The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Hi all,

I had a bit of a mishap last night with a jar of pickled red cabbage. My pee may be pink soon but the ketostix won't. I saw you could have pickled cabbage on 790 plan but temptation got the better of me and I ate practically the whole jar. (I love vinegary things!) I really need to get menus planned and get organised. I can't seem to let myself be spontaneous around food. My belly was grumbling last night but so far no problems but as we have visiters from Canada tomorrow I am really hoping I have no embarrassing problems to come! Anyway don't feel to bad about it. I am considering this period of introducing foods to be a learning curve. I am prepared to take as long as it takes. I guess it will probably be forever. I am naturally a disorganised person so it's tricky.

Hope you are all doing better than me.

Dizzy x

Hello troops!! I am back home after a bit of a stressful morning and a slip!!

I was walking myself into Uni to see about this stupid presentation, I have to do it on Monday, but supposed to be prepared buy now!! So....was walking myself into town on the way to Uni and I heard and saw 2 people getting hit by a taxi. Horrible horrible noise. One of them was conscious, not the other one. Of course everyone went rushing up to them called an ambulance etc etc....but I was right there and stood in a daze. It was the daft peoples fault, they were right next to the crossing and it wasn't their turn to cross and they didn't look but still....not nice....all blood and on the road. I wasn't any use and I was late for my lecturer so off I went into Uni. Spent ages waiting for him to be available and spent 20 mins going through my presentation which we cut in half. (should really be modifying that just now.....but procrastinating) So that was good...feeling a bit calmer about that now. (got to bed about 2am btw....couldn't be doing an all nighter last night).

I prosponed my dissertation meeting till Monday which isn't really more time as I work on the weekend but it gives me a few extra hours. Decided to skip my lecture this afternoon, we have a hand out already and the lecturer just reads it word for word so I wandered home, picking up a first aid kit and some lipstick for halloween.

Suddenly felt awful sorry for myself and decided to buy some dried mango! great idea!! So that has now disappeared into my tummy. woops...citric acid and all that. So thats that and it's done and I'm not going to feel bad about it....there are worse things than eating dried mango aren't there?!!! erm......carbs? So....naughty blip, but carrying on like it didn't happen. Bought me 2 DJ Yoda albums (I really wanted Imogen Heap but stupid man in Virgin told me it wasn't out till Feb....totally lying. I can buy it on play .com now!!) so anyway....I am just putting them on my computer now.....happy days! DJ Yoda always makes me feel happy....I saw him live when I was in Freshers week in 1st year.

Jubbly - it's day 2 for my mum....she wouldn't take it without paying me for it! she's my mmmmuuuuumm, but she was ademant it is a business and she isn't expecting things for free. Guess thats me told. You don't argue with mum. Presentation will be fine....bu the evil thing is everyone evaluates it and then we are videoed and we watch it back.....all bad!! Good luck for the weigh in!! you'll be fine!

Dizzy - falling into all this food!! what are we like? I love vinegar stuff......yum....must not think of salt and vinegar anything....or pickled stuff....ah dear.

Right...I must go and do some more on this presentation so that it gets somewhere near up to scratch!

Toodles for now guys!!

Coley - what a horrid experience. Those poor people.

Dizzy - pickled red cabbage?! Whatever next! That's the first time I've heard of anyone OD'ing on something like that... haaaaa! (Sorry but that tickled me - particularly as you have guests coming, and fear the side effects!)

See how my plan, plan, plan again idea can work? If you *know* exactly what you're eating for the next meal, and only have those ingredients at your disposal, it makes things so much easier... and it has to be even more true when reintroducing food after a VLCD... it must be like being let loose in a shop after hours with everything available to you!

Poor people....hope the unconscious one is ok!! Red cabbage.....wasn't really reading properly before...hee hee...really could have been worse though eh??

Got a new flat!!! 2 mins from the one I'm in now but much nicer and no scary windows!! yey!! at least something is going right now! :D

Dizzy's guests can tell us tomorrow if "it could have been worse"!

<sorry but this red cabbage stuff really tickles me!>

Coley - good news about the flat. Hope it makes up for your otherwise stressful and rubbish sounding week.

Dried mango?? Pickled cabbage?? You strange people. Dizzy - hope your guests are still talking to you!!

I only lost a shockingly bad pound this week which is the only time I have lost less than 2lbs at WI. AND my waist measurement had gone UP by one and a half inches. Millions of reasons I can think why - not been glugging the water so much over the last couple of days, reintroducing too much food too quickly and TOTM (have been feeling PMTish and enotional for days on end now with no sign of the painters). WHY can't I get into the 9s, it's so irritating - have been stuck in the 10s for 6 weeks now. Going to be v,v, good this week - 'officially' up to 790 from today but not going to have any tikka powder on chicken, no extras and no going out for a meal, even if I am good (was going to go for an Indian tonight and have 'just' chicken tandoori but accept head is all in wrong place so must resist the delicious chicken).

Hi all, you're all going great guns:)... I love red cabbage .. and dried mango...so I must be in good company:):)

I've struggled through another week of eating and trying to lose.. it's a bloomin minefield!!!!! I'm supposed to be doing Cambridge 1000 but I'm eating more like 1500 - 2000 cals per day in CD packs and low carb food... it's sort of a CD /Atkins hybrid!!!!!:eek: What sort of example am I as CDC eh????:eek: The good news is that the scales are down another 2lbs today ( how tf did that happen!!??).. so I'm back into the 11's... still not back to my lowest but hoping to get back there real soon. I must make more of an effort this week:eek::eek::eek:

Keep up the fab work everyone... you're a great inspiration:D

love n stuff xxxx:)

Right last stone missioners!!! I feel we are slacking!!!

I haven't been on properly in days as have been tearing my hair out about my presentation which is now done!! and I kicked ass if I do say so myself and so does my lecturer so it must be right!!:D:D:D

Not holding out for the scales tomorrow because of norty Mango incident. oops! so shall not worry if tomorrow we have no change. Will just have to keep going and get this fecken stone off!!

Lots of lovely new clients tonight....all mine are absolutely lovely now since that one that annoyed me went. So it is happy days!! :D:D:D

My parents boiler has kaput for some unknown reason and my mate kirsty's as well!! luckily little old me has 3 extra heaters (muchos essential whilst on VCLD) so shall be giving one on loan to each of them!

I am sooooooo tired having been up half the night worrying and then going for dissertation meeting and then off to do this presentation and then rushing home to tidy before clients! been non-stop! So nightie night missioners....I will be back in the morning!!!

xx

I have planned to end this diet
I am at 11.1
I am going to start eating on 3 weeks from last sunday.
I should be close to 10 stone
and it will be time for me to stop.
my upper body is very thin.
I cant tell you how happy I am, thank you to everyone on this site and my LLC for all the love and support all the kind things people have said to me have help me so much. I could not of done it on my own.
XXXX Susan

10stonesize10 - great to hear that your target weight is now in sight...

You won't just be "stopping" though, will you? Isn't there a maintenance plan programmed for you?

When I first reached my initial target of 10 stone 7lbs (reached through healthy eating, not VLCD), I had a heck of a job staying stable. Although I had retrained my bad eating habits I thought, once I was "there" the temptations were everywhere. All the compliments I was receiving probably went to my head too and I lost the plot and kept gaining and relosing 7lbs, which isn't good!

So please think about the "after" stage more than I did to avoid this happening to you.

Coley - I love reading your posts and I hope that dreaded mango hasn't caused you any ill effects, weight wise. It was quite a long time ago now so ought to have "gone"!

10stonesize10 - great to hear that your target weight is now in sight...

You won't just be "stopping" though, will you? Isn't there a maintenance plan programmed for you?

When I first reached my initial target of 10 stone 7lbs (reached through healthy eating, not VLCD), I had a heck of a job staying stable. Although I had retrained my bad eating habits I thought, once I was "there" the temptations were everywhere. All the compliments I was receiving probably went to my head too and I lost the plot and kept gaining and relosing 7lbs, which isn't good!

So please think about the "after" stage more than I did to avoid this happening to you.

Coley - I love reading your posts and I hope that dreaded mango hasn't caused you any ill effects, weight wise. It was quite a long time ago now so ought to have "gone"!
I know this isnt going to stop..........
I have been spent alot of time reading ect planning how I am going to eat in the future
I plan to eat a GL life stlye for the rest of my life , It just works with my tastes and life style {I can live without all the foods that are bad for me} I will be thin for the rest of my life. and I will see the LL maintance program to the end of it , I have a great LLC who I will be friends with for the long term.
I am open to all ideas , but I think I am doing all the right things. X

Hi all,

Coley pleased you are keeping on top of your Uni work and enjoying the CDCing. You've been working so hard I'm glad the presentation was such a success. I bet the mango won't make any difference to the scales this week and your weigh in will be the icing on the cake this week!

10stonesize10 glad you are here with us on the last stone mission now and so close to your goal. We will all be happy to support you as your input will support and encourage us too.

Mandy I noticed the other day on the other thread that we are the same height and close in weight too. Your goal weight is lower than mine as you are small framed however just rechecked mine yesterday after realising my body fat % is pretty high and I'm small framed too. I may need to reduce my goal weight but as I am now exactly 1 stone from goal I will not do so yet! It will be great to meet you if I can get to the bootcamp.

Jubbly how are you doing now?

Maintainer thanks for keeping posting on this thread your input is really valuable.

Hi everyone hope we can all have a cracking week.

My face and pee are now back to normal colour after the pickled red cabbage incident and ribbing last week and I had good weightloss too last week. As I mentioned today I am one stone exactly from goal now. I have a trip to Berlin in one months time and I think it would be a bit much to expect to be at goal by then so I will set myself a mini challenge of 10lb off by then so that would be 10stone 11lb by 23rd November. I still haven't started exercising either please keep gently reminding me to do so.

My children are home for half term this week so better go give them a little attention.

Dizzy x

Wahhhhhhh!! My scales are stuck at 10st 13lbs! boo. Silly mango and week prior to TOTM so I'll blame that! Only thing is I shall be going out for my 21st next week (and halloween) and will be munching, which isn't a problem.....but drinking.......:eek:....now that is the worrying bit. Haven't drank since horrible pictures in the gallery. I'm not going to be drinking cause I feel like I have to drink, but because I want to. Just hope I don't put on!!

10st size 10 - great news about being close to goal....lets just try and make the last 3 weeks as good as all the other weeks we've been doing this for!:) good work at researching what you'll be doing, GL is good, if not a little confusing for me to get to grips with! Only just got the hang on GI!

Maintainer - how you doing? still keeping it off I take it? Do you drink? I'm a worried bunny!

MandyB2 - yup yup!! presentation was great....although have another one in 3 weeks. Great. How are you going? Mission getting any further along?

Dizzy - hello!! good news about the pee! ;) I think thats a pretty good target to aim for....if you get more, bonus!! and gold star for weightloss this week for you!! yey! Hope you have a nice time with your munchkins.....I'm sure they'll give you excercise this week!:D

Jubbly - where you be??? hrm?? :):)

Right....off to get dressed and wait for delivery and drink a shed load of water and do other awful exciting things!;)

Toodles for now!

re drinking...

When I started dieting, I cut out all booze straight away... I love my food and realised that I could eat more if I didn't have to "save" calories for alcohol. I started by drinking Gin + slimline tonic, to avoid comments from people, then dropped the gin! Now I just drink Diet Coke and say I'm driving!

Even now, at maintenance, on rare occasions I'll have a glass of something to be sociable (and I'm a really cheap date these days as it goes straight to my head!!), but still prefer to save my calories for a piece of chocolate cake.

As strict budgeters say: each pound can only be spent once... same goes for the calories. Some prefer to drink and eat less. Me? I'd go for the food every time!

Coley have you thought of mixing your drinks so that you throw it all up? LOL

I just want to apologise for that last very silly question!!!!
VERY VERY SORRY INDEED.

Ofcourse you had thought of that, your a student.

Dizzy x

Hi all,

Mandy I noticed the other day on the other thread that we are the same height and close in weight too. Your goal weight is lower than mine as you are small framed however just rechecked mine yesterday after realising my body fat % is pretty high and I'm small framed too. I may need to reduce my goal weight but as I am now exactly 1 stone from goal I will not do so yet! It will be great to meet you if I can get to the bootcamp.

Dizzy x

Hi Dizzy.. I noticed the similarity too.. I know my goal weight is low(maybe a little too low??!!) but I am measured at a small frame (on the wrist thingy!!).. I am very slim at the top now but have huge legs and thighs!!!!! I'm just so out of proportion!!!!!! My Body fat is at 25.5 at the mo .. so is rated at good although my BMI is still top end healthy at 24.8...
I am exercising more now.. at least every day on the execise bike to try and get some progress with the legs.. I am still eating to much though:eek::(... really need to buckle down!! I so want at least another stone off for Xmas!!!:eek:

Your goal for the holiday sounds very do-able.... what a great incentive:)

It'd be great to meet you at the Bootcamp too if you can make it:) fingers crossed eh??:)

xxxx:):D

Back