The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Morning, and hope you're not too too busy Claire... how are you getting on with "job sharing" at home a little with your hubby? Hope he's getting the message!

All's well with me. Weight loss stalled somewhat, even a slight increase this morning, but because I know I've followed the plan and am in ketosis, I'm not (too!) worried... I think I panic far too easily and have been turning my thoughts to keeping off the VLCD type approach when I get back from holiday IF the worst comes to the worst! We'll see...

Just one more day until I leave here tomorrow lunchtime to head for the country. The weather isn't going to be fabulous, but I won't care...

x

Hi, sorry I have been MIA, the extra hours and concentration on the training have left me too exhausted for much posting. All done now, and a verging on normal day ahead tomorrow, although a lot of catching up to be done. The new system is quite detailed, but they have left us a play version so we can mess around and see what happens before doing the real one.

The diet has gone completely out of the window, yesterday should have been a down day but involved company lunch and then a take away as I was way too tired to even think about cooking. So the scales are going to be soaring skywards, time to think about that at the weekend. Good to hear yours responded well to the new batteries!

It must be nice to think of getting "away" for the weekend, are your veggies making progress? We have had some artichokes already, but they were planted last year so are big plants. The rest are coming on but much later this year.

Nothing said on the domestic job share yet, he has been very busy with work too. I did show him how to run the dishwasher this morning, and he had unloaded it before I got home which is a plus. Whether I'll ever find anything again is another matter.

Have a great weekend if I don't get on here before you go.

Hi Claire and I understand perfectly how busy you are... it all takes a lot of organising I know...

We don't have a dishwasher (in either home), so it's very much something we keep on top off straight after a meal. I've always found that dishwashers drag out the whole process somewhat and no one ever wants to unload it in the morning!

I'm actually off to the house for ten days... I'll let you know how the veggies are doing on my return. The last time we were there, we picked four small beetroots for our weekend's salads (and the neighbour commented that we'd not let grow large enough! errr we like little sweet veggies!). We're hopeful that some spring onions might be ready, and maybe green beans?

The weather unfortunately hasn't been great since we planted, so I'll not be surprised to have a longer shopping list at the veg/salad counter than foreseen!

I hope our respective scales remain our friends... you know me and holidays!
x

Hope you are having a lovely holiday Joanne. I got ahead with the baking and made muffins for the DDs this week, all baked into a singel loaf and sliced. I'm going to get things under control this week and shake off the holiday gain.

This morning I was 9st 10lbs, three pounds over my goal. Considering it is after a weekend that is not too bad I suppose. I've managed very well so far today, only just having lunch and it is 4.00, I was late back from work and we had to take the dog to the vets and then to the park. I was good and cycled to work plus I have dance class this evening so the exercise side of things is looking good too.

It has been a busy week, unfortunately the weather has been bad so no more cycling. Weight at 9st9.25 this morning after an UD, so might be losing a bit. I haven't been as strict as I might either so any loss is pleasing.

Joanne, I hope you haven't gained during your country week, and have still enjoyed the break. I'd love to plan another holiday but until I find out what is happening at work I can't make any decisions. The agency think I might hear next week, not counting chickens though.

I'm working extra hours this week to cover for holidays so I'll be a bit erratic in my visits for the next couple of days. Hope you had a lovely holiday Joanne, and that the scales have behaved. I haven't gained anything over the weekend apparently, still a couple of pounds over target though. I'm not really feeling driven about it, once I'm on normal hours again I'll try a bit harder.

I was very good and cycled in this morning, it is supposed to be fine this week so the bike should get a lot of work. I think it is getting easier so I must be improving my fitness a bit. To start with I think I was relying on the strength in my legs, now I am working more cardio-vascularly.

I need to get a bit of housework done during the week, my SIL is coming to stay this weekend so at the very least I must clean and tidy the spare room - it becomes a dumping ground for all sorts of things.

Hello Claire, and you are good to keep posting when you're on your own (so to speak... we never know how many people out there are rivetted to our conversations, eh?!)...

So back from holiday with (wait for it...) a 800g gain! I am very proud of myself and even if I had to refuse more treats than I normally would have chosen to, I knew it was the "safest" way to keep myself on the straight and narrow.

I stayed in ketosis right up to the 14th July village meal, but then did something really silly... accepted every glass of aperitif/wine/cremant/digestive offered to me, swallowed every crisp on the table, finished off the contents of the bread basket... oink oink (ok all this was done in a remarkably ladylike fashion, but I was ashamed at how much I put away... and my "legs" were certainly surprised when I stood up and my head spun! I'm normally teetotal!)

I had planned a pure protein day to follow, which I managed easily, and then continued the week "normally" (incorporating pork, ham and lamb - previously "banned meats"!), but staying away from carbs. Sunday we had planned our second gala meal so I allowed myself some (marinated in Chinese BBQ powder) thick greasy ribs - delicious! And 1/3 packet of English biscuits for dessert (I just fancied them, and R had been munching on biscuits all week in front of me...).

So I shall continue out of ketosis, and try to get a kilo or two off nevertheless. R gained 4.5K, which pleased me (how horrid am I?!) as he did keep trying to trip me up with temptation but 1.5K has already gone so he'll be rid of that soon, I'm sure...

Tash?
x

Hi Joanne, sounds like you had a good holiday, and well done on keeping to a tiny gain. Did the villagers notice you were a bit squiffy? Good thing you pigged on the crisps and bread to soak the alcohol up a bit. It's definitely time to leave the ketosis behind and live in the real world, it's always there as a fallback.

My weight is staying around the same no matter what, the next couple of DDs need to be a lot further down I think. This weekend will be risky foodwise as we have visitors so cutting down beforehand will help. I've been good on the cycling, not sure if I'll keep it up all week but I'm willing to give it a try. Tomorrow I'll be back to normal hours and need to go and buy a zip for the jacket I'm making. It has been a total nightmare to fit, makes me think I must be deformed.

I don't suppose anyone noticed I was feeling decidedly unsteady on my feet, leastwise if they did they were too polite to mention it (or too squiffy themselves to notice!!!). It's true that the wonderful euphoric state of ketosis is a nice memory, but hardly "real life", and my kidneys and other organs will doubtlessly thank me for the change!

Visitors for the whole weekend is certainly hard work when you work all week... let's hope someone comes to help you in the kitchen! I would, but so many just sit and wait for their meals. I've even heard from friends that some people who come to stay, because they live in a holiday area, seem to consider themselves "on holiday" while at their house! Charming! Do you plan meals in advance?

I must admit that I'm not a natural hostess, and I find it all very stressful and hard work... our family decided to have a different Christmas this coming year and all do our own thing, which suits me perfectly as R and I seemed to spend so much of our holiday either in the supermarket or in the kitchen last year! Then, believe it or not, my sister has asked whether she (vegetarian) and her husband can come to US in the country this Christmas... err NOOOO. I'm having a year off too! I politely (I hope) told her that they'd be welcome at any time of the year EXCEPT Christmas! That we were having a quiet turkey meal and eating leftovers all week - guaranteed to put her off as a vegetarian!!!

Putting a zip in? Gosh - I remember doing that at school! Nightmare stuff!

Hi Joanne, I can't believe the cheek of your sister, good for you for holding out. I'm quite happy to cook, and I don't like people helping in the kitchen - they can load the dishwasher but that's it. I do need to plan menus, just to get the shopping done, when you are used to being just two it is a big change even just having one more person. It is dawning on me how much less time I have, apparently Anne is coming at lunchtime on Friday, she may arrive before I get home (finish at 12.30 on Fridays). So I only have this afternoon and evening to get everything done.

I'd better dash off to work, maybe get back later depending on stuff. Have a good day.

I really am an ungracious hostess... I'm very happy cooking for two, even if I often make the dish for four or six and freeze. I also like doing what I want to do! I think it's a luxury that us childless couples have become accustomed to. I get up when I like, go out early, HATE waiting for others to get up to be able to eat/go out etc. I'm just purely and simply - SELFISH!! and quite happy to be so.

I've been up since 5am because my one year old kitten got her foot stuck in the hinges of our bedroom door and woke us SCREAMING... it took a good (oh so long) two minutes to free her, as she was panicking and wriggling and the door had to be pushed against her body to release her little foot and she managed to snag a vein on R's arm who bled profusely. (Think of a chainsaw massacre, and that's how my flat looked.) I'm afraid I was totally useless, and froze, although I admit to showing my relief when told it was R bleeding and not the little one whose white fur is covered in (now dried) blood...

Anyway both are fine... and sleeping it off... while I work.

Obviously I forgot to get on the scales this morning after all that! Half day tomorrow (again) so mightn't get to post in the morning... if I don't, speak Monday and hope things go ok with your sister... at least the weather is beautiful and you can maybe BBQ?
x

Oooh your poor little kitten, they do get into scrapes, lucky she didn't take any harm. Hope that scratch heals cleanly, cat claws can be very infectious. Not what you need in the early hours, hope you get an easy evening tonight.

I've been cooking and cleaning since I got home, I've left the upstairs hoovering for David. A quick blitz of the bathroom and some dusting of the living room should see me finished. And a shopping list for the morning. My SIL is arriving for lunch tomorrow, no big deal there as we have plenty of homemade bread in the freezer. Menus are planned, I've baked a cake and made pancakes for a seafood mille crepes, and I have various homemade icecreams already prepared. Diets will have to go by the board, I'm getting nervous that my weight is creeping up, so Monday must herald a new start. How often have I said that?

Have a lovely weekend, are you staying in the city? We are promised nice weather for a change so I'm hoping to get the garden furniture out and enjoy being outside. So long as the neighbours kids keep quiet it should be very pleasant.

Morning!
Kitten's paw still a bit swollen but she's long forgotten it, although I doubt I'll ever quite forget the sound of that blood curdling scream! R made door wedge jams this weekend, being forbidden to do any other DIY by yours truly, so all doors are wedged open now in the flat so no room for little curious paws to insert themselves into slots!

R on the other hand has some twelve puncture marks, and a bruise running from his wrist to his elbow (under side) where the little one must have caught the vein... incredible colours! He refused to go to A&E, see a doctor or even accompany me to the chemist, so he's very lucky nothing went septic. I gave up in the end.

Our weekend was in the country, and very nice too with our veg plot producing a tonne of beans the right weekend for us! Last year I blanched and froze extras, but wasn't keen, so this year I'm giving extras away! I smiled at your "neighbours kids" comment as I have trouble putting up with the kids over the street playing ball endlessly. The bong bong is one thing when it goes on endlessly on the cement courtyard, but when it hits the metal barn door, GRRRR! and the squeals of excitement and shouts among the kids drive me mad! I wasn't allowed to make that racket as a kid!! haaaaa!

(poor Tash, won't want to talk to us any more... TASH?!!)

Hope all went well with your sister. An Ok food weekend for me, behaviour wise, but I had treats so staying off the scale until tomorrow

Hi Folks - (she creeps back quietlyinto the room :eek:)

Have been having a few marital problems and havent had much to say for myself. Things hopefully getting better now though!

Weight wise has been very good - have been maintaining at around 11/4 until I get motivated to lose another half stone. However this week has been a nightmare - have put on 4lbs :eek: and I know that its not from calories as I monitor my food every day. Have done nothing different from the last few weeks and can only put it down to fluid.

Its bad enough when you know you've been bad - but when you havent - its just downright rude!!!! Feel so sluggish and very bloated.

Kids have been away for the week with their Dad in Ireland so hopefully they've had a fab time. I've been working full time whilst they've been away and cant wait for them to come back.

Hope your cat is better Joanne. I have 2 cats and we are having our kitchen changed at the moment - they hate it!! So neurotic and clingy!!! Bless!

Last evening by myself tonight so will make the most of it - last of the glorious weather too apparently for a while.

Hope you are both well

Tash

hi fitforuni,

I lost my weight on my own really following a plan I devised based on all the trillions of diet plans I'd followed and failed at previously!

I ate a lot of chicken, vegetables and salads, and few if any towards the end starches...

I wasn't doing a VLCD though so lost at a "normal" pace, so it took me 1 year 9 months to lose my 11 stone...

Do you need some help getting started?

Tash - very pleased to see you with us again. Inexplicable weight increases are very annoying, particularly when unmerited, but perhaps you're retaining water in the heat? Watch your salt intake and drink lots of water! Ironic, but true...

Glad things seem better now... maintaining your weight loss is great... I always say that dieting is easy; maintaining far more difficult.

Take care and if ever you want to talk / rant or whatever, you know where we are...

Hope they're not working you too hard Claire...

Hi folks
Sorry I've been MIA, the weekend was taken up with visitors and cooking (and eating I'm afraid) and today I have had to work a full day. I've been offered the job on a permanent basis and accepted, it will still be part-time though. We have a lot of extra work on at the moment, implementing a new computer system, so it is inevitable there wil be more hours involved.

My weight has shot up after the weekend, did binge rather I'm afraid. DD today, and tomorrow will be a low UD. I am still cycling to work and back, this seems to have no effect on weight loss but must help my fitness.

Joanne, poor R, what a lot of damage caused by one tiny kitten, he's probabaly too embarassed to show the doctor. Glad to hear kitty is OK (and R of course). It's good to know I'm not the only one who gets crabby about noisy kids. They weren't too bad this weekend (apart from shrieks at 6.30 on Sunday morning), it was the Lithuanians who caused problems. Smelly barbecue, singing (badly) outside until the small hours, letting off fireworks, talking loudly in the street at 1.30am and again at 6.30am. I was terminally exhausted by Sunday night. Other than that we had a good weekend.

Tash, good to see you back, sorry to hear you've had a rough patch. It will be lovely to see the kids again, are you going on holiday soon? Undeserved gains are very unfair, ut usually leave quickly, mine are deserved unfortunately.

I'd better dash to the supermarket before it closes, I couldn't keep up this full time malarkey for long! I'll try to pop in tomorrow, I might be late though.

Work days have got back to normal length, that just means I don't get everything finished! But since the idea of having finished everything that needs doing is patently ludicrous it has ceased to worry me too much. Good news of the day is that my car passed its MOT with nothing needing doing, huzzah! Bad news is that I have to go to the dentist tomorrow.

Scales not too bad, UD yesterday and this morning I was 9st10lbs so only three pounds over and hopefully less by tomorrow, I'll keep plodding away at it.

How are things with you Joanne? And you Tash, are the kids home?

Yay!!! Always a good feeling when you just get the bill for the MOT without the usual £350 add-on!!

We missed an appointment 2 weeks ago at the dentist and I still havent managed to build up the confidence to call and rearrange - dentist receptionists always seem so severe!!! (Sorry to any lovely dental receptionists reading!)

Good news on the scales!

Yep kids are back and they had a wonderful time - lovely to have them home.

Got lots of building work going on at the moment being carried out (managed) by their Dad. Its weird - spent most of our married life arguing about his constant DIY and now I'm paying him!!!! (mates rates of course!) Some sort of irony there! New kitchen, new patio and some hard landscaping and a wall being knocked down to make the kitchen bigger :eek::eek:

My poor nerves! :D

Back