The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Hi everyone
No change in weight this morning, but I don't feel much like eating today so I hope this is going to help. Dancing was fun last night, we did a nice lyrical piece and a Latin American style one. I've got tons to do today, and a night in which is quite a treat. Hoping that the top I ordered from ebay will arrive today (stretch silver halterneck, I hope it looks nicer than it sounds!). It's for the show, not for clubbing, definitely not my sort of thing.

Ida, I can almost agree with the liking to diet, you feel in control and you don't feel guilty. On the other hand I don't like having to think that I can't have something, but at least with my diet I can always have it tomorrow. Did you make your ferret stand up to measure his height or lie him down on your lap? I'm picturing the tussle with you and the ferret and the tape measure, sounds like a good game to me. Can't wait to see the photos, shouldn't be long now, you are so close.

Joanne, PL days are much nicer than PP, it seems odd to think of missing lettuce but I really did. Are you in ketosis? I hate the transition, it made me feel truly horrible, another reason why I would never do a VLCD again. I'm sure you'll be in consolidation for Christmas, and you can have a gala meal then. You've had a lot of walking with this strike, it must be helping the weight loss, I think I would resent the extra length of the day. And it would be hard to be polite to the transport workers when the system starts up again. I'm sure there are plenty of unemployed people who would be happy to take on the jobs they don't seem to want to do.

Claire - In October, when I returned to the metro after 2 days' walking to and fro, I glared at the first metro driver I clapped eyes on (poor chap mightn't even have been on strike! apparently only 45% of metro people actually are, but that's enough to mess up the whole shebang. Since I hate people in general (;)), crowds especially, I'm keeping out of the underground system until they're playing nicely again!

As for ketosis, I really don't know. I've never owned the sticks. Is there another way of knowing? My breath seems ok (to me!!) and I tried the exhale onto hand and breath in trick and didn't pass out...

I really thought I'd miss having half a plateful, with no lettuce etc on the other half, but can honestly say that on day four of protein only I'm amazed that I'm nearly at protein / legume! Delighted!!

I'm gonna try the BMI thing on my cat - might have to wait until she's asleep tough, else she'd only play with the tape measure! I can get the height by her lying down if I stretch out her legs and tickle her tum - she loves that!

Just a quick hello! Sounds like it's all going well with you lot.

Animal BMI notes: I decided to include the tail. I don't know if that's the technical way to do it, but if you've ever seen a ferrets tail, theres a gotta be several ounces of weight in fur on there. Ferrets can't really stand on thier back legs, because, as some strange product of God's mirth, they have strong front legs for digging, and pathetic back legs. If you hold a mouse up over the ferret, he'll stand up on his back legs to try and get it, and then instantly fall over. Not that we ever do that for our own amusement..

Down to 56.7kg today. Has been a really good week weight loss wise (Don't jinx it ida!) and the weights been flying off! Then again, my life has an average speed of 100mph at the mo, so I'm on the go all the time.

NB NB MY FERRET IS OBESE!

if i measure his height instead of his length, he has a bmi of 32.5

No more mice for you my little friend!

hehe xxx

I can just picture you doing that with the mice Idaj!! What a scream you must be in real life!

My silver top has just arrived, it's a good thing it is just for a show, don't think I'd have the courage to go out in public dressed in skintight silver lycra. It looks OK though, no obvious bulges and the style means there's no cleavage showing, not that I mind that but it can be excessive.

Nice to know I'm not the only misanthropist around! Maybe you should get a t shirt printed with "I had to walk 150km because of you" (or whatever the final total is) just to let your feelings be known.

Hmm, ketosis announced itself to me by giving me a truly ghastly headache and nausea, I had to go to bed and sleep through the transition. Once there it is fine, no more problems. You may have found it easy since your carb intake was pretty low anyway. It's brilliant that the diet suits you so well, it is always good to find the one which suits us.

Cats and tape measures? - just impossible I'd say.

Your ferret sounds soooo funny Ida, such a character. And the weight loss is fantastic, you'll reach goal first at this rate.

25km walked, and I won't type "going strong". Still the weight is coming off, although has definitely slowed, and I hear that in moving onto phase 2 tomorrow I might even regain a little... ah well. I'm motivated on that front, if irritated by strikers!

Staying put this weekend and not going out to the country, where I believe they have snow! See what these strikers are making me miss!! I shall ring a neighbour to see how much we have (and pray fervently that our heating hasn't gone wrong!!).

Hope everyone's well

My program is still causing problems, but I am getting a few more clues on where to look. I have finally made progress on the car front, and put a deposit on one. Downside is that it is over the other side of the country, but we have to go that way next week anyway so it is not so awfully far out of our way (that's what I'm telling DH). We have visitors today so are indulging in frantic housework.

Weight unchanged, I'm hoping to see some progress in the morning. Today will be busy and I am at rehearsal this evening so Friday will fly past.

Has the weather stayed fine for your walking Joanne? It's an impressive total. If you are sensible with the Ls then I don't see it should put your weight up, although I suppose you can eat more protein if you are mixing it with veggies. What a pity you're missing the first snows, the thought makes me shiver a bit but it is lovely to see.

Ida, your poor ferret is either dangerously underweight or obese! I think if I had a diet of live mice I'd soon be underweight too!

Have a good Friday and a great weekend everyone.

Hi Folks

Its been a busy week here in Gloucestershire.

Woke up this morning for my usual walk and it was stunning - really frosty and crisp - I would love see some snow!!!

SOunds like you are all doing great on the diet front - I am sticking to around 1500 cals per day - with daily exercise but nothings shifting at the moment - still - least its not going up!!!!

Got a busy weekend ahead - dong my ex-husbands accounts for the last 15 months - he's got very behind. Still - will stop the VAT and tax man knocking on his door!! Kids are with him Saturday night so will probably cosy up with husband and watch a few eposides of 24 that we recently bought as a box set.

Hoping this weather continues as I love it although I think its supposed to pee down on Sunday :(

Have a great weekend with ferrets, cats (I have 3:eek:), strikers and skin tight siver lycra!!!!

Tasha

It is vewwy vewwy quiet here today!

Have lost 100g today again - so am now down to 3lbs to go. Well, 3.4lbs specifically (I round down!) but thats why I have a "0" option in my countdown in my sig.

Everything's going swimmingly otherwise, am taking advantage of a few days off work (well, 2) to study - DNA replication anyone? Boy says we have to get rid of my micies, and as he is so lovely, we reached a comprimise (we get rid of them.. maybe I need to learn to argue or something). My mice are organic freerange food for my ferret, now I'll have to buy storebought ones for him, full of nasty things :( boohoo.

Well, I'd better get going, boy has misplaced the memory card with my (nekkid) progress pics on it, and I'd rather like to know where it is :)

Lots of love
Ida

Hi folks, sorry I've been MIA, I had an awful night last night with acute cystitus (TMI I know) and have been useless all day. I didn't bother to weigh myself, I've been drinking water like a fish so probably weigh several pounds more than usual. On top of everything my aunt (in law), who was in hospital awaiting a kidney operation, has had a sudden deterioration and needs emergency surgery which she may well not survive. I'm planning on an early night and hope tomorrow will be better.

Tasha, staying put is fine, sometimes your body takes a while to get used to food again and you have to sort of ease it up gently before cutting back. A weekend of accounts doesn't sound fun, it is very good of you to do them, and I hope your child free night makes up for it.

Ida, only 3lbs to go, that's maybe a week and a half? Well done you! I'll pass on the DNA replication thanks, especially since it is in Danish I presume. How sad about the mice, what was the problem? Can you take your ferret out hunting so he can find his own food sometimes? Hope the pics turn up, and not as a screensaver or something - these men aren't to be trusted.

Feeling much better this morning, fortunately, and my weight has gone down a pound so I am now just a quarter of a pound over goal. It won't last but it is nice to glimpse it.

Bad news on DH's aunt, they have decided not to operate as the chances of success are so low. This means she is only expected to last a couple of days. She is well on in her 80s and, up until she had a fall a few weeks back, she had been living fully independently in her own home. Not too bad a way to go in my opinion, I just wish they would end things sooner rather than leaving her to die of her own accord while giving her ever increasing doses of morphine.

How is Sunday for the rest of you?

Claire, I'm so sorry about DHs aunt. If it's any comfort, dying people very rarely suffer - especially towards the end, morphine or not, their body does a very good job at keeping them comfortable. High doses of morphine are also likely to help her on her way to better places, and thats all they're allowed to do according to the law.

And you're almost at goal! I'm impatient to get to 55kg already now, I have no idea how you can cope with ups and downs! The scale was unkind to me this morning, but I know it's just a blip, as I ate normally the day before.

Else I'm making plans for the next weeks - am going to increase my calorie intake meal by meal. I made a huge pot of carrot and chickpea soup today, so that's me sorted for lunch for the week. I also made a HUGE (we're talking 12 servings, 1kg of mushrooms!!!) pot of quorn spaghetti sauce, which I'll freeze, and then now when I'm eating pasta again from tomorrow, I'll have something to eat with it.

I'm the kinda person who doesnt get bored eating the same things over and over, luckily, and the boy isn't allowed to eat my food (he has his own food in the freezer!), so there's no problems there.

Lots of thinking, food and study planning going on in Copenhagen at the moment :)

Have a great evening all
Lots of love
Ida xx

The scales and me aren't friends still, but I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. School today then work so a verry long day.

Have a fantastic day all
Love Ida

Claire - I'm so sorry to hear about DH's Aunt. You must have had a very trying weekend indeed and, for the scales to be saying sweet nothings to you at this time is a real achievement. (I'm sure I'd have turned to the "old friend" FOOD!).

One week exactly now on the diet and happy to report loss of almost 7lbs for the week, which does amaze me. Partly diet, partly 30km walked last week, but most of all "no hunger" (hence no temptation to overeat) which is fabulous for me.

Another 5km this morning and much milder here this morning (horribly so as had to walk in spitting rain. The "not worth putting umbrella up for / enough to make your hair frizzy" sort! Ah well.)

At the weekend we did some Christmas shopping (which was great as shops were far quieter than normal, particularly at this time of year, "thanks to the strike!" - that's the only time you'll hear me praising the strike or the strikers...

I'm amazed reading Idaj's posts that English isn't her first language... truly incredible!

Wishing you all a good day

Hi everyone
It's grey and miserable here this morning too. But the scales are good, no gain yet and a DD today, which gives me a small chance of seeing the magic 9st7lbs tomorrow, fingers crossed. I have a hectic week ahead, just got to get my head down and do it. I've not been sleeping too well so getting on top of things will help that I'm sure.

Ida, plateaus are an unpleasant feature of diets, sadly. And introducing more food will take a bit of getting used to, your body has been adjusting to not having much then it has started increasing. I'm sure the weight will start to move again soon. Well done for getting meals made in advance, I'm much more last minute, and I get bored with food fairly quickly. Hope this week isn't too busy.

Joanne, what a fantastic loss! And after having been dieting previously too. It's my guess that you are probably in ketosis but had an easy transition (maybe while you were asleep?). Well done on getting Christmas shopping done, have the Grands Magasins got their windows done yet? The walking must be helping too, although 5km in drizzle and semi dark doesn't appeal to me either. We tried out our new bikes yesterday and I fell off! How embarrassing was that! It was brand new, the gear shift impossible, and it needs a lot of adjustments to be ridden comfortably - that's my excuse. I'm sure we'll sort it out but it was not a good experience.

Morning all,

yes perhaps this is ketosis, but I don't know really never having tried to go into that state! Given that I ate salad and veggies over the weekend, wouldn't I have slipped out though? And oughtn't I have been starving hungry yesterday? I certainly wasn't!

Another walk under my belt (45km since last Wednesday). Mornings it's ok, despite the drizzle these past two mornings, but I find it harder in the evening. There are metros and buses, but perhaps one in three or four, so too many people crammed together for my liking. While I'm still physically able, I'll continue on foot. Last night, for instance, I saw two buses which would have helped me, glanced towards the next bus stop, saw 20 odd people waiting, saw the bus already jam packed, so put my head down and continued! It doesn't make for lively evenings, mind you! And I tend to vegetate in front of the TV.

Diet going beautifully (and weigh in pleasing). Still no hunger, which has to be the main thing, enjoying on the whole what I'm eating (who could mind eating faux fillet, smoked salmon and fish and seafood liberally!), and losing well. I'm even turning my thoughts to Christmas week in the UK and how I could control things a little better rather than totally losing the plot as I usually do.

Ida - with this diet I'm following, they recommend a gradual introduction of foods over a long period. For each kilo lost, to allow 10 days of restricted gradual reintroduction...

Claire - I've not been anywhere near the Grand Magasins. Quelle horreur, seeking to walk further than one need at the moment! The Champs have the lights in the trees, ready to light, but not on yet... (leastwise, if they are, I'm leaving work too early for them to be lit).

Oh dear re bike! I have one in the country but am not a confident rider and hate the gears! Far too many and having gears on both handle bars flummoxes me. I never seem to be in the right gear, so my legs go round and round ultra fast compared to OH who looks calm and serene, while I'm going crazy!

Hi folks
Still stuck here with a quarter of a pound to go, starting to contemplate home surgery - there must be a few ounces of me I could remove! I'm very tired today, work, dancing and sundry obligations are weighing me down. I will be mightily glad when November is over, except that I have a full week of the dancing show plus matinee in the first week of December.

Joanne, it seems like you have really found a diet which suits you. I think you are in ketosis despite the veggies, Atkins dieters get very deep ketosis and Dukan is pretty similar, it's the low carb thing. It is supposed to make you energetic and suppress hunger pangs, sounds like where you are now. How does your OH like it? Well done keeping up the walking, not fun in the cold and dark.

Your bike experiences are much like mine, I didn't have gears as a child so have a lot of trouble. We are swapping bikes so I get the easier gear change now, but I'm keeping my comfy saddle. DH cycles quite a lot, I haven't for over thirty years except for a few forays on holiday. Plus these bikes have small wheels (they are folding types) and suspension, which makes the handling strange.

Hello beautiful people!

Maintainer: 7lbs is an amazing loss, you should be proud of yourself. And the food you're eating is amazingly healthy and sounds pretty yummy too!

You've already been out christmas shopping? I'm soo jealous! I love christmas more than anything, I'd better get buying advent presents for the boy (and maybe my little brother too - he's blind, and even though he's officially an adult now, he's like a kid when he gets presents).

Re bikes: I love my bike, she's called Llama (don't ask!) and we have a lot of adventures together. When you buy a bike here, you usually take it back to the cycle smith to get it tuned and tightened after 3 months. Another good tip is to pay each year for a service, costs a little bit, but is well worth the money in the long run. Gears are a pain, I only have 7 on my right handlebar, so it's not too confusing. I'm sure you'll get used to it!

We (llama and I) cycle over 60 miles a week together, I don't drive so she's my primary transportation.

Claire: sounds like december will be busy. With all that running around that quarter pound will be gone before you know it! PS Have you considered a haircut - might be good for a quarter pound - maybe shave your legs too (I'm not saying you're hairy or anything..).

Me and my scale are now bestest buds again, as I weighed in this morning at 55.9kg/8st 11lb. Under 2lbs to go until my first target.

I had a shift yesterday, and got home really late. But I was out to the same patient as I was a couple of weeks ago, and as I work for a nursing bank, that was a nice surprise. He has aphasia after a stroke (his language is a bit broken) but I've slowly learned to understand the substitutions he makes (eg. lets take the dogs for a walk = I need to go no. 2), which made looking after him a lot easier. No more shifts until december now, I have exams soon!

Day off today, the plan is to study, but I haven't woken up yet

Have a great day
Loads of christmassy love
Ida xx

Hello All

Sounds like you are all doing very well on your diets.

Wow Idja - 8st 11 - thats tiny!!!!

Joanne - sounds like Dukan is really suiting you - am getting a bit tempted myself!

Claire - I'll join you with the home surgery - would love to smooth out my bumps!

Grey and horrid here today which kind of matches my mood - HATE this damp winter weather.

Am off to bun shop :rolleyes:

Back