Total Solution The Miss Mac Diary! Operation Egypt!!!

Hi Miss Mac,
Just wanted to say I'm so glad you shared your story of your weekend 'off'. Just goes to show if you set your limits before hand and are prepared for the possible cravings next day then you can be in control.
I've been worrying about an upcoming trip to visit my family which will inevitably involve one or more nights out - now you've given me a strategy!
Thank you sooooo much!

Hi Miss Mac,
Just wanted to say I'm so glad you shared your story of your weekend 'off'. Just goes to show if you set your limits before hand and are prepared for the possible cravings next day then you can be in control.
I've been worrying about an upcoming trip to visit my family which will inevitably involve one or more nights out - now you've given me a strategy!
Thank you sooooo much!

You are very welcome. I am on such a learning curve with all this as I am really hoping to make some changes for life. This weekend taught me that I can eat, but it is best to plan what I am going to eat. Oh sure I really could have had a blow out, but I really didnt want to, I feel like the diet is doing its half of the job so its only fair that I do mine!!

I am pleased you think my story might help you and I wish you luck at your family get together....im sure you will do just fine!!..x

Week 5 day 2

Had an early finish from work today, picked my son up from school and he chose KFC again!! I sooo want one of their new meals!! Managed to resist though somehow eventhough I felt quite hungry.
Still felt like I wanted to eat this afternoon too, not really sure why to be honest, hunger, cravings or just coz I want to? Hmmm not sure.

Checked the ketosis sticks this morning and I am very slightly in it with the sticks showing traces so hopefully once I am fully back in that, these feelings to eat will subside a little.

Have got a bit of a tingling in my throat going on at the minute (feels like the start of a cold or something). Hopefully it wont turn into anything!:(

Really just trying to focus at the minute, trying to get through to weigh in day. Not sure what to expect so will be getting on those scales with some trepidation come Sunday. Hopefully the aam weekend will not have caused too much damage!!:eek:

You've done really well managing the weekend and getting back on track, it's great. I hope ketosis gets stronger tomorrow for you and that the cravings die again... And fingers crosses for a nice loss to show on Sunday:)

You've done really well managing the weekend and getting back on track, it's great. I hope ketosis gets stronger tomorrow for you and that the cravings die again... And fingers crosses for a nice loss to show on Sunday:)

Aww thanks Cybill. I am hoping ketosis kicks in tomorrow too. Think I have been lucky this time and have managed to escape the headaches, or maybe thats because I didnt have carb withdrawal...hmmm. :confused:

Hey well done on resisting the KFC. Now that's what I call willpower. It's my favourite meal and there's absolutely no way I could resist it. Well done. I'm gonna carry on reading your diary to get me past hunger x

Hey well done on resisting the KFC. Now that's what I call willpower. It's my favourite meal and there's absolutely no way I could resist it. Well done. I'm gonna carry on reading your diary to get me past hunger x

Thanks chick x

Week 5 day 3

Checked ketosticks this morning and they were showing pink....great I thought, however, I think I have the start of a cold and have had a sore throat all day so had some soothers to ease it a little, and lo and behold it seems to have knocked me right back out of it again!! Im not too fussed though to be honest as I know you dont have to be in ketosis to lose weight and I havent felt hungry today either!!
Oh and I am not declaring the soothers as a cheat as they were for medicinal purposes.:p

Seem to have done fine today apart from that, dont know if its just because I feel a little run down with this cold, but not thought about food really at all today. People in my work had chocolate eclairs today too and they didnt bother me 1 little bit!!

Roll on the weekend....a) to have a lush lie in, b) so I can weigh in to see what the damage is and c) because I think I will really struggle after eating last weekend and sticking to protein only. My brain will think, well if I did it last weekend, then I can do it again!! So not looking forward to that bit.

I am determind to stay off the scales all of this week until official weigh in on Sunday, just so I dont see any fluctuations from aam at the weekend. Seeing a gain might just make me think 'sod it', so I am resisting. But I have to say it is quite hard. I am not a daily weigher but I do like to check every couple of days or so to make sure I am heading in the right direction and find this generally quite motivating. So will be pleased when I am back to normal next week and I can do this again!!:)

week 5 day 4

Done ok again today but feeling a bit hungry now so will have a bit of my bar and a coffee I think. I have been thinking about food a lot today though. I think I enjoyed my kebab so much at the weekend that I keep thinking about it and having another one!!
That is part of my problem with food though, I cant seem just to have 1 thing and enjoy it, I always have to have more one way or another. I need to learn how to control my cravings. For example if i wasnt on this diet, I could quite easily have had that kebab every night this week because I enjoyed it on Saturday night. What I need to do is realise this type of food should be a treat that chould be saved for once a month or even once a fortnight. That way, I stay in control of my weight and make healthier choices. I am the same with other foods too. I wont just go and buy 1 sandwich, I will often buy 2, eventhough the first one will fill me and satisfy my hunger, because I enjoy it, I know I will 'want' another one just because it was so nice and not because I am still hungry.
I dont know if this will make sense to anyone else, but I am just writing down my thought processes as I continue on this diet in order to try and identify my problems with food and hopefully come up with solutions also to help keep me on track when I reach goal weight!!

Anyway, in my head I have told myself that I can eat on Sunday after weigh in and definitely not before as I need to know how my body is going to react to the aam weekend I had and I wont know the true extent if I eat before then. Lets just hope my head listens to what I am trying to tell it!!:)

Well I now have a full on cold. My head is thick and muggy, I feel as weak as a kitten and my nose is running like a tap, not to mention, I think I should be in the guinness book of records for sneezing....although I quite like sneezing so I dont mind!!:p

Still feel hungry which is sods law, but cant actually be bothered to eat! I know I need to though so im gonna summon up the energy to go and make some soup in a minute. Soup would normally be lovely when im poorly but Im not loving the Exante soups to be honest, more of a have to than a want to!!!:(

Wish it would hurry up and be Sunday, this not peeking at the scales is really hard, dont know how people can do it as I find it really motivating so struggling this week with not being able to!

I dont know if this will make sense to anyone else, but I am just writing down my thought processes as I continue on this diet in order to try and identify my problems with food and hopefully come up with solutions also to help keep me on track when I reach goal weight!!

Unfortunately it makes perfect sense to me :(
I really struggle with portion control, which is a big part of my problem.
And it doesn't matter what it is. If I am in the mood for something, I just keep eating it until I dont want it anymore, and move onto something else.
I have seen a very large box of frosties or crunchie nut cornflakes last me 2/3 days. I just keep eating them until they are done, whether I am hungry or not.
:(

Hope your cold doesn't floor you too much Miss Mac
Take care
Marge x
:)

Its not good is it? I know this might sound horrible, but Im pleased its not just me!!

Why do we do it? Why cant we just eat what we want and then stop? Why do we feel the need to eat, then eat some more, then some more again? I think its partly to do with having an addictive personality. Its not just with food for me, it was smoking too. I quit 2 years ago, but I know if I just even had 1 puff off a cigarette, even now after all this time, I would be straight back on 20 a day.

It wouldnt be so bad if I could say that I was hungry, but most times its not hunger its pure greed!
Oh well, hopefully this time I will work through it all and come out the other end a stronger, slimmer person!!

Feel better soon, Hun!!

Oh and the kebab? :drool: will have to change into my PJs so that I don't go and get one :eek:

xxx

Its not good is it? I know this might sound horrible, but Im pleased its not just me!!

Why do we do it? Why cant we just eat what we want and then stop? Why do we feel the need to eat, then eat some more, then some more again? I think its partly to do with having an addictive personality. Its not just with food for me, it was smoking too. I quit 2 years ago, but I know if I just even had 1 puff off a cigarette, even now after all this time, I would be straight back on 20 a day.

It wouldnt be so bad if I could say that I was hungry, but most times its not hunger its pure greed!

Spoooooky Maloooky !!
If you had written that you had given up smoking 7 and a half years ago, I would have thought that was a post I had written myself :eek:
And even after that amount of time, if I were to have one now, I would be smoking full time :eek:

The point is though, you dont have to smoke to live, but you do have to eat, or have nourishment of some description in order to stay alive.
You dont smoke from birth. But eating, or gaining nourishment is something that is done before we are even born.

Who knows what the answers are :eek::(
Marge

Feel better soon, Hun!!

Oh and the kebab? :drool: will have to change into my PJs so that I don't go and get one :eek:

xxx

Thanks toots!
Hahaha...sorry didnt mean to tempt anyone.....horrible, dirty, smelly kebabs!!!:eek:

Spoooooky Maloooky !!
If you had written that you had given up smoking 7 and a half years ago, I would have thought that was a post I had written myself :eek:
And even after that amount of time, if I were to have one now, I would be smoking full time :eek:

The point is though, you dont have to smoke to live, but you do have to eat, or have nourishment of some description in order to stay alive.
You dont smoke from birth. But eating, or gaining nourishment is something that is done before we are even born.

Who knows what the answers are :eek::(
Marge

Great minds think alike hey!!

Its wierd, that we can identify where we are going wrong, but struggle with the changing part. xx

Back