The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

oooh how I agree with you Claire... even when the kittens grow up, they're still so cute and will always be MY babies!

My trip round a HUGE (smelly, less than clean looking) authentic Chinese supermarket was excellent! I doubt I'll remember much, and couldn't buy anything fresh given the heat, but I have a smaller, cleaner version of same nearer home to return to once back on the old carbs full time...

We went to a restaurant serving thai/vietnamian food and I let her order for me. Although her order sounded very boring, trying to stick to the D***n PL theories, I really enjoyed everything and tried different things I never normally would have. One thing this low fat, low salt,(low everything) diet HAS done for me is that I now appreciate herbs, aromatic scents and even chilli far more than before...

As for those domestic duties, now that you're working, I hope Mr Claire's name figures in the housework rota... I know us females can multitask and make miracles happen, there are some houseworky things that men just do better... (vaccuuming comes to mind here!!!)

Two more evenings alone then back to the country to join my man and cats...

Sounds like you had a great time out, and learning more about Thai and Chinese cooking is ideal for weightloss, as far as I can see they don't use much fat or dairy and you can cut down on rice and noodles. I remember eating real food again when I had spent 4 weeks on Cambridge, the taste just exploded, and it was when I said no more pretend food diets for me.

It's going to hard to get David to do much around the house, he did hoover once the first week but there's been no sign of any activity since. I only work part-time so I'm back by 2.30 or earlier, I just get a bit peeved when he expects me to come home and start working in our business then do everything else. We'll have to have a rethink if I get taken on permanently. I can cope for now. Does Rich wield the cleaning tools much?

Have you got anything else planned for your solo evenings? I'm dancing tonight, and for a lot of the day on Sunday, so much better for me than relaxing and eating.

hi Claire - just one solo evening left (tonight) and hopefully a nice quiet one... last night I spent half the evening trying to fix the TV and computer - both with same cable operator, no signal - and the other half trying to get through to said cable operator!! Long story but turns out to be a problem in our sector, just my bad luck at having been the first to discover same!

I have a cleaner in the City, but not in the country of course... totally the wrong way round as in country have far less time as there less frequently so boy does the dust and dirt from renovations (past and present) accumulate! Also of course country place is 4 or 5 times the size of city place! Ah well!

R prepares all food during the week as home first! I wash and tidy up. He irons (week in city), me (weekend in country). Cleaner's wonderful... I'd happily cut down on anything to enable my budget to allow me one. Fabulous investment!

At the moment, I'm out of the house almost 12 hours a day (leaving early to walk further) so am quite happy to get a few quiet hours at home before bed... plus it's such a novelty to be there on my own, particularly without the cats, and I'm sorting, tidying and organising the interior of cupboards - very hard to do with two x curious noses poking their faces in!

Protein day today so scallops, prawns and mussels for lunch. It's a hard life... I do so enjoy this way of eating... numbers on the scales not great but hard to get overmotivated with my clothes fitting so well (my summer wardrobe must be more forgiving than my winter one!)... but next Monday both R and I are doing a couple of strict weeks... to get back to our goal weights. He's been eating bacon sarnies etc in my absence!

A bit of time to oneself can be a pleasure, I wouldn't want it all the time though. A cleaner does sound like an indulgence, my problem isn't so much the dirt as the tidying, neither of us is good at putting stuff away. It's nice that R does his share, I'm aiming towards something similar here, D did actually empty the dishwasher this morning which is a plus. Animals are no help when it comes to a tidy house, with all that fur, muddy footprints and fear of the hoover dogs are a major minus in the clean house stakes. Cats seem to have even more fur and can get just about anywhere.

It's good that you are happy with your WOE, that's the key to maintenance I think. I seem to be hovering around 9st7lbs and everything fitting comfortably except one pair of trousers which escaped the taking in process. Like you I want to be a bit lower before our holiday, but since we will only be gone for a week I am not too concerned, just rather do it before than afterwards.

Funnily enough but both R and I are manically tidy... he's an ex-soldier (which explains all!) and I hate tidying so prefer doing it as I go along rather than having to do it all in one go once a week!! Everything is perfectly in place before bed. Always. (Part of my compulsive behaviour no doubt!)

Dust however I could happily leave forever... dusting is such a futile exercise... up in the air it goes while you're there, then as soon as you turn your back, back down it comes! One of my cats is very white and both are fairly long haired... say no more! No muddy paws though as they're inside cats BUT both are fascinated by water and spend time in the sink and bath playing with water...

I agree with you re weight and "before holidays"... that way the "after holidays" will be less painful! Like you, I'm going for one week holidays henceforth! Far easier to rectify!!

It's going to hard to get David to do much around the house, he did hoover once the first week but there's been no sign of any activity since. I only work part-time so I'm back by 2.30 or earlier, I just get a bit peeved when he expects me to come home and start working in our business then do everything else.

Isnt that just typical - we run the house / work / do pretty much everything without word or expectation of comment and then a man does one thing and no doubt expects a fanfare and a team of cheerleaders to congratulate him :party0011::party0011:

Or is that just me and I'm becoming a cynic (spelling?)

That sounds about right, Tash...! What irritates me also is that traditional "male" jobs have a permanency about them. R is currently painting, decorating, changing a door, fixing new light switches and plug sockets etc. which I will dutifully admire (and praise!) when I arrive at the house tonight...

Over the weekend, I will clean, cook, launder, iron etc etc... I will be sure to seek MY praise thereafter!

Have good weekends both of you. You didn't mention weight or diet Tash so hope all is well... Claire, remind this poor old girl with no memory when you go on holiday?!

Tash you have hit it on the head, and you have kids as well who are usually totally unaware of the magic process which takes dirty clothes from their bedroom floor (or elsewhere) and returns them clean and ironed to thir cupboards. I think it is slowly getting through to D that I did do quite a lot in the business and now cannot do as much.

Joanne, that's another point I hadn't considered, although it is usually me who does the decorating around here. You should certainly have praise for cooking, D is quite good like that and always comments on meals. I'm off on hols next Friday so only just over a week to go, I so need this break.

I had a Friday 13th moment at work today, one of the programs on the remote server had a conflict with the printer, no idea why, apparently it is just something it does sometimes. This was when I was about to print a cheque run, and when I re-entered the printer settings and tried again it came up with an error message and general protection fault. I dutifully logged out, tried to log in and had access blocked. TUrned of the whole system, restarted and tried again. Still blocked. AAAARGH. Went to my immediate superior, he came in and saw it blocked, turned of and restarted just like I had and it worked. I was so cross! But quite relieved I hadn't done permanent damage.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Tash you have hit it on the head, and you have kids as well who are usually totally unaware of the magic process which takes dirty clothes from their bedroom floor (or elsewhere) and returns them clean and ironed to thir cupboards. But surely its the laundry fairies - thats what my kids (and OH) think anyway :D

Joanne, that's another point I hadn't considered, although it is usually me who does the decorating around here. Here too :sigh:

I had a Friday 13th moment at work today, one of the programs on the remote server had a conflict with the printer, no idea why, apparently it is just something it does sometimes. This was when I was about to print a cheque run, and when I re-entered the printer settings and tried again it came up with an error message and general protection fault. I dutifully logged out, tried to log in and had access blocked. TUrned of the whole system, restarted and tried again. Still blocked. AAAARGH. Went to my immediate superior, he came in and saw it blocked, turned of and restarted just like I had and it worked. I was so cross! But quite relieved I hadn't done permanent damage. I ALWAYS seem to manage to do this type of thing when I go out to clients premises - my well known for it and clients comment on it!!! Mostly I havent even touched the machine!

Hope you both had a great weekend

Over the weekend, I will clean, cook, launder, iron etc etc... I will be sure to seek MY praise thereafter! I hope you did!

Have good weekends both of you. You didn't mention weight or diet Tash so hope all is well... Claire, remind this poor old girl with no memory when you go on holiday?!

Things going quite well actually - dont want to tempt fate!! Showed 11/3.5 on the scales this morning however had a stressful day yesterday and ate virtually nothing so will probably be up tomorrow (my weigh day).

Hope you had a lovely weekend with your chap

Tashy - BRILLIANT WEIGHT! I'm interested in what your other half DOES do, mind you... ;)

Claire - isn't it infuriating when something doesn't work and the (highly trained, well paid) IT technie people just say to turn on and off and that does the trick!

I had a good weekend, despite the weather (and the football, haaaaa!), but another 500g on to join the other 2.5K taken on board of late, so I'm putting myself back on 4/3 alternance until the scales sing my song again... by that time, hopefully Amazon will have seen fit to mail me the book about compulsive eating which was recommended to me. I have to look at the old psychological side of my constanting pressing on the "SABOTAGE" button as soon as I get to my target! I don't think I have any skeletons hidden in my closet, but you never know! (don't think I want to find any, mind you!!).

So 3K to go for me, and 4.3K to go for R who is joining me voluntarily... he pigged out yesterday, while I nibbled on chicken and crabsticks, so he'll have a good first day's loss, I'm sure!

Sorry, been way to busy to post earlier, and I had to cycle to work because the car went to have its brakes done. I'm sure it's good for me, and I ought to do this every day, or maybe every other day as I sometimes need to stop at the supermarket on the way home. I hardly need to go on the roads at all as it is mostly cycle paths and a pleasant ride in the early morning.

Tashy, I've tried leaving laundry for the fairies and they never come - I'm sure they used to when I was little! It's really embarrassing when things go wrong at a client's premises, although my most embarrassing moment was when I lost a document while interviewing a client who was a magician, and I had to ask if he'd made it disappear (he hadn't and it turned up after a thorough search). Well done on the weightloss.

Joanne, what really annopyed me was that I had already tried turning it off and on again myself, and it didn't work. Then he did exactly the same and it worked for him. Sorry to hear your weight is creeping up, good thing you can jump on it quickly. I think we both have to face the fact that we are going to have to watch our weight for ever, sad but better than putting it all on again. I was a little up this morning too, although my official weight on Saturday was just under 9 and a half.

Gosh re cycling to work! How far is it?

I got off the metro one stop earlier than usual and took a longer walk along the Seine, past the boats, and past some monuments ;) Great walk and if ever the weather would improve, I'd be able to do it more often. I walk fast, so the exercise side of things is good, but it also puts me in far better a mood than travelling on an overheated metro with my nose under someone taller's armpit!

You're right Claire - I like this way of eating (unlimited protein!) because I'm greedy and the notion of being able to eat as much as I like of ANYTHING pleases me. The fact that protein fills you up so quickly that you actually don't eat *that* much is by the by...! Also, knowing I slip easily into ketosis makes the whole process so easy... no head ache, etc for me :) I feel good as soon as I start eating protein only... perhaps because I never eat many carbs, other than veggies, anyway...?

Enjoy the sun while we have it :) and if Romania play the game tonight, I could be mopping up some tears tomorrow!

Cycling is somewhere between 2 and 3 miles, not excessive at all, and all on the flat (what else in Norfolk). And it is nearly all on cycle paths. Today I took the car, needed to get some things on the market on the way in and don't have a way of taking big bags on the bike. Walking in the open air is much nicer than stuffy public transport, weather permitting.

Work was hectic today and I had to stay later than usual. On the plus side I should get away earlier on Friday to make up for it. I ought to be getting on with work here at home too but really don't feel like it. I am aching from dancing on Sunday and yesterday, and haven't gone down in weight either which is a bit annoying with all the exercise I've had.

We seem to be total opposites on dieting, I went through hell getting into ketosis, nothing woiuld induce me to do that again. Protein is fine with other things, but given the choice it's what I would give up first of any of the food types.

Only three days till we go on holiday, I can't wait, it seems ages since I had any time away from home. D has just gone to get his car aircon fixed, the last of the major things to be organised, not counting packing. I've started mine since I get carried away if I don't plan carefully.

2 to 3 miles is plenty for me... I'm not good on a bike! The gears completely fox me!

My late Mum used to always say to me after a bad weigh in despite being "good", well just think what you'd have GAINED had you NOT been good! (Sometimes works!)

I'm a real carnivore, and adore salmon, prawns, sea food etc., so tell me I can eat as much of (lean) steak, etc that I like, and I'll happily snuffle in my nose bag! I've even grown to appreciate fromage blanc 0%. The muffins I adore. In fact, I ought to just stay on the diet part of this plan forever... with the odd binge? There's a thought! (as if it had never occurred to me before!!!!)

3 days until holiday! How exciting. Beautiful weather here today. What is the advance forecast like where you're going? Ironically we need to get our aircon sorted too in July - working very poorly, yet apparently has some of the gel stuff in it, just not enough; did anyone tell me we had to get it checked? did any MAN at garage who has always done its services ON TIME ever mention it? GRRR!

I always get carried away with packing, Claire... much to R's horror. Just hide a few extra bagfuls of clothes under the seats when he's not looking. "you never know" ;*)

Tash???

I'm getting used to the gears, I only use about 3 of them. Today was too grey and windy for cycling, it is definitely a fair weather activity. The forecast is pretty warm, low 20s, with some rain possible the first weekend, and mostly fine thereafter. How often is the forecast right, I shall take a mac anyway, but maybe not full waterproofs. I've been quite good on packing clothes, it's shoes which are the problem! Since we won't be camping there should be more space for luggage, that's my theory.

The aircon is now regassed and decidedly chilly, so all good on that front, plusit was about half what it cost last time. I don't know anything about gel, didn't even know there was any! Hope it isn't too expensive to get fixed.

Maybe you could do 2-3 days of "diet" per week like I do and eat freely the other days. Sounds like you'd be happy to do it. It would be better than dieting nearly all the time, I'd be worried that a very protein based diet would be unhealthy longterm. I haven't made muffins for a while, my current breakfast fad is oat pancakes (US style, rather like dropped scones).

Weight still unchanged, I'm not going to worry about it now, just panic when I get back from holiday. You've dropped already I see.

Would that be just the three gears on each handlebar? In which combination?! Far too complicated for my little brain so I just do what I feel best at the time, and often my little legs and whizzing round twice as fast as R's! Also I get saddle sore...

Aircon - I said "gel" but I think the man said "liquid" which they then convert into a "gas"... or perhaps the reverse... (I'm such a GIRL when it comes to anything related to the car! Saves me getting my hands dirty!)

Yes I'm sure I'll return to my previous stabilisation plan (5 days diet, 2 days free) once I get where I want to be and reintroduce the carbs. I hate not having fruit but could otherwise eat quite happily this way weekdays no problem. I've been dieting for so many years, I know no different...

BUT, I have bought a book which was recommended to me by a lady with the same eating disorder as me who went through therapy... I've put it on my book shelf for now, figuring it pretty futile to read such a thing at a time when I'm eating this way (and it's "eat as much as you like" of so many things...). I knew I needed the numbers to be friendly before delving into my psyche...

I really hope you have a lovely holiday Claire, in case our posts cross...

Down a pound this morning, here's hoping I can start the holiday with a clean slate. I expect to gain a pound or two but hopefully not too much. Unlike you Joanne I am a devotee of patisserie. I didn't manage to get on here until late in the day, the idea of taking on the new job wasn't that I'd have to start work again as soon as I got home but that is how things are at the minute. For some reason business has got very busy, and there are a lot of things D can't or won't do.

The gears are on one side, go from 1-6 but I just start in 3 and go up to 6 depending on what feels right. When I first tried the bike it made me very sore but I am getting used to it, plus I have a comfy saddle with added gel cover. Still wouldn't fancy 10 miles on it.

I'll be interested to hear what the book has to say, the theory of dieting has always interested me. I read "Beyond Chocolate" which took a different approach based on listening to your body, but my life just can't accommodate that.

I must get back to my packing lists, I'm just about there now but must write a list of what still needs to be done, mostly boring stuff like computer back-ups.

The bikes we bought have (I think) six gears on either handle bar, and then there are the interim settings too... darned silly! I used to spend hours happily cycling around as a child without a single gear! And they call that "progress" I suppose! aaah re gel cover. I expect I need one of those then... given that it's SUCH a joy to climb upon, a bouncy gel cover could ONLY help!

Patisserie leastwise French patisserie is not my thing, no... but show me a Sainsbury's fresh cream slice (or ten) and I'm lost!

I can see that David is going to have to adjust his "habits" somewhat after your holiday... You can't be expected to do all you did before PLUS the job...

Take care and have a great holiday! Hope all's well Tash! RV back here in I think it's one week?

Hi, yes one week only this time. I managed to get off work on time, and nearly got everything done that they wanted, it isn't my fault if the previous girl had said the EC forms were all ready to send in when there was actually data missing. I've done what I can anyway, and will finish things off when I return.

I didn't have bike gears as a child either, they are a lot of faffing about. I bought my gel cover from Lidl very cheaply, it is a big improvement. It is nice to be able to go for a cycle ride in the countryside, I can't go all that far yet though, about 5 miles is as much as I've done.

We leave early this evening and will stay near Boulogne on our way down to Normandy. I am so looking forwards to a break from everything here, it will be lovely to just relax somewhere different.
Hope you have a good week/weekends, speak to you on my return.

Back