The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

To be honest, Tash, I didn't know whether I'd be able to bear "all that protein", particularly as my own healthy eating plan involved so many veggies and salads. I do miss fruit, that's for sure, but admit that I probably ate far too much of it, thinking it "healthy", so will be more careful on that front once I move onto the stabilisation phase of this diet. (I'm deliberately avoiding mentioning the name of it now, cos when I googled it, I only found myself talking about it in the UK so I edited my posts and now don't name it!! And don't plan on being a guru for the old doc!!)..

If it weren't for Christmas in two weeks time (exactly!!!), I'd be moving onto Phase 3 then (Consolidation) when I reintroduce some carbs, and fruit once a day... but hmmm Christmas being Christmas, who knows what'll happen!

The protein was my problem when I tried it, I just don't like meat enough to want to eat it without anything else, so I tended towards the yogurt, cheese and egg options. And it doesn't like me all that much either.

Were you getting people contacting you about the D**** diet? I had a rather unnerving experience on another forum when I had been idly chatting about some work I was doing and one person must have been googling about the subject, found my post and joined the forum specifically so he could quiz me about it. I tend to be deliberately vague about some things now - and accidentally vague about a load of others!

Tasha, well done for getting your shopping done, I'm still drifting along undecided on most of it although there are several purchases lined up now.

I've been using fromage blanc with a tip of a teaspoon of mustard as a "sauce" for my meat and fish, or have served boiled eggs with things like liver that I couldn't quite conceive eating alone and "dry"! The fat free stock cubes add some flavour too, and of course curry powder, garlic etc is allowed.

I hadn't yet had anyone but, you know what it's like, as soon as you start showing a good weight loss, people want to do the same thing and I didn't want to be responsible for pulling half of the UK's dieters into this "strange" way of eating on my say so! Let them buy the book, and translate it! (can you believe that my sister, who doesn't work, asked whether I'd have time to translate it roughly for her!! errrr NO!)

You're right to be vague on the internet Claire. Sometimes I'm amazed at the sort of information people do let out online. Photos of their houses etc, and on another post tell you the name of the town they live and forget that people can put 2 and 2 together!

100g up today but that happens so I'm ok with it!

I'm still stable, but we are going out with friends tonight so I'm expecting a glitch tomorrow. It is very frosty here, and the garden is full of birds waiting to be fed, my semi tame blackbird is on the doorstep as soon as you try to open the door, he demands sultanas every time he sees me.

When I tried your diet I made sauces thickened with egg yolk, I like that sort of thing but it is extra work. The idea of snacking on a slice of ham or piece of chicken never appealed, yogurt was fine (I used CD flavourings) and custards (but they needed making). Of course none of it was "make in advancd and freeze" stuff so it was a daily grind. And finally the quantity of meat would set off my ibs, not fun.

I'm really surprised there hasn't been a translation published by now, not that there is any shortage of diet books here already. It isn't exactly the glossy book filled with recipes with pictures which sells here, but no reason why someone shouldn't do a proper revamp, could be a good seller.

Not only do people put pictures of their houses online, they also say when they are going on holiday, almost an invitation. That said, paperboys always know which houses are temporarily empty so it is impossible to keep these things secret.

I really must make some progress on Chritmas stuff, much as I would prefer hugging the radiator. Have a good day.

Hi everyone
Hard frost this morning, which is quite a good thing I suppose, pretty anyway. I have to take my car to the garage today to get the key cut and programmed which they failed to manage last week, so some serious ice-scraping in store.

We had a great time last night, met some new people, one of whom knew loads of people in common with us. I was very good and didn't drink much at all, we did have rather a large Indian take-away (oops). No damage done, I'm still on 9st7lbs this morning. It is hard to get out of the "shouldn't really have that" mentality, even though I've had UDs right through there is still a lurking sense that some foods are "bad".

Did you have to walk this morning Joanne? It's a bit slippery underfoot here, hope it is better on your pavements.

Ida, how did the elf visit go? Any pics for us?

Tasha, hi, hope things are going well.

Claire - now that you're at target, there oughtn't be any "(ooops)" feelings about having a normal meal like an Indian takeaway! Old habits die hard, eh?!

It feels cold here but definitely no ice at the time I left the flat. Being in the city tends to protect us from that, but I bet things are colder out at the house. We're returning for the weekend tomorrow evening, and it'll be great to have the sunshine and cold compared to the wind and driving rain of last weekend!

I'm trying not to get too interested in egg based sauces as I'm already horrified at how many eggs I *could* consume with this diet if I didn't keep an eye on things. Last weekend, for instance, I made some flans - 5 eggs - we ate one each per day over the weekend. I then discovered that some dieters eat them all in one day as they're "allowed"! Hmm! I do vaguely wonder about my cholesterol but I'll get it checked next year!

Happy happy with weight and so almost there it's cruel!

Oh a friend and colleague in our main office rang me yesterday - she's not seen me since I started this diet - she's *heard* and wouldn't tell me from whom that I've "gone too far with the diet and need to stop". Why did that news fill me with joy?!!! (I don't mean that I want to stop, but that it pleases me to hear that someone anonymous thinks I'm looking thin or haggard or whatever!!) DOH!

Hi everyone
Hard frost this morning, which is quite a good thing I suppose, pretty anyway. I have to take my car to the garage today to get the key cut and programmed which they failed to manage last week, so some serious ice-scraping in store.

We had a great time last night, met some new people, one of whom knew loads of people in common with us. I was very good and didn't drink much at all, we did have rather a large Indian take-away (oops). No damage done, I'm still on 9st7lbs this morning. It is hard to get out of the "shouldn't really have that" mentality, even though I've had UDs right through there is still a lurking sense that some foods are "bad".

Did you have to walk this morning Joanne? It's a bit slippery underfoot here, hope it is better on your pavements.

Ida, how did the elf visit go? Any pics for us?

Tasha, hi, hope things are going well.

Things are going very well thankyou - really looking forward to Christmas now - bit like a kid I am!!!!

Very frosty here last few days too - its lovely.

Huge congrats on continuing to maintain.

Yes - my OH does celebrate xmas - obviously not in a religious sense but he and his family all buy pressies - they are not devout anyway. We are all going there (Brighton) between Christmas and New Year, so thats something else to look forward to!!

I want to see the elf too!!!!

Happy happy with weight and so almost there it's cruel!

Oh a friend and colleague in our main office rang me yesterday - she's not seen me since I started this diet - she's *heard* and wouldn't tell me from whom that I've "gone too far with the diet and need to stop". Why did that news fill me with joy?!!! (I don't mean that I want to stop, but that it pleases me to hear that someone anonymous thinks I'm looking thin or haggard or whatever!!) DOH!

Wow - you are nearly there - well done :D

Its wonderful when someone tells you you've lost too much weight isnt it - big smiles for you I should think!!!

Hi it's another cold and frosty morning here, the poor birds in the garden are very hungry, I make them fat laden bread for the winter. My car had a puncture last night which my DH is just about to deal with for me, bless him, he has his uses! I actually forgot to weigh myself this morning, it is either progress in reducing my reliance on the scales or encroaching senility.

Tasha, sounds like you are planning a lovely Christmas, I haven't a clue what we are doing yet except for the day itself.

Joanne, congratulations on being so very nearly there, you've done so well on this diet. The egg sauces are a great way of using up excess yolks from the galette (if you do white only galette that is). Isn't it lovely when people notice you have lost weight, it seems that even a couple of pounds makes a noticeable difference when you are around goal weight.

Morning all - and I'm just like you, Tash, when it comes to Christmas... except I have ONE advantage over you. NO KIDS! So I'm the kid when I go home!! :)

Very very cold here too and I see that the weekend in the East of France will be even colder, but with glorious sunshine, so that's a big improvement on the gales and driving rain of last weekend as far as I'm concerned.

I admit that I throw lots of egg yolks away each week - otherwise I dread to think what my cholesterol level would be. As my OH is doing the diet too, there really is no other way of doing it (although I did read somewhere that someone was feeding her cat the yolks! :confused:).

Have a good weekend, and just a four day week for me next week before heading for Blighty!

Hi all - sorry, just a flying visit. Am very busy and also having some personal problems at the mo, and that with exams next week means I wont be here so much until the new year. I did however find time to squeeze in an elf visit to the police.

Before

before.jpg before2.jpg before3.jpg

After (as elf - not the worlds best picture)
after.jpg after2.jpg

(clicky clicky)

I was around 68kg in the first pic (I started my diet at 73.8), and around 55kg in the after pic.

Sorry I dont have more time to read your posts.
Would just like to say that the cholesterol you eat (eg in eggs) doesn't really have an effect on your cholestrol numbers - it's saturated fats (esp. trans fats) that cause trouble. Google for more info if it interests you :)

Lots of love
Ida xxx

Last edited:
Ida, you look gorgeous and so slim in your elf get-up, are you sure you want to lose any more? I'm sorry you are having problems, I know you said things have been difficult in the past, I hope life sorts out. Good luck with your exams, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and have a fantastic Christmas if we don't see you before then.

Joanne, hope you are having a lovely relaxed weekend by the fire, I'm tempted to start using ours again over Christmas. Did you hit target?

I've got totally out of sync on DDs, so will have to squeeze one in tomorrow, I ought to try and go down a bit before the excesses of Christmas. Although I'm not wild about Christmas food I do love cooking, then it has to be eaten. I finally got my present buying sorted, just my younger sister and mother to do now.

thankyou claire! I hope you have a fantastic christmas too, will be stuffing myself with roast pork come the 24th.

Forgot to post a pic of my beloved ferret:

idamonty.jpg

Will be back in the new year, merry christmas and a happy new year all.

Loads of christmassy love,
Ida xx

Oh Wow!!! Ida - you are so slim and so beautiful - stunning :D Ferret is cute too!!!

Sorry to hear you are having personal problams - hope you can resolve.

Best of luck in your exams and look forward to hearing from you in the New Year.

Have a fab Christmas.

Bet the police LOVED the elf visit!!!!!!!!:p

what ever happened to Coley (the originator of this thread)?

Cah-ching - I don't know, and haven't seen Coley around for ages.

Idaj - you look STUNNING and, like the others, I don't think you need to lose any more weight. I hope you have a good Christmas and that things sort themselves out. They do tend to.

(With extreme reservation, I can announce that) not only did I hit target this morning, but blew it out of the window! BUT, without wishing to give you too much info, I had an upset tum yesterday so that could be the reason for it... I'll see how I do in the week before congratulating myself.

Lovely but COLD weekend at the house. MINUS 6°C in the morning, and barely higher during the day. Yesterday, we vegetated in front of the fire, reading, catching up on Soaps(!), and dozing. Lovely! I must get some WOOL socks in England as my feet are permanently cold in these arctic temperatures. I bet Idaj has some warm ones where she is, but I'm just not used to these extreme temperatures!

Just a four day work week for me, as we're coming your way on Friday :) then two weeks without internet!

Hi everyone, and a cold and frosty Monday here. I have to go and see my sister who is visiting our parents with her granddaughter today, quick hello and exchange of gifts, maybe time to sing a few carols too. I baked florentines yesterday, just love the tosted almond smell when I open the tin, must be 10 cals a sniff at least. My weight is still stable, and I have even done some non-counting DDs, just keeping a rough tally.

Ida, your ferret is so sweet, and so big. I love their inquisitive faces and little noses.

Tasha, hi :)

Cah Ching, Coley hasn't been here in ages, work and her love life kept her very busy last I heard.

Joanne - hooray :bliss::happy096::party0011: well done on hitting target with a vengeance. Believe me, upset stomachs don't make that much of a weight difference unless they are after a period of constipation, so I reckon your weight loss is for real. Now get ready for the gala meals! A short week sounds good, and two weeks off even better. Hope Santa brings you lots of woollies.

Morning, and very happy to see the same numbers on my scales this morning, so you're right Claire! I must admit that I was a bit dubious to see so much weight "fall off" literally over the weekend, and would have put most of it down to the upset rather than my fabulous dieting, but hey? I'll not complain.

Theoretically, now that I'm below my "stabilisable target", I ought to move onto Phase 3, but will save that pleasure for next week, while in the UK (probably 25th itself). I'll see whether I can continue up until then with this alternating proteins and proteins + veg up to then. Staying in ketosis is likely to help me resist as I'll not be hungry. I fear for once the ketosis is broken!

I don't believe I've ever eaten a florentine

Hi Joanne, great to hear the loss is for real. If you are happy doing another week of the diet it will help if everything goes wrong over your holiday. Is your OH continuing too? I wasn't sure if he was trying to lose a lot or just keeping you company.

Florentines are lovely (the proper almond and dark chocolate variety) but I don't make them often. I'm sure they are healthier than mince pies, and very satisfying because of the mixture of flavours and crispness. Do you do much baking?

I've been trying to get lots odd bits and pieces done, yesterday was such a disaster as far as getting stuff done goes because I had appointments scattered through the day and evening. Then yet another rehearsal tonight complete with photo call. I must remember to take make-up for the dame, I'm sure he won't think of it.

I'm perfectly happy doing another week as I love eating this way and I love not being hungry! Once into "Phase 3 - Consolidation", I'll come out of ketosis, find temptation more difficult no doubt, and might suffer from hunger. So least soon commenced, best, methinks... I'm going to try to hold out right until Christmas Day...

I used to bake a lot when younger, and was always my Mum's "kitchen boy" whatever she was making even as a child. Having been seemingly on diets almost nonstop since 2002, I now avoid baking as I have far less problem saying no to shop bought goods than my own home made ones (even when they're a failure, funnily enough!!).

OH had gained a lot of weight too, but hadn't realised how much until he decided to join me and got on the scales a week after I started! He's lost 9K in 4 weeks, to my 7K in 5 weeks, but while I'm maintaining the 64.2K nicely now, he could do with losing another 5 or 6K, I reckon... potentially more after Christmas. ah well!

One more day at work after today, and we'll be leaving quite early on Friday morning (after going to the fish market to buy Dad's grey shrimp which apparently he can't find in our area of the UK!). Although our ferry isn't until 5pm, booked when I thought I'd work until lunchtime, given that school holidays commence that day, best we get to Calais early and check out Cite Europe or even see how much they'll charge us to let us onto an earlier boat... it used to be free, but no longer!

Last edited:
Back