The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Ida, brilliant weight loss, you should be at goal by the weekend. Do we get to see photos then? Hairy though my legs can get I don't think the toal would quite reach 4oz, close but not close enough! All that cycling must keep you very fit. I'm a bit nervous cycling here, the roads are dangerous but there are few cycle paths so most people cycle on the pavement. David does his own bike maintenaqnce so he'll probably do mine too. We have a very good local cycle shop, the guy who works there has a gorgeous dog, she is a GSD who is obsessed with her favourite toy which is a broom - full sized. She carries it everywhere when she goes for a walk, it is so funny to watch them going down the street.

It's nice for both you and the patient to be able to get used to each other. Hope the exams go OK, once they are out the way you can enjoy your Christmas prreparations.

Tasha, I hope the buns cheered up your morning. I have a friend who insists that jam and cream doughnuts are healthy because white things are calorie free and jam equals one fruit portion for the day. I don't understand why some fat areas just don't go no matter how much you try, but my hoover doesn't have a liposuction attachment.

mmm, buns.. I really fancy a soft squidgy bun with icing. I bet the buns you get there are REALLY nice.

Claire: Awww, that dog sounds so funny. I can imagine how funny it must look! Cycling does keep me somewhat fit, I think its why my weightloss happens quickly, and its nice in the morning to wake up a bit on my way to uni, and to feel the spirit of the city - everyone rushing about, people who are late, kids on thier way to school etc. And I'll admit, it's nice to sail past the cars. We're lucky here, an extensive cyclepath network (all roads have an extra lane, with kerbing for cyclists, which is sperate from pedestrians. And "the little traffic" always has right of way, eg pedestrians first, then bikes, then cars etc. Tourists never seem to realise that the bike lanes are just like ordinally lanes in the traffic, step out, and get mown down! Not that I've ever run anyone down, no no :)

100g down this morning - that's fine, plodding on today. Am completely broke and looking forward to pay day - hope I got sorted my student support out in time else I'll be £500 down and only get my pay. Library today until 8pm for histology.

Have a fantastic day girls
Lots of love
Ida xxx

You sound such fun Idja - bet you are hugely tempted to run them over though!!!!

Where do you live - am a bit slow and have come to realise its not here!!

Didnt actually get a bun - had a ham and coleslaw sandwich instead which was yummy anyway!!

I agree though - all white things calories free - as are things you share with someone else - and things you are offered at someones house - well - it would be rude otherwise!!!

So bummed - weight 11/9.5 - am feeling very hefty :rolleyes: - probably due to previous sentance! But in reality I havent been over doing it so am feeling a bit at sea at the moment - want to get the weight off but not sure HOW, eating 1500 cals per day isnt shifting any and a VLCD isnt very appealing at the moment!!!

Good grief - stop moaning girl!!! Sorry:D

Beautiful tashy, I live in Copenhagen, Denmark :)

I don't understand why you're feeling hefty, I think you look so gorgeous in your pics. Maybe the good old "eat three times a day in proper portions" would suit you? hardly drastic, and works a treat

Right, I'd better get off my derriere (I bet one of the clever french speaking peeps will correct my spelling in a second) and venture out into the cold unknown!

Love Ida xx

Morning girls,

I must admit that Tash's bun comment set my mind off onto things creamy and squidgy... thank goodness I've never liked French gateaux!

NOT a good weigh in this morning, particularly given all the darned exercise I'm forced to take, and I've gained 300g. Apparently it's normal though to have fluctuations so I've bought some pills (if you get my meaning!) and will continue... Hoping this strike ends SOON (although I did get on a bus this morning which saved me about 3km).

Tash - hefty? You? You're so tall compared to the rest of us that your weight sounds higher, but not your BMI, right?! As for a VLCD, with Christmas so close (how I love talking about Christmas!), it's not an ideal time to start... I'm not going to have time to stabilise properly, and after the gain this morning I'm not as sure as I was yesterday that I'll get there by then either!

Idaj - you should come for a cyle over here; there are cycle lanes everywhere on the pavement, with little traffic lights for the cyclists. Do they obey them and stop when the lights are red? Do they heck! I've nearly been mown down more than once by a crazy cyclist! And when on a pavement minding my own business, that's just not on!!

Claire - hope you're ok.

Tash -

Hi folks, I'm obviously the latest riser today. But I'm here at last, and I come with news
:talk017: 9st7lbs! :talk017:
I hit target dead on this morning! Not exactly an outstanding achievement since it has taken me since Sunday to shift four ounces, but it is a nice feeling to be here. My meaasurements don't seem to have gone down over the last few pounds, so it must be going from places I'm not measuring (toes, arms, brain?). I'll be carrying on with JUDDD but a bit higher on DDs for maintenance, if I decide to lose a bit more I can always cut back again.

Joanne, it's funny how we each want the buns we can't get, I'd kill for french patisserie while you say you prefer english cream cakes. This transport strike seems to be dragging on for ages, maybe because Sarko has backed himself into a corner by taking a hard line which prevents compromise. Our news said there's been vandalism to some rail lines too.

Ida, good to hear the weight is still dropping, especially now you are eating more. I hope you get your grant money, or your BF will have to keep you for a while. How long till your exams?

Tasha, a sandwich sounds a much healthier option, though possibly about the same caloriewise. Where you are with dieting sounds like the state I got into, as soon as I tried to cut back my body adjusted to manage on what it was given, it's why I turned to JUDDD.

I've got some work and some nicer things today. Last night I started to cut out my purple velvet top, just love that colour. And I have to cook red cabbage (not sure if that counts as a nice occupation or not)

CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE!! FABULOUS NEWS!

Thanks Joanne, it has been tantalisingly close for so long that it's almost a letdown - no chorus of dancing girls or trumpet fanfare!

I'm sitting here feeling petrified, did I tell you that I am going to direct our local amateur dramatic society's musical in the spring? We are doing Blondel, me directing and my sister MDing (she's a brilliant pianist). The lib and lyrics for this show were written by Tim Rice - the guy who wrote the words for Joseph, Chess, Evita, The Lion King etc, and he emailed me wishing us luck with the production and saying please keep him informed of how it's going, which I was thrilled by and wrote back. Anyway he emailed again today saying he was busy with a production of Chess at the Albert Hall on May 12th and 13th and hopes it won't clash. Does that mean he wants to come and see the show :eek:, I mean it would be lovely of him and so on but the cast would be scared half to death. Not to mention me.

Not exactly an outstanding achievement? Your persistance has paid off, and that's brilliant. It shows how strong you are that you didn't give up, like many would, and saw it through to the end. Fantastic achievment.

* * * CONGRATULATIONS!!!! * * * :superwoman:

the measurements will fall as your body fat redistributes itself. You have done brilliantly, I'm so happy for you (you should see my lunatic grin right now!) and you really deserve it.

I hope you have a fantastic day, and yes, purple is such a beautiful colour.

Thank you for the big smile you've put on my face :)

Lots of Love
Ida xx

PS we have those bike traffic lights too, people do stop though, danish people tend to be very law abiding. You know you're danish when you're standing in the cold waiting for the green man on the pedestrian crossing at 4am when there isn't a car for miles :)

Thank you Ida, it's the support of all of you on the forum which has helped me stick to this. You'll be joining me so very soon, you seem to lose at about four times the rate I do - I blame my age. I shall have to add some "after" pics to my gallery, maybe in the purple top when I've got it finished.

Good morning

Am up shockingly early considering I don't have lectures until 10am, but am hoping to get 2 hrs studying done before - and reserve a space at the library! Was completely full yesterday. Had a lovely evening last night where I saw some friends, and our ferrets played together while we watched some stuff on the big screen.

Weight the same, 55.8kg, but thats perfectly fine. I've only slept 5hrs, so I'd imagine I'll drop a fair bit tomorrow morning.

Will be looking forward to pics claire! ;)

Love Ida xx

Morning all,

Claire - that is amazing news about Tim Rice. Perhaps it might be best not to forewarn your cast members though. Just imagine how thrilled they'd be to hear after the opening night that he had been there... and maybe he'll come backstage afterwards! Better just you and your sister be nervous than the whole cast. I do love musicals, although don't know Blondel, I'm afraid. I lived in London from 1984 to 1986 so saw all the main ones during that time period, but none since except on TV.

Idaj - you have such a great way of expressing yourself! I think you'll be wasted in the medical profession and you could probably make a small fortune if you wrote comedy!

All still ok in the diet world for me although the fast loss seems to have stopped dead! Ah well - I am up on my estimations for Christmas and am only theoretically 2lbs over my target weight (just that I lowered the target down to what I weighed when I quit smoking). What is weird though, and Idaj's explanation is probably correct, is that none of my winter trousers fit me yet... so close and so far? Or perhaps I've gone thinner still up top, so still too big round the belly... ah well!

Strike continues but a glimmer of hope that the temporary end is in sight (at least until the negotiations are over). In the past 7 mornings, I've managed to get on one bus for half the journey once! So my walk tally is currently at 62km (about 37 miles). For such a lazy one as me, this is a miracle!

Hi folks, I have just been doing one of my least favouite tasks - cleaning my car. All being well I'll be trading it in tomorrow, so some of the last few months mud has to go. Hoovering the inside is next but I'm taking a coffee break first, those dog hairs need a lot of caffeine before they'll budge. Scales still the same so two days at goal so far, the weekend might be a problem though.

Ida, how lovely for your ferret that your friends have them too, animals love to play together. Do they do that rolling over together like a furry ball? Exams must be close to want to be studying at 8am.

Joanne, I'd heard that Tim Rice was a really nice person, and when I was negotiating the rights the agent said he was very pleased that we wanted to do the show and was taking an interest. I certainly wouldn't let the cast know he was there, in fact no-one except me and mine would be told, I would hate to have the audience full of people who wanted to see him rather than the show. Fat loss is a weird thing, when I lost with CD, and was 2lbs heavier than I am now, I lost the fat on the inside of my thighs, it returned with subsequent gains and has still not gone again. Well done with the walking, I know it is not through choice but is excellent exercise anyway.

Thank you Tasha, it must have been one of the slowest diets in history but I made it at last. Now it is just a case of staying here.

6oy0m5y.gif

Good morning last-stoners!

Hope you're all well. Up earlyish again to get to library. Exams are in 4 weeks. Eek! I have exams in histology, cytology (including biochemistry), genetics and biophysics.

Scale said 55.7kg this morning - think I'm retaining water due to mother nature popping by today. As long as it doesn't go up, I'm usually quite content!

Well, I'd better get going, but I hope you all have a great day

Lots of love
Ida

PS Claire - how does it feel to reach goal?

Edit: I seem to have broken my ticker and now weigh 0 kg. Oh well.

Back