The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Hi Girls

Not posted as am feeling very vile. Still doing WW and just not getting anywhere. Feel very fat and bloated. Sure that everything is not quite right - havent had a period since MC (7weeks) - just don't feel right in my own skin.

On a MUCH brighter note - off on hols Monday so looking forward to that although not looking forward to how I'm going to feel on the beach next to all the skinneys!!!

If I still feel like this when we get back I will pay a visit to the GP.

Sorry to moan!!

Joanne - great not to have put much on - well done.

You both seem to have cracked this eating lark.

Heres hoping I will too soon!

Tash

I'm sure that the bloated feeling DOES have something to do with what you went through, not that long ago, when you think about it Tash. These things DO take time to get over, both mentally and physically, and it would be a good idea to see your doctor when you get back from holiday (YAY!) should you still be feeling low. You might be retaining water.

You forget but we've seen photos of you Tash... and you'll be JUST as skinny as the others on the beach. You never were really overweight as I was so you have an impression in your mind of how you think you look. We saw how you REALLY look, and you'll look great on the beach, fear not...

Enjoy and I hope your children have a good time too (presuming you're taking them with you; if not, lock them in well and leave out some food and water...!) :)

Hehehe - what a great thought - thought about leaving them in the shed but was worried some do-gooder would call the NSPCC - decided had better take them with us - AND we are sharing a room :eek:

I am 10lbs heavier than the pics you have seen. I know you are right - I don't have much to lose.

Thanks for your kind comments :)

Hi Tashy, sorry you are feeling low, the hormones do take a long time to settle down (or so I've been told by friends who have suffered the same). I'm not certain if I've really sorted the eating, I just compensate for it regularly! It seems to work though. Where are you going on holiday? I'm turning green with envy here, I can't take any time off until the show is over so we will be going away in June. We get to share with the dog, less demanding than children but takes up a lot of the bed.

Painted wood will look nice on the ceilings, and new paintwork always looks lovely and clean. David is just the same over doing stuff around the house, and so I usually do things by myself, then get asked "how are you going to do this bit" just so he can tell me it won't work!

Gran Canaria - Maspalomas which is quite quiet - no noisy disco's and that suits me. Our hotel is right on the beach next to miles of lovely sand dunes. We stayed there in October and so know where we are going to.

Makes me look forward to it even more knowing exactly what to expect and where I am going. Maybe I should look into getting a holiday home!!

Sounds like hard work and a lot of commitment - you must really enjoy it. How many days does it run?

Joanne - don't you know any plasterers from the UK? You could invite someone over for a couple of days - buy some plasterboard sheeting which he would put up and skim - lovely smooth ceiling!!!! Could do the same if you know any in France too! (But a friend might be less expensive).

I'm very glad it's Friday and although the sun is shining brightly, there is a nip to the air... tomorrow morning getting my highlights repaired (I'm seeing a few grey hairs at the roots, YIKES!), so that's a morning wasted... in addition, I hate staring at myself (for three hours) while the whole process takes place, so I'll have to put makeup on for once on a Saturday morning!! great!

Hope you have a fabulous time Tash - it's true that it is nice knowing where you're going already. As for having a holiday home, I'd definitely recommend it. I love finding my own things when I get there! In fact, I'm far happier in my "holiday home" than in my main home! If only I could live there permanently... (no work though so I'd need to start buying lottery tickets again!)

I wish I did know a plasterer Tash - not only do we have the ceiling issue but also very thick (think BIG royal icing on christmas cake) artexing on the walls of that room... what were they thinking... but removing it just isn't going to happen easily (and the mess!! and potential asbestos - best it stay there!).

Weight fine today but not as low as sometimes after a protein day. Never mind - I have three weeks left to get back to my pre-holiday weight (1.3K less).

Have a good weekend Claire...

Tashy, sounds like you are going to have a lovely time. I like revisiting places, and I can see the benefits of a holiday place if you can use it enough. More responsibility though, I don't think I need something else to worry about. The show runs for 5 nights, and it is a massive amount of work. Luckily I only direct every 5 years or so.

Joanne, I have grey hairs on my hairline too, really ought to get them redyed. I'm naturally pretty dark so they show up dramatically. Artexed walls are ghastly, collect dust like magnets too. Did you have any of those wallpapered door panels that old french houses seem to suffer from? Do you really have to get down to your previous weight, I thought that was rather low. I suppose it does give room for holiday excesses.

I will have a weekend to myself as David is going sailing. Saturday night is the Player's dinner so I'll be going to that, otherwise it will be work for the show mostly, plus a bit of time for other things I hope.

Claire - we didn't have any wallpapered door panels but friends in the Charente had wallpapered in between and over beautiful beams to contend with! Can you imagine?! Gorgeous mahogany beams COVERED over with red and green flowers! I ask you!

You're right that at 62K my weight was rather low for me, and I did get some disparagingly negative comments from my nearest and dearest BUT, as you so wisely recognise, I loved having the leeway... silly me. I doubt I'll ever be truly happy with my weight.

A weekend to yourself. How fabulous! Mind you, it sounds as if you might be pretty busy, but at least you'll get to hold the remote control (not that there's much worth fighting over on TV at the weekend!!).

ENJOY!

Have a brilliant time Tashy, you deserve it.

Well I didn't get an easy weekend, my dog was ill on Friday so I had very litrtle sleep Friday night. Luckily she picked up on Saturday, but then there was a power cut at 6.30 Sunday morning and my neighbour's alarm went off. Aaargh. So I am feeling overtired and it will take me a while to catch up again.

Joanne, I can't imagine why anyone should wallpaper over beams like that, what vandalism. Mind you, what some people can do to houses is beyond belief, like the pale green gloss paint on walls in the mistaken belief it will reduce damp. I'm afraid I can't benefit from sole control of the remote, we don't have a television! I know this is hard to believe but we have never bothered to get one as most of the stuff is such rubbish, although we sometimes watch dvds on the pc.

Oh no and I hope your dog is ok now.

I was wakened both mornings soon after 6am by Minnie who decides she's hungry then. The fact that the food bowl still has dried biscuit in it at that time is immaterial. "I am hungry and I want someone to get up!" is Moaning Minnie's cry at that time of day. She marches up and down the bed. Up and over both of us purrrrrrrrrrrrrring loudly. If that doesn't work, she sometimes starts playing with my hair! Thank you Minnie!

Once woken, I can never get back to sleep so I was up with the birds very early both days BUT did manage a lovely siesta both afternoons (even Saturday with newly highlighted and styled hair, but I was sleeeepy!).

I can well imagine your not having a TV, as I didn't used to have myself finding French TV not worth the bother. I've always like the soaps in the UK, I must admit, and now that we have a satellite dish at the house pointing towards "home", we tape a lot of things there and bring them back to the city to watch. So not exactly "watching TV" but watching DVDs of things recorded on UK TV!

Very cold again here, although the snow didn't last, and I'm wearing two sweaters to work today as I'm perpetually cold. Do you find that you feel the cold far more now that you're slimmer, Claire?

Speaking of slim. My weight was good on Sunday so I had a gala meal last night, and some chocolate too, so stayed off the scales this morning. Never the best time to weigh oneself but I was pleased that within six days the holiday weight had gone. All I need to do now is not weigh myself for a week after a holiday. Hmm!

Hi, nice and sunny at last, other areas have been getting snow but we have managed without so far. My resident blackbirds are being very demanding as they have chicks to feed, it is funny to have them fly up every time I sit at the computer which is next to the window. Doesn't help get the work done of course.

Cassie is fine now thanks, at her age I panic with every problem. Minnie sounds like my old cat, she used to come in and trample on the radio alarm until she touched the button that set it going. Not good at 5.00am. How do you deal with Minnie?

I was always sensitive to cold, even when overweight. I wish there were some way of making my body use the food to make me warm and energetic. Surely that is what it is intended for rather than adding it to my thighs. Well done on the weight, it sounds like you have really cracked the holiday gain problem, the next stage will be plucking up the courage to leave consolidation?

I had dance class last night, I haven't danced for four weeks and am suffering for it now, it will be worse tomorrow. It was a really nice number, some good steps which I'm storing up for future choreography of my own. I think my weight is staying fairly steady, the problem with just weighing once a week is that it is hard to know if other things are affecting it as you aren't looking at an average picture. No chance of being restrained today, I am meeting my family for coffee and inevitably cakes this morning.

How do I deal with Minnie? When she bleats in my ear? I usually end up getting up and doing exactly what she wants - great for educating her properly, eh? Workday mornings, I make her wait until 6.30am (my usual time to get up), but I do begrudge the few minutes she deprives me of sleep each work morning too!

When overweight I didn't feel the cold at all. Now, my hands can go blue... horrible! I have atrocious circulation obviously but moving around keeps me warmer, just that I have a very sedentary job and an officemate who likes the window open even in this chilly weather! grrrr!

I am actually officially leaving the Consolidation phase on Friday having done my 75 days and moving onto the fourth and final Phase, Stabilisation. This stage means eating normally* with just two provisos: Thursday remains a protein only day for life AND one must eat the sons each day too (although they say you can just have the oatmeal if you prefer).

On Friday 25th, I'll be off again for 2 weeks 1 day (and no internet access alas) so will hope to keep things on track(ish), but it's true that "normal people" enjoy their holidays without binge eating, and have a little weight gain that they sort out when they get home. Just that "normal people" probably don't eat until midnight the night they get back and then get on the scales the first morning! Given that after five days I had lost all I gained on the last holiday, I will attempt to stay off scales for a week on my return (even though, like you, I do prefer to know... but weekly weighing is more "normal" than doing as I now do (daily).

--- <- footnote
* Since people like me have no concept of what "eating normally" involves, I shall continue to apply the Consolidation rules for the most part to keep a check on what I'm doing.

Just got back from meeting family, David and I shared a piece of carrot and walnut cake, definitely naughty but very nice. Good thing it is an UD.

When our cat got impossible about waking us we shut her downstairs overnight (she had a flap into the garden) - not an option in a flat unfortunately.

I think some of the D***n rules are very sensible, for instance if I'd always obeyed the single helping rule then I wouldn't have put on weight in the first place. I'm sure you'll find a lifestyle way of eating through this that suits you like JUDDD suits me, having 4 days a week where I don't have to consider restrictions is ideal for me. The only problem is cooking something which lasts 2 days so I then can't have any the next, but I've got used to that now. I'm surprised the sons stay compulsory, I'd have thought that the diet contains enough fibre now not to need them. Maybe the good doctor has shares in a bran company.

Your life seems to be constant holidays at the minute, does that mean you have to work through the summer or does the whole firm close in August?

mmm - date and walnut would be my choice, but lovely nonetheless!

I love having the cats on my bed at night! Admittedly we have a wider bed in the city than in the country, so they tend not to be as welcomed there... the one time I did try closing them out, when trying to have a little lie in one Sunday morning, they made more noise scrabbling trying to get in than if they were in. Downstairs would be an option, I guess, at the house with a closed door, but the litter tray would need to be moved etc etc. Our kitchen is open to the staircase unfortunately and is the main passageway downstairs in the house.

The "not going back for seconds" rule is a good one BUT has caused me an issue in the past, with pasta when I cooked too much, so simply plopped it all on our plates (think "PASTA MOUNTAIN"!!) and we ate the lot! Leftovers I simply freeze. I have to forget my upbringing and throw away excess pasta (or learn to guestimate quantities better!!).

The wheatgerm does indeed become voluntary in the Stabilisation phase, because of the increased fibre in one's diet, but the oatmeal (son d'avoine) has *magical properties* so he encourages us to keep using it. (I'll be censored if I say more, no doubt, so google it in French google...).

Offices never close here in August and I've never ever taken time off in August in my 22 years living here! Best time to stay in the city in my humble opinion!! I am clever with my taking of vacation, choosing to tag onto public holidays and (because of 35 hour week) extra days we get. I'll take a week in July and one in September also. This year May is exceptional with its holidays... if that 12 May one finally gets (re-)adopted, that'll give us five! So to take six days' vacation, I get 15 days at the house (with weekends!).

The doc has opened his own website apparently. I tried to join but there's a questionnaire when you try to join about what weight loss you want over what time etc so when I put my details in, it didn't accept me (too thin?!!!! there's a first!). I guess it'll be a money making exercise. ie join and pay for personalised advice!

Why is it so hard to know how much pasta to cook. I've been doing it for more years than I care to remember and still get it wrong. But I do throw out any excess, keep saying "I am not a dustbin". How lovely to be too thin, but a bit unfair that you can't join the website anyway. Perhaps you can email him and ask why, I'd have thought successful users of his diet should be welcomed.

We never take holidays in the middle of summer, no point in paying extra and suffering crowds when you don't have to. You get a lot more holidays than we do, although being self employed we can go away more or less when we like, just don't earn any money then.

I have to go and visit my mother this afternoon, it is her birthday. I was going to make her some apricot icecream (she adores them) but haven't had time, maybe this weekend so she will get an extra delayed gift. Also we have a wardrobe meeting, I am rather unprepared for this as I haven't made major decisions about what the show needs.

Morning,

Protein day for me today so "ingredients" rather than "meals" today to eat (prawns, scallops, chicken breasts, boiled egg for lunch; fillet steak and scrambled eggs for dinner... lovely!)

I hope your Mum had a nice birthday... apricot icecream, hmm... do you do that in an icecream maker? I must admit that I'm not very icecream oriented unless the weather is very hot! Rich eats it in the winter, by the fire... but somehow for me that doesn't work!

Gotta dash - have a good day!

I, on the other hand, have an UD today. Not sure what we'll be eating, it is nice not to have to plan it and just do what we feel like.

I haven't made apricot icecream before, I thought I'd use the nougat glace method as the basis so it will be italian meringue and whipped cream folded together with the apricot puree rippled through it. It makes a soft icecream which doesn't need stirring during freezing. It also leaves me with extra egg yolks for a creme brulee or something - that's not why I'm making it of course.

We have lovely sunshine today, very cheering.

You make it sound nice... just reading the words "whipped cream" made my tongue lick my lips (why can't we get decent cream here?! I get friends to bring me back double cream and I freeze it, but not the same as fresh stuff alas. Egg yolks? Want some? I never know what to do with mine! At the moment, we've naughtily been leaving the yolks in the morning muffins, as they're so nice with them in, but given my cholesterol levels I oughtn't to. I've been waiting for my doctor to write to me actually in reaction to my last blood test, but nothing... so perhaps not *that* high after all... I found all sorts of contradictory information on line, as usual; one website gave me credit for my advanced years and allowed me a little more cholesterol, making mine "normal". I guess I could take that one as gospel, and ignore the other nine sites...

Sunshine here too but still chilly... brrrr... window permanently ajar here, as officemate fresh air freak.

So "diet and consolidation" ends tonight... tomorrow Stabilisation for life. ho ho! Off to the house tomorrow evening too, so very much looking forward to that... I think my *girls* will be glad too as they do seem rather bored... chaos on the stairs tomorrow night, I'm sure!

Friday at last, and the baby blackbirds are ready to fly. I saw them perched precariously in the ivy this morning. So today we will have to keep an eye out for cats etc coming in to the garden to give the chicks a fighting chance. A big advantage is that they will now be able to drink so I won't have to keep buying live worms for them, it was getting expensive.

I always have loads of thing I like to make with egg yolks (egg custards, icecream, lemon tart, pate sucree/brisee), whites are the problem for me. It has always seemed strange to me that the French don't have double cream, a vital ingredient in my book. I think you can get an attachment for Kenwoods which make cream out of unsalted butter, I've never tried it as the butter is so expensive here. I've never had a cholesterol test so have no idea what mine is or should be, but I have heard it increases with age.

Are you excited at the move to stabilisation, or nervous that it might all go wrong? Have a great weekend, mine will be a mixture of set painting and stuff for myself, I'm determined to do some things for me this time.

Back