off in lieu if I came to help out in crisis today...) and have just thought of you! Hope the sun is shining where you are!

I really hope your wedding goes brilliantly! I bet it will and we'll be dying for you to log on with a FULL wedding report, photos and all!

Yay for sunshine, have a wonderful time Tasha.

Working on a Sunday, Joanne? Yuck. I think two Fridays off would be better compensation!

Back