The Motivation thread :-)

lucylis

I thought I would start a motivational thread... where we can post motivational quotes! share what motivates us... and a thread where we can support and motivate each other :D

so I will start! here's a few relating to diets

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thomas A. Edison [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Never, never, never quit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Winston Churchill[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Benjamin Mays[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Victory belongs to the most persevering.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Napoleon [/FONT]
:D

and for all those pondering whether to start lipotrim:
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Johann Wolfgang von Goethe [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]so come on everyone share your thoughts and motivational quotes! if we all add a few, we will be able to help those of us who may sway or falter.. to carry on and be strong and reach our goals... together we can do this:D x[/FONT]

And remember ....Have the courage to act on your dreams - leave behind you the internal forces that hold you back, together we can do this! x

my main motivation every day is looking at a photo of myself from the day i started this,also because ive been dieting years and now its playing havoc with my health,so it has come back to bite me in the bum big time! thyroid,cholestoral,blood pressure and glucose!!! so to anyone doing what i have donein the past,try your best to let this be your final attempt peeps! be strong! ;)

my biggest motivation is my 2 boys, i look at them and wonder why am i giving them a fat unhealthy mum...... so i look at them both and think i can do it for them, but mainly for myself as i deserve to be happy xxx

My greatest motivation again is my little boy.. We live in a complex that gives us free use of gym, sauna & swimming pool.. We have lived here for 2 years and I have never once taken him swimming!! :( He would love it too!!
I have used the gym once!! How lazy can you get where you basically have a private gym and don't use it!!

I have already shared this with you lucylis but here is a quote I love.. I stole it from NCIS but I don't know where it originally came from..

If you always do what you've always done.. You'll always get what you've always got!!

Seems kinda perfect to me !! Sums up my relationship with food and exercise completely!! xx

Goodluck everyone and Take care xxx

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott, The Spiritual Life
[/FONT]

Thanks to you all this is just what I need at end of day 2 really hungry but don't want to pass my bad eating onto my little boy I must change now

my motivation, apart from the want to be slimmer, believe it or not, is...............

no more washin dishes!! WHOOP WHOOP

heres a little poem ive just written, sorry if theres any spellin mistakes. An sorry if its a bit crap lol

remember why you're doing this, have faith and truly believe,
that you are strong and when you put your mind to it, imagine what you can achieve,
Remember you are not denying yourself, you are gaining control,
not only are you cleansing the palate, but also cleansing the soul,
Remember overeating is horrible and sorded,
maintain abstinence and you'll be rewarded
What is better than being wealthy?
Being able to run around with your kids, being healthy,
So dont lose faith and dont give in,
Dig deep and find the strength within.
Keep at it guys, and watch the opportunities unfold,
Today lipotrim, tomorrow the world!

Last edited:
cheers, im gettin annoyed cos i cant view my likes cos ive not posted 50 posts yet!

Lol.. I know I was too but I'm there now and it took a whole to register how many posts I had made .. Just keep posting and you will be able to in no time.. What day are you on and how are you getting on? xx

great poem foofoo

Magpie stay strong.. it does get easier! and whilst your on here reading the threads it distracts you lol :) a thing that may help! have a bit more you time... facial, manicure, long soak in bath... in fact anything that you may not normally have time for! not that you will have extra time make it YOU time! how good will that be :) x

hi everyone and good evening! how is everyone? my first day back on them after the weekend off :-( (discussed reasons in another thread) anyways I have been good and I stayed strong! and i know this works! just got to keep reminding myself!

stay focused ,,,,,, we can do this together! Remember the first rule of focus is this: "Wherever you are, be there!

and remember....
Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time. x

Lol.. I know I was too but I'm there now and it took a whole to register how many posts I had made .. Just keep posting and you will be able to in no time.. What day are you on and how are you getting on? xx

im comin to the end of day 3, and hopin it will get better. I feel better than day one and two though. Just worried how im actually meant to sustain working every day, and looking after my animals on 425 cals a day? good thing is i dont have to go to the gym anymore lol i used to love it, got obsessed and was doin 14 classes a week, but lost motivation with that n its now something i hate. Im lookin forward to weighing in on thurs. how about you? x

foofoo get posting you will be there in no time! :) and welcome to forum how are you finding it? x

i am postin but some threads dont even have one comment lol

you don't have to start your own threads, just make comments on threads already on forum! or in the general chat area etc! they soon add up! x
i know i dont, just be nice to get a comment :cry: lol :)

Yay!! You made it!! lol.. Had my second weigh in today and at home I had lost 4lbs but at pharmacy I had lost 7lbs!! Which do I go by? xx Confused much?!?! xx

Back