The learn to love yourself thread

Just found this thread - what a great idea :)

I could do with focussing on what I like about myself for a change.....hope you don't mind if I join u...

Things I like about myself (better add 2...)
1) i am thoughtful
2) i like helping others

What do I like about myself?

Dear BFM... this is a lovely thought, bless you.. and also this is something I would never do.... so... thank you.... time to see the positives for a change! :)

As you have said it's 3 weeks... I shall try and summon up 3 in a go...

I like that I ...

1. am compassionate
2. am loving
3. am a good mother

I love being my height, 5ft 9in. It's the perfect height to me!

Dizzy x

2nd thing I love about myself is I have nice hands with long fingers and strong nails that grow naturally into a nice shape.

It's strange to do this but is good to look at all our positives.

Dizzy x

Last edited:
the thing i love about myself is that iam a friend for life not just fairweather.

Erm.....the first thing I love about myself is that I can respond with witty one-liners (sometimes).

Er - the second thing I love about myself is that I'm still a size 12, despite letting my eating get out of control recently, and have managed to regain my focus to lose the extra lbs.

The thing I love about myself is my ability to attract and keep some of the most wonderful people alive into my life :)

Just found this thread - what a wonderful idea .... and on reading through it was easy to add in my head to people "I know" on here ... you are - whatever the comment I felt appropriate. (Does that make sense??!!!)

Mmmmm ....... so to me ........
1. people come to me with their problems - either to offload and I listen, or practically I try to help.
2. I flirt!!!! Makes no difference whether he's a gorgeous hunk(well that's what I tell my OH!!!), a spotty checkout lad, or a pensioner in the Post Office .... if he has a sparkle, that something about him .... I'll flirt!!! and it usually makes their day!!!

Here goes week 3 for me....

I love that I have nice hands with long fingers and strong nails that grow naturally into a nice shape.

I love that I am very understanding of others.

...still adding

Dizzy x

Okay... so now on week 7 I have a little updating to do to catch up with the weeks

Things to love about myself:

1) That I am an extremely compassionate person
2) That I have far more determination than I realised
3) I love that I am still doing this diet :)
4) I make people laugh (a lot) :D
5) I have a contageous smile :)
6) I am ambitious
7) I am shrinking by the day :eek:

Thought I'd try and catch up with all the threads I normally post on - and came across this one again .... mmmmmmmmmm not really sure what I love about myself this week, as feeling a little down in the dumps today - but I'll say "my eyes" - as everyone always comments on how nice they are! Too negative about myself to think about loving the rest of me this week - maybe better luck next week??!

Haven't added to this for a while here goes....

I love that I have nice hands with long fingers and strong nails that grow naturally into a nice shape.

I love that I get such a kick out of making things.

...still adding

Dizzy x

WOW! what a great thread! ive some catching up to do tho so here goes:

1. i love that i am a nice person
  2. i love that i am feeling a lot better physically
  3. i love my face
  4. i love my hair (just now!)
  5. i love that im a good mum
  6. i love that im feeling so positive about cd
  7. i love the feeling of taking control over of my diet, finally!

Here's a couple more as promised Kazz

I love that I love my own company, but also love being in the company of others too.

I love being brunette with dirty blue eyes and pale skin

...still adding

Dizzy x

Feel like I need to do another couple of these:

I love that I love my own company, but also love being in the company of others too.

I love being brunette with dirty blue eyes and pale skin.

I love that my body is evenly proportioned.

I love that my main motivation in life isn't money.

...still adding. Tricky to think of 2 this evening but felt I wanted to.

Dizzy x

Back